F.R.C.Ripoff postcard!

L

I just received a yellow postcard, saying to call them. It says. "Dear [my name] We are trying to reach you with Good News! It is really important that you call us. Call Toll Free [their number and then a CONTROL #] Thanks Michelle Barbaa Call 10 am to 8:30 pm EST. Monday thru Friday"

Now, I did not call. I looked it up and my suspicions that it was a scam were confirmed. I am very peeved and do not know how they got my name.

• Je
    Jennifer Feb 21, 2008

I just got the yellow postcard today & it was addressed to me using the exact (rather different) listing my new credit is under: my first, middle, maiden & (new) last name. Call your credit card company & ask that they not release your contact information.

• Le
    LEO Mar 27, 2008

100 % SCAM DO NOT CALL!!!

Christina May 22, 2008

I got that same card today and I just wish I knew how they got my information. I advise everyone who gets this to not call the number.

• Co
    Concerned Citizen Aug 04, 2008

same thing happened to me..after researching it i found out it was a scam

• Al
    alysiamarie Aug 18, 2008

The same this happened to me, i got a yellow card in the mail, same words on it and everything, after i found that i read that someone got it right after they got a credit card, i just got my first card, and my legal name is hyphened, but i connect my name, and it was addressed to the way i write it. i do believe its through the credit cards. thanks.

• Ms
    mscstudent25 Aug 27, 2008

I am completly pissed that my information is going around like that.

• Be
    Benito Aug 27, 2008

I got this yellow postcard in the mail, I can not believe this...with so much techonology and being the 21th century you would think that this type of things would have been looked at a bit more closely...it seems like so many people have gotten this "good news" already and no one has taken care of this yet...

• Bb
    BBBBB Aug 30, 2008

I got the same thing and I am linking it to the American Shopping Center. If you have not gotten this info from them then let me tell you they claim that you have won something whatever it could be toilet paper for all I care but anyway after they tell you that you have one you have to pay this pathetic shipping price. I actually have gotten phone calls from them plenty of times and they are beyond annoying and the one time I thought I thought I be smoth and play there game I get this dumb yellow card. I strongly believe they are linked and if they are reading this believe me not I will find you and make sure you are out behind bars were you can become somebody's B.I.T.C.H!

• Ts
    Tsering Sep 02, 2008

As soon as i got the yellow card i came here and found this is a scam...so to play it off i called them...:

rep asked for the control# then eventually she knew who i was!! wow!!! she asked if the number i was calling is a house, cell or work phone number! told them it was the pay phone! ...she said she has a good news for me...and i said i have a better news for her that I am wiring a comment on the complaint board for the world to see that you guys are a SCAM!!!

Yes we all got the yellow card. I never spell out my mid name. only initial but this yellow card has my middle spelled out COMPLETELY. Only my credit card comp. knows my middle name... guys it's a scam!! do no fall for it!!!

• Lo
    louie Apr 03, 2009

amazing iam from the bronx new york and i got the same yellow card and I think the scam that they have going is when you call that number you are actually activating a credit card. Some credit card company sends you a credit card but when you receive it. It tells you to call to activiate.

• Fr
    FRC Apr 17, 2009

YOU RECEIVED A POSTCARD FROM FRC?

WE HAVE GOOD NEWS, ENTER OUR DREAM OF A LIFETIME SWEEPSTAKES WITH NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.

CALL US TOLL FREE AT 888-673-5223 TO ENTER

AND WHILE YOU ARE ON THE PHONE ASK US ABOUT OUR SENSATIONAL MAGAZINE SERVICE THAT OFFERS YOUR CHOICE OF OVER 450 TOP MAGAZINE PUBLICATIONS.

Or VISIT US AT WWW.FAMILYREADINGCLUB.COM

• Yo
    Yo Mama May 06, 2009

I got the card and checked this site. No one complaining here bothered to called the number. My question is: What's the scam?

• Ri
    Rick1970 Nov 18, 2009

I just got the card in the mail today, and the first thing I did was check it out on the net, and I'm glad I did because it led me here.

• Ri
    Rick1970 Nov 18, 2009

I got the postcard in the mail today and the first thing I did was check it out, and I'm glad I did because it led me here where I found out for sure it was a scam. Thanks!!!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices