FreeDownloadZoneCant cancel membership

J

Go to www.HelpMeDownload.com , this is a web that serve various internet vendors including Freedownloadzone.com. You can cancell your membership thru them or call for a refund. Telephone numbers are provided thru this site or you can view your order detail or receipt. All you need to do is provide them with your email add you used to login to Freedownloadzone.com, or your Order ID, or the last four digits of the credit card you used to pay Freedownloadzone.com. If ever you will be refunded expect however to be poorer by $9.95 ,the processing fee Freedownloadzone imposed. Now that's not free!! I think thats greed...scoofing millions in the guise of a fee.

More FreeDownloadZone Complaints & Reviews

• Su
    Sue May 30, 2007

I did not intend to sign up to freedownloadzone but somehow I did how do I get them to stop charging my account.

• Pe
    Peter Tinney Nov 01, 2007

I believe that the Free download zone provided a gateway of which I was not aware, when I went online to download AVG free online protection from spyware and viruses. The monthly charge of US$9.95 ($A11.38) was an add-on. Surely this kind of behaviour is not allowed. It seems to be a fraudulent practice (scam) for which no product or benefit is gained.

• We
    werner fichtner Nov 14, 2007

I went online to download the avg free service which has been recommended to me, and in the process was enticed by your service to pay for something in which I had no idea I was paying for. I wanted a once off payment to use the anti virus software and now a sum of money is being taken from my credit card without my approval, and I need this reversed immediately as I have no need for the service I am paying for and never have. Please tell me how I can reverse this asap or I will have to approach the bank to stop this service.

John Mott Nov 27, 2007

I don't need to download of your software no more as need to stop paying on my account every month as which I never used it no more as please can you cancel of my account as soon as possible...
    Please mail back to me as soon as possible...

Regards John Mott.

• Be
    Betty B. Grube Jan 09, 2008

The same thing happened to me. I never did get the free download of AVG and I was finally able to buy a subscription. Freedownloadzone.com charged my credit card over $80.00 for things I never signed up for. I called them and was told they would refund me on the next credit card statement but would have to charge me $9.88 for the trouble.

I was having trouble at the time with my clock as it had a wrong date and I could not reach Grisoft to BUY AVG. When I changed to the correct time I was able to subscribe. So I never got a freedownload at all.

Antis Van Vuuren Jan 22, 2008

I request you immediatly cancell my membership. I have been debited for something I do not use. I never used your product and on numberous occassion requested to cancel. I made a mistake in downloading the site and paying memebership. I have instructed my bankers to return all debits in future. Please take note and act immediatly. I think this is nothing else but a internet money making thing. AS a matter of fact I think I should be refunded all monies that you have debited to my credit card. My order number is 1966020610040008405006
    Thanking you
    Mrs. A Van Vuuren

Antis Van Vuuren Jan 22, 2008

I have tried on several occassions to cancel my memebership and have no joy. Once again my credit card was debited on the 3rd January. Please stop this and cancel my membership. Actually I should get a refund on all the funds debited to my credit card. I have never used your products.

Antis Van Vuuren Jan 22, 2008

If the complaint division cannot cancel my memebership, please advise me by email who do I contact to get this done. This is everything but a user friendly site

• Vi
    Virgil Hardy Feb 01, 2008

I have tried with no results to get this account canceled
    as I do not use it any more and have not for some time.

Yours truly
    Virgil Hardy

mateo caspe Feb 26, 2008

I am very disappointed with your services, which i did not gained benefit and so disgusting that you keep on charging me monthly for nothing..PLEASE CANCELL MY ACCOUNT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE..I need your immediate action and reply through my email...

• Ba
    Barry James Sellwood-brown Feb 27, 2008

Tried to phone and e-mail to no result. Now going to bank and if i have to i will cancel my card.These robing barstards arent having any more of my money. Is there any system in place yet to sue these people and get the moneys back.

• Al
    Alan Johnson Mar 07, 2008

I have read the comments re freedownloadzone and have just returned to work after cancelling my current debit card with the bank. This seems to be the best answer. I am also filing a fraud complaint which the bank will investigate with a view to reclaiming any payments.

• Al
    Alan Johnson Mar 07, 2008

I have just cancelled my debit card with the bank. I am also filing a fraud complaint.

Helen Barnett Mar 09, 2008

I got their service thinking I was getting I-tunes, I have not bin
    successful in getting intact with them.

Martin Weyhaupt Mar 11, 2008

It seems I am not alone.I to expected to get services towards itunes and I also was charged for something I did not want and I too have tried to get in touch with these con artists by e-mail,phone and letter to an adress in Jersey and all to no avail.I have cancelled my card and am also going down the fraud line against these robbers.One phone number I tried was a private house number and the lady said your the third today!!!! Its almost comforting to know your not the only one.

• Je
    jeffrey marcil Apr 20, 2008

same thing happened to me with AVG...also told it would be the full version of AVG not the free, confused and paid 69 dollars and I believe a 9.95 charge also this is not right ...what do I do? I want a refund and cancell my acccount

• Je
    jeffrey marcil Apr 20, 2008

i want my money refunded... or I too will report you

• Cy
    cynthia repplier Jan 28, 2009

This offered (for a slight fee) free downloads to many sites.
    IT DID NOT HAPPEN! There was no down load that
    worked. My credit card was billed. I've been had! The
    HELP section was unavailable. No further communicaton
    was available!

helpmedownload.com Jun 24, 2009

Hello Cynthia,

I am a customer service representative of helpmedownload. I 've read this complaint and we support this website www.freedownloadzone.com. If you have questions about the services that we have you can call us anytime.

I do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you but do not worry I can assure you that we can help you out reagarding this matter.

You can reach us anytime. I have provided toll free numbers below.

AU Phone Support [protected]

Web-chat is now available! You can visit the website: www.onlinechat.helpmedownload.com for online chat support. Or you can send an email to [protected]@helpmedownload.com

helpmedownload.com Jun 28, 2009

Hi Nonnie and Cynthia

I do understand your confusion about this. We are not selling any product from our website. You are paying for the access on the website and the technical assistance that we provide over these programs.

I am encouraging you to call us to discuss this matter

Thank you for your time.

helpmedownload.com Jul 22, 2009

Hello Customers,

I am a customer service representative of helpmedownload.com. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and for your negative experience. Regarding this, we are more than happy to resolve your issue either via web chat below, or email, or calling our toll free number.

Joey1991 Sep 18, 2009

I am extremely anoyed with this site!
    I stumbled across a different one, other than FreeDownloadZone for you all to be aware of!
    It is called FastDownloadZone.com. It seems to do exactly the same as FreeDownloadZone, and i have just been scammed due to it. I will be contacting my bank about this ASAP, and cancelling all payments from coming out of my account. Other than that, I have no idea what to do. I have tried contacting this support site about it, to no avail.
    I really have no idea what to do...
    And im now bricking it because i got scammed.
    Great life i have!

help_me_download Feb 17, 2010

Hello,

I am a customer service representative of HelpMeDownload.Com. Please call us at this number to settle all these issues.

help_me_download Feb 17, 2010

Hello customers,

I am a customer service representative of HelpMeDownload.Com. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and for your negative experience. Regarding the charges that you got, we will be more than happy to resolve the issue either via web chat below, or email, or calling our toll free number.

AU Phone Support [protected]

Web-chat is now available! You can visit

• Xo
    xoxokryssie Nov 08, 2010

I had the same problems with them. I had to cancel my debit card that it was taking the money out from and call my bank to file a claim against them. They took over $40.00 from me, an although that's mot much they probably WOULD HAVE kept taking. So my suggestion is to call your banks and order new credit or debit cards. I did that and my bank said that I would have to fill out these papers to file a claim and everything, however, before I even got the papers in the mail my money was credited back to my account from my bank. They must have known this site is fraudulent and is doing illegal things. I know getting a new card is kind of a hassle but hopefully you'll get your money back and they will definitely stop charging you!

• Sy
    Sydlit Nov 25, 2010

I check my bank accounts several times a day and found a charge to my debit card from FREEDOWNLOADZONE.COM. It was for $9.97 and I never heard of this company, in fact, I had to go to this site to see what it was. Never heard of them so how is it I was charged for their services? Also, I'm concerned that this time it's $9.97, but how much will they 'take' next time? I sent an email to them but may have to change debit cards, again! The only thing I've done differently in the last few days was join a singles online site. Perhaps they are selling credit/debit card info. Has anyone else had charges from FREEDOWNLOADZONE ?

• Ar
    Arlene F. Lampkin Dec 16, 2010

I check my bank accounts several times a day and found a charge to my debit card from FREEDOWNLOADZONE.COM. It was for $9.97 and I never heard of this company, in fact, I had to go to this site to see what it was. Never heard of them so how is it I was charged for their services? Also, I'm concerned that this time it's $9.97, but how much will they 'take' next time? I sent an email to them but may have to change debit cards, again! Has anyone else had charges from FREEDOWNLOADZONE ?

• Me
    meimjesse Jan 11, 2011

I Just got one yesterday for 9.97.. What did you end up doing?

help_me_download Apr 16, 2011

Hello Meimjesse,

I am a customer service representative of HelpMeDownload.Com. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Regarding the charges that you got, we will be more than happy to resolve the issue either via web chat below, or email, or calling our toll free number.

Support Helpmedownload
    Canada Phone Support [protected]
    Other Phone Support [protected]
    Web-chat is now available!

Our Operations is available between 8AM to 8PM EST

• Wi
    William P. Wilson May 17, 2011

The name of the service is "freedownloadzone" but the service promptly set up to charge me $9.97 per month. I have not used the service. I see no need to continue it and want it discontinued. I will be angry if the service tries to charge me for the discontinuance. I have read that some "services" do that. or try to.

• St
    Stephen White May 31, 2011

I recently recieved a "Rebill" notice via email, that I would be continually charged a monthly fee, which I do not want. On the email, they included a likn to cancel the subscription...When I tried to cancel, I was dirested to a Link, with a "Broken" message...I didn't want this to begin with and now I can't get out...FRAUD!!!

• Do
    Douglas Donaldson Jan 17, 2013

I AGREE!! "Free"DownloadZone.com are a bunch of rascally weasels. I am in the process of contesting the charges to my card. ($20.00) in two days. Their web site mentions chat support is available 24/7, yet their forum is impossible to access. Their operators are in on the gig as well.