Flying High Pet ResortAnimal abuse

This place should be shut down. I took my dog there and she came home sick and dehydrated. The owner tried to tell me that she got sick from some place else. Also, they advertise that some one is with the dogs 24 hours a day, not true! They also advertise temperature controlled facility, not true! NO AC, very hot!!! I do not know about heat for the winter. Please do not take your dogs there!!!

Mommy 2008 Mar 14, 2011

We have been taking our little yorkie, Alexis, to flying high for years. They do an amazing job grooming her, even though she gets pretty scruffy while wrestling around with our toddler!! When we went to the hospital to have him (in December 2008), we boarded her at Flying High. They took great care of her and even called us just to check in and tell us she was doing great. One night, Alexis was going to be the only doggie there, and Judi didn't want her to be lonely, so she took our pup home with her and let her sleep in her bed! Of course our little girl LOVED that and we appreciated it so much that she went above and beyond the call of duty like that!
    Times have been tough for everyone, and to save a little money we have gotten Alexis groomed at Petsmart a couple times. They do not do nearly as good of a job, and they do not love and care for her like Flying High does, so we are going back to FH. When we go there, she is excited and happy to see the employees. When we took her to Petsmart, she shook and cried when we left her. I don't think they abused her or anything (or obviously we would never have taken her back there), but I do think they are just not as gentle and loving while grooming, so she doesn't feel as at ease. I can't wait to go back to Flying High- they make her look gorgeous, and they treat her like the princess she is! Thank you, Flying High! We will always be loyal customers!!!

• Ra
    randys Aug 01, 2010

Let me start off by saying I have never used the Flying High Pet Resort, nor have I even visited it. I have never met and am not affiliated with anyone who works there or anyone who has been a customer. I was just looking at some local pet places in Camarillo and happened upon this page.

Having read all the comments, I must admit it's hard to figure out who to believe. There seems to be a lot of misinformation, and it would be helpful if IP addresses were shown, but since it is not it is probably best to disregard all of those comments on both sides and visit the facility to decide for yourself. Inspect the suites. Lift up the rubber mats and see if it's clean underneath. Talk to employees and to some of the patrons who may be there to drop off or pick up their animals. Only then should you really make a decision about this place.

Now, I must agree with other posters that 6 days to receive such intense matting to be sedated and shaved is pretty unusual (unless it got into something like tree sap, but I would think it would be mentioned if it was due to a mess.) Maybe for a Yorkshire Terrier, Cocker Spaniel, or some other long wavy-haired breed...but for a Golden Retriever? I really doubt it. And looking at the picture...that wound looks awful, but do I see some stitches rostral to the wound? This almost looks like a wound that was stitched up and then scratched at and torn open. I've seen some severe wounds from grooming mats, but they don't end up looking like that. And the previous poster is right-on in that any employee would notice a gaping wound like that, there is just no way it could have gone ignored in such an obvious place as the face. It makes me wonder if this is a picture you just found somewhere, or if you were just negligent in your care.

As far as Molly, the pictures don't make it look too bad. Probably didn't even require stitches, right? It totally sucks that it happened, and I can agree that as a pet owner I would be upset to see that happen to my dog, but you should realize that these things can happen when you have your dog around other dogs. I agree that it would be nice to feel like the owners were compassionate towards your problem, but then again I really wasn't there and I have no idea how you handled the situation. Therefore I can't really judge who acted inappropriately, and neither can anyone else.

• Me
    Meagain2 Jan 27, 2010

Wow, all this is ridiculous! I am a former employee, from quite a while ago, and not a disgruntled one. Despite the fact that I haven’t worked at this company in several years I have worked with animals for upwards of 10 years. I can understand each of these situations and I really hope people take the time to look at the company on their own, before judging them based on any of these posts. That’s not to say that they may or may not have done the right thing in all situations, but who does? That’s how you learn and grow as a company and set new policies. I can tell you from experience that they would darn well act if a dog was in serious danger or needed immediate medical care.

As far as the dog with the bite, It’s like having a toddler, the first time you see them really hurt themselves, you cry with them, it’s devastating, you race them to the doctor, only to be told it’s a scrape, put a band aid on it  You learn, next time, they fall, you kiss it, comfort them and move on. Owners aren’t used to seeing their dogs get injured; they live in a safe box called home. When you are an animal care provider, you see it all, and trust me, it’s not as serious as the vet charging you all that money will have you believe. On a side note, if you want a trustworthy vet, see Dr. Martin in TO, she’s the ONLY vet I’ve found that won’t overcharge and recommend unnecessary procedures. Yes, your dog was hurt, but the staff did not attack your dog, another dog did. Which, I might remind you if a risk of taking your dog to doggy daycare. Dog’s fight, that’s part of being an animal, and try as we might to stop them, I’ve seen some sweetheart dogs turn nasty in no time flat. It reminds you that these are dogs, as well as you think you know them, that’s the truth. And, as a side note, not to say this is the case in this situation, but Basset Hounds are huge fight instigators, dogs just DO NOT like that bark.

Anyway, back to the story at hand, speaking to the dog with the mats, it’s true, major mats WILL NOT appear in six day, minor tangles however might, but by your post, I’m guessing you didn’t ask to have your dog groomed, yet expected to provide you that service free of charge, just because? As to the injury on his face, I have no idea what that is, but really don’t see how the day care staff could have inflicted that on him. More than likely it was a hot spot or minor injury that went untreated (and was probably scratched at quite a bit). However I find it hard to believe that it was like that at the daycare and no one noticed or worse ignored it. Come on, that’s a little farfetched. People don’t get into these kinds of jobs because they are heartless and want to watch animals suffer. I have seen many occasions where dogs have been injured accidently at the facility and were cared for with love and compassion, and I can’t see that having changed in the years I’ve been gone.
    To the people hoping to sue, not likely, you did sign some paperwork when you brought them in, accepting the risk, did you not?

Please, let it rest…

And as a note to Mira’s mom, I remember your girl and hope she’s doing well, I watched her for you when you moved, I still have many pictures of her.

• Harsh Realities Jul 19, 2009

[flyinghigh / flyinghighpetresort.com]
    > not only is this not true information that you are giving,
    > but it was posted on the same day we let a employee go
    > and we do not have a customer by that name

Your 'rebuttal' is nothing more than an assertion similar in (lack of evidence) to the one the OP shared.

Life is not fair. Much as your employee discovered if employment in your state is "at will". If you are based at "531 S Dawson Dr, Camarillo, California" then employment is "at will".

Are you sure you want to air Flying high pet resort's dispute in a forum such as this?

complaintsboard.com and similar sites are NOT LIABLE FOR THE CONTENT POSTED any more than is a search engine or a torrent index site.

You can seek remedy through a lawyer but much like RIAA/MPAA has discovered in lost suits you cannot simply go fishing for a person in a data storm.

Perhaps a client is particularly displeased with you: hence the purpose of this site. Be less nefarious. It could be that a client who liked your employee has decided to take business elsewhere because of your recent employment decision.

[owner / flyinghighpetresort.com]
    > The police have been involved and she is being sued for slander.

If she has slandered you then justice be served.

[flyinghigh / flyinghighpetresort.com]
    > What a chicken ### you are!

Perhaps you reveal you maintain a hostile workplace as well.

[smokey]
    > I recommended to Dawn that the facility initiate a new business practice of photographing the Dogs upon their arrival to document their exact physical condition.

It is surprising that this was not already policy.

[smokey]
    > Injured pet

ah some evidence. But in relation to your previous comment a before picture would lend some credibility.

[molly's mom]
    > my dog got attacked over a month ago and I still have
    > not recieved anything in writing such as a sincere apology

Animals are property. If it was damaged you should seek legal remedy.

@ employees

Your goal would be better suited at the myriad of sites rating employers.

If you want to vent without being slanderous you can setup a PARODY site of flyinghighpetresort.com -- consult a lawyer to explore the bounds of your first amendment expression. The site comprises ten pages. It seems like it was designed in 1995. There is not much to work with, but as you have some free time I am sure you can come up with a far more compelling and entertaining site.

@ pet place

It might be time to bring your site design into the current millennium before someone creates a parody. A parody is protected speech; as long as it is not libelous-, recommends competitors, or trades on your name there's little you can do but ignore it.

You have caught my attention because it is obscene to treat animals as people. They possess no moral faculty. It is wasteful to pander to animals when children are starving in our own country.

• Ac
    A concerned dog parent Jun 06, 2009

4TH MOST DANGEROUS DOG BREED THAT HAS BEEN DOCUMENTED...>>>>HUSKIES<<<...THAT IS THE DOG THAT ATTACKED THE 10 YR OLD BASSET HOUND. DOES THIS DOGGY DAY CARE EVEN KNOW THE LOGISTICS ON THE BREEDS THAT HAVE A HIGH PREY DRIVE AND ATTACK OTHER DOGS. NOT VERY PROFFESSIONAL IF YOU DON"T KNOW WHICH KINDS OF BREEDS CAN COEXIST TOGETHER. LOOK IT UP...

Many COURT cases have this list if dogs that attack other dogs and humans most frequently. Many have been SUED heavily for having a dog on this list... DO YOUR RESEARCH!!! YOUR DOG WILL BE THE NEXT TO SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES!!!

POOR JUDGEMENT FOR THE OWNERS AT FLYING HIGH...SHAME ON YOU!!!

Former Employee Jun 01, 2009

My wonder for all of these people who own dogs that have been injured while at Flying High, is... Are the dogs that attacked your dog still allowed to go to Flying high? They should not be allowed back in my opinion. But that is just my opinion...

mollys mom May 31, 2009

The owner did not see any reason for my dog to be seen by a vet... Period. This is what she stated over the phone. This is what started this whole thing. I did not agree with her and thought my dog should be checked out and she got defensive.

Judi has to be RIGHT rather than work with the customer to do the Right thing.

Restitution..the act of receiving your property back in the condition it came in. My dog was fine when I brought her in both times. Can you at least work with your customers to at least show you CARE!

All I wanted was the owner to take responsibility and show it with a kind act.

You were not there and did not hear all the condescending voice mails I received.

aners May 29, 2009

I dont work here never heard of the place in my life.

Yes, your dog was bitten. But, were you under the assumption your dog would be kept in a cage segregated from other animals? Do you understand that although domesticated, dogs will sometimes bite each other?

Do you understand that a veterinarian would like to know who is paying the bill, before they give treatment to animals? And that you have to sign paperwork and the like, agreeing to pay for the treatment?
    And that sometimes, a vet will need to ask questions about the animal they are treating?

Would you have liked the company to have done all of this in your name without asking you?

no. What you would have liked is, for the company to have taken on all the responsibility for the vet bill so you could moan and whine that all molly needed was a band-aid, as an excuse as to why you arent going to pay them back for it.

People's tune change when they think they can put someone else on the hook.

Now dont be offended, I can understand that maybe you are not this type of person. But there is no way of knowing who is, so that is why they called you to take the dog rather than taking the dog there themselves.

Molly's mom May 29, 2009

All I asked for my dog to be seen by a vet. A whole $45.00?? That's being GREEDY??? I've seen people sue for thousands of dollars. If you read my complaint, I took My dog to the vet and incurred the cost. How is it unreasonable for an owner to offer a sincere apology and call on her own to check up on a dog that was injured in her care??

I think this is someone who works there or the owner that posted this because IF this was your dog you would at LEAST ask that the dog be seen by a professional if you even cared about your dog..obviously you would just let your dog be and if she gets an infection or disease so be it. You are the stupid one! I spoke to many professionals with licences and they would have done the same as I.

I did not ask for much...many would have sued the pants off of this place. I did seek out an attorney to defend myself and have had every voicemail documented word for word if this is to be pursued. Why do I as a customer have to even go through all of this? MY DOG was injured at FLYING HIGH! I DID NOT cause my dog to get hurt!

This could have ended with a single vet visit ad a sincere apology that is ALL I asked for. Like I said..this is the 2nd time this happened. IF I was GREEDY I would have made a fuss the first time this happened. Did YOU SEE THE PICS?? Again, may I reiterate that MY DOG WAS ATTACKED AT FLYING HIGH, I DID NOT ATTACK A DOG AT FLYING HIGH. So, who is at fault..who should take responsibility??? I guess I should have been ther watching to make sure my dog did not get Attacked by other dogs at FLYING HIGH.

Next Time I know that.

aners May 29, 2009

mollys mom is stupid as obviously, you arent going to call in a vet when there hasnt been some immediate lif threatening injury. this place did the right thing in calling the owner to come in and pick up her pet.

After all, then the owner can take their pet to their preferred veterinarian.

to me it seems like mollys mom is greedy and expected that this place should have called in a vet and absorbed the cost of treatment or something. get real.

• Em
    Employee May 29, 2009

I am an employee at Flying High Pet Resort.
    We try and do our very best to care for these animals. When they are not feeling well we give them hugs and kisses and try to make them comfortable. When they won't eat, we sit down and hand feed them, and sometimes it takes hours. We encourage playful activity, and discourage dogs when they are becoming too aggressive or moody. We do everything in our power to ensure a safe environment for these dogs. We clean it from top to bottom daily, and we keep attendants on the floor to watch the dogs while they are in daycare. We play with them and love them all. I, as well as all of my coworkers, know every dog by name. This isn't just a place for people to dump there dogs during the day. We have gotten to know every dogs that has been in our care. We want to have a good relationship with every dog owner AND their babies that they bring through our doors.
    In our defense, to all those who are doubting our integrity, there are literally hundreds of satisfied customers who love us and appreciate the care we give, and only a few people, which I can count with just the fingers on my hands, who are dissatified with us and our services.
    Think and say what you want, but there is NO other place around other then Flying High Pet Resort that cares as much about your dogs as we do.

Molly's Mom May 29, 2009

Mollys pics

Molly's Mom May 29, 2009

I guess I am another EXCEPTION when my dog got attacked over a month ago and I still have not recieved anything in writing such as a sincere apology for my dog getting attacked by another dog in their care. I was asked to come pick up my dog and given the brush off . I took my own dog to the vet after she was attacked at Flying High. There is a vet right down the road from Flying High and my dog was not taken to see them after she was attacked in their care. I was an inconvenience to the owners after my dog was attacked.

If something happens to your dog there you better be prepared to find out what your rights are.

This is the 2nd time my dog was injured there. The first time, my dog got a cut on her leg and was bleeding when I picked her up. I showed this to Judi and she cleaned the wound. I LET IT GO because these things will happen. But, when my dog gets ATTACKED and I have to defend myself because the owner did not think she needed to see a vet...What does that say about CARING for your dog?

Look at the pictures and ask yourself Would you take your precious dog to a vet afetr being attacked? The wound is so close to her eye. The wound was also very deep. Judi did not see the wound because she was off work that day and too busy to check to see how my dog was when she was attacked at her business. If this was my business and one of my clients got injured, I would have dropped everything and been right there. That is the ETHICAL thing to do. That would show you care about your clients welfare. It's called having INTEGRITY!

Former Employee May 28, 2009

Please also see Flying High Doggie Daycare/ Boarding Camarillo CA — My Dog Got Attacked There with not as much as a vet visit

• Sm
    Smokey May 20, 2009

Injured pet

• Ra
    Ralph May 20, 2009

Flying High Pet Resort is the greatest place I have ever taken my dog. The staff is incredible and the owners are the most loving people I have ever dealt with. I would trust them with my child.

• De
    Denise May 19, 2009

We own two three-year old golden retreivers and one miniature schnauzer. They have had one-day grooming and boarding; one-week stays; and, even two-week stays. All three dogs are eager to go inside the dog area, love the staff, and there is a television in the lobby which one can view the dog area and dogs playing, running, etc. at all times. Our dogs are sad to leave, and have made many nice dog friends. They are always loved and always taken care of in a loving and caring manner. The staff at this pet resort is always kind to our family and we will always feel comfortable that our dogs are safe and well taken care of. Let go of whatever personal issues you have and stop attacking this facility and its staff. We have many reference points from vet boarding to house-pet-sitters and kennels, and Flying Pet Resort is a premium facility. Fondly, A very satisfied client

• Mi
    Mira's Mom Apr 28, 2009

First, let me say that I have a THREE YEAR history with Judy and I find it very hard to believe the above complaints! We have taken our German Shepard to Judy's paw spa and now Flying High Pet Resort for 3 years and have NEVER experienced any mistreatment at the hands of the owner and her staff. In fact, we have found them to be extremely loving and concerned with every aspect of our dog's care. Once when our dog was boarded she would not eat the food that we had provided so Judy went to the grocery store and purchased and cooked chicken so Mira would eat. Judy and staff have always been the first to notice hot spots or any potential problems and to check with us to see if we were aware of the problem. We could not ask for any better care for our Mira.Mira has always been very excited to go to day care and as stated above, if she was mistreated, that would not be true. We have boarded Mira at other facilities and NONE hold a candle to Flying High Pet Resort. I have never seen Judy, or her staff, treat any dog different, they are all special to Judy and her staff.
    PLEASE DO NOT JUDGE FLYING HIGH RESORT BASED ON THE ABOVE DISGRUNTLED INDIVIDUALS - THEY ARE THE EXCEPTION!
    Rusty Herman

• Ca
    Camarillo Gal Apr 26, 2009

My little Shih Tzu loves going to Flying High Pet Resort. He is greeted in the morning by a very caring staff and he nuzzles into their necks and gives them kisses. I don't believe he would do that if he was frightened to be there. He gets groomed there and they do a decent job. I really don't have any complaints and believe that my dog is quite well taken care of when in their care.

Former Employee Apr 26, 2009

Not true. A dog can get mats behind the ears in that amount of time. All it has to do it scratch it on a daily basis a few times a day. Just like if you were to scratch your head in the same spot a few times a day for six days and not brush it in between, it would get all knotted up. And I believe the only reason the dog had to be sedated was because the injury was made worse by the owner "trying" to remove it. I have seen the photograph and the wound on the face is quite severe, and looks like it has nothing to do with mats behind the ears.

I am happy that your dog is happy and that you have seen many happy dogs there. I can only hope that people will see what is written here and make up there own minds about the place. I am not going to tell people not to go there, because that is not my place. If some one asks me about the place I will tell them what I know and nothing more. If some one asks me if I know of a place that they can take their dog, I recommend a different place and say nothing about Flying High. I just trust and like the other place better.

As to the comments on this board, I will defend myself when needed, and will inform people of what I know about mats and things of that nature. I am not here to say mean or bad things about any one. I would hope that the owners would just take this board as a place for people to complain about their experience and leave it at that. That is what this board is all about.

• Ka
    Kat Apr 26, 2009

I disagree that only a FEW dogs are happy to go to flying high pet resort as I have personally seen MANY dogs coming and going that are very happy to be there and I don't believe they have favorites does your MOM? if so maybe I can understand why she does. If your not happy then just don't take your dog there! and move on. As for the post about the matt on the dogs ears you have to be kidding if you think it would only take 6 days to get matts so bad that your dog has to be sedated to fix the problem! Now really!

Former Employee Apr 26, 2009

I find it interesting that one of the owners daughter (Natasha) commented on this board.

Smokey please email me Peace To Ya on aol.

And as far as the other former employee... I find it quite strange that you would say you were also recently fired and yet you are using the flyinghigpetresort user name. Seems a bit strange to me...

I will say that yes I agree there are a FEW dogs that are happy to go there... Those are the "favorites" they get the attention and the play.

• Na
    Natasha Apr 23, 2009

My Name is Natasha and I work at Flying high pet resort . I love working there and caring for your dogs. All the staff here do . We love playing with them and giving them lots of kisses . The owners would not hire us unless we love animals. That's one of the things that I love about this place. How much we all care .I love all the dog like there my owe .

These things that people are saying about us not only hurt the owners but it hurts all of us here that work so hard to take care of your baby's . Know one here wants any of our dogs sad or hurt we do the best to make sure they are all happy and safe.

people get mad and say things before thinking how its going to affected the world or how things can be made worse by lashing out instead of calmly talking about it and making everyone happy. common ground is the dog comes first. both sides can agree on that.

I'm sorry that people are not happy because they had to pay there owe vet bill but I will tell you if dogs could talk they would say Mom, Dad wait a minute they didn't want anything bad to happen to me . I really had a great time there and they loved on me a lot and would never do anything to hurt me . I'm so happy I want to go back. Dog is Good. Thanks for listening to me . Love Natasha :)

• Sm
    Smokey Apr 23, 2009

I am the owner of the one -year old Golden Retriever who was irate over the quality of care that my Dog received at this infamous so called "Resort". Let the truth show light the way, not devious business practices. I delivered my Golden to the facility on Saturday and the condition of his coat could only be rated as excellent and can be attested to by several witnesses. We called the facility the next Wednesday to inquire on the status of our Golden and were told: "He's having a lot of fun." We were due to return home and pick up our Dog on Saturday. This detestable facility decided to check our Dog out on Friday (6 days after his arrival) and at that time, discovered terrible matting behind both ears and a serious wound on his right cheek. The owner (Judy) has no documentation or witnesses that my Dog came into her facility in the same condition that we picked him up. When I interviewed the personnel at the facility, none of the personnel could attest that they actually physically inspected our Dog on his arrival at the facility until the following Friday.
    I recommended to Dawn that the facility initiate a new business practice of photographing the Dogs upon their arrival to document their exact physical condition. Counter point to Judy's misrepresentation of the truth: She presented my Wife with a "report card" on our Golden and at no time did she advise that we take our Golden to the Vet.

After we brought our Dog home, and numerous failed attempts to relieve our Golden's pain and suffering, I took him to The Las Posas Vet Clinic. The Vet was required to sedate our Golden and shave the matted hair and the injured Right jaw. Our bill was $150.00. While my Golden was being sedated, I visited Judy and Dawn at the infamous Flying High Pet Resort. I requested to discuss the incident with Judy in a private room next to the main lobby. I presented my facts and observations to Judy who, lost total emotional control and stormed out of our meeting. Judy had the audacity to blame me as the cause of my Golden's condition. I subsequently met with Judy's partner Dawn who was much more professional and easy to speak with. I requested that the facility pay for one half of my Vet bill. Dawn stated that they could not, but would provide several free visits for our Golden in the future. In our opinion, sending our Golden back to this facility would be unacceptable. The only reason that I did not file a legal complaint against the facility was due to the fact that Dawn had informed me that Judy's Mother had just passed away. I was extremely upset and angry at the cruel treatment that my Golden received at this facility, but I do have compassion for my fellow man. I decided against the legal option and chalked this up to a bad lesson learned. All I can do is spread the word of TRUTH! Judy is not telling the truth. Shame on you for playing on my sympathy and compassion! After Judy's aforementioned false statements, I am considering a legal recourse. If any potential customers would like to view pictures that document the torture that my Golden received at this facility, please post your email below. If you love your pets, please don't take them to this pet warehouse! The pet loving public needs to become informed before a real tragedy occurs. God Bless you and your pet.

• Ka
    Kat Apr 23, 2009

My dog has been going to flying high pet resort for about 8 months. They are wonderful caring people, he can't wait to get inside that should be your first clue as an aware dog owner - if he was being treated badly you couldn't drag him in the place! All I have to say to him is do you want to go to school (as we call it) and he runs to the door to get in the car! He comes home happy and tired from all the activity and loving care he receives durning his stay. I have also borded him here and I have no complaints he was well taken care of I feel so LUCKY to have found such a wonderful facility that truly loves your dog as one of their own and the staff is truly OUTSTANDING! I understand you can't make everyone happy but I also understand some people are just plain mean and want to hurt people you should be ashamed of yourself! WE LOVE FLYING HIGH - Diesel & Family

• Judy Arnold Apr 17, 2009

that remark was aimed toward that guy named Joe. You say you're a former employee, when did you work there? I was terminated also and I'm trying to contact the employee who said she was wrongfully fired. I think we may have a case.

Former Employee Apr 16, 2009

Point proven with the chicken S*** remark. Thank you.

• Judy Arnold Apr 16, 2009

I am a current employee of flying high pet resort. I think this is one of the best places i have ever worked at. the employers are hard working, honest people who have the utmost of integrity and run this business out of true love for our dogs. If you think they are in this business for the sake of making money, you are dead wrong! They do this because they genuinely love animals. Please stop posting such hurtful, damaging, lies about flying high pet resort. Just because you disagreed with something, does not give you the right to write false accusations about them. We are all trained in dog behavior and keep a very clean, healthy, and fun environment for your dogs to enjoy. 99 out of 100 customers love us. As for the few miserable people out there who are NEVER SATISFIED with anybody or anything, I say, "get a life" and get a reality check!

Former Employee Mar 14, 2009

Recently the above has been brought to my attention. This is the employee spoken of in the response above. I have not been hostile towards any one at flying high pet resort. I have always conducted myself in a professional manor. As to the allegations stated, I have contacted the police myself and they have no record of any reports or complaints. I am not being sued, and have informed the owner's lawyer that any further slander will result in a suit against flying high pet resort owners. There has been no communication between myself and anyone at or representing flying high pet resort in over 4 months. My advice is always buyer beware.

Anonymous Mar 11, 2009

This is Joe, in response to the above, I did call and as I said before was called a liar and was hung up on. Speak to your staff and find out who it was before stating otherwise. I do have a legitimate complaint and I did call you read the comment again. I am not going to call, and I am not going to give you my last name because I do not wish to be harassed anymore. I put this up as a warning to others. They can believe me and the other two people or they can believe you, that is up to them. My family and my friends now the truth, and I am sure Chris and Richard agree with me. As for your responses, I don't believe a word of them, and I hope other don't as well.

• Ow
    Owner, Flying High Pet Resort Mar 05, 2009

I am the owner and I am responding to these complaints The owner of the golden retriever brought his dog to our facility for boarding. I noticed the dog had severe matting behind the ears -- due to the owner's neglect. In 6 years of grooming, I have NEVER seen such severe matting behind the ears. Because we care deeply about our dogs in our care, I attempted to remove the matts and after 30 minutes of trying to help this dog I realized this should be done in a vet's office just in case the vet cut the ears -- the matts were that bad. I wrote a note to the owner suggesting that he bring his dog to the vet immediately for them to remove these matts. This owner should have thanked us for trying to help his dog. But instead he tried to blame us for matts that could only have been there for a very very long time. When his dog left our facility, the dog had absolutely no marks on his face other than the matts behind the ears. This owner knows he is lieing -- shame on him. The owner wanted to place the blame on us instead of accepting responsibiity for his dog. At the end of our very lengthy discussion, it finally came out that the owner wanted us to pay his vet bill.

I can honestly say that there is NO facililty that cares more about the animals in their care than ours. We have dedicated staff and only hire people who really love dogs. Believe me, in these hard times we are making no money. We do this because we deeply love dogs more than anything. But we realize that we cannot please everybody and that there are some people who are never satisfied and will look for anything to complain about.

We terminated an employee last year who became very hostile towards us -- we have issued her a letter from our attorney that she is to cease and desist. The police have been involved and she is being sued for slander.

We welcome the public to our facility anytime during business hours. We are very very proud of what we do. Every dog that comes to our facility is happy and well cared for. Unfortunately there are some very troubled people out there . We have encounted the occasional customer who tries to get something for free from us. We stand proud and honest in our attempt to provide each and every dog with the love, care, and respect they deserve. Too bad we can't say the same thing for the owners. And finally, not one of our staff would EVER have called a customer a liar and hung up on them. Get real, people.

And finally, Joe, what is your last name? I'd like to call you about your dog. What is your dog's name? If you have a legitimate complaint, why didn't you call us? I don't believe this story for one minute. Joe, please give us a call and talk to us about your dog if this is really a true story.

So, in closing to our public, we have hundreds of customers who tell us every day that their dogs love us and that we have helped them and their dogs more than anybody else or any other facility ever. We welcome your visits, phone calls, and questions. Please come by and see for yourself.

Joe Feb 27, 2009

I agree with the person who first put this complaint up! And it looks to me like they are making up the stuff about the employee thing. I took my dog there recently and she came home shaking and ran and hid under the bed for hours. When she finally came out I noticed that she was limping and when I went to touch her leg, she yelped. When I called to ask what happened to my dog I was told that nothing happened and that she probably got it jumping into the car. When I told them that she did not jump into or out of the car, I was called a liar and hung up on. I hope more people read this board and decide not to go there, so hopefully they will have to close.

Chris Feb 21, 2009

This message is being posted to warn others to avoid using the Flying High Pet Resort. We boarded our dog for 1 week at this facility. When we picked him up, he had an infected wound on the right side of his face as well as numerous mats around his ears. Our vet had to sedate our dog in order to clean up his wounds and remove the horrific matting. Needless to say, he was put on antibiotics to clear up his infected wounds. Do you think the owners offered to cover the vet bill...OF COURSE NOT! One of the owners even had the audacity to accuse us of bringing him in that way! Spare yourself and your pets any agony and avoid this place at all costs. My other recommendation it to the owners. Take responsibility for the injuries that occur to the poor animals that are under your watch or you will surely loose customers one tragic case at a time.

• Judy Arnold Dec 30, 2008

I find it very interesting that not only is this not true information that you are giving, but it was posted on the same day we let a employee go and we do not have a customer by that name ... Richard Grove ... we are very loving to all are animals. They get the best of care .