Florida Power And Lightincorrect billing

On June the 6th we had moved in and had Florida Power and light turn on our electricty.
We did receive 5 months worth of bills from them, and we did make our payments on time.
Our average bill was about 125.00 a month. This last bill I received stated that I owed
them over $1000.00 in power. I had called to ask why. According to them they have been
estimatating my usage and not getting an actual reading on my meter. Their reasoning was
that there was no access to the backyard. When we first got here there were to gates.
We did bring it down to one when on of the old fences fell down. There has only been 2
readings on my meter since we have been here. The only option with them is for me to pay
for an estimated bill not based on actual readings. We have always had someone here.
Our youngest one is in VPK and she is out by 11:30 and she is here with her mother or aunt.
Not once did FPL make an effort to contact us stating there was an issue regarding the
meter readings. They state that their readers are not authorized to knock on the door to
get access to the back yard. We do have dogs but we have always put them up when we have
had contractors or delieveries at the house.