Flagship Merchant Services Logo

Flagship Merchant Services

Having problems with Flagship Merchant Services?

Flagship Merchant Services reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Feb 20, 2009. The latest review Contract cancellation was posted on Feb 1, 2017. The latest complaint Unauthorized Withdrawals was resolved on Dec 27, 2012. Flagship Merchant Services has an average consumer rating of 4 stars from 11 reviews. Flagship Merchant Services has resolved 8 complaints.

Flagship Merchant Services Customer Service Contacts

+1 888 995 6805 (Customer Service)
+1 617 286 7060 (Head Office)
100 City Square, 4th Floor
Charlestown, Massachusetts
United States - 02129-3730

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Flagship Merchant Services Customer Service. Initial Flagship Merchant Services complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Flagship Merchant Services above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Flagship Merchant Services. Discuss the issues you have had with Flagship Merchant Services and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Flagship Merchant Services Complaints & Reviews

Flagship Merchant ServicesContract cancellation

On 2-12-15 I signed a contract with Flagship Merchant Services for the card processing fees. Shortly after that the contract was cancelled by my nephew, Jake Danieri. However, we continued to be charged a service fee each month for a service we were not receiving. I have written to this company twice regarding this issue, with no response. The reason we didn't notice the charge right away was because all of our bills go directly the accountant.

Flagship Merchant ServicesUnauthorized Withdrawals

They refused to put through our credit card charges even after threatening to hold our money for 180 days. Sara Lopez with I-Payments even threatened to put us out of business. Our account rep., Michael Sarnese, would not do a thing - no returned phone calls or emails. Two weeks after I closed my account, Flagshhp debited our company account for over $400. I tried to file fraud affidavits with my bank, but they set up the charges so I only had 24 hours to do so. I didn't spot them in time. I had to close my account to keep them from taking out any more money. That's the way this scam works: Sign up, they make you cancel, then they rob your bank account.

Flagship Merchant ServicesThieves

I had a merchant account from these thieves and they stole more that $10, 000 dollars from me in hid!

• En
          end0512 Jul 23, 2012

I'm going though it right now :( not too confident after reading all your reviews... God help me!!!

Marie Hines May 03, 2012

I am extremely displeased with the services I received from this company. Flagship Merchant Services does not operate at all like the representative stated to me before my enrollment a week ago. Last Friday, when I called Customer support, I got bullied to the extreme from a representative called Joseph (Risk Department) who flat out refused to let me speak to any supervisor, when I asked to and later on in the conversation just hang up the phone on me. Today(Monday)I just found out that the above mentioned Joseph, closed my account without my permission on Friday after talking to me.He didn't have the decency, or/and the ethic to send me an email or to call to inform me about his decision.So my business was without payment means all weekend until today. When I called him today, he was very arrogant and condescending towards me and he bullied me anew. Also he informed me that according to my contract he can close my account without stating any reason. He wouldn't explain anything to me and threaten to hang up the phone. Furthermore he informed me that the funds of the two(2) transactions ($approximately $1700) that were made from my business through this company within that week membership, will be held up to 90 days for "security purposes". He would not explain further. I tried to call a supervisor or/and manager without success, but was always directed back to that representative: Joseph. Today has been 2 and a half weeks and I still do not have my funds and I still did not receive no call, no emails from Flagship Merchant Services. My business has a legal umbrella along with business insurance, and I am going to look for legal counsel because of unfair practices and loss of gain. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY, as they are a bunch of scam artists that will sit on your money for ever and treat you like garbage.This is by far the worst customer service I ever experimented. Believe me no one show have to deal with such rude, disrespectful, dishonest people.

Marie Hines May 03, 2012

You are a 100% right about the fraudulent methods of Flagship Merchant Services.
          Our small business merchant account has been closed, without our knowledge, within only a week after being opened, after only two(2) successful customers transactions and our company no longer use your merchant account services. However we still did not receive the money of the two (2) transactions that were made through your company almost two (2) weeks ago, although we faxed to your company as requested the following supporting documents for those transactions: - name, address and private phone number of customer - bank address, phone number of customer's issued credit card that was used for the transaction(s) - copy of order confirmation email for that transaction sent by customer Our company did not receive any call nor any email regarding the reason (s) why the funds for these transactions have not been released yet. Nor have we, I as stated in an earlier phone conversation received a phone call from a supervisor or a manager or even a corporate representative, to discuss any of our issues with Flagship Merchant service, as urgently requested days ago to you and other representatives.

Flagship Merchant Services — Flagship Merchant Services. Fraud Theft

Flagship Merchant Services. Fraud Theft I had a merchant account from these thieves and they stole more that...

Flagship Merchant ServicesHorrible Customer Service

Flagship Merchants Services is a horrible company to do business with. The representatives are not friendly at all. They are anxious to have you sign on with them, but act irritated when there's a mistakes on their end & are very slow to help correct the issue. Over $100 in extra fees were taken out of my account & they refused to accept their mistakes & continued to tell me that the fees weren't coming out when they were. I finally ended up cancelling my account with them. They were so rude about the whole thing.

Flagship Merchant ServicesMTOT withdraws

The monthly ACH from my checking account has been roughly $30.00 a month for the MTOT (Monthly Total Charges). I got hit with a surprise $99.00 "annual compliance fee" and they withdrew $146.02 - a HUGE hit for my skeletal checking account. I can't even pay my rent now.
          Earlier when speaking with the company (Flagship Merchant Services/Authorize.net/etc. - there's a few companies involved...very confusing.) I was informed that there was no way they could let me know in advance, even through an e-mail warning how much money was going to be deducted from my checking account.
          Not okay with me. I"ve cancelled and moved over to Propay. Check them out.

do NOT sign up with Flagship Merchant Services, or you'll be sorry.

Flagship MerchantThey Stole my money

On Sept 5. I started running payment with them. On Oct 5 they told me that I went over my Limit which I did not and that they are closing my account. Nobody in there office really knows whats going on. They have the worst customer Service in America. To top it all off they are now saying that they are going to hold my money for 6 months. This is Bull***t. Warning...Do not use these guys ever... I Sueing the company now.

FirsData / Flagship merchant — Fraud, Illegal

This company did very bad to me, big time scam...They sign me up very quick and as soon that I start using...

Flagship Merchant ServicesTechnical Support

These guys have been a real headache. First it took them 2 months (and $60 in additional charges which I STILL haven't been reimbursed for, but keep being promised I will) before they finally gave me the machine I needed. Then the other day they somehow "switched off" my merchant account so I couldn't get my charges approved. In this mess one of my transactions went missing and in the process of trying to figure out how to correct this I somehow wound up talking to Adam in technical service, the biggest ### I've ever had the displeasure of speaking to. He cut me off numerous times. raising his voice and sighing loudly when I was trying to explain to him what we had already figured out in the conversations I had previously had with the other tech support people. He was arrogant, easily irritated and had an anger problem. I tried to call back to inform the supervisor and was told I had to call different numbers and finally I reached a lead supervisor, explained to him the problem and then was told that he wasn't the correct supervisor for this, though he did apologize(and I appreciated that) he also could only offer to write a note in my file. Even though adam really got under my skin, I have to say, I love my sweet sales rep Billie. She's very patient and understanding. Personally I think this company's main disfunction is communication. I feel like I'm dating a boyfriend that likes to take his anger out on me and then apologize with flowers later. If he doesn't shape up I'll be dumping his ### pretty soon.

• Do
                  Doug Myers Nov 29, 2010

I can't find out where these guys are located. No addresses are available that I can find anywhere. Are they hiding?

Flagship Merchant ServicesBait and Switch

This company got me to sign up quoting certain fees and that there would be plenty of technical support available. After taking more money than they said they would out of my account, they refused to provide technical support with integrating their card taking interface into my company's web site. Their online documentation was apocryphal, bordering on a flat out lie, was completely out of date and providing absolutely no help whatsoever.

I challenged the set up charge with my bank and told them I would not continue to do business with them. That was back in July/August of 2008.

I recently opened up a new credit card processing account with a more reputable organization. In the process of taking an American Express charge, I was approved, but the money never made it into my account. American Express decided (after sending me a welcome pack with a merchant number) that they didn't want to do business with my company. I lost the merchandise ($225 worth) and found out it was because my company had been placed on the Terminated Merchant List or something like that. Flagship had abused this list just to take revenge on me! This is CRIMINAL! If anyone decides to put together a class action suit against these clowns, I'm in!

• Do
                    donewrng Aug 26, 2009

I have also been done wrong in my opinion by First Data. First they solicit our business. we jump through all of their hoops and then...3 weeks later...they hold our payments...they paid them fine in the beginning and then all of a sudden, with no communication, just held our payments...to the tune of about 1000 dollars. Then when I called they Make up some ridiculous scenario about protection themselves. I explained that I had done nothing...I have had no complaints about my site...no chargebacks...not even so much as a declined card. But they claim they are able to hold our money, that they sure charged processing fees on, for up to seven months. They said this is because that is how long the credit card users have to file a dispute. I believe that they have a list of business models that they do not want to work with...and they knowingly allow you to start and then hold funds. Think of how many people they do this to and how many 1000 dollar scenarios there probably are. It seems very close to a scam to me. They are ruining hard working Americans Businesses and I agree with the poster that someone should start a class Action against them. Lets continue to pursue this and see where it takes us. Lets not take this from CROOKS like First Data. They have other shady practices also involving the payment mode in which they help you setup your site with ...then later ask for information that is not provided by THEIR option and tell you that if you do not have that information that they may have to terminate with you. It is shady no matter how you slice it.

Mary Adams May 03, 2009

Looks like the processor that Flagship uses, First Data did this to you, not Flagship. Most people think that just because they got set up with xyz company, that xyz must do everything. That is not the case with merchant services. Most companies like Flagship are called ISO's or independent sales organizations. They partner with processors like First Data to facilitate the transaction processing. Flagship is an ISO for First Data I found and they do have some very positive feedback from many customers...

Flagship Merchant Services — Abusive Business Practices

Signed up for Merchant Services on February 4, 2009. I have a small internet business and wanted to be able...