FotoConnection.comFraud & cheating!

I made the mistake to go online to buy a digital camera to replace a stolen one. What a world! I found on google search engine fotoconnection.com to have the camera that I was looking for at an attractive price. Once in fotoconnection.com I checked carefully the content of the purchase, so I decided to place my order.

The next day it was weird because they sent to me around a dozen of emails asking me to confirm my order, telling me that I had two choices and needed to call them as soon as possible, then another message saying again they were out of stock, and again more messages inviting me to confirm my oder again. I thought It was weird and crazy; however, good practice to ask clients to confirm orders by phone to make sure there is no crime involved in the purchase.

In fact this is one of the many emails as they sent it to me:

Dear Ramon,
Thank you for your order. In order to promptly process your order, please call me Jack at, [protected] Ext. 2032. to confirm your order information, in order to ensure prompt delivery of your order.
I am available Monday Thursday 9:30 AM EST 8:00 PM EST Time
Sunday and Friday 10:00 AM EST - 6:00 PM EST Time
Order #: 369098
Account ID #: Invoice Number: 278691
Placed on: Jan/11/08

Continuing with my experience. I had decided to call them to find out was going on, and I had made my mind to cancel, or if the had the camera I would order it; so I called Jack. I confronted an uncomfortable and scary experience by phone. I asked him if they had the camera in stock and he said, 'yes we do' then he started to offer me more accessories as batteries and memory cards on sale for the camera.

As I had already checked them out on the website; but couldn't afford them. Therefore my answer was 'No thank you I want just the camera itself' He said well the camera doesn't have memory card. I said ' Yes as you advertised it, it has one with less memory' Then he replied 'No it doesn't have any'. Then he asked 'Do you speak Chinese' and I answered 'No, I speak Spanish' Then he continued 'the camera has instructions and functions in Chinese'. I got upset and responded to him ' I want you to cancel my order, please' He got mad and replied well I am going to take 20% of the price from your credit card because you are canceling an order'. I told him that is not fair because they had not packed yet anything for me. And he ended the phone conversation sarcastically saying 'Sure we will' and hanged up.

I got very worried about them having my credit card number, so I immediately called to report my credit card, and decided to cancel right away that credit card. It seems that I was faster then they were. I already review in this site other fraud reports against http://www.fotoconnection.com. I just want to report them, so somebody may help to prosecute them for being cheaters, liars, thieves, scammers and so on on the internet.

Allen F Aug 10, 2016

I called to order a Canon 50D camera. It was confirmed to be in stock. I was told to order it on line. I did making copies of the web pages with full product descriptions and the order page. In about 2 mins after the order was placed I got a call telling me they received the order and would I like a battery as the one that comes with the camera lasts 10-15min? I have the same battery in an Canon 20D and know this to be a lie. I said no thanks. Then I was told this camera is the foreign plastic body and would I like to have the USA magnesium body? I said they only are magnesium and there are not 2 different types. So I will take the USA model as this was what the website said I ordered. They said I would have to pay $200+ more to get the USA model. I said I ordered this model and would not pay more. They said I would have to pay more, so I told them to cancel my order and that I better not see any charges to my credit card. They said fine. I hung up and within 30 sec's they called back to ask me if I would still like the full USA model and now it was at my original order price. I said fine. On my order I commented that I was paying for the fast shipping time and was expecting to have it in 1 week at the latest.

I called on mon 3 days later to add an item but they did not have it so I said fine forget it. I then asked to know when my camera would ship? They said they did not have it in stock. They did not know when they would have it in stock so I would have to wait. I then reminded them that when I ordered it was in stock and that the comment section of my order had my expectations spelled out. He was sorry but they were out of stock. I then told him to cancel my order where he then told me I would have to pay $300 more to get this camera from B&H. He said I got a great deal so why would I want to cancel? He then said If I was willing to I could get it in 3 days from him for $250 more. I then said so what you are saying is that you do have it in stock you just don't what to honor your sale to me at the agreed upon price? I told him to cancel and send be an Email confirming my canceled order. They did in about 1 min.

These guys are out right liars. They use bait and switch tactics and will lie to hopefully get you to pay for the things that come with the camera. They close on Saturday most likely due to religious beliefs. What hypocracy.
    If you buy from these guys you are asking for trouble.

• Ad
    Adrev Jan 26, 2010

I had a very bad experience with FotoConnection.com . I placed an order for a new Sharp 32" HDTV on 12/19/2008 and received it on 1/2/2009 (after 15 days). The driving distance between Brooklyn, NY and my house in CT is 1 hour. The box looked very suspicious for a brand new TV. There was no indication on the box what is inside, except the word "sharp". I called Sharp USA Inc. and gave them a serial number for this TV and they said that this is a REFURBISHED TV. So, I paid for a brand new TV and received a refurbished! This is simply called "Consumer fraud".

The FotoConnection.com agreed to do a full refund for me. Be very careful with this company because something similar could happened to you too.

Andreea Jan 23, 2010

I tried to order a dryer from this company. I noticed that they had not charged my card after 1 week of waiting for my item to arrive. I placed a call to them just to find out that not only was the item that I orderen not in stock but they never notified me that it wouldn't be coming. I was just waiting for no reason. I still don't have my dryer. Now I have to order another one from somewhere else and pray that it gets to me soon. This place sucks. Plus the customer sevice guy I spoke to hung up on me.

• Mo
    Mojo Jan 18, 2010

On 11/23/2008 i was browsing on their website and found a camera that i wanted to buy. That specific webpage clearly stated "order before 3pm 11/24/2008 and choose 2 day shipping to receive order before thanksgiving". This camera was a surprise and i wanted it to be a thanksgiving surprise. The next day 11/24/2008 i receive a call saying they wanted to confirm my CC information. Then the upselling started, telling me that the battery that came with only lasted 20 minutes, etc... and basically talked me into upgrading the battery (which was not necessary i later found out). Then they wanted me to get the largest memory card possible, etc...

After spending the money to upgrade all of those things, i was told that the items would be shipped out that day and i would definitely get them before thanksgiving. The next day 11/25/2008 i get a call in the morning telling me that the camera i wanted was out of stock and that it had to be drop shipped. The charge to drop ship would be $40 on top of the $20 overnight charge. The sales person promised me that i would receive the order before thanksgiving on the 26th and that it would ship out right away! I figured as long as i got the items. $60 wasn't TOO big of deal.

7pm, 11/26/2008 there's no fedex delivery. I call customer service and ask for a tracking #. They said that they dont have it and that they will send it to me as soon as they get it. I asked them about what they promised me and said there's nothing they can do. They said they will get the tracking number and will send it to me after they get it before the end of the day. 8:30 rolls around and no tracking #. I called the customer service number back and asked for my salesperson. The guy said "he's gone, i'm his manager, what can i do for you?". I tried to ask him the status of my order and he says "i dont have access to a computer, call back tomorrow". I told him that i was promised the order today and that tomorrow was thanksgiving. He said "we'll be open! call back tomorrow" and hung up.

I try calling back the next day only to get their automated system saying that they were closed. Same thing i got on the day after thanksgiving.

I end up receiving the camera on Friday 11/28/2008. I'm thinking if i get the accessories today, then i just wont make a fuss. It's only one business day late.

Over the weekend i end up getting a tracking # that cannot be tracked via the UPS website. it says that there's no information on that package.

I call up customer service 12/01/2008 and the guy says "how can i help you?" i explained to him the situation and how i paid $60 for shipping after TWICE promising the item to arrive before thanksgiving. He asks "did you get an e-mail confirming your tracking information?" i said "yes" he then started to yell "So what's your problem? we sent you your items didn't we?" I asked him to stop yelling and then he goes back to a normal voice saying "i'm not yelling". He then says "what's the problem?" I told him the problem was that i was promised twice that i would receive the item before thanksgiving and the website said if i ordered before a certain date, i was guaranteed the item. I not only paid upgraded shipping, but it's been a WEEK later and i still have not received all of my items. Items that they should've had in stock that were not drop shipped! He then goes on to say in a rude voice "credit card processing takes time you know?" Yea right~! 4 days? My card was already charged. I know that it isn't still processing.

He then promises that i will get the items today. and apologizes for the delay. I asked him if he was going to apologize for the way he talked to me? he says "what did i say?"

I did not notice all of the negetive reviews on this company until i searched for them. There are HUNDREDS of bad reviews and they get so many complaints a week it's not even funny. I definitely recommend to stay away from this company. When my items get here, i feel as if they should offer me my shipping charge back. I was promised that i would receive the items by a certain date if i paid $60 only to receive them almost a week later than the promised date. Actually, i haven't received them yet. I only have half of the order so far.

• Li
    Livane Jan 06, 2010

First of all, they called my house (i live with my grandfather) and ask if i am home. my grandpa says no and asks for all of my additional numbers where i can be reached. my grandpa refused (thank god) because he simply didn't know who it was. he failed to state who it was, and started to get my grandpa upset and harassed him. i got home to a shaking grandfather who was so confused and upset. i called this company and they TOLD me that i needed a battery because the one that came with it only lasts 10 minutes. ok, i know i'm a girl and all, but i know better than that. i said there is no way that olympus gives a 10 minutes battery with their product. furious, the caller states "WELL DO YOU WANT THE BATTERY OR NOT?!?!" i stated no. at this point i was ready to cancel my order, and the caller says, oh and by the way, your product is on back order and you won't get it for 8 weeks. (i ordered an olympus stylus digi cam) i then said, cancel my order, NOW. the caller then hung up. i'm begging you! save yoursel the headache from these fraud artists!

Darro Dec 24, 2009

Both my father and I wanted a Panasonic camera for $185.00. This company had the best deal with additional 'free' items, shipping wasn't bad either. Monday after the holiday, they mysteriously weren't available and we could 'upgrade to the level of camera' for an additional cost. Even though the website said they were still available. This business of bait and switch isn't legal nor is it good company practice. Then they try to presure the buyer into an extended warranty that they can get elsewhere for less than $25. I will NEVER deal with them again. WE cancelled both of our orders after never getting any email that they were going to be shipped within 2 weeks of placing our orders. They REALLY need to improve their business practices.

Alson Dec 15, 2009

I ordered a specific camera only to have a different one sent ot me. After several phone calls with extremely rude and unprofessional people, I cannot get the one that I originally ordered or seemingly, return mine. I was told that I was "hustling them" and that I could not talk to the returns department. What a huge disappointment!

• De
    Detecta Dec 08, 2009

11/11/07 I ordered a Canon Rebel Xti. On 11/12 I get a call from Foto Connection. They stated the silver boby was not made any more(untrue) and I could only get black. I agreed to the balck model. The next words out of his mouth was I needed to upgrade the battery. I declined the offer. He was relentless. He said he would send me a 4hr battery which was regular 79.99 for 49.99. I was at work at the time(pressed for time) so I agreed. The camera arrived quickly, in 4 days.I was so excited. When I open the package I was taken back a bit. They had sent me a Canon Kiss. (I did some researce and discover this was a off shore model identical to Xti, warranty issues may be only difference). I decided I would live with this. I looked for my upgrade battery and only found what appearded to be the box kit battery. I haved used the camera for a week now and LOVE this camera! The battery is only a 1 hour battery not the 2-4 hour as told. Foto Connection advertised the lowest price on this item but by the time I was ripped off on the battery, it cost the same THINK TWICE about a company that works like this!

darylee Nov 17, 2009

Don't buy from these pieces of _ _ _ _. I read the reviews, and it looked like they were getting better these days, but was I wrong. I got a good deal on the camera, but was talked into buying a Canon battery, with buy one get one free, and some Gogigi high speed memory cards, also buy one get one free. He also talked me into a quick charge for ten dollars. They sent me one Tech batter (9.99), and two Transcend SD cards, which were much cheaper. There was no quick charger. I called, and the first guy said...well you got one battery, and one is in the camera. The jerk then handed me to someone else, who said he would send out the right battery, and the memory cards, to make the deal even. I never received it, and they dont answer my calls now. (they must have the caller ID) . These pieces of _ _ _ _ should not be alive. I plan on going to New York soon, and play on talking to these jerks face to face...I can't wait.

• Ra
    RadO71 Nov 03, 2009

2006 I purchased a sony tv and a samsung blue ray player including warranties for both products. It cost me 500 dollars to purchase the warranties and recently I needed service for the TV and blue ray player. I tried to get a hold of repair tech the warranty company the one that Fotoconnextion insisted that I needed when I purchased the products. Well guess what they are out of business or something now what? I have called and called however no response. I decided to call Fotoconnextion to see if the could help me out. They said no it is my worry. Well that sure is not the way to do business, Fotoconnextion talked me into getting the warranties in the first place. Can someone help me out?

• Cu
    CustomerServiceDept Sep 15, 2009

No. How much did you sue for?

• Do
    Dont like being duped Sep 14, 2009

You are just a regular comedian aren't you?

• Cu
    CustomerServiceDept Sep 14, 2009

They probably are. Better sue them too.

• Do
    Dont like being duped Sep 13, 2009

What?! Aren't these companies both one in the same?

JohnT55 Sep 03, 2009

I placed an online order with this company on May 31, 2009 because they had a great price on a digital camera I wanted. Shortly after, I received an email confirmation with my initial order, but no description of my purchase. My original order was for a Casio Elixim digital camera model EX-S880 for $169.99 with free shipping. Two days later on June 2nd I received another email stating I needed to contact Tom to confirm my order. I promptly called him to do so. When I got on the phone with him, he kept pressuring me to purchase additional accessories for the camera. I explained to him that this was merely a replacement camera because I had dropped and broken mine. I told Tom that I already had the battery and memory cards and such for the camera. After several more attempts, he finally took no for an answer. He then proceeded to offer me an “upgrade” of camera for an additional $10. Apparently this “newer” model of camera had a higher mega pixel for the screen and would take better pictures. I asked him if this camera used the same battery and memory card, Tom assured me that it did. I, therefore, agreed to this “new” camera because I believed it to be a good deal. I was going on the recommendation of what I assumed to be a knowledgeable sales representative for Fotoconnection.com. Tom also encouraged me to purchase the 3 year warranty for $30 since I had “just told me [him] that you [I] had broke[n] the camera.” He got me there, so I agreed. Tom then sent me an email to click on a link to agree to the credit card charge, now a total of $208.99- $179.99 for the camera (Casio Elixim EX-Z85BE) and $30 for the warranty. I did this no problem, based on the assumption of an honest vendor and sales person.

When the camera arrived on June 4th, I immediately recognized it to be of a far lesser quality than the one I originally had. The camera also came in a box that had Casio stickers on it, but was not in an actual Casio box. I’ve bought a few Casio cameras over the years and have never seen a plain white box like this from CasiO. This made me wonder now if the camera was refurbished- this is something that their website did not state. I looked up the camera they sent me on their website that same night and saw that it was selling for $104.99 and the warranty for $20.30!!! You can imagine my surprise and unhappiness when I realized I had been sold this camera for $179.99 and the warranty for $30!! I called Tom immediately. He was incredibly rude on the phone and insisted that this was still the better camera, never addressing the price issue. He then told me I needed to call customer service the next day if I wanted to return the camera.

Since I work during the day, I asked my boyfriend to give them a call because he was home that day on June 5th. He spoke with Josh who told him that I had been talked into this upgrade of camera because the one I originally placed my order for was out of stock (which Tom had not told me). He said they also threw in an extra battery for free, something I did not ask for. Regardless of this extra “gift” they sent me (which in Fotoconection’s response to my dispute says, falsely, that they later sent me!), I still was not happy with the misrepresentation of the better quality of camera. I had looked it up on several additional websites to confirm my suspicions that this camera was of lesser quality than the one I originally wanted. My boyfriend kept emphasizing how unhappy with this camera I was and the situation, so Josh offered him a free memory stick as an appeasement. My boyfriend hung up with Josh and called me to ask if this was enough of a remediation for me. Unfortunately, it was not enough because I was still upset with the price differences.

My boyfriend called backed again and this time spoke with Andy. My boyfriend questioned him about the price difference and was told that it was offered at a lower price on the website because it did not include anything- battery, wires, etc which does not state this. Andy told him I could not return the camera without being charged a 15% restocking fee (which yes, this information was on their website and my receipts). However, we felt because we had been taken advantage we should have that fee waived. Andy would not cave on this and when my boyfriend told him we would dispute the charges for the difference in price, Andy threatened that I would be sent to collections and Fotoconnection would “mess with my credit.” After several more minutes of going back and forth, Andy then said he would speak to his supervisor to see if it was possible to get the fee waived or he said could offer us a $50 credit. My boyfriend then asked him to email us the offer of the credit and whether or not the fee would be waived, thereby having written proof and thus giving me a choice of what I wanted to do (keep the camera and take the credit or return it with no questions asked and my money back).

About 10 minutes after the conversation ended, I did in fact receive an email from [email protected] which is a different name than the company I ordered from, but contained a subject line of one of the order numbers on my different invoices. However, the email was completely blank with no body content!!! I replied back asking what this email was supposed to contain. I did not receive a reply to this email.

On Sunday, June 7th I received an email containing an RMA, but I had not been told if the restocking fee had been waived. I again emailed Andy asking where we stood on things. Four days later on June 11th, I received a reply from Andy simply stating “What you wants to do”. I replied back the same day that I would take the credit and have not heard from this company since.

I disputed the difference in price with my credit card and the company actually responded and denied my dispute twice. My credit card was nice enough to give me the credit as a good customer, but I am completely appalled with this company. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not do business with this company. I guarantee they will scam you and please don't encourage them to do it to others!!!

• Le
    Leonid Aug 08, 2009

Called them before ordering to check stock. Was told Canon G10 is on stock. I called back 5 days later to check on order and they told me the camera I ordered was back-ordered. But that there is a metal case version for $40 extra. (THIS IS A LIE. Canon does not make 2 models). I re-placed the order anyway and called back after 4 days to check on status. Was told by a rude representative that the item is back-ordered. No extra words or offer to help solve the problem. Canceled the order and will never ever shop there again.

• Ga
    Garold Aug 07, 2009

I don't think there is anyway I can put into words how overwhelmingly negative my experience was with this company. They are the reason that people fear buying over the internet.

They called me twice trying to upsell me.

They changed my order.

They changed my price.

Of the two items I ordered, they sent me one, and it was wrong.

They told me I was wrong and that I should want what they sent me.

They told me I should have done my research and that they didn't even stock the item that they sent me.

They didn't send me my other item at all.

After days of calling/asking they told me it was on back order (even though they previously told me it shipped).

They didn't want to return the wrong item or refund me for either when I wanted to cancel my order, telling me they couldn't because they would lose money.

It took me a minute to write this, but it took hours of my time on the phone and weeks of waiting to get here and I still haven't gotten my refund.

I beg you to buy from somewhere else - this the last company on the internet you shoudl be supporting.

ALemieux Jun 11, 2009

Apparently I'm in good company with quite a number of dissatisfied customers that have done business with FotoConnection.com. I see quite a number of complaints concerning the business practices dealing with this company online - and looks like it goes back to 2007. Nothing has changed. I ordered a Canon Rebel DSLR camera with a silver body and got a black body. When I placed the order, I was immediately called to upgrade my order. My sales pitch was the buy one battery - get the second one free - and they discounted the price $20. Boy are they quick to get you to confirm the new amount and agree to pay them via email. Unfortunately, I got only one battery. I sent an email to discuss my inaccurate order and the reply was to call [protected] Ext 2032.

Three days of calling now and you will never reach someone to talk to. Apparently their philosophy is - If you can't contact us - we don't have to address a customer's incorrect order.

Unfortunately, this company is still in business after years of fraudulent business practices - so I'll do my part to try to alert the public to not do business with this company.

• Ve
    Vesta eCustomer Support Jun 05, 2009

Vesta processes millions of prepaid recharge payments each month on behalf of telecom companies and their customers. We continually monitor orders for unauthorized or fraudulent use of payment devices, and actively work with customers to resolve any issues or disputes promptly and fairly. This is evidenced by our “A” rating by the Better Business Bureau.

If you have questions regarding a charge from Vesta on your credit card bill or bank statement, email [email protected]
    or call toll free [protected]. A representative will be glad to assist.

jonmmy Jun 05, 2009

They are not only thiefs they are extortionists as well. They also told me they had mafia friends and would come to my house and kill me if I did not stop calling all the time and causing them trouble. They need to be shut down and prosecuted by the law.

jonmmy Jun 05, 2009

They are not only thiefs they are also extortionists and they even threatened to kill me if I did not stop calling and complaining. They said they worked for the mafia and would come to my house and kill me. They need to be shut down and prosecuted.

• Ya
    Yaneth May 25, 2009

Call [protected] Fotoconection.com to cancel the order and I hung up the phone. They're crooks. do not shop online at FOTOCONECTION

• Ya
    Yaneth May 25, 2009

URGENT NOT BUY IN FOTOCONECCION, THEY CALL YOU AN EMAIL TO CONFIRM YOUR ORDER ONLINE AND SEND A VIRUS TO YOUR COMPUTER DAMAGES, THE VIRUS IS CALLED TROJAN.WIN32.AGENT.AZSY. COPY THIS VIRUS PERSONAL INFORMATION AND PASSWORDS, SO DO NOT BUY ONLINE AT FOTOCONECCION MAY-25-2009

• Go
    GONZAA01 Apr 24, 2009

Hi, I had a similiar situation but with Electrozone.com where I purchased a Samsung LN52A750 (1888.00) that did not even work the first day. I bought on 4/13/09 and received the TV on 4/20/09. Electrozone promised a "Brand New" TV set with 1 year manufactujre warranty. After calling Samsung, they mentioned that the TV is a Re-furbished TV and only has a 3-month warranty. This is a deceptive business practice on top of product misrepresentaion with a bait and switch situation.

The retailer did give me a 5-year in home protection plan with Consumer Prioriet Service and already have a Samsung service technician looking into the TV. I'm also disputing this case with my credit card company to allow me a credit for this purchase and will be filing complaints to FTC and others. Buying a "Brand New" TV that does not work the first day becuase I get a Re-furbished product is not acceptable... I have documented every thing I have gone through with Electrozone and will get my money back somehow...

If anyone has a website that consumers can voice their complaints with similiar situations and some lawyers out there that will offer class action lawsuits againts these type of online retialer, please let us know.

Alfred Apr 08, 2009

I attempted to order a camera from Fotoconnection online, but after submitting my credit card information, I changed my mind and canceled the order. This was a card that I had not used in over 2 months. Two days later, my credit card number was used to run up over $1, 500 of expenses at the Sheraton in Atlantic City and for Vesta T-mobile bills.

Beware of Fotoconnection, their pricing is plain old 'bait & switch' and not worth the risk of credit card fraud.

• He
    Henrick Feb 22, 2009

I ordered a TV Feb 4. I was promised a tracking no. in 48 hrs. I called every day from Feb. 6 to Feb.16th. Every day was promised a tracking no within 24 hrs. Never did get a tracking no. They talked me into an extended warranty and cable. Shipment for the TV was supposed to be $119. They never shipped the TV and tried to charge me the $119 for the less than 1 pound shipment of the cable which they offered me for free. Beware. These people lie and will do anything to stall you. Buy from anyone but foto connection. They are expert at telling you they will take care of it and then do nothing. They will give you their names and extensions but you can never reach them again. You will just keep getting another customer service rep who will promise you they are different and they will handle your problem. Expert at scamming their customers.

• Sn
    Snowdog Feb 05, 2009

At the time of purchase the sales person recommended buying extended warranty from Pioneer on the Pioneer receiver. I was even told me that Pioneer will come pick up the receiver from home if it breaks down. Yesterday, I received my tuner and in the box there was warranty from the third unknown party not Pioneer. I was made to believe that I was getting a good deal at $269 warranty when the regular price is over $300. It took me two weeks to call repeatedly to get the credit card situation resolved and I was put on hold for prolong periods of time.

• Le
    Lester Jan 07, 2009

Ordered online, so wasn't bait N Switched. BUT after waiting 3 weeks for product to arrive, I called for status of order. Was told my order was shipped and should arrive shortly. Another week passed and I called again. This time they told me my order was cancelled because they could not find the electric range they advertised and sold me. This really disrupted my plans to rent out this apartment. ALL THEY HAD TO DO WAS NOTIFY ME VIA PHONE, EMAIL, US MAIL ... WHATERVER that they were not going to fulfill this order. WHAT A ### COMPANY !

Daniel Nov 21, 2008

They are the absolutly worst company I have ever dealt with.
    They basically stole $170 from me!

Back in July, I ordered a digital camera.
    it is now Nov, almost thanksgiving, and I still have yet to recieve anything.

I bought the camera elsewhere,
    and fotoconnection keeps telling me that they are refunding my credit card.
    But nothing ever happens.
    I've called every week, no results.

They are thieves, and I am glad I only got burned for the $170.
    It could have been a lot worst.

Save yourself the trouble and never do business with fotoconnection.com

• Ju
    Judge Nov 08, 2008

Same story. Ordered Canon 450D XSi camera package. Was told during verification call that lenses were not Canon and were not autofocus. Upgraded to Canon for $200.00. Also bought 3 year "Canon" extended warranty for $100.00. Checked website and verified that lenses advertised were Canon. Never received Canon warranty and 4 items of the package were missing. Called to request 4 missing items and credit for lenses and warranty and was told my only option was to return camera and pay 15% restocking fee. I have filed a lawsuit against them in a TN court and WILL get my money back and damages for consumer fraud.

• Valerie Oct 13, 2008

I ordered a new camera package from fotoconnection.com. I thought it was a great price for all the things they were throwing in ($709) so I jumped on it. Twenty minutes later Sam Moore called, saying he need to verify my credit card information. But then he told me that it needed a battery. He said he would do me a favor and sell me the 5-hour bat for the price of a 2-hour bat ($129). I later did research and found that said battery (without a specified lifespan) costs about $40. Then he aggressively pushed a 5-year warranty on me. I told him I wasn’t interested numerous times. First it was $200 and he would instantly drop it to $150. Then $150 with a free upgrade from plastic to glass lenses (I later researched it and found there was no such thing. There are plastic lenses but they are rare and most lenses, including the ones I would have gotten either way, are a combination of glass and aspheric elements). I still refused. When he pushed the price down to $100, I said okay just to get him off my back. I got the verification agreement by email that I needed to sign which tacked on another $50 for insurance. I signed it just to get it done with and get my camera. I later discussed with some people who informed me that this was classic bait and switch tactics. I was introduced to the BBB. When I read the horrible reviews, I decided to return it. I have yet to receive the product because I have not been around to accept it and want them to just send it back. I’ve called the company to see if we could sort this out when I found the customer service was suddenly very rude. Sam was very dismissive, saying, “You want to talk to your lawyer, go ahead.” I hadn’t mentioned anything about a lawyer. He told me I needed to pay a 15% restocking fee (when I hadn’t even opened, nay, received the package). He said most places charge 30%, that they are courteous enough to charge only 15. When I said I’d never had to pay that, he basically just said, “well, you’re wrong.” I just want my money back.

• Go
    Gordon Sep 29, 2008

So how did you do it? We tried to dispute the charges thru our CC/Bank and they credited our account until FotoConnection responded denying everything. The Bank took their side!

• Valerie Sep 19, 2008

I placed an order online for a Canon rebel eos 350d xt package, then received an email the next day to call and confirm my shipping address. When i called (tuesday) Sam said the order would arrive that friday or saturday. He then said that the battery that comes with my camera would only last about 15 minutes and i should upgrade. They wanted $200 for a 5 hour battery. I wouldn't buy it, he then was going to through in a lens. I said no and would just stick with the oem that comes with it. He then asked me how old i was, because i sounded young? I asked him the same, myself being 26 and Sam being 27. This ended the call with a good day and i should get an email with shipping #s.The next day i check status and the order was canceled. I called and they said it was because the oem package wasn't in stock. I could upgrade though for another $145 and then the order would ship. So i received no email about the canceled order or upgrade. But if i was willing to pay another $145+ in any way it seems the my order would have shipped. Looks like the company lists low prices and then says that something is wrong with the order but if you'd like to upgrade then they can ship it. Trying to get more money out of you to make up for the low list price. Who pays $145+ for a $25 battery?!!! STAY AWAY!!! When its looks to good to be true it is...

• Valerie Sep 18, 2008

I purchased my camera in the beginning of June and had it sent to my brother's house, which is where I was going to be at the time of the delivery, so I figured it'd be a great time to try it out. The order went relatively smoothly, I ordered the Nikon D40 kit, and asked if this was the "REAL DEAL American Version." They assured me that it was and I was quickly sent to the Sales dept. for my purchase. I had everything from their online store in front of me and ready to order via telephone.

Throughout the order the person on the phone was polite and kept trying to upsell me into something extra with the camera, I told him I just wanted the package deal that was online and that was all, he then told me that the package wasn't available and they would "Upgrade" me to other "great" accessories for 10 bucks more, I said "whatever" and went ahead with that.

After placing my order and giving the CC info and all, I happily hung up but was sort of suspicious, and decided to look them up online and quickly saw all the complaints. I rushed to the phone (had been about 10 minutes) and called my dad (an attorney) he told me to call the CC company and the camera company and cancel my order. I called the FotoConnection store to cancel (had been just at 20 minutes, I looked in my phone for call history and times) and they told me that the order had already been processed and was sent to shipping.

I was then put on hold forever (literally 35 minutes) and then transferred to a representative finally and told him that I couldn't justify spending that much on a camera (just wanted to cancel my order) he gave me the same talk that it couldn't be canceled anymore (this comes into play later) but he would give me 20 dollars off my order if I kept it, I then asked to speak with a manager, he said "he's busy right now" I said well transfer me to him and let me hold, he then said "he's not here right now" so I replied "you just said he was busy" he then said "I am the manager." At this point I was not only confused but thoroughly angry! I hung up and called the CC company.

I asked them if they could cancel the order and they said FC had already processed the order (about 12 minutes after I originally got off the phone with them). I went through the story with them and they offered to open a claim so if something bad happened I'd have history and references. So I went through with that and updated them when I got the camera, and shipped it back and so on...

Anyways, when I was waiting for the camera to come in (while at my brother's) I was on the phone various times waiting for customer service, each hold period was well over 45 minutes and then multiple on holds (the average phone call lasted over 2 hours for 3 days each, not much of a vacation). They refused to allow me to ship the camera back when I got it and to give me the number needed to send it back. After getting the camera I called Nikon to verify if it was INDEED a real American Nikon like FC claimed, it was definitely not and Nikon told me to send it back! I called FC again to get the return number I needed and they said, "Well you bought the camera and now it's yours" I told them again I did not want it and needed to send it back, after about 2 days of calling for the number I finally got it! Shipped it and sent it, everything triple checked to make sure I did it correctly. After triple checking everything, I ready something that said, any order canceled within 30 minutes of placing the order is basically fine, YEA RIGHT! you're on hold forever so you can't cancel it...

Anyways I just got my percentage of my money back (85% or whatever it was is better than giving those crooks all of it!) and this is 2 and a half months later, I was just about to go through with the CC claim and have them go after FC, but FC turned it in just in time, for them.

Moral of the story, don't buy from FC they're crooks, they lie, they cheat, they are not professional business people, just professional crooks!

danshi3 Sep 15, 2008

I used fotoconnection to buy a camera for my sister in law from england.

Supposed to get free kit w camera and be delivered in 3-5 days

I got a call 8 days after I ordered. Wanted to verify my credit card. Said they had a lot of fraud. I told them the order was already overdue, and my sister-in-law was leaving the next day.

They said they'd overnight it, and I could return if it didn't make it there in time.

Cme the next day too late, after sister in law left. Got charged for a supposed free kit with the camera.

tried to return, but got a BIG hassle, and a scloding from 'leo' at customer returns. Also he refused to let me talk to a manager.

stay away from these scoundrels.

• Valerie Sep 11, 2008

I wanted to buy a Canon EOS Rebel Xti camera at fotoconnection.com as they had the best deal (499$) with free shipping. I ordered it and they called me and confirmed my order after 1 hr saying that the shipment would happen in 24-48 hrs. After 2 days when I called them to find out about the status of my order, they said that the item was not available and they would be able to send the camera immediately only if we could 'upgrade to the level of camera' for an additional cost. The website says that it is still available. They were forcing me to upgrade the camera for an additional 99$, also they were trying to convince me by comparing the total price with the current market price. They don't seem to be reliable. I cancelled my order and NEVER deal with fotoconnection.com again. This is the WORST business practice I have ever experienced before.

• Jp
    jp Sep 04, 2008

I wanted to buy a Canon EOS Rebel Xti camera at fotoconnection.com as they had the best deal (499$) with free shipping. I ordered it and they called me and confirmed my order after 1 hr saying that the shipment would happen in 24-48 hrs. After 2 days when I called them to find out about the status of my order, they said that the item was not available and they would be able to send the camera immediately only if we could 'upgrade to the level of camera' for an additional cost. The website says that it is still available. They were forcing me to upgrade the camera for an additional 99$, also they were trying to convince me by comparing the total price with the current market price. They don't seem to be reliable. I canceled my order and NEVER deal with fotoconnection.com again. This is the WORST business practice I have ever experienced before.

Anne Aug 30, 2008

Totally, I thought their customer service reps sounded more like graduates of a reform school than customer service. I don't like doing business with people who make you feel uneasy about dealing with them. Glad its over the phone so they don't try to break kneecaps or something.

Anne Aug 30, 2008

I agree about their customer service. I had the same type problem when I tried to talk to them. They came across as dangerous small time hoods instead of P.R. People.

Stay away from this company I think they get their employees from reform school.

Anne Aug 30, 2008

Sorry, I had to resubmit this as my original had the wrong state showing so this is the correct one for New York. I received an unauthorized order of a camera from this company. I called the company and when I said I was returning it they said they would charge me a restocking fee. How about that, an unauthorized order and they want to charge me to take it back? Their customer service department accused me of "playing games". I still have 2 of their voice mail messages on my answering machine. They have been no help at all and credit card companies don't seem to want to assist much anymore either. This company has a "shady" feel based on the characters I talked to that worked there, very rough small time hoods is what they sound like.