Frew Group IncLegitimacy of the Company

I received the following email response from the Frew Group Inc. It appears they claim to deal with Online Investments. This raised a flag for me right away. They claim a salary of $2300 per month for 2-3 hours part-time work and as high as $3000. I feel like this is another web scam to get people's hard earned money or for someone to hasve you to provide a bank account number so that the transactions can be processed through your account all awhile they are likely cleaning you out. Is this a legit business or what can you tell me about them? Please let me know as soon as possible. Appreciate your time and assistance.

My name is Judy May and I represent Frew Group Inc.
We have looked through your resume and decided that your skills completely meet
our requirements. So now you have a chance to become a Financial Agent.

Few words about us: A large company with good reputation (we mainly deal with
online investments) is finally expanding and looking for new representatives in
the USA!

At the moment we need independent agents who will represent our company in
regions. Offered position is a part-time one.

You'll work only 2-3 hours/day.

We appreciate the labor of our representatives and pay them properly. Salary
depends on your activity (you will be paid min. $2300/month, but completing all
assigned duties properly you'll increase it up to about $3000).

If you are interested in this offer and would like to learn more about it,
please send the filled form to job.frew.[protected]@gmail.com

********************************FORM************************
Your Full name:_______________
Your Country of residence:_________________
Your Contact phone:__________________
Preferred call time:___________________
********************************FORM************************

• To
    Tony May 28, 2009

I just received the same email. I am also very skeptical about it especially since I can't find anything on the web about them.

• Ag
    Agel May 28, 2009

I also received an email stateing the same and also informing me that they saw my resume on CareerBuilder.com.

• Tr
    troybal May 28, 2009

A friend of mine got the same email.
    He also found their website -> http://www.frew-groupmain.cc/e/index.php?page=r_98

To me it is one of those "too good to be true" jobs.

They are basically stating that "Clients" will transfer money to your account. You are expected to send a Western Union Money gram to "another Client" by 11 am the next day.
    To me, by the time the funds are found to be fraud, you have lost your money.

Oh and FYI, Western Union is all over this world so why would a client not just use Western Union themselves? Specially if they have a bank that they can transfer funds to you? LOL even use the internet for Western Union transfer from your bank to a client.

Don't do it folks!

• stratton May 29, 2009

5/28/09 - I have checked this out pretty well. I have also talked to Judy May, she sounds like a Chinese, or Japanese person. She is hard to get a hold of. She asked me if I was interested and I asked if they had a Federal Tax ID #. To operate in the US you have to have one of those. She said yes, and that she would send it to me by way of email. I haven't seen it yet. I went to my bank (BOA) I have been banking their for more then 10 yrs. I told them about this, they said in order for me to do this I would have to have a business Lic. and their Federal Tax ID #. A regular check or savings wont work, I fact they told me if I got a regular checking or savings and started doing this the FED would start kicking the funds back to Frew. I left Ms. May several messages to contact me again with a legit Fed. Tax ID # and if she did not contact me again that I would report them to the National internet Fraud Website, Or lets make some money.
    I hope this helps. I will post what responses I get tomorrow. (5/29/09)

• stratton May 29, 2009

Also, Judy May told me that I had 2 days to get the start up process going or she would not except me. That sounds like bull.

• Tr
    troybal May 29, 2009

5/29/2009 I also reported them to the US FTC Gov site at

Also please view this video folks for similar frauds committed on people.

Don't deal with Frew Group!

• Gd
    gdavisco May 29, 2009

I also received this email, has anyone checked with the New York Attorney General's office?
    I see a corporate address on the website
    I also received this email which is very similar
    CASE Group is a large international company working with electronic money
    transfers. And we are looking for new employees!

Now we need people to work in various regions. Your job is to receive and
    process payments from our worldwide customers.

You'll have to work on average 8-11 hours a week! Full time job also can be
    offered soon after the probationary period.
    Our employees are well paid: you'll receive 2300 USD+ commission a month during
    test period (30 days) and 3000 USD monthly after it! Please note, that full-time
    employees salary is based on performance reviews and in most cases higher than
    the probationary one.

If you are interested in this offer and would like to learn more, please fill in
    the form below and e-mail to: case.job.[protected]@gmail.com

Our human resources managers will contact you within 2 days.

-------------FORM-FORM-FORM-----------------
    Name: ____________________
    Contact phone: ___________________
    Preferred call time: _____________________
    -------------FORM-FORM-FORM-----------------

We found your resume at www.careerbuilder.com. This letter confirms that your
    resume has been duly processed and your skills completely meet our requirements
    for Financial Manager vacancy.

Hope to hear from you soon,
    Martine Wight
    CASE Group Inc.

Maria Leon May 29, 2009

i have received the same email and not just with this name, there are several "companies" that are claiming the same and the first thing they required is your bank account, what for? why dont they do it with their accounts

• Lo
    lourdes bautista May 30, 2009

On May 29, 2009 I also received en e-mail from Judy May of the Frew Group Inc. Since I have been actively looking for a job myself, I decided to look into this. However, before I could end my search gleaning the info, it suddenly disappeared from my computer! Strange and disappointed for a minute until I decided to look into the company's info and found all these negative comments about it. I wasn't planning on giving any personal information until I was certain of their legitimacy. But even their initial contact letter seemed fraudulent. It was God's will that the message disappeared.

• Va
    vane Jun 01, 2009

I just got htis email today, it seems they changed their name to "CASE group Company"

My name is Martine Wight and I represent CASE Group Company. This letter confirms that your resume (found at careerbuilder.com) has been duly processed and your skills completely meet our requirements for the Financial Manager vacancy. CASE Group Inc. is a world-famous company founded and based in the USA which deals with such financial services as escrow services for buyers and sellers at online auctions around the world. We offer our services both at closed commercial auctions where the number of buyers is not large and at ebay.com, amazon.com, yahoo.com - popular online auctions. Financial Agent position is:- part-time (you can work only 2-3 hours a day (Monday through Friday). - work from home (all communication is online). What do you need? Internet access and e-mail. This position is offered on a trial period (first month) basis. You will receive training and online support while working and being paid.During the probationary period you are getting $2300/month. Also you will be keeping 8% commission from every payment received from the customer and successfully processed. Total income, with the current volume of clients, will be up to $4.5k per month. After first 30 days base salary will be increased up to $3k per month, plus 8% commission! You may ask for additional hours after the trial period or proceed full-time. If you are interested in our offer and would like to learn more about the Financial Agent position, please send the filled form to case.job.[protected]@gmail.com Our representative will contact you within 24 hours. ++++++++FORM++++++++FORM+++++++++++First name:_____________________Last name:___________________________Country of residence:__________________Contact phone:______________________Preferred call time:_______________________++++++++FORM++++++++FORM+++++++++++ We have found your resume at www.careerbuilder.com. This letter confirms that your resume has been duly processed and your skills completely meet our requirements for the Financial Manager vacancy. Best regards.Martine Wight CASE Group Inc.

• Ga
    garek007 Jun 01, 2009

I got the same thing today. Total bs, seems like we've been finding more and more of these scams lately. I've gotten a lot. And what really pisses me off is that they all come from Career Builder. Not only do their job postings suck, but we get this junk mail!

• Ji
    Jim Jun 01, 2009

I also got this letter from Martine Wright today. Yahoo put it in spam and I foolishly read it and it got my hopes up high. I need a job. But I am willing to work in an office for eight hours a day.

If you know of a real one let me know.

thanks,
    Jim

• Pa
    Paul Jun 02, 2009

I got this e-mail (the one from Judy May) and assumed immediately it was a fraud. Out of curiousity I googled Frew Group and found this complaint board. Kudos to all who investigated the legality of this 'business' and who reported it to the appropriate agencies.

Remember, if something sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Paul

• Sb
    sbh Jun 03, 2009

I received the same email, under the CASE name.
    Always remember if it seems to good to be true IT IS!
    Never give any info to someone you do not know.
    It takes time for checks to clear, even if you make a deposit in an account and it shows that the funds or a portion of the funds are available, that does not mean a check is good. I would encourage everyone to talk to their bank to understand this better, talk to a branch manager. There is a difference between funds available and funds that are good.

I have reported this to CareerBuilder. Many companies will indicate that they saw your resume on a legitimate job board because so many people are looking for work-- it is a numbers game. Most people looking for work use a major job board like Career Builder or Monster. Most of the time it is mere coincidence that you receive an email like this AND they actually saw your resume. They likely used a program that gleans email addresses from websites to get to you.

DO NOT FALL FOR THESE even if they offer you a salary or wage. That is just the hook they use.

anne Jun 10, 2009

ANYTHING REQUESTING YOU TO SEND MONEY SOMEWHERE ESPECIALLY AN INTERNATION WIRE IS A SCAM, I AM AN EMPLOYEE OF BANK OF AMERICA DONT EVER GIVE OUT YOUR INFORMATION. I RECEIVED THE EMAIL AS WELL AND IT JUST LOOKS GENERIC.. HOPE THIS HELPS!

SAMusic24 Jun 10, 2009

I just received this email also today and it seemed really odd but I have been getting a lot of stuff like this but would not say from where so I believed it to be true when they said they got it from careerbuilder.com. Even though I know that fraud companies will look at careerbuilder and other websites. But then the bigger hint in this whole thing was when I looked at who it came from. For people reading this always read the to and from, from all your emails. The first is looking at the from. Now yes I know this sounds crazy but if it your real email address in the from then you know it is not from some random computer software that tries to guess email address and you get sent emails that are close to yours. Like if your is [protected]@whatever.com the software can come up with name![protected]@whatever.com and somehow when sent it is going to think it is your email. So that the first hint but the next biggest one was the To. First it came from like a message email website. Where you can put list of emails and do a mass email with on top of the the email that came from this "Judy May" has a gmail account. Which if you are a true company is going to purchase a server or online service and get your own domain and all that and have a @yourcompany.com email. So that was my biggest hint that this was a fraud. I hope this helps people if not I am sorry for wasting your time in reading this. But I do hope it helped. Take care.

Joa Jun 10, 2009

Well, I guess I'm one of the millions who got caught up in this. I opened a checking account with 50 bucks just to see what would happen. I then sent them the information. I waited, and believe it, they "approved" my application. Then, they said to wait 2-3 days for my first "task" to appear, and begin working. Well, guess what, after checking in at 6am EST today, and finding no new messages on their website, I waited 3 hours and checked back to their website, but it was gone!!!. So, within 3 hours their website was taken down. I even tried to email "Judy" and my supposed supervisor, "Jorge", but these emails came back "permanently undeliverable..!!! . Maybe that's the man upstairs looking out for those of us who went through with trying this. I just wish I had been bright enough to google this company first. Thanks to all of you who did the work before getting taken by these people. I have not seen anything try to go through that account I opened either. Maybe they figured that 50 bucks wasn't enough to steel...

• Kona Jun 11, 2009

I have received the Judy May / Frew Group email as well. KEEP COMPLAINING! The powers that be need to know this is happening and the people who are doing this need to know they will NOT GET AWAY WITH IT! I have been looking for a job for 2 years and am sick and tired of these kinds of scams as well as "Internet Marketers" and MLM schemes. There ought to be a law! Oh - that's right - there is - but people need to report it, i.e. complain about it to the right people.

• Ly
    lyneemad Jun 11, 2009

I also received the same email from Judy May and I had received the same email a month before from another
    company by the name of the GFC group for a position and a financial manager because they do transfers with FedEX, DHL and other delivery mail companies. When I told them that my attorney needed to look my contract I did not hear from them any so I knew it was a scam because I don't need to open a checking account for you to do business with another company and I was requesting my payments in a paper check and I told them that I was not going to open an account. I am glad that I knew it was too good to be true especially the pay with no degree attached.

chaz Jun 12, 2009

It is frightening how many scams are out there
    I received the same email, but learned that if there is a scam, there is already a victim & the internet has a record!!

A large international company Frew Group Inc. is expanding and seeking for new employees!

Now we are searching for independent agents who will represent our company in different regions. Job consists of receiving and processing payment orders from our customers.

This is a part-time job and you'll work only 2-3 hours a day. Full-time job can be offered after a trial period.

We pay more than other online organizations! Minimum salary is 2300 USD a month but after the Trial Period your salary will be increased up to 3000 USD/month.

If you want to learn more please email us at job.judy.[protected]@gmail.com
    Our human resource managers will contact you within 2 days.

========FORM*********FORM==========
    Full name: ____________________
    Country: ________________
    Contact phone: __________________
    Call time: ______________________
    ========FORM*********FORM==========

I look forward to hear from you soon!

Yours faithfully,

Joa Jun 12, 2009

I wish that our job resources would find a way to block these scammers. I would think that resources such as careerbuilder.com and monster.com would want to protect job seekers by doing background checks on potential employers prior to allowing them access to view our resumes. Maybe we should go for that rule to be passed. I wouldn't mind if I were an employer.

Mark Jun 17, 2009

Pure money-laundering fraudulent business operating from overseas, masking itself as a US-based entity. There are VOLUMES of these, all taking advantage of the economic realities and desperate situations many unspecting Americans are in. I forwarded my email to the FBI.

• Sh
    Showw Jun 19, 2009

I got the email and accepted their offer, but before i went any further, i decided to check it out.
    I'm in South Africa, their scam has really spread worldwide.
    I'm just really thankful i read this. I'll see if i can get more info out of this Judy woman.

Here's their other web address

Joa Jun 19, 2009

I have created another one that I received earlier this week. See Below...And thanks to all who are keeping this information current..I didn't know how to create a new group for it, so I named it the web address. You guys can fix it in the complaints group if you know how.
    Jo...

http://jobathome.dhs.org Complaints - Possible bogus Financial Manager positions
    Review all http://jobathome.dhs.org complaints
    Posted: 2009-06-16 by Joa

Possible bogus Financial Manager positions

Complaint Rating:
    Company information:
    Job At Home
    Florida
    dhs.org

After being targeted a few weeks earlier by a company wanting to "hire" 'Financial Managers' to work online with people who have access to their online bank accounts, I learned to check them out better. I received this email earlier today:

fromIsabelle Tyler <[protected]@bellsouth.net>
    [protected]@bellsouth.net

to"jo.a.[protected]@gmail.com" <jo.a.[protected]@gmail.com>

dateTue, Jun 16, 2009 at 11:07 AM
    subjectJo Eiceman: new offer
    mailed-bytopresearchjobs.com

To: jo.a.[protected]@gmail.com
    From: Isabelle Tyler

I thought you'd be interested in this page from TopResearchJobs.com

Link:

Comments:
    Good Morning, Jo Eiceman
    We analyzed your resume and see you as a potential candidate of our
    company.
    You may learn about company business activity on our site. We'd like to
    offer you the Financial Manager position.
    You may also hold a position in a different company as our vacancy won't
    occupy a lot of time.

Requirements for the Financial manager position:
    - THE CITIZENSHIP OF THE USA is a must.
    - 2-4 hours of free time per week
    - Over 23 years old
    Financial manager position obligations:
    - Monthly report under performed operations
    - Work efficiency
    - Well-timed encashment of the checks drawn on your name
    Financial manager position payment:
    - every transaction's commission is not less than 10% (out of cashed check
    sum or out of sum entered to your account).
    - the first probation month - $1600 (it'll grow up to $2700 in future)
    Our company undertakes to cover transmission, check clearance and all
    other expenses at its own cost.
    If you agree to work for our company, it is necessary for you to:
    1) To register yourself on the company's site as a Financial Manager. WHEN
    REGISTERING, FILL IN YOUR DATA CORRECTLY.
    2) Follow the instructions indicated on the site in the course ofregistration (fill in the Contract, etc).
    Additionally, you may find all the detailed information on our site.
    TO GET ON OUR SITE, CLICK ON THE LINK AT THE BEGINNING OF LETTER.

I just wondered if anyone else has any way of checking out this company?

• Wh
    WhyYouWannaKnow Jun 19, 2009

I just got this email today. Big time scam. Anything that has to do with money transfers (especially through Western Union) and needing your account number ... expect your money to be gone! If they need money transfered ... thats what accountants at established and trusted institutions (i.e: Bank of America, Wells Fargo, etc.) are for. If anyone falls for this ... I'm sorry ... but they're just dumb!

Marilin1228 Jun 19, 2009

This is a scam!

Dear Marilin,

My name is Judy May and I represent Frew Group Inc. This letter confirms that your resume was carefully processed and you meet our requirements for Financial Manager vacancy.

Our company is based in the USA and well-known all over the world. We offer financial services like escrow for buyers and sellers (online auctions around the globe, offered both on closed commercial auctions (stock sales, business sales etc.) and on ebay.com, amazon.com, yahoo.com…).

Financial Agent is a part-time position with a flexible schedule. You would have to work 2-3 hours on average a day (Monday- Friday)! Communicate with clients via Internet and by the phone!

Company covers all the fees related to this employment. Successful applicants are offered a trial period (1 month). During this time you will be trained, receive online support while working and being paid.

We'll pay $2, 300 per month + 8% commission from each successfully completed transaction. Total income is about $4, 500 per month

If you are interested, please contact us by e-mail: f.r.e.w.judy.[protected]@gmail.com

and feel free to ask any questions that you might have!

* fill in the form below and attach to your message

First name:_____________________________

Last name:_________________________

Country of residence:_______________________

Contact phone:_______________

Preferred call time:______________

++++++++++++++++++++++++FORM+++++++++++++++++++++++++

We found your resume at www.careerbuilder.com. This letter confirms that your resume has been duly processed and your skills completely meet our requirements for Financial Manager vacancy.

Yours truly,

• Bi
    bigbootybex Jun 20, 2009

I just wanted to add to all these comments what I did. Luckily before I gave them any information I tried to google them and found this site. Out of curiosity I went to the website in the 2nd email Judy May sent me, which was supposed to be "employee registration." On the first page or "step" it asks you which country you are in, but it is automatically defaulted to US. Well I changed it to Canada, then China, then Mexico, India and then Japan to see if they actually worked with anyone else. Especially since one of the posts I read on here said something about "Judy May" having a Chinese/Japanese accent. Well I got an error saying verbatim "Unforntunately we are currently not working with this country sorry. :( " Seriously now, what company that is soooo big doesn't work with at least one other country? Hmmmm...?

• Je
    Jessiebee Jun 20, 2009

HeRe IS WHat I GOT!! =/ this is the first site i got when i google'd Frew Group Inc. thank God i did..

My name is Judy May and I represent Frew Group Company.

Frew Group Inc. is a world-famous company founded and based in the USA which deals with such financial services as escrow services for buyers and sellers at online auctions around the world. We offer our services both at closed commercial auctions where the number of buyers is not large and at ebay.com, amazon.com, yahoo.com - popular online auctions.

Financial Agent position is:
    - part-time (you can work only 2-3 hours a day (Monday through Friday).
    - work from home (all communication is online).

What do you need? Internet access and e-mail.

You may ask for additional hours after the trial period or proceed full-time.

If you are interested in our offer and would like to learn more about the Financial Agent position, please send the filled form to f.r.e.w.judy.[protected]@gmail.com

Our representative will contact you within 24 hours.

++++++++FORM++++++++FORM+++++++++++
    ++++++++FORM++++++++FORM+++++++++++

Best regards.

Frew Group Inc.

saharxq Jun 22, 2009

i received same email. how i guessed its a fake, because i have nt any expertise of mine in "finance" neither i have showed any interest regarding finance-field. i search for the FREW group Inc on google n found this complaint form.

sahar

• Tx
    txblondi64 Jun 22, 2009

I just received one also. My father always told me "if it walks like a duck, looks like a duck, it probably is a duck". Scam Scam Scam. Beware!

• Tx
    txblondi64 Jun 22, 2009

I have also found that most of the emails that come from "gmail" are scams. I would not respond to any of them. These people are getting very creative in stealing your identity.

• Mo
    Mohamedibrahem Jun 25, 2009

I recieved the same mail today
    and I am not sure what to do???

and feel free to ask any questions that you might have!

* fill in the form below and attach to your message

First name:_____________________________
    Last name:_________________________
    Country of residence:_______________________
    Contact phone:_______________
    Preferred call time:______________
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++FORM+++++++++++++++++++++++++

We found your resume at www.hotjobs.com. This letter confirms that your resume has been duly processed and your skills completely meet our requirements for Financial Manager vacancy.

Yours truly,

Frew Group Inc.

• Ni
    Nimisha Jun 25, 2009

I am really happy to know that we have in USA complaintboard where we can post these complaints.
    I also received a letter from Judy May from Frew Co. Since I am lookin for job, I was excited. But then the salary looked too good to be true for 2-3 hours of work. Threfore, I started looking into the net and noticed that I am not the only one who gets such thing. Don't you think we should complain to Attorny general for such frauds. Another thing doesn't Career builder has any responsibility to scan illegitimate companies?

annoyed w/SPAM Jun 25, 2009

I received the Judy May, Frew Group version of this email. It seems to me that a company would be more efficient hiring a small group of trusted people full-time to process these payments on a company account and just add each employee as a signatory on the company acct. I don't see an advantage to having a large unsupervised part-time workforce laundering foreign money through personal bank accounts.

• Ai
    Aimee79 Jun 29, 2009

I just received a similar email, but no one had asked for my bank account. If anyone asks for your checking account info or your federal ID/SS #, don't fall for it. It's a trick to clean out your bank account. I did reply to the email asking how I can prove if they are legit.

BTW, I know for sure that this is a scam. How do I know? Each time we reply to an email, it's telling whoever is sending the email that the email address is valid, and in return, you get more SPAMS. Shortly after sending a reply to Judy May, I received a similar email from Dove Group, Inc. It's asking the same question Frew Group, Inc. asked.

During economic hardships, scammers are out in droves, so we really have to be careful.

Here is another website that tells you about internet scams:

I'm about to post the two scams I just posted above.

• Sw
    swatkins Jun 29, 2009

I also received the email from Judy May. There is no way this is legit are possible. She claimed to have found my resume on yahoojobs. As soon as I did not respond to the email, I recieved another email from Chelsea, from (dove group inc.) The funny thing is it is the exact same email and form to fill out. Same hours and everything. Beware I deff. don' tthink this is something anyone should do.

• Bu
    )Butterfly( Jul 01, 2009

I recieved the same mail. Actually, I don't even think about it since the "online investment" job (sounds like just a fraud), no foraml "interview appointment" (a big and dependable company would have a formal one), and working just 2~3 hours then you can earn $3000 a month? There's no free lunch!! Last but not least, I definitely don't believe the job out of nowhere.

• Le
    legaldefense222 Jul 05, 2009

I just got this same email. They are full of bull. There is no way to do this legally. They got my resume off of ladders.com and I am an Attorney!! Don't fall for this scam.

• Br
    BradyMichael2008 Jul 10, 2009

Has anyone actually gone through with this and actually done the job? How do you know it is not legit if you have not actually tried it?

• Sh
    Sharbear77 Jul 24, 2009

Check out the complaint on Poland real Estate, it might look familar. New name, new e-mail same scam.