Florida Travel Enterprisesfraud

M

they also go under royal tours and itours. they are a scam. they call you after they tell you that you have won something. DO NOT give them any information. they will send you a phoney package and thats it.

• Ni
    NicoleRiel Nov 11, 2009

Please tell me how to get my money back from these people.

• Do
    Dominator Nov 25, 2009

I also received a phone call from Steve Dolan [protected] or [protected] and told me that "YOU WON A TRIP PACKAGE for 4 people for 11days In Orlando-3days, Daytona-2 days, Fort Lauderdale-3 days, and Bahama Resort-3 days". To claim this package, I have to pay them $199 for each person, but they discount for free to the other 2 people, so I only pay $398 for the package if I claim it, and have to pay right away. I think this is a scam, so I hung up. IF YOU WIN SOMETHING AND ASK FOR MONEY, THAT MEANS "IT IS A SCAM" for sure.

• Hu
    Husband scammed Dec 04, 2009

Please call the Florida Dept of Consumer Services [protected]) to file a complaint. This company has had numerous complaints. Also file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission -- they will not investigate until they have numerous complaints on a business. If it is less than 30 days from purchase they must return your money under statute Section 559.933 (they will also use this against you). When you contact the Florida Dept of Consumer Services - request the entire recorded conversation. Look at Section 559.9335 which are violations to the above section # -- I am sure that many of these where violated like telling you there are other forms of payment except your credit card. Also be very consistent --- keep after him. When the Florida Dept of Consumer Services tries to close your complaint -- refile. If the complaint is closed and you do not refile it is looked at as satisfactory. Also, file another complaint with the Better Business Bureau -- this company is rated an F. The company's corporate/ legal name is Floyd Townsend Associates, Inc. IN ADDITION, if you went to a show of some type where you filled out the form to win something --- make a complaint to them (they will be interested). Tell them the BBB rating, as well as documented info from internet, and complaint listing with the state, as well as federal trade commission. If you don't get your money back -- I would use my energy to make sure he wished he would have. Also you can call you credit card company and tell this it was fraud and the documented cases -- they will refund your money and he will have to dispute that. If the credit card give him back the money because of the statute -- then go to refile the issue with the credit card because you have the right to disput it. This will supposedly cost him fees each time you do it. Hope this helps some.

No Sun Feb 17, 2010

I also had this call after entering my name into a draw at a local Wine and Food show. I normally do not give out my credit information over the phone, but I remember entering this draw, so it seemed reasonable (duh for me). By the end of the conversation with the agent, I had changed my mind, just based on the fact that it sounded like a time share deal. Right after I called my credit card company to make sure no charges went through. Sure enough, there were charges for over the said amount and others pending. SCAM.

• Ga
    GayleOnt Apr 12, 2010

Florida Travel Enterprise also called us. They had ballets for a free trip at the London Ontario Motorcycle Show. Same usual scam..tell you that you have won a trip then ask for a credit card number. My husband had to hang up on the guy (Keith Phillips) because he wouldnt stop arguing with him about the credit card. NEVER give your credit card to ANYONE over the phone. If they need your credit card number and you cant call and check them out prior to giving it to them...DONT do it. My husband told him to send us the deal, let us have some time to check out the company to make sure it was legit, and then we would make a decision. He told us NO..you have this phone call only, and if you dont give us your credit card, you wont get the trip. My husband said CYA LATER..and hung up.
    If [protected] comes up on your phone...dont answer it..or pick up your phone and hang it up right away..dont get sucked in.

• Lo
    Lorimhv25 Apr 21, 2010

Can someone please tell me what the real "scam" is? I mean are you going to get there and the hotel is bad? Or is it just that you have to listen to a presentation? I keep hearing its a scam, but nobody is saying what the scam is.
    Can anyone help me out? We thought we actually won a vacation, but now I am scared to go! What should I do??

• Ro
    RobertErd Feb 03, 2011

I was at a bridal show and signed up for this vacation and they called and asked for our credit card number we went. Through with it and within days we had our package information and have been talking to the travel agent guy everyday making sure that everything is done he explained the whole thing from begging to end w/ me and as soon as I faxed n our days for our vacation he called me w/ in minutes and explained how long it would take and when our reservation would be confirmed. If this is a. Scam sign me up anytime this guy has been nothing but helpful and very nice. The only thing they require from u is 90 minutes for a time share. And think about it if you don't have the money for time share in the first place then u can't buy it anyways so there nothing they can say or do to make you purchase it.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices