Having problems with FloorMall.com?

402 Otterson Dr., Ste 100
Sun6:00 AM - 4:00 PM
floorbiz.com

Complaints & Reviews

Poor Customer Sevice

I ordered tile for my basement. It was delivered on 2 large pallets wrapped in plastic. Not a problem - The...

Very poor customer service and damaged products

I ordered $2300 worth of flooring from Floormall two months ago. The product, when delivered, was destroyed in shipping and I refused the product. I immediately notified Floormall who told me the shipping damage was my problem. Additionally, I was told that the claim with the shipping company could take as long as 135 days, that's 4 1/2 months of concrete living. Today I am out $2300, living on concrete floors and Floormall has made no effort to assit or communicate with me. Do not order product from this company. Find a local source and pay a little more. It is worth the assurance that product will be delivered prompty, undamaged and that you will not have to live with someone elses mistakes.

• Updated by Floormall · Jul 12, 2010

I apologize that you feel that you were treated unjustly. We make every effort to resolve customer claims as quickly and efficiently as possible. The material on your shipment was damaged by the shipping company and we are working very hard to get your claim with them resolved. The time frame you were given for resolution of your claim was based on federal guidelines for the worst case scenario. You have made the correct moves in documenting the damage and this should help to bring this issue to quick outcome. The company will make every effort to expedite your claim. We in no way mean for you to feel that this is all your problem. All paperwork and processes are being handled by our company and we will be updating you as we receive updates from the shipping company. Feel free to contact us at any time with questions you may have.

Tammy Lawhorne
    FloorMall.com
    888-WEB-FLOORS ext 110
    FloorMall.com
    [email protected]

Wouldn't give full refund after informing us of 1 month delivery delay.

We ordered floor tiles on Friday, July 17, 2009. When we came back from taking care of my father on Tuesday, July 21, 2009 the floormall.com salesperson had called to tell us they couldn't get the tiles in until the middle of August. We said that would be too long. We needed them right away. They sent us a cancellation form to fill out, sign, and return to them. We did, and then got another call from them. They said we couldn't cancel our order.
They kept over $350.00 of our money.

A. Syrinek

• Updated by Floormall · Aug 14, 2009

Floormall.com strives to fulfill every order in a timely manner. Our stated goal is to save our customers time and money. We deeply regret if this customer did not understand our posted cancellation policies. However this customer is not being 100% truthful about why he chose to cancel his order. This customer placed his order online, without calling to check lead times or availability. This customer’s true reason for cancelling his order was that we could not get the specific dye lot he was requesting. He spoke with two representatives in our office regarding this after the fact of placing his order. Floormall.com terms and policies state that we cannot order by particular dye lot but only by particular SKU# a fact that was explained to this customer. Floormall.com was poised and ready to deliver the product the customer ordered and had already incurred an expense related to this order.

Bad service and bad company to work with

While shopping for hardwood floor, I found Floormall.com and I initiated a call. Sales person promptly returned my calls. During our conversation, sales person guaranteed that hardwood floor that I wanted to buy was in stock. I asked repeatedly same question, if hardwood was available, and I was always given assurances that was the case and that I would need to rush my payment in order to make reservation. I indicated to sales person that I am traveling oversees in ~10 days and repeatedly asked if delivery could be made in that timeframe. Again, confirmation and assurances from floormall.com sales person came in (3 times). So I decided to make a purchase and pay for the floor I wanted. Do I need to mention that payment was processed within 1h after I faxed my signature on purchase order.

A day after payment was settled, I called floormall.com to confirm everything is ok, and only then truth comes in where sales person says the floor is backordered since it's a special order??? To make things worse, after making a payment, I scheduled a hardwood installation at my home since I got so firm assurances that everything will be in my house when needed. Not to mention that I needed to make down payment in order to secure contractor to work in my house while away.

My whole situation was communicated to florrmall.com and I get a promise that somebody would get back to me to give me some options. Of course, same as for customer above, no response at all from floormall. com. In fact, every time I called, I was given assurances that somebody from management would call me back - but NO ONE responded; not even one call from anybody - even after 8days. And everytime I called and asked for supervisor to talk to, manager was always busy and on the phone with other customer; and not returning my call even after insisting one needs to be returned.

Today, I called to cancel my order, and I am told that can not happen (return policy expired???). No wonder no one returns calls. So, I am left with no hardwood floor at the moment (special order), no firm date for delivery, downpayment taken by contractor that was used to reserve work and without possibility to cancel my order.

My suggestion is, AVOID this company and it should be your last option to purchase hardwood floor from.
Not to mention that I left a voice message to CEO (Mr. Owner) that commented above as well; Of course, outcome is expected - NO CALLS RETURNED.

• Updated by Floormall · Jul 16, 2008

Dear Igor,
    We apologize for the miscommunication regarding your order. We have issued a credit to your account already.
    Again, we here at floormall.com are sorry for the mistake and appreciate your understanding
    in this matter.

Marc Henderson
    President/CEO
    Floormall.com

• Ig
    Igor Jul 16, 2008

I have since spoken to Joe Magiano (Manager) and he was very helpful in addressing my issue. He offered me a refund as a compensation for my situation. I no longer have any complaints about this company.

Igor

• Dp
    dproxy Feb 11, 2011

this company is horrible!!! They lie Lie Lie. My floors had to be ripped out twice already because of them. Either purchase with an AMEX so you can do a chargeback or buy form many other places that sell much better floors.

Erik

Bad product!

I purchased an engineered 5 inch teak floor from Floormall. My salesman was James Nance, He pushed his own "in house" brand saying that it was better than other named brand flooring because it had a thicker wear layer. The boxes came in torn and the wood looked warped. After emailing pictures he assured me that it would install fine. What a disaster! Within 2 weeks It developed cracks throughout the whole floor and I need to replace it. What a waste of $5,000.00. When I called to complain the importer/manufacturer sent an inspection company to come down, needless to say they blamed it on my house having a relative humidity level of 23%. (they lied on another posting saying my wood was not acclimated, however the report clearly says that it was properly acclimated). I also purchased a named brand floor at the same time and its perfect, not one crack!. After speaking with two other inspection companies, it seams that Relative humidity does play a part however not to the extent of what happened. They cautioned against purchasing cheap products manufactured in China even though it is milled in South America as they are are very prone to falling apart in all but the most perfect environments. If you do purchase a floor from these people make sure you purchase a named brand as they do not warranty the products they sell, you will need to deal with the manufacturer. I could not even get a returned phone call from Mr. Henderson (The Owner) after leaving several phone messages and emails. If you do take a chance on their brand (I highly do not recommend it) make sure the humidity in your house is between 35 and 50 percent at all times, Which is not so easy if you live in the North East as I do.

• Updated by Floormall · Feb 12, 2008

Dear Reader,

As per our terms and policies Floormall.com does not warranty flooring products. All of our manufacturers warranty their own products. This customer purchased 5" BRAZILIAN Teak flooring that is produced in South American hence "BRAZILIAN Teak" - not China. After contacting the manufacturer of this particular product about the customer complaint the manufacturer sent out an unbiased flooring inspector which was recommended by NOFMA (National Oak Flooring Manufacturers Association). After inspection, the inspector came to the conclusion that the product was not properly acclimated. Below are the links to the report directly from the Inspection Company. We do our best to satisfy every customer. As you can see with our BBB report we do have some complaints over the last 5 years but have taken care of any issue that has surfaced and will do so in the future.
    Marc Henderson
    Floormall.com

Damaged material, calls not returned, threats

The flooring delivered was both damaged and defective. Floormall refused to return our calls once we...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices