Fox Rent A Carnot trustworthy

S

We decided to give a try for Fox rent a car because of the cost...Yet, should haven known - you get what you pay for.

So we made a reservation online with a pick up time. We got there about two hours before the scheduled pick up time and were told that since we are ahead of schedule we would get a different vehicle for, of course, a higher price. We suggested that we cancel the original one and make a new reservation, but of course, they said that wouldn't work. So we got this jeep that is much bigger than we needed, which is bad on gas mileage.

We returned the car as scheduled, and they came look at the fuel and everything, and told us to go to the front desk to check out. A gentleman said that since their system is down, he can't provide a receipt but the charge will be the same as when we reserved the car.

A week later, we got a letter in mail saying that our car was short of gas when we returned it, and they charged our credit card for $40. Now we know it is impossible as we filled the car right on the airport boulevard which is less than a mile from them. As I called to dispute, the manager told me to fax him the gas receipt that we filled it. Not sure what would do as the receipt wouldn't tell if we filled the car or not?? I told him that I wouldn't do it as I just don't have the time.

I was reading the other comment about Fox trying to charge them for car damages three months after the rental...Their service is just not trustworthy. I wouldn't use them again.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices