Ford Motor Company — complete engine replacement
To whom it may concern,
We have owned several Ford vehicles over the last 20 years. We have had no issues with them. In 2017 we purchased a 2017 Ford Edge 2.0 Eco Boost. Last week we starting experiencing problems with cylinder 2 misfire and engine over heating. We took it in to the dealership ( very nice people ) but we were informed yesterday that they will have to completely replace the engine due to coolant intrusion. We were very disappointed as we have never experienced issues like this with our past Fords.
We were also told that with the new engine our powertrain warranty does not start over, so this means I have maybe 14, 000 miles to reach the 60, 000 miles and then who knows what will happen. Will this engine give us issues as well since it is the same engine that we have in our Edge right now. Just had to vent. So disenchanted with the whole experience.
More Ford Motor Company Complaints & Reviews
- Ford Premium ESP Extended Warranty - deceiving 
- Ford Credit - reposession 
- Ford Motor Company - premature tire wear 
- Ford Motor Company - fusion battery terminal corrosion 
- Ford South Africa - bad service 
- Ford Credit - website payments
- Tod Judy ford - truck service
- Ford Motor Company - rear lift gate center lift gate assembly
- Ford Motor Company - door handle and window
- Ford Motor Company - sync