Frontline Plus from VetShopOnline.comFrontline Plus from Australia not USA -- product not EPA approved and not to be sold in US

I purchased Frontline Plus from Vetshoponline and was shocked to see that the product was Australian since they do not disclose that information on their site. I used it on my two dogs and the became infested with fleas for the first time in over 10 yrs. I've previously used Frontline and it has worked in the past.

I called the Merial USA division and found out that the product that I bought from Vetshoponline is not EPA approved and not to be sold in the USA. They were kind enough to offer to replace my product with the US product.

According to Vetshoponline, all Frontline is made in France and is all the same....right. They really need to disclose where there products are from so that the consumer can make an educated decision.

Buyer beware!

• Sp
    S. Patel May 16, 2014

I have used Vetshoponline for several years without any problems. I have bought Frontline, Revolution, both of which have worked fine for my pets. This "complaint" is nonsensical and the complainer is an ignorant person who cannot use their brain. Vetshoponline is an AUSTRALIAN owned company which does not have to abide by any useless US FDA guidelines. Merial makes Frontline, it does not matter which country its manufacturing base is located in. The consumer gets the same product. The reason they scare ###s like the complainer is because they want Americans to only buy from USA where there is no price ceiling for pharma drugs, thereby paying more and them making more profit. Whilst there are scam products out there being old by unscrupulous people, Vetshoponline is NOT one of them!

• Ra
    Randy Marsh Mar 20, 2014

Also, I almost forgot to mention that joespetmeds.com seems to be owned by the same individuals (do some research on that companys feedback and you'll see some striking similarities): Both companies selling from austrailia, both companies are accused MANY times of selling fake products, both companies are clearly posting all of the positive comments on SEVERAL different review and scam reporting sites, and in one case someone posting as a representative from Joespetmeds even mentions that the only other retailer that came close to matching their prices was vetshoponline...who the heck is going to make any sort of plug whatsoever for their competition? I don't think I've ever seen such an aggressive online damage control campaign from a company..but like I mentioned earlier this person/people are clearly deranged. To quote JoesPetMeds from their website "We're really nice people, really we are!" Pathetic...

• Ra
    Randy Marsh Mar 20, 2014

It is almost scary the effort that some clearly disturbed individual from vetshoponline (probably the owner or his wife if I had to guess) has posted almost absolutely every comment disagreeing with the complaint... REALLY? Hate
    to tell you Kelly Price, Terry Cooper, Michael Jones (At least find some less generic names, seriously.. you are an idiot) coupled with the fact that after this they make sure (posting as themselves for once) to mention that that "First and foremost, we do not engage in writing positive comment about ourself and our services on any website." all you're doing is making absolutely apparent to everyone that sees this website that you are absolutely the fraud you appear to be, and your "devout fake customer base " that posts the same essential information almost verbatim over and over is not helping you. Neither does your feeble minded attempt to make your "fake customers" seem more legitimate by having them also say they "had some problems with the website" but otherwise things were just peachy...please stop hurting peoples pets.. and get some psychological help.

• Di
    DIL94 Sep 16, 2010

I have used vetshoponline for at least 4 years now and so far no problems or issues with flea meds (frontline - k9 advantage)or heart gard. I recieve my orders within 3 to 7 days depending when I order it. The web site clearly states that they are from Australia in contact info, about us, and in their legal and terms link. One time I did call customer service and it took about 12 mins to talk to someone but I get that with USA based companies too. I you are someone who does not like vetshoponline send in a complaint and do not use them. I did this to Walmart and did not shop at the one in Williamsburg Va because of bad coustomer service. (I also worked at this one and quit for bad employ service too.) So before complaining, read everything and have your own experience with the company, send in a complaint or compliment, and either continue to use or stop using. This goes for all companies anywhere in the world and remember USA bussiness are supplied from places all over (like China and the lead paint) Walmart still is supplied from this China company too.

• Si
    Silver8 Aug 16, 2010

I just received my order (it took 2 weeks to receive) and was shocked when I opened the package to discover it came from some foreign country. The boxes were marked per usual Frontline Plus but there was a sticker on the back of both boxes in some Arabic???? language. Where in the hell did this stuff come from?
    Is it safe to use?

• Pe
    Peggles Aug 11, 2010

TOTAL SCAM!!! I normally buy advantage from your local petstore but my boyfreinds mom decided that she would try her luck and order online from vetshop... Our dog went from minimal fleas to being infested in a matter of days after the first application. She was told over the phone that she would not receive a refund. I dont know what crack these people have been smoking to say that the product they have been receiving is good.

• Li
    Linda Benolo Jul 24, 2010

The frontline that I got from Vetshoponline didn't work. I tried to get a refund, and they want me to return the vials. That would mean a drive to the post office, purchase some packaging and postage. When I called and challenge their Guarantee No Question Asked - they gave me nothing but more [censor]S. DO NOT deal with them.

• Bi
    Bill Scott Apr 19, 2010

I have dealt with Vetshopoline several times. I compared the contents with both Heartgard and Frontline. They are identicle to the package I got from my Vet in Florida, they were all well within the expiration date and I buy 12 months at a time. The Frontline Plus is one half of what I must pay locally. And like a previous post noted, it says they are Aussie on the web site. My experience is all good, and I will continue to patronize them. No difference than Americans buying from Canadian pharmacy's because of the price. My black Lab is six years old. I started her on Frontline the day after I brought he home. She wouldn't know what a flea was if she saw it.

• To
    TomBomer Dec 08, 2009

Just to let everyone know I had the same problem like Belindafrost. I do not recommend anyone dealing with them.

• Be
    belindafrost Oct 13, 2009

Vetshoponline is a fraud and dishonest group of people. Major drama when I wanna get my refund back. So much for FULLY Guaranteed. Stay well away from these poeple.

• Sh
    shannon May 30, 2009

I always purchase Frontline Plus from an Australian website. It's much the same as going to Canada to purchase prescription drugs for humans except that we don't need prescriptions for flea medications for pets. And it's a lot less expensive. Of course merial want you to purchase from the USA. They make exorbitant profits in the USA. The products from Australia are just as effective.

• We
    Wendy May 28, 2009

Frontline Plus is made in Lyon, France. The same factory sends the product to the USA and other countries, the only difference is the packaging since the USA uses ounces and Australia etc use metric.
    On amazon you can also buy frontline in a bottle and put it in the vials yourself at a half off savings.

• Du
    duglover Apr 16, 2009

I have been buying Frontline with Vetshoponline for couple of months now. California weather is getting hotter as it gets closer to summer. I have found couple of fleas on my medium size dog. I have stopped buying from them. They are cheaper but I rather pay more to get the purpose of it. Now I am buying from 800med. They are more expensive but as long as it works. There is no reason for me to pay more but to have effect on it. I can show the purchase order that I have been buying from Vetshoponline and can also show 800med. Only one reason to pay more expensive, for my dog NOT to have fleas. I have called, waited for 45 minutes and gave up because have to get back to work and emailed Vetshoponline, still no reply. I dont need the money back and I dont need to change for anything else either. Just stop selling something useless that has no effect. It is sad for the dogs.

• St
    Steve MacKInney Nov 18, 2008

I bought a 12 month supply last summer and was disappointed to see the expiration date of 12/09 - no way I will use it up by then. I started using it on my 4 small dogs and it did not work - they got fleas and ticks as if they had not been treated. We never had that problem when we used frontline from other sources.
    I will contact their customer service people and see if they are as good as some of you are claiming.
    By the way, I buy the large size (4.02ml for dogs 40 - 60kg) and divide it up to treat my small dogs - saves a lot of money since the formula is identical. You get a lot more frontline for your money and it is easy to divide it with a syringe.

Mike Nov 10, 2008

I have had dogs and cats for the past 14 years but never had any problem with fleas until I started using the frontline plus from Vetshoponline.com. For months I thoguth I was doing something wrong and even applied the product twice in one month but the fleas just grew more and my pets were even more infested. I just decided to go on line and do a little research when I find out I have been fooled by this company for the past year. For all I know they could have put water in those vials and I am paying $50 discounted price to beleive it is going to keep the fleas away from my pets. It is one thing when you want to rip people off and make some disohnest money but to put my poor cats and dogs under such tortures conditions for the past year. That is inhumane. Shame on you vetshoponline. I hope everyone would read these comments and find out what a fraud you people are.

• Na
    Nancy Sep 25, 2008

I've been using Frontline from the Vet Shop Online service from Australia (which is clearly marked on the Box) for about a year now. It does smell exactly the same as the type I paid extremely high prices for at the Vet's office. It also leaves a greasy spot on my pet's skin. I was thrilled to see a decent priced product for once. Because I am a nurse with an advanced degree, I checked the ingredients with the box I had from my Vet's. They're exactly the same ingredients and same quantity of them as well. Most importantly of all, IT WORKS! My Bichon Frises are flea-free. Now I wish I could say the same for my darling grandson who brings in sand fleas from the sandbox at preschool! One must be allergic to fleas to know they're around. They leave small red welts/bites usually around the ankles or lower legs, if you are. Otherwise, you'll never know they're around. My dogs play with him without being affected by his fleas. His parents use a eucalyptus cream on him every night as he was allergic to the fleas. Plus, the school replaced the sand as well as placed a sturdy covering over the sandbox. Anyway, that was a tangent, to say how effective I have found Frontline to be for my dogs. I am VERY pleased with the prices, customer service, and have always received my order in a timely manner. Who's trying to do this company in? We should be thanking them instead.

Micheal Phelps Sep 16, 2008

VetShoponline is not trustworthy! I would never ever order from them!

• Lo
    Lorien Caldwell Sep 05, 2008

I was convinced after reading all of the testimonials and satisfaction guarantees on the VetShopOnline website that the products were legitimate. I found the extremely discounted prices hard to believe at first, but naively trusted the company to provide me with a product that I know and use regularly. I am not sure exactly what it is that they have packaged in the pipettes under the product name of "Frontline Plus for Cats", but I do know that after more than sufficient time for it to have done its job, I have seen absolutely no difference in any of the 4 cats that it was applied to. I should have taken my first clue in the fact that it had no noticeable odor when applied, which the true medication does, nor did it leave the usual temporary greasy spot on the cats' fur afterward. Now, more than a week later, as all 4 cats are scratching noticeably, I will be making a visit to my local vet's office to pay the regular price of $89 for the medication I believed I was purchasing from VetShopOnline. How convenient that their generous refund offer applies to items "unopened in the original packaging." Someone was laughing as they included that in the disclaimer, I have no doubt.

I am extremely disappointed to have been duped by this company into sending money for something which I trusted to be the product that was advertised, and will do everything within my power to ensure that other pet owners do not repeat my mistake.

• Ve
    vetshoponline.com Aug 17, 2008

Dear Value Customers,

We appreciate everyone's comment. We hardly visit this site and that explain why the feedback are not being attended. It is hard to keep up with the validity of a complaint. Some people do make out of their way to tarnish our image - one perfect example - this particular complaint by the name Jessica was reproduced as Red Pixel posted on the Aug 12, 2008 - word for word. Sigh! It is sad to see them abuse a tool to improve service of any business.

Victoria, we have just recently redevelopment our site, with new fresher look, brand and other unique features. Website down are a thing in the past now. :))

Mark & Fred, thank you for your kind feedback. We would like to reiterate that we are not distributing substandard products that are harmful to your pets. This means we will not source cheap products (or imitations) just to make quick bucks. It is because we aim for a long run, and our company has been doing this honest business for nearly a decade since 1999.

Kathina, we have just sent you a personal email to your questions.

Tk, if you are charged, I am sure you have a CC statement to back it up. We are happy to refund, just show us the statement. No problem.

Anyone that has any problem, worry or inquiry - please do not hesitate to call our contact centre. They are a bunch of friendly & decent people who love to help. Please call so we can help.

• Fr
    Fred Aug 17, 2008

The packaging & ingredients are the same with vetshoponline and ones sold here in the US.
    I have not had any problems with this company as far as placing orders, very reasonable customer service, and all in a timeley manner. All this is very concerning though as our pets are like our family members. So if questionable it is not something I can chance, but if is legit in all forms, sad to not take advantage of the savings to allow better care for my dogs & indoor cat.
    If not allowed to be sold in the US:
    Why is the meds allowed to be shipped to our addresses when all info is clear and discriptive on the envelope? Meds not allowed in the US from Canada cannot be mailed, Correct?
    I do know these past few months I have applied frontline plus every 3 weeks to my cat & still he has flea problems. Again my cat is an indoor only cat. We do live in the SouthEast which offers additional flea & or pest problems. I do keep my house, inside & out sprayed with Tim-bor Pro & Tal Star, both professional sprays. I know humans can carry fleas in on our shoes & clothes, they then jump on the animal and hopefully Frontline plus will kill the flea (s) before they become a problem to a pet.
    We may just have an unusual over population of fleas this year.
    But because I do consider my pets as family members I am going to visit the local vet tomorrow to purchase a pipette of frontline plus for my cat and see if there is a difference.
    When bitten by fleas my cats skin breaks out and typically clears within 4 days of applying Frontline plus. These past few months it has not reduced at all. By dragging a white sock thru out my house I cannot find any fleas on it. The University here who studies fleas says if fleas are in my house I will find some on the white sock. If I can as well I will try to mail or drop off one of these pipettes from vetshoponline at the University, (Clemson University), for a fair comparison with frontline plus that can be purchased at any vet.
    I believe in being fair in what ever and it would be wrong to judge vetshoponline without any accuracy.
    My pets being family members I donot want to take any chances I would later regret. The big reason is I also purchased heartworm meds from vetshoponline. That is somethign I cannot take the chance with.
    I do hope vetshoponline is selling the proper product we believe they are selling.
    I believe if vetshoponline is as they describe they will understand our concern for our pets & should appreciate proper comparison instead of just an attempt to belittle their attempt to offer us the same product at a very fair price.

• Tk
    TK Aug 07, 2008

I had to issue a changeback because I was never given a conformation number for the product. The only thing that happened was they charged my account. On the phone they asked that I fax them some information. I had none to fax. Scam period.

Mark Jul 02, 2008

The complaints about Vetshoponline are from stupid, uninformed consumers. Their products are identical to those sold in the U.S. and I purchase from them regularly. As far as their product lacking FDA approval...other than the FAA, is there a more useless federal agency than the FDA? What a joke, the only reason the Australian product isn't FDA approved is probably because of the packaging/labeling not the ingredients because, as stated, they are identical. The only issue one could rationally be concerned about is redress, if needed, because of Vetshoponline's location on the other side of the world. The gender of the complainants is also interesting to note. But like Jack said, Take a man, remove reason and accountability and ...

• Ka
    Kathina Stoneson Jun 19, 2008

Dear Vetshoponline;
    Please read the above question & reply. Thank you.

• Ka
    Kathina Stoneson Jun 19, 2008

DearVetshoponline;

I would hope this product is safe & the same formula same formula used for the Frontline Plus in the US, because you are sending it to me in the US & the box states it is manufactured by Meriel. Is this product legal for sale & use in the United States? Is it the exact same formula required for use in the US by EPA? I just received your product & I am now concerned. PLEASE ADVISE. Thank you.

• Vi
    Victoria Jun 04, 2008

My only complaint is that the web site is down sometimes. And they do not record an outgoing msg on thier 866 number about when the site will be back up. Otherwise, when I got my 1st Frontline I was slightly taken aback by the Australian packaging. I compared it to my vet-purchased pkg and the ingredients were identical. Hey, Australians can sell the product too just like us Americans can. No probs with the efficacy either. Merial, I can guess, is simply unhappy about other discount distibutors of its products as opposed to the markup that our vets do. It's all all about $...GREED. It's like Macy' selling widget for $25 and Walmart selling the identical widget for $10. Now which company do you think the widget-producers prefer to sell to?

Mary K Jun 03, 2008

I have ordered once from this site and did not even get the product to know if it even worked. Bad experience with customer service as well.

John Right Jun 02, 2008

No idea why this customer is complaining. I have purchase frontline plus from vetshoponline.com for the last year and have used it on my three dogs. In fact a few months ago, my three dogs became infested with fleas when we went on vacation (probably since the med was wearing off) and when I reapplied the frontline plus I purchased from vetshoponline.com (knowing that it was made in France), the fleas were gone within 7 days.

Their service is very satisfactory and their prices are better than fair.

Johnny Tan Mar 11, 2008

So far I have no problem with vetshoponline.com.

The service is very satisfaction.

• Ve
    VetShopOnline Mar 11, 2008

Dear All,

First and foremost, we do not engage in writing positive comment about ourself and our services on any website. Nor we spent any energy in writing to undermine our competitors. Firstly we just dont have the time to do so, and secondly it is unethical.

We are an Australian Vet Registered company. We have an inhouse Vet. And we are one of the earliest online company in passing the savings to pet owners like Jessica and many others who, amongst the low to mid income earners bracket for nearly a decade. So that they can afford top quality products to care for their pet. It is hurting to read a comment as such. When we took pride in what we do - that is to ensure pet owners are able to provide best care for their pets without compromising their budget.

And Erin, fraud is a strong word. We do not make out to everybody what we are not ie carrying FDA/EPA approved products. And in that instance, we would be attempting a fraudulent act if we do, of which we do not. Our website stated very clearly that we are Australian. In fact even our addresses are Australian. There are plenty of newcomers and old, from all over the world, mislead consumers by posting an US address. We believe we can offer more than just savings as we strive to offer value for money, great service and honesty. We believe majority of our US customer have the heart to tell bunch of bad apples, the truth and lies. Mike Jone has a valid point and entitled to his view like everyone else. If anyone isn't sure, you can always call our customer service that is available to assist with any question. I can assure you he is not bogus, and he is not one of us. That is utterly untrue. With a benefit of a doubt, could you be one of our over-zealous competitor?

VetShopOnline also offers Product Satisfaction Guarantee. That is anyone who is unhappy of what they received will be able to return the products, with a choice of a full refund or an exchange with another products.

• Er
    Erin Feb 27, 2008

Vetshoponline looks like a fraud, smells like a fraud. it must ... I am all for Jessica on this. There is no where on their website that mention the fact that Vetshoponline does not carry non-FDA products. They should have something in bold beside Frontline Plus or whatever they are selling that says Non-FDA. If Vetshop is a legitimate company why not be forth front with their customers.

In addition, I have no idea what any of these folks are talking regarding Merial not doing anything about this. I personally spoken to a representative from Merial regarding Vetshoponline and she stated "This company is a fraud... Merial is exploring legal measures to prevent the illegal importation of non approve medications from Vetshoponline. " Furthermore, Vetshoponline
    should be a shame of themselves for posting phony customer reviews and attacking Jessica for her concerns (ie. Michael Jones). This company does not sound like the type of company I want to deal with.

joe kingdon Feb 05, 2008

Same products you get in the states, and much cheaper. I was very satisfied and am a repeat customer.

• Pe
    Peter Phelps Jan 31, 2008

I love the customer service persons at Vetshoponline.com. They are well trained and more way more mannerly than 1800petmeds.com and totalpetsupply.com I have been satisfied with this company in the last couple times shopping with them, but recently I am having huge problems placing my orders on their website. Most of the time their site is down or I get connection errors from their host provider. As for the products that they are selling at such wonderful prices, all the products are the same as sold in the USA. I would think that if Vetshoponline was selling anything illegal, Merial or any other manufacturer would do more than just replace your flea package. They would shut the company down in a heartbeat. Any person or persons that wishes to discuss this further with me can email me at [email protected] Thank you.

Michael Jones Jan 31, 2008

I like to say that the person who posted this complaint did not ask any question and did not completely understand what the website states and there is also a number for vetshoponline.com that you can simply call and ask one of the customer service representatives if you are not sure or uncertain about anything. A friend of mine told me about this complaint and she did say that she thinks that I should let everyone who looks at this site know that what the complainant states is not true and vetshoponline.com customers don’t have to be aware of anything when purchasing with them within reason.

• Te
    Terry Cooper Jan 31, 2008

I like the customer service people at Vetshoponline. They are better trained and more mild mannered than 1800petmeds.com or CanadaVet. I have been satisfied with this company in the past, but recently I am having huge problems placing my orders on their website. Half of the time their site is down or I get connection errors from their host provider. In terms of the Frontline Plus, its from the same company. I would think that if Vetshoponline was selling anything illegal, Merial would do more than just replace your flea package. They would shut the company down in a second.

• Ke
    Kelly Price Jan 30, 2008

I am a reoccurring customer with vetshoponline.com and I must applaud them on their customer service. The customer service representatives were really nice to me, I also referred a couple of friend to vetshoponline.com and they have told me that they would be shopping with them again because of their GREAT PRICES AND PLEASANT CUSTOMER SERVICE.