FM Windows & DoorsAdvertising

If you check the company's website, they offer "Free Financing. Make 30 equal payments with zero interest". What they don't tell you is that the financing is provided by CitiFinancial whose agreement states that they can change the terms upon 3 months notice. After 1 year of all payments made, Citi has just started charging me an annual $21. fee. Complaints to Citi were met with "we gave you the required notice" and FM Windows have not acknowledged my inquiry. Legally Citi can do this, it's in their Agreement, but it's misleading for FM Windows to state that it is "free financing" and that the payments will be equal. Mine are not!

Advertising

• Li
    LINDA BELLISARIO Apr 05, 2010

Dear Sir:

Unfortunately, because of lack of information on your review, we are unable to identify you as a customer, therefore, have to assume this is a competator posting the complaint.

Should your complaint be legitament, please contact me directly at [protected] #234 so that I can deal with your complaint and resolve it accordingly.

Linda Bellisario
    Customer Service Dept
    FMI HEAD OFFICE

• Zh
    Zhivago Nov 14, 2010

This was certainly not a post by a competitor & despite the indication now, FM did not return my call when I tried contacting them when the problem arose. A copy of the letter from Citibank who finances FM's sales, is attached. It was in response to my complaint about "surprise" charges after I had been told by FM that I would have equal payments over the 2 year repayment period. Be forewarned.