ForeClosureStoreScam and rip off!

I was promised access to foreclosure listings after the initial $8.00 credit card charge. I was not able to access any of the foreclosure listings without being charged every time I would attempt to access the listings. They say there is a 7 day trial. After that they will charge my credit card $240.00 if I do not call to cancel. I attempted to call and cancel, but they do not answer their phone. I have been unable to contact anyone from that so called company!

• Da
    Daphne M Crawford Feb 15, 2008

i experienced the same that the emailer di. i was desperately looking for a home for me and my children so i went on the foreclosurestore website. It is truly amazing how these website can scam you and get away with it.

• Dh
    D. Harbin Feb 16, 2008

I too am trying to cancel with FOreclosureStore, I cannot get in touch with them by phone or internet. the listing in our area were old listing, been sold for quite some time. this is definitely a rip off.
    Does anyone have a contact number for me to call I plan to contact my credit card company and tell them not to accespt any charges from them.

• Al
    Alisa Mar 07, 2008

I just got ripped off also? Does anyone know how to report this and to take legal action?

• Sc
    Scott Braunius Apr 03, 2008

i'm trying to look for a number to call to cancel. luckily i used a Paypal temp. card so i don't think i'll be in trouble with the extra money.

• Co
    connie bruzda May 05, 2008

what a pip off, having the same problem, just 3 days in i cannot access anything on their site, nor can i even find a number to call. will be contacting my bank and pay for a stop payment.

• Ta
    Tamara Jacobs May 08, 2008

I was charged also and never able to access the site. I called my bank to stop the payment before it went through but it was too late. I was able to get a contact number from my bank and called the number spoke to a customer service rep I think and told her the situation the refused to refund me my momey and when ask to speak to her supervisior about her attitude and how was gettin charged for an account that I could not access she hung up on me. I put the charge in dispute with my bank but the result of getting my money back from them were unsuccessful.

• Wi
    wilfred martin Jul 08, 2008

i to have a complaint.after many many tries at gettting back to forclosure store to cancel my 7 day acount, they would not answer my calls .is there anyone out there that can help me get my money back after being slammed into their system and charged297.00 for a system that provides nothing to anyone that they can, t get for free anyway.i can, t even get their website to come up to see what state they, re from so i could call the attorney general of that state to file my complaint.

• Lo
    Lolo Sauceda Jul 10, 2008

I was promised access to foreclosure listings after the initial $8.00 credit card charge. I was not able to access any of the foreclosure listings without being charged every time I would attempt to access the listings. They say there is a 7 day trial. After that they will charge my credit card $297.00 if I do not call to cancel. I attempted to call and cancel, but they do not answer their phone of they put you on hold, then the phone goes dead. I have been unable to contact anyone from that so called company!
    I am also enclosing several other complaints filed against this company.
    I sincerely hope you can help me on this matter, I do not want to pay for services I don’t have access to.

• Op
    opn4bzns Jan 27, 2009

Be careful of this site. When I looked at the foreclosures for a zip code, then changed the zip code it brought the same pictures back with the new zip code and new city name. Could be legit or just bad advertising.

• Ho
    Househunter Jan 28, 2009

It's a total scam. All the photos are fakes and if you put in a different zipcode, the same photos will come up.
    I live in Southern California and I put in my zipcode and houses with SNOW on the roofs and yards came up.

SCAM! Beware!

chanda Feb 01, 2009

like the previous comment, foreclosurestore is a very hard site to access. Signed up for the FREE 7 Day Trial, went through the whole spill, when it came to accessing it. It became impossible there is no customer support and I can not cancel my membership w/o accessing the site, the rep that I spoke to, told me by going to the site would be the only way i could cancel, but again not able to access. In my opinion this is a scam and rip off.

• Ke
    Kerry Feb 20, 2009

I have filed a complaint with the BBB. Like many others, I cannot get in touch with anyone.Always a busy signal or on hold. I am currently working on getting this site shutdown.

• Al
    Alfred Feb 20, 2009

I am a Hurricane Ike victim whose home and belongings were swept away by an 18' surge. I now live in a FEMA trailer and only had a small amount awarded to me to replace my home. I looked to foreclosures as a possible answer to my problem.

I was hounded by e-mail by many companies so when I saw a free trial membership at Foreclosurestore.com, it seemed a perfect way to have a quick look in my area to see what was available at least. I then called to cancel my membership before the 7-day trial was up. No answer. On the 7th day I canceled my account but was still charged a fee of $79.00. A week later, another $39.95 was taken from my bank account. No e-mail from them, no explanation, no contact, period!!!

I am furious! I have become a victim twice over to two silent attackers.

I wonder how anyone affiliated with this site can sleep at night. I sure can't!!!

THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT FORECLOSURE.COM!!! YOU HAVE MANAGED TO MAKE A DESPERATE SITUATION EVEN MORE SO!!!

sandy Mar 02, 2009

i BELIEVE THIS ORGANIZATION SHOULD BE GIVEN TO THE ATTORNEY GENERAL'S OFFICE OR THE FBII
    FOR A CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. MAYBE WE SHOULD JOIN FOR A CLASS ACTION SUIT. YOU CAN E-MAIL
    ME AT [email protected]
    SANDY VERED

• Ev
    Eva Mar 03, 2009

Fraudulent Debit/Credit Card Activity/Claims Free 7 Day Trial/Bills $39.95 and $79.00 anyway after I received Cancel Confirmation Number. Cannot talk to anyone, Michael at 203-855-1999 ex 1024 would not help me, the website is secured in his name at Jordan Publishing and he hung up on me! Refused to help me with anything - just click - nothing!!! This company is MALICIOUS and should be punished. I have all the documentation that I attempted and did receive a cancellation number for my 'free trial' and then was still charged. I have filed a Dispute with my bank and am doing everything in my power to limit this company!

maria Mar 03, 2009

Thank You for posting - it saves the rest of us from being ripped off!

• Gi
    GIGI Mar 05, 2009

yes they tried to scam me too fortunately God told me just to check online at consumerbe ware and I was able to cancel my credit card before they stole money off. I had a prepaid card which is better these days because you don't know who is real anymore...They tried but no money was on there and it was before the free trial which let me know they are pure jerks and rip offs...

• Nh
    NHRIVERAT2 Mar 18, 2009

I was checking forclosures in our area, I came across three homes that was on my street. These Houses were not anywhere near our street. We have lived at this same address for 28 years. There is a total of 35-40 home / lots on a 7/10 of a mile area, we have to go by most of them everyday. So we have no clue where these houses are. We know that their not on our street or in our area. Maybe in some area of our town???????
    Maybe your home is for sale and someone forgot to tell you!
    One home stood out, It was a very large home with decks, porches, three floors, yellow in color, That one we know for sure it not here on our street..

• Na
    naturalqtie1 Mar 19, 2009

I initially signed up for the 7-day free tria. Well, I couldn't quite understand the web-site and found a place on my own, therefore I closed my account on the 6th day, as I completed the online cancellation paperwork it was supposed to send a confirmation email, but this NEVER happened. I then tried to relog onto website and it stated there was no account available for my previous account #. I then tried to call but received no answer, so I assumed since I couldn't log on I was cancelled...this all happened on the 6MAR and on 11MAR bank was debited in the amount of $99. I called the customer service number and call was answered and was told that without confirmation# I would not be refunded. I asked how was I supposed to get one if site didn't allow me to log back and and was again told that confirmation# was needed(I know this, but HOW was I supposed to get that if it didn't let me log on and told me account was non existant). I think they have site set up for that to happen to atleast get member's initial payment if they choose to cancel. As of today they still had my account open, even though I couldn't log in. I just returned form a 15mos deployment and was lookin' for assistance in finding a home...THANKS FORECLOSURE FOR HAVIN' MY BACK!!!If this is what I have to look forward to...NO THANKS next time!

• Sh
    sharlene jacobs Mar 20, 2009

I would like to start a class act against this company, because they are a fake .I live in Paterson and they are showing houses that are not no were in Paterson. It is bad that a company could get away with things like this it is a shame.I live in the 07501 area for all my life and there are NO or NEVER been any houses like they are showing in Paterson.

• Je
    Je9 Mar 31, 2009

When I went to the website it showed beutiful homes on the pictures with a street name. When we went to check out the neighborhood it was a run down trailer park!

None11013 Apr 14, 2009

What a scam!! Lol! I came across this website and gave it a try to see what was listed in Washington, DC, where I live. It was laughable to see so many fraudulent photos of brand new suburban McMansions in a city where all the homes are Victorian and early 20th Century row houses!

• Jp
    JPC victim Apr 29, 2009

Looking for any class action lawsuits for these scam artist taking people's money and not delivering reputable goods or abiding by their word(Free Trial Offers).

• Lu
    Lucy May 08, 2009

They listed my house as a foreclosure when it is a FSBO that expired! I am getting calls for no reason!!!

• Sh
    Shell Jun 07, 2009

The pictures of homes with addresses before jioning to view site were of one picture of the home and another picture after jioning, and there were no exceptional low prices as before next to the same home address they had shown before. The homes in foreclosure were still expensive, at regular real estate listed and appraised prices. And the process going through the free 7 day trial for cancellation seemed at first was going to be simple, but not so. I went to customer support to cancel where it led me to, and put in my e-mail and phone I believe, as it said to, and then it brought up a new page saying that they were giving me a cancellation number, but I had to go to next process to next page to e-mail them to actually cancel the membership with Forclosurestore, because they had insuffient data on me to cancel from what was ask for on previous page, (but that was their fault then, I did what they ask me to do to cancel it) Very strange! I did as it said and entered the code number they gave me, and nothing then even said I was successfully cancelled, no word of it. I am worried they are charging me the 99 dollars then; but I will call my credit card company on Monday. I e-mailed the president of Foreclosure that day and also just called today on the phone; 1-800-462-9028 to Jordan Publisihing who owns Foreclosurestore, left my phone number and name hoping for a return call soon, it was after hours. I will call first thing on Monday again also.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices