FSB TelecomMissold product

D

We nearly joined the FSB (Federation Of Small Businesses).
We were "sold" a freephone number and telephone service that would NOT AFFECT OUR BT LINE but would merely give us FSB discount.

However on consideration of FSB and the fact that although they are meant to be for the smaller business but do not accept standing orders as opposed to direct debits we decided not to go ahead.

Although I emailed to cancel the freephone service, our telephone bills then came from FSB. I was unable to access BT facilities such as call divert etc as BT informed me it was no longer a BT line and we had switched suppliers. SOMETHING I DID NOT AGREE TO.

We are now in a position where we owe FSB £400, they have disconnected our phone line which we need urgently and I cannot get anyone to resolve this as am only able to email BT/FSB and there is a complete lck of response.

FSB are supposed to help smaller businesses but all they've done for us is missold us a service and screwed us up.

Any advise welcome.

• De
    Dee Steed Sep 24, 2008

We nearly joined the FSB (Federation Of Small Businesses).

Any advise welcome.

• St
    Steve Reed - FSB Telecom Sep 26, 2008

Good morning Dee

In my role as Solutions Manager for FSB Telecom I monitor blogs in order to proactively address any issues on the rare occasions that they are posted on websites rather than being raised through the channels we have in place.

Having investigated your complaint please allow me to respond to all points.

I have here a copy of your order form for the like for like transfer of the line rental from BT to FSB, plus an 0800 number to point to the landline, signed by you. I also have a signed Direct Debit instruction to your bank.

This agreement was made over a year ago and at this time you were sent a letter by FSB Telecom and also one by BT confirming that this transfer was taking place; at this point you could have cancelled the transfer request if you so wished.

Instead you completed the transfer and have in fact been using FSB Telecom’s services for the past year, except for the 0800 number which you cancelled a few months after the order.

As the landline was a like for like transfer any facilities on it when it was with BT remained in place when it moved to FSB. No existing facilities were stopped and no new facilities were ordered.

Your phone line has been made Temporarily Out of Service by our Credit Control team. You did make payment for one month of your services by cheque.

I believe your partner has in fact been in touch with our Credit Control team regarding the TOS and Credit Control await backdated payment for the services that we provided you and you used from September 2007.

I trust that this answers all queries but please don’t hesitate to contact me if I can be of further assistance.

Kind regards