Free Gass - Gasoline RedemptionSCAM

R

After doing everything we were ask to do including paying $5.00 to receive $125.00 in free gas - buying all our gas from Phillips 66 - mailing in forms with receipts each month - waiting months and months and receiving nothing in return - calling many times to be put on hold - we finally received in the mail a form that said "Recipts were not from same band of gas" refund refused - our receipts were attached and ALL FROM THE SAME PHILLIPS 66 GAS STATION. This is a SCAM - DO NOT SEND IN YOUR $5.00.

• Pa
    Paperprophet Nov 22, 2008

As I posted on a different site, my father got sucked into Freebeegas.com before they changed their name to GasolineRedemption.com. It looks like they rip off as many people as they can, change their name and then start all over again.

GasolineRedemption.com (as they were previously FreeBeeGas.com) has an unsatisfactory record with the Florida Better Business Bureau. They take your $5, send e-mails saying they've received your gas receipts when you send them in but that's all they do. Apparently they go for several months explaining to customers that they're merely behind and then change their name to start fresh with new customers. I don't know if they also get money from car dealerships or not.

Definitely avoid GasolineRedemption.com

• Yo
    yolanda Dec 02, 2008

I got a key in the mail from a car dealership, They said i had won 75.00 in free gas. All i had two do was mail in 100.00 in gas receipts for each month. Sept. Oct. Nov. I'm still waiting for my first 25.00 gas card. I don't understand why people would play such a game with people when times or so hard. This is my first time ever two win anything. but you quess it i still have not won...

Nothing Is Ever Free..
    ------------------------------------

• Fl
    Flo Dec 08, 2008

I received a certificate for $250 in free gas from this same company in exchange for attending a seminar selling real estate and grant materials. I followed the instructions provided: to purchase $100.00 in gasoline each month at the gas station that was chosen. I received an email confirmation that my September receipt was received on 9/16/08, my October receipt was received on 10/22/08 & my November receipt was received on 11/19/08.

When I didn't receive the card for the September receipt timely, I started calling & sending emails. When I called, I had to leave a message & did not receive a response. I did receive a reply to an email sent by me from Kristina on 10/23/08 stating that there was a delay & to be patient. When subsequent emails were reported as undeliverable, I searched for a possible scam & found this site. I checked the BBB and found there were hundreds of complaints filed so was sure it was a scam. Before sending in my December receipt & wasting more money in postage, I tried calling again - this time I called early in the morning & got a live person, August, who promised me she would send the September card immediately. That was 12/2 & I received the card on 12/7. I don't know if I would ever have received a card if I hadn't talked to August so I plan to call in a couple of weeks if I don't receive the October card by then. My suggestion to anyone waiting for a gas card is to call the number as early as possible - do not leave a message & do not waste time sending an email.

jaber Dec 17, 2008

I am having the same problem with gasolineredemption.com. First I was told that they were simply behind on sending out gift cards; then I was told that they normally don't get behind and they agreed that my account was past due and that they would resolve the matter immediately; today I was told that they changed software and had moved but I should get my gift cards by December31st.
    Today I filed a complaint with BBB. I will at least get my $5 back!

• Ro
    Rose Dec 25, 2008

GasolineRedemption.com has also scammed me. They taken my $5. and enrolled me into a discount program of traveling, motel rates at all discounted. They told me of alot of other discounts I would recieve, on appliances. They would take $9.99 out of my account every month. I told the women I couldn't afford it, I'm on a limited income and having a hard time making it. She told me if I paid the $5., I would get 2 vouchers of $50. (I did), but they are no good. She told me to call up and cancel the membership within 2 weeks, and I would get the gas FREE anyway, her name was Tiffney Miles, very kind girl. I promissed myself I wouldn't get scammed and it looks like I did. This young girl scammed this old lady. They have my account number now and I have to watch for that amount to be taken out of my account. If they do, I'll have the bank take care of it. We have a TV station that likes these sort of stories. Maybe I'll let them know so no one else can get scammed like stupid me. I told her it was to good to be true, she assured me "It's not a scam". BULL.

• Wi
    william711 Dec 26, 2008

The case file cited below relates to a civil -- not a criminal -- investigation. The existence of an investigation does not constitute proof of any violation of law.

Case Number: L08-3-1160

Subject of investigation:
    Tidewater Marketing Global Consultants, Inc. d/b/a FreeGasRedemption.com and FreeBeeGas.com

Subject's address:
    2189 Cleveland Street Suite 257B Clearwater, FL 33765

Subject's business:
    Advertising, Promotions, Online Business

Allegation or issue being investigated:
    Unfair business practices associated with the promotion, redemption, use and administration of free gasoline vouchers, certificates and offers.

AG unit handling case:
    Economic Crimes Division in Tampa, Florida

View contact information for Tampa.

• Ad
    adzd Jan 14, 2009

I am also being scammed by "Gasolineredemption.com". Had I not been offered this program by what I though was a reputable car dealership...

OC Nissan Irvine
    30 Auto Center Dr.
    Irvine, Ca. 92618
    [protected]

...I would have never signed up. The advertisement they sent me stated... "Spend at least $150 or more in our service department and you will receive a $250 gas voucher.

First of all, the term "voucher" in singular form lead me to believe it would be a one time event. I only found out it would take 10 months of my time after I spent the $150. A quick search on the Web has opened my eyes to the fact that it's a scam. At least I won't waste anymore time saving receipts.

I am going to demand the $250 from Nissan since their name was on the advertisement. It's probably not worth the bad publicity to them, especially in an economic downturn. If that doesn't net a result I will send a letter to Nissan Corp. and cc my local Better Business Bureau. I would suggest the same to anyone else being given this offer through a reputable company.

I'll post again to this site when I get an answer.

• Su
    Sue Jan 15, 2009

I received a $250 free gas certificate from a I sent in $100 receipts for the past 4 months (Sept '08-Dec '08) and have not received a single $25 gas card. I called them about 3 months ago and the woman explained the program in more detail answering my questions. I called them a few days ago and the phone just rang and rang. I called this morning and got the message "all circuits are busy." This is a SCAM. Do NOT paypal them the $5. I will be making a complaint to the BBB today.

• Tj
    TJT Jan 27, 2009

I received an email response after not getting any of my cards in the mail that read...

Dear Valued Customer,

We have incurred a complete sequel server database crash; we are aggressively working just as fast as possible to get the newest system functioning properly to better service your account.

These issues were unavoidable and unintentional. We have completed the new database software and are in the process of switching the new and the old. During this time you may experience telecommunication issues with our firm, as well as internet. We are currently creating a list of all cards due, which will be shipped between now and mid-January 2009. I understand this is a frustrating situation. You have all rights to be upset. However, keep sending in your receipts - our top priority is your satisfaction and assurance that you will receive everything owed to you.

Sincerely,

Judy
    Gasoline Redemption

• Li
    liz Feb 01, 2009

I received $250 gas voucher for staying at a resort in Gatlinburg over the summer this voucher was given as an incentive to encourage business the rental companies were suffering because of the expensive gas. I have sent $100 worth of gas receipts from the same gasoline supplier for the past 7 months. I received emails the first 3 months telling me they had received the receipts and would be sending a gift card. So far I have received only 1 gift card for $25.00 and continue to send receipts. I have not been able to contact the company by phone or email. I did pay the $5.00 fee inorder to receive the gift cards. I would be interested in finding out how the merchants who offered these incentives are reacting to this scam. I have kept copies of each monthly correspondence with this freebiegas company

• Oh
    ohio Feb 04, 2009

GasolinRedemption.com- I received $250 gas voucher from GasolineRedepmtion for attending seminar here in Columbus, Ohio last summer and I have sent $100 worth of gas receipts from the same gasoline supplier for the past 5 months after registering at their website and payed $5 fee in order to receive the gift cards. I received emails the first 4 months telling me they had received the receipts and would be sending a gift card. So far I have NOT received any gift card and started to wonder if I have been scammed. I have not been able to contact the company by phone or email so i decided to goggle gasolineredemption and found this complains. I would be interested in finding out how the merchants who offered these incentives are aware of this scam.

• Br
    brian Feb 06, 2009

don't believe anything they tell you - I've been trying to get cards since sept and each time I call they tell me some different excuse. I tried calling today and the numbers are now disconnected. I have filed a complaint with our ATTY Generals office, but doubt much will come of it.

not free gas Feb 09, 2009

I got certificates in July. After meeting requirements for first two months, I complained to local Dodge dealer (Kernersville Dodge in NC) who had promotion. By close of business that day, I had a return call from GasolineRedemption.com [protected] ext 44, Steve) and was told two gift cards in mail that day. Received them within week, around 11.21.08. Now waiting for last two cards. Were to be sent by Jan 12. Called and asked for update. Told server crashed and all cards to be out in one week. Called on 1/28/09 for update and told outside company hired to fulfill backlog and all cards to be mailed by 1.31.09. Still no cards, and now toll free number is not in service. Website says toll free number down with apology.

I have called Dodge dealer again with request for help again. No reply as of now. I am starting to lose hope...

• Fr
    frances Feb 10, 2009

yes they said i would get free gas to up to 300 dollars worth i sent in 100 in gas rec an have not got nothing yet an i have a lot of health prombles i went threw cancer in 2003 so i really need the gas for doctors has any one got there cards yet my phone number is [protected] are e-mail is [protected]@yahoo .com

angry customer Feb 12, 2009

THEY NEED TO SHUT THE DOORS to GASOLINE REDEMPTION! This has got to be one of the biggest scams. I am surprised that someone hasn't closed this business down. It does not make any sense that customers have to hound them to get results. I filed a complaint with the BBB in West Florida. I suggest that you do the same. Maybe the word will get out and they will close this place down.

angry customer Feb 12, 2009

Try to call [protected] and see what you get???!!?? The number is now invalid!

Charlie Feb 12, 2009

I received a call in Jan that my cards for Sept, Oct and Nov. would be mail the first week in Feb. I tried calling the number they gave me and the extention and was told it was an invalid number. I have a persons name but alot that would do.
    I have reach them before only to be told that they did not receive the $25.00 gift cards in as yet and would forward them as soon asthey came in. I have submited eveything they ask and received confirmation to the fact. I have written letters to the president with no reply. I guess we are all in the same boat except mine was the fact of going to see a time share and you would receive the Free Gass Certificate. What a scam. And nobody want to help.

• Ti
    TICKED Feb 12, 2009

I have the SAME issue. Looks like this thread was started a bit after I signed up. It was through Travel Advantage Network. Send in the $5 and the vouchers... well I've been waiting as well. My first complaint was about not even receciving the receipts and on Sept 1, 08 I received an email from

Shawn
    Customer Service:
    [protected]
    Hours of operation:
    Monday - Friday
    10 A.M. - 6 P.M.

Finally Jan 2, 09 I sent an email inquiring on my status since I have yet to receive anything in over 70 days. Jan 7, I received the following email

Dear Valued Customer,

Sincerely,

Heather
    Gasoline Redemption

Since then I have sent 5 emails and numerous calls. Emails are failing and their phone number continues to give me a fast / busy signal. And yes, "Angry Customer" the number is invalid. I am going to call Travel Advantage Network and DEMAND at least that $5 back. And I will be reporting this so called gas redemption company to the BBB.

Thanks all... I have NOT lost my mind!

• Cc
    cck Feb 22, 2009

I am just getting started on my redemption program. Sent in my first voucher with 102. in gas purchases on Jan.3, 2009. I have heard nothing back from the company. Based on what I am reading, it looks like I wasted my time. I received my entitlement through a Dodge dealership.

cck

• Mm
    mmichigan Feb 23, 2009

I began my gasredemption.com journey in October 2008. I have yet to receive $25 gas card. I have e-mailed and received the above information about a server database crash and would receive my gift by the end of January. I just called the [protected] number and it said that it no longer exists. Went on the gasredemption.com website and there is a 404 error. I guess we were all taken!

• Ak
    AKF Feb 24, 2009

Big time scam. It did not cost me any money but I had to sit through a very boring speech on clean water. I am so happy I did not buy the system. I have sent in three vouchers so far and of course I have heard nothing from GasolineRedemption.com. My question is: why are supposedly reputably bussiness doing bussiness with them? It sure puts a black mark on THEIR face.

• Ge
    George and Pat Feb 24, 2009

We also received info on $300 free gas cards from a travel agency (vacations). We changed to one of their required gas stations, sent in our receipts with each month's voucher, and waited patiently. Now not so patient...emailed [protected]@gasredemption.com several times, received apologetic emails saying they were just a little behind, then their server crashed and even larger gas redemption companies had the problem, and please be patient. As of yesterday, emails are undeliverable, the phone number given on their website is turned off. As of today, cannot even get into their website. Out my initial $5, plus extra on every gallon of gas since we are using a more expensive station. Figured it would even out in the end with the "free" gas. NOT! ...George and Pat

Janesa Feb 24, 2009

same thing here since Nov 08 mine was through National roadside assurance. they say they can't do anything becuase they have telemarketing companies that actually do the offers and they have no control over them. Told National Roadside looks very bad on them

• Ni
    Nick Feb 24, 2009

FYI:
    Florida Sues Gas Redemption Coupon Promoters

Just found this info, too bad I didn't know this $5 and 3 months ago.

Hope this helps you all. Call the number listed in the article:

Consumers with complaints about this company should call the Attorney General’s fraud hotline at [protected] or may file a complaint online at http://myfloridalegal.com.

Maybe the lawsuit will bring about some restitution!

• Bg
    bghol Feb 24, 2009

I think it is sad, it's hard to find honest people any more. I hope that someone will be able to hold them accountable. I have a voucher to redeem also but after reading the many complaints and after trying, without success, to go to their website. I'm not going to waist my time.

• Pn
    pnp Feb 25, 2009

I believe it is a SCAM and a BIG ONE. They own me $100 gift certificate (4x25 dollars) and I sent them already $ 300 receipts from the same gas station every month. And when I tried to get in touch with them…..there was no way to talk to them or send an e-mail that I would get a reply.

I wonder the authorities know about how dishonest corrupt business they do ….or did?

• Do
    Donna Lee Beaupre Feb 27, 2009

We also started in Oct. of 2008 - paid the $5.00 - guess we just got scammed. sure wish I would have googled this outfit before we got involved. SCAM! I'm waiting for the dealership to call me back so I can tell them what a bad deal this is and I certainly hope they quit doing this. I don't know if there was anything in it for them, but you can bet your boots I am going to ask. The [protected] number they tell you to call vs the 800 that is unabailable is a non working number. No e-mails go thru and they have the balls to leave their web site up??

Disgusted in Duluth, MN

• De
    Debi Mar 02, 2009

I too have fallen for this scam. After buying a used car I paid the $5.00 fee and saved and sent in my receipts for five months. When I didn't receive anything I would call and was told that thier system had crashed and they would be sending my $25.00 cards within the next two weeks. After two weeks and another call was told the same thing. Now I cannot even get a hold of anyone.

Debi who is
    Angry in Allentown

• Tr
    Trish Mar 02, 2009

Nick: Thank you for posting the link to the notice published on the Florida Attorney General's website. I just filed my complaint. I have experienced the same misfortune as everyone else on this string. Let's hope we can bring justice to this.

• Ws
    wshinguwell Mar 03, 2009

Has anyone looked into the legal ramifications of this???

• Ws
    wshinguwell Mar 03, 2009

anyonew taken legal action yet?

• Lu
    Luystem Mar 07, 2009

WOW, I'm surprised at myself! I usually distrust these kinds of things and "google" it! But I admit, getting this voucher for $450.00 in FREE GAS from a reputable car dealer, I fell for it.

I sent my Dec. receipts on 12/21/08, and got an email the end of January, but of course no voucher to date. When I called the number, out of service! I went to the website and there is another phone number, but that is NOT working either!

So I "googled" it...and I found this forum. This is ridiculous, but I'm one more complaint for the Florida BBB!

• Ro
    robins1co Mar 08, 2009

We got our vouchers as the result of a timeshare visit. Fortunately we didn't pay anything for it (other than a miserable three hour presentation). We received nothing in response to our receipts for the first month. We just had the second month's receipts returned as undeliverable by the postal service. I just tried their toll-free and direct numbers, both are disconnected. I would like to think the businesses promoting these were scammed too, but maybe they knew about it all along.

• Jk
    J. Keith Winfree Mar 09, 2009

Well it looks like this "business" has packed up and hit the road so don't expect to ever get anything back from them if you haven't already. A local car dealer was offering $250 in free gas last year to suck customers in. My sister went, being on hard times. The free "gas" turned out to be a $250 vouicher for GasolineRedemption.com for $25 per month for 10 months for each of those months you purchase $100 worth of gas. Being on hard times, my sister wasn't using $100 worth of gas a month so I took over her voucher for her. Went online and registered (didn't cost anything, I assume the dealership paid the $5 for the voucher) got my coupons that started in December. Sent in December's, January's, and February's never hearing anything from them. Today (March 9, 2009) my February envelope was returned with a yellow sticker on it: "RETURN TO SENDER REFUSED UNABLE TO FORWARD" I double checked and the address is correct on the envelope so it looks like they're on the run. Wish I lived in Largo FL. I'd be down there with my .45.

• Er
    ericad Mar 10, 2009

Hey--Me too. Sent in the February receipts (got the promotion from a vacation club seminar). Post office returned it marked: Return to Sender: Undeliverable: Cannot Forward. The 800 number is out of order, the current website gives a 727 number which gives a rapid busy signal or disconnected message. I did NOT pay $5 so I"m only out my time and stamp. I hope someone reads these BEFORE being offered the deal from a "reputable company" so they can ask the offerer point-blank: "do you know this is a complete scam"? I'm throwing away the March receipts right now as I do write this...

• Fr
    fred Mar 11, 2009

fred
    I began sending in my reciepts for gasoline in dec. '08, jan. '09 and feb. 'o9 as of this date I haven't heard from anyone, this must be a rip-off and should be investergated.

• Re
    Reagan Martin Mar 17, 2009

I too recieved a gas incentive certificate, signed up and mailed in my receipts in August of 2008. I recieved e-mail notices that they received my receipts and I would be getting my gas coupons soon. I never received anything. I just had time to check and see it's a scam. I call and the number is always busy. I got the certificate from an oil change I'm going to call them too.

• Da
    dave Mar 17, 2009

So, are any of us going to get compensated for our time and money spent?

• Sc
    scammed too Mar 17, 2009

I too have been scammed! I have filed a complaint with the Florida Attorney General and suggest you do the same.

Enough complaints and they may put them out of business. You can file a complaint online: http://myfloridalegal.com/Contact.nsf/Contact?OpenForm&Section=Economic_Crimes
    You know the drill. If the link doesn't work copy and paste.
    Let's go after those *@%#!^*>s.

• Sc
    scammed too Mar 17, 2009

After further investigation I found the following on the Florida Attorney General's website:
    http://myfloridalegal.com/__852562220065EE67.nsf/0/0351D7EC68E846FD8525755C006DF2BF?Open&Highlight=0, crystal, clark

Looks like Casoline Redemption has been shut down. I suggest you still file a complaint just in case there is any restitution made.