Electrolux Canada / frigidaire wall mounted air conditioners

Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, Canada

I bought the said item from Amazon.ca and got 2 years extended warranty when informed that (1) it no longer came with 3 years as was being advertised on Amazon.ca.
I was advised that Electrolux will (2)replace item and, it knew that item was purchased from online retailer when it accepted my (3) money.
After about a year, the airconditioner ceased to work and, spoke to Customer Service who took all info and reassured that they will even (4)replace with a better model.
While still discussing, all of a sudden, she mentions something about Amazon being online and that they will (5)buyback instead at purchase price, no taxes or other cost. This would leave me financially out of pocket to replace a comparable item, pay taxes and delivery if applicable, installation & extended warranty costs.

Today, July 11 2019, I was told that the extended warranty was (6) cancelled in Dec. ( not told of which year)because Amazon was an online and not a local retailer. If true, the Company cancelled without informing me. Is it legal?

Why (7) sell me a warranty product if Company knew was not enforceable ? And, (8) where us my refund?

A year later, I - a senior person, am getting the runaround and, sweltering in high heat in a virtual greenhouse.

Would you like to (8)know what "runaround" looks like?
The company switches to a new specialist from the one who had done the legwork . And, the process gets started all over.

Ol