Frontline ShoppersMystery Shopper Scam

Mystery shopper program claims to pay $10 per "shop" and covers food expenses for surveys completed at Taco Bell, Pizza Hut and KFC.

I completed 8 of these in May/June 2009 and have not received any money in return! It has been difficult just to get a reply back to an e-mail. The only time I heard from the company is in October 2009 when I signed up for more shops and did not complete the survey (in an effort to get someone to talk to me).

WATCH out for Frontline Focus also known as Frontline International and Frontline Focus International.

I'm out $165 and a lot of time trying to recoup it!

It is a scam.

PC

• 12
    123Paul Nov 20, 2009

Just to follow-up, after sending several e-mails, complaining to the Better Business Bureau and threatening legal action I did receive a cheque for the full outstanding amount from this organization.

If you sign up with them be very clear on how you will be reimbursed.

Paul

• Da
    David Crass Dec 08, 2009

They give you directions on a survey they want you to take for them.
    They sent me 2 money orders for $870 each and told me to cash them at my Bank and send $1500 to the next Mystery Shopper. If you have been approached like this, I suggest that you not to give them the Western Union pick up code until you make sure the money Orders are good. Mine were not good and I had them returned to my Bank and I had Bank charges on both of them and had I given them the code to pick up the money on their end, I would have been out a whole lot more money. Had it now been for the Thanksgiving Vacation I may not have found out about this in time. I was under the impression that a money order was just like CASH. It isn't, so be careful. Don't trust them.
    Dave

• Av
    avalanche1 Dec 10, 2009

I am in the same predicament, I have performed 5 shops for them from May to October and they were constantly calling me to do more, when I told them that I would not do more until I was paid for the ones I did, the calls stopped. The just keep putting me off when I ask when I will be paid. I have also just complained to the BBB and have threatened legal action.
    Frontline is a farce in my opinion, they hire people to evaluate customer service and they clearly need help themselves in that dept. If you are reading this and considering doing shops for them, take my advice, DON'T!

• Dr
    Dr. Nigel Johnson D.D. Feb 27, 2010

I received 2 money orders for $1000 a piece. With instruction to deposit them and take out $200 for may wages. Then to perform a money transfer to London the same day. My bank put holds on the money orders for a week, so I couldn't perform the assignment I was given. After several emails to the Mr. James of Frontlineshoppers, explaining the situation, he said to make the transfer as soon as the funds were available. I informed him of every move I made to complete the tranfer. Then suddenly, no further responses from him. The funds are still in my account. I am not going to do anything until I hear back from them. It seemed a little strange for someone to send me so much money and with out any type of contract. I am going to research this further and see where it leads me.

• St
    Steph043 Mar 07, 2010

I had to deal with Frontline Focus, they gave me the run around also until, I told them I would call the companies, I did the shops on. To let them know that these crooks (them) were not paying and for that I would never eat there again. I recieved a cal within minutes, then the money was shortly behind. There are a few bad shopping companies, but alot of good ones.

Nigel, you are being scammed. This is something that has been going on for years. They (the crooks) hope that you have enough funds in your account to cover the bogus money orders, so that you send them the money before the bank clears it andcomes back to tell you its (the money order) not any good. DONT SEND ANY MONEY.

Do not confuse these companies with others that have similar names. Frontlineshoppers, is a scam, Frontline Focus Just doesn't pay, do your research there are several people as yourselves that have been taken by these crooks. Like I said just call KFC, Taco Bell and Pizza Hut Heade Office and see how quick you get action.

• Mi
    Mishu5 Mar 12, 2010

I have been doing mystery shops for Frontline Focus for a few years now and in the past year I've also had trouble getting paid. I just received full payment this week after waiting almost 7 months and trying to contact someone dozens of times. They don't answer their e-mails or call back when you leave a message. They called me to do another "shop" and I reluctantly agreed. If I have the same trouble this time I will not have anything else to do with this company. I don't recommend it to anyone...what company expects work to be done and then not pay for it for months???

• Rh
    rhino99 Apr 26, 2010

Just so you know Frontline Shoppers is a legit independant company from Frontline Focas. Have worked for them for years. However there is a scam targeting several legit mystery shopper company involving the bank money orders. They legitimate mystery shopper companies are not involved but the crooks are using the mystery shopper companies name as a front. This apparently has been happening to many companies. Bottom line is your recieve a request for a mystery shop involving a money order from anyone don't particpate.

MYourt May 05, 2010

I too am a mystery shopper for Frontline Focus and was solicited by them through Shadow Shoppers. I am owed money for three Pizza Hut assignments and get no response from emails. I have written them today and given them two days to respond or I am going to Pizza Hut, KFC, etc. to complain. I work for two other reputable companies who always pay promptly. This is very disturbing and I'm very angry.

lacyskittles May 26, 2010

I am a shopper for frontline focus. I have always been paid on time and people always answer my calls and my emails Multiple times a day. I have never had a problem with this company. For one you are not suppose to work for more than one company at a time not only is this wrong in the mystery shopping world but illegal goverment wise. Maybe if people did there shops on time and when they where suppose to hand in the forms and entered the information on line they would find that pay would come as scheduled as explained by the staff when you are first hired.

• Th
    themoon Jun 13, 2010

lacyskittles are you for real? Of course you can work for more than one mystery shopping company at the same time. The reason Frontline Focus only want to hire people who have never shopped before and keep them only shopping for Frontline Focus is because they want you to be ignorant. They want people who think that it is alright to make someone wait months for both their pay and the reimbursement. They do not want savvy shoppers. My husband had the same problem as others here have mentioned, and he did not do ANYTHING wrong, all the instructions were followed to the letter including completing the job as scheduled and submitting the job as required. He also had to resort to threats before he was finally paid. What a shame that a company with such a lucrative contract has no remorse in scamming unsuspecting shoppers.

lacyskittles Jun 14, 2010

That is funny seen as how i get paid every month straight to my bank account so I do not understand why everyone has such problems. As of aug i will have been with this company for one year. Sad to you feel this way. I love the company I work with and the people I work with are great. Anyway Sorry bout ur luck. I have nothing left to say.

• Du
    duckduckB Jul 01, 2010

I totally agree the moon. Lacyskittles is so naive thinking FF is a good company. Are you paying to write good comments for FF?

I am working for more than 6 regular mystery shopping companies on a regular monthly basics and they know the existence of each other. Unless you are an "employee" of a mystery shopping company, then you can't perform jobs for others. Mystery shoppers are case by case contractors only. You can check the guidelines and I bet you have never taken MSPA cert.

Back to FF, this is the ONLY and the ONE which does not pay me on time. Most of the companies I have worked for pay me between a time frame of 30-60 days on a monthly basic. The best one is twice a month. Rare cases are 90 days but that is the max I have encountered. I keep track of the payments for the past 3 years and FF is the only one outstanding (still owe me $ technically). I have to make dozens of phone calls to chase after the butt. It took me almost an year to get 90% of the pay. The rest of the 10%, like 40 something $, well... I have written that off as if I've donated to a beggar on the street. The company is so annoying and like rats . They have numerous schedulers called you consistently. When I told them that you company still owed me money, they seriously apologized, asked for my contact and name (which you already had, otherwise whom you think you were talking to), but never called back. And also because of FF, I never dine in Pizza Hut, Taco and KFC after that. BTW, Taco food sucks.

Beware of FF! There are a lot of good mystery shopping companies out there and why bother work for FF. Blacklist FF!!

• Gr
    Gracie61 Jul 30, 2010

I have only been with Frontline Shoppers for 2 and a half months. I have done 3 phone shops and 5 mystery shops since the beginning of June. Their contract states "is paid at the end of the month following the assignment"

I too have NOT been paid for any of them!! I emailed yesterday with the list of completed jobs and inquired as to whether they pay through paypal or cheque as this is NOT stated on their site anywhere.

As an "independent" contractor for mystery shop companies both parties agree to the contract. They set it out as their part and sign in agreement. Well I agreed to be paid didn't I??

My paperwork was done on time and was very concise. I not only have over 30 years retail experience as an employee but also as an employer so I know what I am doing out there.

I have now emailed it to 2 different departments with my phone number as well and have not heard back in either way.

I also do work for 5 other companies ALL who have paid me with no problems.

I checked the BBB site here and it showed them as only having 1 complaint against them in the last 36 months and it had been resolved?? With all I am reading here I am not sure why only 1 complaint is showing unless it wasn't reported to the BBB.

I will now give them till Monday which puts us into August. If I don't get a response I too will contact the companies I mystery shopped on and tell them and I will also post it all over Facebook and Kijiji.

Mine were not for fast food places but for retail stores and property management places...none the less we all deserve to be paid for work we do.

lacyskittles Jul 31, 2010

Hello. I am sorry to hear your discontent. Just so you know they pay ever 6-8 weeks and it is by cheque. You should talk to your contact person whom you work with. I am sure you will find yourself paid in the next week. The head office of the ff Is in texas from my understanding. That is where our money is coming from. But seriously talk to the person who hired you they really are understanding when people are nice and not rude. The people who hired us have nothing to do with the pay roll but can sometimes be able to answer our questions cause yes payroll is busy and they don't return emails fast.Just remember the people who hired us do shops as well. Which they have to wait as long as we do for there cheques. Unless you do more than 30 shops from this company they don't pay every 30 days. BUT i was told from the get go it was 6-8 weeks What are some of these other companies that every one is working for. have a good one and wish you luck.
    And just to clarify from some other people no I do not get paid to put these in. I honest and truly get paid every month. I also have great relationship with both my reps that i deal with.

• Gr
    Gracie61 Aug 01, 2010

@lacyskittles...thx for your imput but as I stated their own shoppers contract states that they pay at the end of the month for jobs done in that month. This Frontline Shoppers I am with is in Alberta, Canada.
    I have tried to contact different people (including my own contact). No one is responding what so ever.
    It has been 8 weeks already since the first jobs I did for them and nothing!!
    I am almost 50 years old and will not tolerate any crap from anyone. I have been an employee and an employer, having owned my own business so I know what needs to take place here.

If I don't have a response from someone after our long weekend (Tues) I will then call each company I did the mystery shop on and tell them NOT to deal with Frontline anymore. They are paying Frontline to find contractors to do mystery shops. Wonder how they'd feel if they knew I wasn't being paid and how many others out there?

You just plain and simple don't treat people like this. Its my time, gas and effort to do this, I expect to be paid what I am promised.

Having said all that good for you that your experience is not the same as some of us, unfortunately some of us including me are getting the brunt end of the stick.

• To
    TopShape Aug 08, 2010

I have worked for and had to collect a lot of money with the help of Shadowshoppers.com - No way I would ever do another job for Frontline Focus from Hamilton, Ontario, Canada unless I was paid ahead of time. I thing lacyskittles is either very naive or a Frontline Focus plant. 54 days ago she wrote "That is funny seen as how i get paid every month straight to my bank account" - 6 days ago she wrote: Just so you know they pay ever 6-8 weeks and it is by cheque." Well, what is it ? Deposit or cheque ?- I just got off the floor rolling in laughter when I read we could only work for one company at a time.

• To
    TopShape Aug 08, 2010

Additional to my previous post - If you have any trouble collecting any Mystery Shopping Company AND they advertise at shadowshoppers.com, write an email to the webmaster with all the exact shopping dates and the name of your schedulers. He was instrumental in helping me my get over $500.00 by Frontline Focus. DO NOT DROP it. You have earned it and you deserve it. If enough of us stand up and collect, we will collectively drive companies like Frontline Focus out of business for good. They knew that three of us were going to drive from Montreal to Hamilton to collect (over $3, 000 owed to the three of us ) so they made sure we got paid before we alerted the newspapers and took the drive I still think that a picture with a headline in front of their headquarters would of been real nice.

• Ri
    Rita24 Oct 06, 2010

I am a very satisfied mystery shopper for FRONTLINE FOCUS INTERNATIONAL.
    I have been working with the company for 14 years. At first when I started shopping for the company they paid like clockwork, every 2 weeks. They have since changed their major programs in Canada and the people that call to book the shops with the shoppers are VERY clear that is takes 8-10 weeks from the end of program deadline. I have always been paid.
    They do not send money orders, they send cheques that to date have not ever bounced.
    I complete hundreds of visits for the company for years and I have no complaints

Rita

• Ri
    Rita24 Oct 06, 2010

Frontline Focus International is a legitimate mystery shopping company.
    Frontline Shoppers is not. They have contacted me several times and said that they are affiliated with Frontline Focus International and requested a credit card # as well as my SIN number.
    I immediately called the employee that I deal with daily from Frontline Focus International, and they made me aware that they have never worked with a company called Frontline Shoppers NOR would they have any reason to request this information.

Like Rita said above... My pay cheques always arrive within the 8-10 week time frame from the end of the deadline date.

AGAIN PLEASE NOTE;
    FRONTLINE FOCUS INTERNATIONAL is an International LEGITIMATE mystery shopping company, and if you follow the correct steps in being paid you are both reimbursed for the costs put forth and paid for participating!

FRONTLINE SHOPPERS is NOT a Legitimate company and request to know PERSONAL Information that is not to be given to ANYONE!

• Th
    themoon Oct 08, 2010

Rita24 do you work for Frontline Focus? I think you forgot to change your screen name when you made your second post shilling the virtues of your company since y0u referred to yourself as though you were someone else.

Quote:

Frontline Shoppers is a legitimate company that pays on time, unlike Frontline Focus. They have never asked me for a credit card number. They also do not pretend to be affiliated with Frontline Focus, in fact they try to distance themselves from such an unreputable company.

• Da
    dads86 Oct 12, 2010

I'm also a shopper for Frontline Focus International and to be honest, the pay does come but sometimes late. IF you expect to get rich instantly than your in the wrong type of business. The shops help improve the way we get treated when we go out. I think it's worth it and I enjoy the coordinators I deal with! If you actually read the entire certification process and follow the procedures given by your coodinator, payments are usually on time! I know that the shops I've completed have been paid for and I will continue to evaluate and help improve our customer service in my city!

• Su
    Suzanla Dec 23, 2010

Frontline Focus is a scam. And they must be hiring out to get people to say nice things about them. I also have not been paid for anything for the last seven months. If calling KFC works, then maybe I will try that.

• Al
    Altachic Jan 30, 2011

To all in this thread- please be aware that there are 2 companies with very similar names and some of you (from assignments you are mentioning you have doen such as phone shops ) are confusing the 2.
    One is Frontline Focus International which based in Hamilton Ont- the bulk of their work is the fast food assignments and THEY are the ones to run from -they were on the up and up for many yrs but something appears to have occurred within the company &they have ruined their reputation with shoppers(and yes- this is the company that states you CAN NOT work as a mysteyr shopper for anyone else because their client stipulates this). The other company is Frontline Shoppers and is based in Edmonton Alberta- it has a multitude of different assignments such as phone shops, automotive, banks and very little fast food contracts- they are legitimate.
    So please be aware of WHICH company you are referring to when you make your posts
    Longtime Mystery Shopper

La Vern E. Simkins Apr 16, 2011

My name is La Vern and I have not had a pay check form Frontline also. I have done 4 jobs and am owed $80.00.

• Fr
    Frontline Focus International Scammers May 05, 2011

Front Line Focus International is a pathetic excuse for a company. Boycot them as well as the companies they do the work for (KFC, Taco Bell and Pizza Hut) They must be aware what ### Frontline are. I have been fighting for the rest of my money for 1 1/2 years ( I did get paid once and it was a good chunk of change - only took 8 months, many emails and phone calls) I wish I lived in Ontario so I could 'pay them a visit to collect' I can't believe they haven't been shut down and locked up!

La Vern E. Simkins May 05, 2011

I feel that the Ontario Labour should be notified of Front Line Focus

mysterykaren May 14, 2011

I have had problems with BestMark - they try to find reasons why they should not pay you and say you messed things up without giving you an opportunity to actually see the paperwork they are claiming is wrong. Then they simply don't pay you for any items they deem "problems." I stopped working for them, there are too many other honest companies out their. No one else has tried to "scam" me except BestMark.

mysterykaren May 14, 2011

Beware of BestMark: they allege that you made mistakes, but will not let you see the paperwork where they claim the errors occurred. I believe they try to NOT pay you whenever they can. There are too many honest mystery shopping companies out there to be scammed by BestMark. Be careful!

• El
    EL KAY Jun 01, 2011

I performed 3 mystery shops for Frontline Focus International in January of 2011. They were completed correctly, submitted and all on time. I had to stop working for them for awhile due to health reasons, so I asked my Frontline contact, Sallie, if my Mom could start as a mystery shopper, as she was interested. she agreed, and they made contact. My Mom took her certification and to date has completed 50 shops. She submitted her invoice at the same time as mine. The invoices were e-mailed March 23rd. It is now May 31st and I still have not received my reimbursement cheque. I was aware that there was a 6-8 week delay after a shop was completed, before the payment would be sent out, however, that time had more than elapsed before I even sent the invoice in. Multiple e-mails and calls have been sent regarding our reimbursements, we have received responses promising that we would be getting them by a certain date three different times. Another reason given was they were updating and improving their payroll system and that was what was responsible for the delay. I only wish that I had read the above comments prior to getting involved with this company, and then I certainly wouldn't have involved my Mom. We will get our money I am sure, because we will fight for it! But we have more important issues in our life, and could have done without this DEADBEAT COMPANY!!

• Tr
    trinket44 Jul 16, 2011

They are not legit. I have also not got paid for pizza hut shops that I have done. take your chances. they suck you in. THEY DO NOT PAY.

• Ba
    Barry Nameth Jul 16, 2011

I seem to have the same problem. I did several OK Tire shops for them since last May, one promising an $85 bonus and as of today(July15th) I haven'nt recieved a cent. So far in the past, I have received payment for some OK Tire shops but my more recent ones have been unpaid as of now.
    Barry Nameth, Quebec City

• Am
    AmyO8275 Oct 13, 2011

I have worked for both Frontline Focus and Frontline Shoppers and have not had a problem with either one. Focus was a bit slow to pay but I still received it within 10 weeks. I always keep track of the day I do the shop and the day I get paid that way I can decide if I want to continue working for either. I have a good scheduler with Focus. We talk on the phone regularly when I am about to do a shop. I have done several shops for Shoppers as well. They have always paid me on time. Both use cheques. I have never been approached with a scam either. There are better companies to work for out there but there two haven't caused me either problems. I feel bad for those of you who have had issues. Obviously someone is trying to rip you off.

mach1mom Dec 09, 2011

Just got an email from Front line Focus Inc. to become a mystery shopper. Thought I should check out any claims against them first. Anybody know of a GOOD, REPUTABLE company to do mystery shopping? I live in Southern California, near Pasadena area.

• Te
    Teresa77 Jul 24, 2013

I have been a Mystery Shopper with Frontline Focus International inc. since 2008 and I have had no issues in receiving reimbursements and my fee for completion.
    Its unfortunate to see the information that some are providing above however I have completed anywhere between 10-100 shops per month and am always paid within the 8-10 weeks as promised.

• Te
    Teresa77 Jul 24, 2013

I have been a Mystery Shopper with Frontline Focus International since 2009 and have completed anywhere between 10-100 visits per month for the company.
    They have never asked me for any personal details (SIN/CREDITCARD INFO ETC)
    I followed all steps that they clearly outlined for me when I signed up to be a mystery shopper and have been paid EVERYTIME between 8-10 weeks.
    There was a total of 5 visits that I was not paid for, as I did not complete the assignment according to their specifications (i reported within 10 days of doing my visits) I did however receive communication that my visits wouldn't be used accepted and would be rebooked.
    I learned the hard time there however have never had any issues. I am a very satisfied shopper with Frontline Focus International and will continue to work for them. They come through with their word always.

• Jm
    Jmbeth Jul 25, 2013

Frontline Focus has an office here in the Philippines. I experienced the same thing. A staff kept on bugging me to visit one site. She said that I will be reimbursed after 6 wks. After submitting the receipt and details needed I haven't heard anything from her anymore. After 2 months I texted the lady and received no response. The lady was so quick in texting and asking favor to visit the site. She would even text in the middle of the night, but does not give any word about the agreed reimbursement and fee. You don't have the right to run such kind of business if you don't keep your word!! SCAM!!!

• Ha
    hawaiiretiree Apr 10, 2014

I, too, am having trouble getting paid by Frontline Focus. I can't believe that some people think it's okay to wait eight to ten weeks to be reimbursed for out-of-pocket expenses! I did my last shopping in January and am still awaiting payment. Every time I ask where my money is, I'm told that they are "working on it and it should be soon". Pretty amusing that some people were told THREE YEARS AGO that Frontline was updating their payroll system; that's the same excuse that I got just recently. I've decided to NEVER do any more shopping with them. They expect a written report within twenty-four hours, but I'm still waiting for payment 90 days later. I like the suggestion of calling Pizza Hut, TB, and KFC stores and telling them about the secret shoppers. Now I wish that I'd seen this site before I signed up with them.