Fleck 5600 economindercost way to high for the Fleck 5600 metered water conditioner, in which we purchased thru the Florida Water testing, Inc.

W

Florida Water Testing mailed us a card asking to test the water in our home, my wife filled it out and mailed it back to them. This company called us twice and sent out cards thru the mail, with in a week a Mr. George A. Beltz came to our residence to test our water. Upon completion of the test, he informed us that the water is definitley hard water, caring alot of debris, that he said is unsafe to drink, wash clothes, etc. Mr. Beltz in turn gave us a quote of different systems plus the price. Not knowine prices ourselves, my wife and I agreed to purchase this product, with in minutes an installer came out after Mr. Beltz had contacted the Florida Water Testing office. The date of the test and installation was 11/18/08, all in one day, for which i find very suspicious. After careful consideration, my wife and i said, quote "something is wrong here", after pricing other models and makes of water conditioners. I find that the price of other walter conditioners from Home Depot & Lowes are priced way lower than the price we payed($3254.00), forwhich we paid in full.
I inturn contacted the office on 11/17/08, and this lady answered the phone, who was very rude, I inturn asked to speak to the manager, but she said he was not available, but would get back in touch with us. Well no one has called us back. Even though the contract says 3 buisness days, we feel that most companys give you at least 30 days to cancel. that in turn is very suspious to me. We are retired folks and do not appreciate being ripped off like this. Your help in this matter is appreciated.

• Sh
    Shirin Jindal Nov 22, 2008

I liked the content on this site. Would like to visit again. http://www.chennaiflowerplaza.com

• Bp
    bpierce1 Sep 17, 2009

I called my mother in Florida who also sent in a card from Florida Water Testing, Inc. Tony happened to be there when I called. They were going to have her finance a $2495 "reverse osmosis" water filtration system. She put him on the phone and I asked him some serious questions. He couldn't tell me the manufacturer of the system. I googled Florida Water Testing and with the street view - it looks like a front. I also got the same lady who tried to wow me with the "reverse osmosis" line. I did finally find similar systems for around $500. Unfortunately my mom gave Tony her ss# and drivers license # and DOB for him to set up a finance agreement. So we are a little worried...

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices