FoneRight Inc.Added voicemail service to my At&t phone bill w/o my permission

G

I too found charges from this company on my ATT bill. When I called I had never even heard of them. Why would I want their service when I have an answering machine.? The gave me three months credit and I have to write to them to get the rest. I need to scrutinize e-bills before paying.
This company needs to be shut down in my opinion. Also, why is ATT allowing this to happen without checking with us, their customer, before adding it to our bill? Someone should look into what ATT is making off these transactions.
Gail Leach

• St
    STorbush Oct 29, 2010

I received an email thanking my husband for his purchase of the "phoneright" service. Neither of us asked for this service. This Thank You came through on Oct. 11 at 4 am. It was deleted as junk mail but when I went through the "Trash" folder in my computer I found it. I called AT & T and asked them to block any third party additions to my phone bill. They informed me that it may be too late for this billing cycle.. so I will be looking closely at next month's bill. I will definitely not send AT& T this $14.95 when I pay my bill next month if it is on there.

• Pi
    Pinworm Jun 26, 2009

I join the ranks of those ripped off. Since there are so many similar complaints, AT&T and ILD share the blame.

• Ti
    Ticked in Tulsa Jun 03, 2009

I sincerly thank JLONG for their link to class action.
    I've sent in my informaton, companies like this need to be shut down, and quickly..let their CEO's go broke...

• Ti
    Ticked in Tulsa Jun 03, 2009

I've been slammed by these SOB's too.. and I'm not a happy camper. I work hard for my money for these scammers to come in and try and actually STEAL it from is in unbeleivable. Its not right. I'm fixing to write to the Consumer Affairs dept and the BBB and anyone else that will listen. I also find ATT is just as guilty..they should protect their consumer. This is the 2nd time this year someone tried to attach themselves to my phone bill.

• Jl
    JLong May 01, 2009

Here is the link to file a class action complaint about this company. Let's get something done about this!!!

• Jl
    JLong May 01, 2009

I found the same charge on my bill!!

• Co
    Complaint Apr 03, 2009

Exact Same Charges On My Bill From Dec 08 to March 09 had no idea of these scammers were billing due to paperless billing. How can people charge our phone numbers without our permission and why does ATT allow it!

jayone Feb 20, 2009

The same thing happened to me.And at&t says they will take off charges from bill in three billing cycles but they should take off right away.at&t never contacted me about charges i had to call them.they should ask if you ordered this but they dont.these scammers are signing me up for stuff i dont want.how can at&t let this happen

• Er
    Erlinda Reyes Jan 07, 2009

This billing was unauthorized and I have not heard of this company before. I don't even know I have a mailbox with this scammer!

• Al
    Allison Scott Nov 22, 2008

The EXACT same thing happened to me. I am trying to figure out who authorized this charge. I've never even HEARD of this company, let alone set up some shady voice mailbox with them. Seems like some type of scam to me.