Fitness HubBogus Charge

I have a bogus charge for 19.95 from a company called Fitness Hub on my debit card. I did not order anything from them nor did I elect any tuype of recurring charge on my bill. Last month I ordered Triothin and Colocure samples for 4.95 shipping. I cancelled it but now I am being charged this money for no reason. Triothin people will not assist me, say they did not charge it because it is a different name. I'm sure they charged it under a different nam, e.

• Cf
    cfcprc Mar 25, 2010

Yeah...I was also duped! I've been charged $39.95 a month by Fitness Hub (aka Get Trim Moves, Hub Healthy, and/or My Trainer)...they change their name every two months on their billing. They also charged $2.97 per month for for “Cost Kings.” These $2.97 charges are listed on my bank statement as “My Cost Freedom, ” “Warp Coup, ” “Cost Crasher, ” and/or “IWXWWW.SMASH-COST.COM" and they also change every two months. Called the 1-800 number today and all they would refund is one month of charges and claimed I authorized signing up for "My Fitness Hub" online trainer in June 2009, when I signed up for my "risk free" one month trial of Acai Advance. What a joke! I have now filed a fraud claim with Wells Fargo Bank.

jakr Feb 04, 2010

I was duped by this same on-line offer when I ordered a "free" sample of bromalite, which wasn't free at all. I didn't catch this additional monthly charge for this on-line fitness tracker as they call it for a year. $29.95 each month under different names...MyTrainer, Hub Healthy, Fitness Hub, Self Help, DJM LiftsyleFit are all billing names for fitfactory.com. Both companies (Dri Bromalite and fitfactory.com) told me it is clearly listed in the terms of agreement on the order page. I asked for a web page so I could see the clearly listed terms of agreement and was told the web-site was currently under construction. I'm sure it is. Apparently I was sent a welcome email to fitfactory. After much complaining I am supposedly being refunded for 3 months. We'll see.

• Sl
    slapem Nov 20, 2009

thank you so much i couldnt find the numbe there not putting thee digets on ur statment anymore so itlike a dead end and you guys had the digets posted thank you i finnaly was able to get it takin care of. YOUR HEALTHY HUB and COUPSAVING are to other scam companys for online work out help lol yeah ###ing right if you buy big time building stim you will also have 6 other companys trying to ### you all at the same time with out any lube totals come up to 292.56 a month in reoccuring charges

• On
    Online Customer Service Nov 18, 2009

Our company represents some of the Fit Factory programs which may show on a billing statement as Fitness Hub or other like descriptors. Fit Factory is a companion program that comes with various Dietary products and I apologize for any misunderstanding that might have occurred when you purchased your dietary supplement(s) online. Fit Factory offers our customers live chat support with licensed Fitness Trainers and Dietitians, flash galleries for yoga and workouts, links to recipes and can also assist with menu planning. This program also offers a variety of diets for special needs that can be customized to fit your nutrition and/or weight loss goals.

All pertinent information is provided before entering any method of payment information for your supplement - this provides you access to all the terms and disclosures, as well as Customer service numbers for your product and the companion program(s) that accompany it, for greatest support and success with your product.

Customer service for Fit Factory can be reached at [protected] hours a day, 7 days a week - and they will happy to assist you in trying to locate an account and addressing your concerns.

If you are another customer that is reading this and you have already tried customer service, but feel that we have failed you in some way or you feel you weren't treated fairly please call me directly at [protected], or email me at [email protected], I will be happy to address your concerns ASAP.

• On
    Online Customer Service Nov 06, 2009

I apologize for any misunderstandings that might have occurred when you were purchasing your dietary supplements online. Fit Factory/Fitness Hub program is a companion program that comes with various products of this type. It offers our customers a personal trainer you can converse with daily, pictures, music links; it offers links to recipes and menu planning. This program also offers a variety of diets for special needs that can be customized to fit your weight loss goals.

All pertinent information is provided for you before entering any method of payment information for your supplement. This provides you access to all the terms and disclosures as well as Customer service numbers for your product and the companion program that accompanies it for great support and success with your product.

For customer service you may call [protected] and they'll be happy to assist you with any further questions or concerns.

If you've already contacted customer service and feel you were not treated fairly or would like to discuss additional issues please contact me directly at [protected] or you may email me at [email protected] I will assist you immediately.

• Nj
    njmartinez Oct 05, 2009

I have another charge on my credit card from this company thaat I never heard of. I have not asked nor received any product from such. I have tried repeatedly to contact by phone with no result. The phone number given will not even ring.

• Ke
    Kendallzemp Sep 26, 2009

After making a legitimate purchase from GotBody.com, I started getting recurring charges of 29.95 monthly from "Fitness Hub". The phone number was answered after 20 minutes on hold, by an employee of a company contracted to handle inquiries for multiple websites. When I refused to give more than my name and zip code, I was put through to a supervisor. When I learned what Fitness Hub was, and that, indeed, I had not signed up for any such membership in this fitness website, I informed them that I had already reported these as fraudulent charges to my bank. They told me (how would they know?) that it's spelled out on the webpage that you are agreeing to this membership, and that they "attempted to send you an email, which unfortunately could have ended up in your spam filter..." I reiterated that this is fraudulent and dishonest, and hung up. They called within a few minutes and left a message saying they'd refund all my money. This "clearinghouse" company is apparently crooked too, given that they defended the Fitness Hub people and gave details about how the membership agreement is printed on the webpage. Somebody (with more time than me) should report them to the Attorney General... :)

• Ev
    eve stuart Sep 25, 2009

Didn't order and haven't received it, but I notice that I've been charged $4.95 on my credit card for this in July. And, now I'm being charged $19.95 twice in one month by Fitness Hub connected to my Tri-Slim "order." Strange...since I didn't order anything from Tri-Slim.
    Guess why I found this out this morning? My credit card company called to notify me that I've been a victim of ID theft and that my credit card is also being charged for a laptop, another Apple product, and for some jewelry.

And, guess what? They are investigating all of these charges, including the ones you and your companion cheesy fraud company is collecting and called me to let me know. You can't reimburse any costs...'cause they've cancelled my number and are issuing me another.

Hope you get into deep shyte from these fraud investigators. You're out there red-handed with all the other fraudulent credit card abusers. Hope you get shut down.

~Victim of credit card scams

• Bi
    Bill04 Sep 20, 2009

I was also charged on my Credit Card - as Smash-Cost.com for $2.97 and they looked up my account by my name and zip code and told me that I had another charge for $39.95 for Fitness Hub which I located on my charge card. They credited my Credit Card and closed ALL Accounts. Do a search for Smash-Cost.com and they will have a post for a number to call if your card has mysterious charges.

• Go
    got me again ## Sep 11, 2009

we also have charges. we are diligent not to accept free offers or trials. got slammed. (sorry for old school grammar)
    we are changing our credit card account number right away. we did okay for a couple years. they are out there around every corner. Gotbody.com has no soul or conscience.

• As
    assettoriot Sep 11, 2009

i ordered a 7 day trial of bromacleanse last month, I got the same $29.95 charge from fitfactory. I called the customer service number and apparently they tried to say that it was in an email that this fit thing would be attached to the bromacleanse or bromalite they called it. after i complained for 5 minutes she cancelled whatever it was they had me in and refunded me the $29.95 on my credit card. or at least she said it will be on the the next statement.

• Ba
    Bad Gotbody.com Sep 10, 2009

After making an online purchase from GotBody.com, my credit card received a charge of $29.95 from FitnessHub. This is a scam allowed by GotBody.com, do not purchase from that website.

I have made many previous purchases from GotBody.com with no problems, then they claim that on my last purchase I agreed to a 14 day free trial membership to Fitnesshub, and if not cancelled they begin charging my card $29.95 per month. The email confirmation from Gotbody.com does not list a membership to a different company. Going through the Gotbody.com purchase system, there is never an agreement presented to the customer, and their customer service people cannot produce the agreement. I called the fitnesshub [protected] number and a processing agent in the Philippines immediately agreed to refund my card, leaving the charge on my account for no more than 30 days. Her manager Mona Alera in the US gave me the Fit Factory address of 305 W Broadway #114, New York, NY 10013, and said they are not responsible for the interest charges resulting from their charge.

I called my credit card company, they said this charge will have a dispute filed against it and I will not be liable for the interest charges, and the Visa representative said they do get many disputes against Fitness Hub and Fitness Factory.

Do not purchase from GotBody.com, they are one of the companies giving the credit card information to Fitness Hub and Fitness Factory.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Our company represents some of the Fit Factory programs which may show on a billing statement as Fitness Hub. Fit Factory is a companion program that comes with various Dietary products and I apologize for any misunderstanding that might have occurred when you purchased your dietary supplement(s) online. Fit Factory offers our customers live chat support with licensed Fitness Trainers and Dietitians, flash galleries for yoga and workouts, links to recipes and can also assist with menu planning. This program also offers a variety of diets for special needs that can be customized to fit your nutrition and/or weight loss goals.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

DON'T BUY FROM GOTBODY.COM

I entered this complaint the morning of Sept. 10, 2009. The folks at GotBody and FitnessHub are keenly aware of their deceptive business practices, and they posted their comment to my complaint within two hours after I entered it at ComplaintsBoard.com.

Here is email correspondence from GotBody.com

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Dear Brittney (GotBody.com Customer Service),

There may be an already checked opt-out formatted signup on the last page, but this is after providing my credit card information for the agreed upon transaction. The signup is not part of the original transaction and you are not authorized to bill my card. I expect compensation for the interest accruing from my credit card company due to your unauthorized charge.

Your email states that GotBody.com is working on discontinuing your relationship with FitnessHub; however, complaints listed on ComplaintsBoard.com show GotBody has been aware of the problems since January, 2009, and possibly earlier. As of September 10, 2009, GotBody.com and FitnessHub are stilll in partnership and it does not appear that you are trying to end your deceitful practices.

K

--- On Thu, 9/10/09, Service <[email protected]> wrote:

From: Service <[email protected]>
    Subject: RE: Contact Us Enquiry
    To: k
    Date: Thursday, September 10, 2009, 12:27 PM

Hello K,

I completely understand your concern. The corporation that owns GotBody.com
    has decided to implement the Fit Club program on our website in order to
    remain competitive. There is a program sign-up on the last page of checkout,
    and it is an opt-out formatted sign-up. I apologize for any inconvenience
    you may have experienced from missing it. I have no problem cancelling your
    trial membership if it has not already been cancelled.

If you decide to order from us in the future, the option to sign up for this
    program will not show up as long as you sign in with the same email address.
    Our system is set up so that once you accept the offer you do not see it
    again. Additionally, our management team is working on discontinuing this
    affiliate program from our website. We do appreciate your business, and I
    apologize for the hassle. Please let me know if there is anything else I can
    help you with. Thank you. Have a wonderful day.

Yours in Health,
    Brittney (GotBody.com Customer Service)

-----Original Message-----
    From: k
    Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2009 8:30 AM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: Contact Us Enquiry

Mail From K

Last Name

I am a frequent customer of GotBody.com and recently received a bogus credit
    card charge from Fitness Hub or Fitness Factory after ordering from your
    site. There is no agreement to pay Fitness Hub or Fitness Factory during
    your order checkout procedure, and it is obvious your company intentionally
    submitted this unauthorized charge to my card. I will no longer purchase
    from GotBody.com.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

• Na
    Navsav Aug 31, 2009

I got charged tto realted to bromolit - however its not even on the bormolite terms of cancelling:

By submitting an order, You automatically receive a 12-day trial to the Bromalite Subscription . Your 12 day trial begins 3 days after the date of sign up to allow time for shipping. Once the customer's trial is active you have 12 days to decide whether to accept Your Subscription. Prior to the expiration of the 12-day trial period, You may cancel Your subscription by calling toll-free at [protected] or online at www.verifyyourorder.com, or by writing to Bromalite, Bromalite PO Box 2634-BRM Riverton, Ut 84065. Should You fail to cancel Your Subscription within the 12 day trial, You will be billed $69.95. Additionally, You will be billed $69.95 again 30 days from the Receipt Date to replenish Your supply and every month thereafter for Your monthly Subscription unless canceled by You.
    Your cancelation request has been submitted. Please allow 3 business days to process. You will not need to send any product back in order to have your request granted. Thank You

• Cu
    CustomerServiceDept Aug 29, 2009

I am sorry. I am authorizing a sexual fitness workout for you. Our agent will contact you shortly.

• Pe
    peopleshouldbehonest Aug 29, 2009

Same same - $29.95 on my card TWICE in one month, and the month before $29.95 charged by The Fit Clique, an online weight loss company. They demanded I give confidential information ( credit card number ) in order to discuss the claim.

CURIOUS (NOT!) : [protected] for FitnessHub has exactly the same outgoing message, same voice and all, as The Fit Clique [protected]. Guess these two 'companies' are run by the same lowlifes. I filed a dispute with Chase Bank.

I believe this all originated with a free sample I ordered from BROMOLITE. I had the same problem with them.

• Lo
    lorrainereyn Aug 29, 2009

hello
    iam too getting charged on my credit card every month and i did not authorize this transaction... i have brought to my banks attention and they told me to let the company know that i did not authorize this transaction. i have called and i am still getting charged this amount of 59.95 canadian. please i need this stopped !!! some bogus phone number

• Ri
    Rita Boyd Aug 28, 2009

I have had several charges of $29.95 to my credit card and do not know what service I requested. I did order some colon cleanser some months ago, but thought I had ended that order.

I would like to stop this charge immediately! Please let me know if I should take further action.

Rita Boyd

• Mc
    MCora Aug 22, 2009

I was charged 39.95 on my credit card. I am going to cancel the card and dispute the charge. The 1800 # on my statement was a non working #.

• Mi
    Mismybuf Aug 18, 2009

I agree with the person who said how do these people sleep at night. I had found these charges before today but somehow (and I am to fault) didn't get around to trying to contact, I guess because I now remember contacting my card services, and this was over 6 months ago, and was told they could do nothing. Now here is the kicker, my card is not really a credit card. It is how my unemployment is paid. When I ask ReliaCard if there was not something they could do since after all this is unemployment the rep said no. One rep offered to cancel the card and send another but she couldn't tell me how long it would take and if my unemployment would go to the new card without a problem. It's bad enough to be terminated after over 25 years due to new management but to have some low life do this and after reading the posts the dirty ### are getting wealthy. Everyone who works for this company, and you all know they know what they are doing, need to be made to suffer.
    Starting my try to recover right now. If I get any information that is helpful I will be sure to come back and post.
    Thanks to all
    A Frasure
    Arkansas

• Ra
    Raggey Ann Aug 17, 2009

A charge of $29.95 from the Fitness Hub appeared on my credit card. I called the 800 # on the bill and they said the product was ordered in January. The charge showed up on the July bill and no product was ever received.

• Ro
    Rob Estes Aug 16, 2009

same happened to me and I'm fuming mad. Each time billed, it was under a different name: DJM Lifestylefit.com then it was flitcliq, and now FITNESSHUB. They are taking advantage of good people.

did some Internet research to get their addresses to complain, so here are two:

305 W. Broadway Apt. 114
    New York, NY 10013

(sounds fishy doesn't it?)

and the other:

Blue Sky Marketing
    303 Park Avenue South Suite # 1131
    New York, New York [protected]

How do these people sleep at night?

Time to clean up your business practices or else you'll should know that you can't escape the Internet. These complaints already show up as the second link from a Google search right under your website. The Internet will hold you accountable.

• Br
    brettrossj Aug 06, 2009

My wife signed up for a bromolite sample or something but apparently didn't see or wasn't informed that she would thus be signing up for a monthly fee to use a website. Apparently the site gives you the opportunity to live chat about your health and diet or something. I looked at the email she received after signing up and indeed it did say that she would be charged a recurring monthly fee. The email cam from FitFactory However, the email it was never opened.

The charges were all over the map. We were charged for 5 months under 3 different company names. Does seem pretty scammy:

08/03/09 - CHECK CRD PURCHASE 07/01 IWXWWW.MYSHPMYWAY.COM [protected] UT

07/03/09 - CHECK CRD PURCHASE 05/27 DJM*LIFSTYLEFIT.COM [protected] UT

04/29/09 - CHECK CRD PURCHASE 04/27 WWWSELFHELPFFCOM800 OF [protected] NV

03/02/09 - CHECK CRD PURCHASE 02/25 WWWSELFHELPFFCOM800 OF [protected] NV

03/30/09 - CHECK CRD PURCHASE 03/27 WWWSELFHELPFFCOM800 OF [protected] NV

I asked why all the different names on the charges and they stated, "we change the description of the charge to make for a better billing cycle for the customer" . . .and when asked why that was better for the customer, "it lets you know this is a recurring fee". I then asked, "How is it better to have different names for the same recurring charge?" The person said they would look into it and came back with the same line, "it is better for the customer and to let you know this is a recurring fee."

After complaining and threatening to inform the BBB they took off one lousy month. Or say they will and that it will be refunded on next months bill.

chowe Aug 02, 2009

I have never heard of this company and have not signed anything, nor accepted any merchandise. I do not know any address or location of this merchant as well. I was billed $39.95 for nothing! How did they get my acct number? I don't know.

• Rt
    rtfirefly Jul 31, 2009

I got suckered into this, too.
    For anyone buying supplements: Buyer Beware!

• Ss
    ssstephyo Jul 29, 2009

I just had the same 39.95 charge on my credit card. I called the number listed on my statement which was [protected] and told them that i never received a confirmation email or ID since i didn't authorize this transaction. I ordered the NatraPure clease (which don't do! such a scam!) but I never authorized this program. They said since I never received the confirmation they would refund my money and cancel my membership with them. That was just today...we'll see what happens!

• Un
    unhappycustomer123 Jul 28, 2009

Had the same problem. Here is what you do. Call the number listed on your credit/debit card statement. Tell them your name followed by the words "attorney at law" (it is illegal to impersonate a police officer, not an attorney). Then advise them you are recording this conversation as per state and federal law. Then tell them you would like all charges removed from your card and that you want no subsequent charges posted to said credit/debit card account. It worked for me (I actually am an attorney). Good luck.

• Un
    unhappycustomer123 Jul 28, 2009

Shady!!!

• Go
    gotbodysucker Jul 27, 2009

These people are clever! And go under different names - lifstylefit.com [first e missing]; fitnesshub.com; fitnessfactory - they change the charging company from time to time.
    Be careful because they're superficially friendly and helpful, but are basically stealing a monthly fee of $29.95 from my/your credit card.
    They rely on the 10% [or 50%] of customers who don't notice/don't dispute/don't care to scam their profits.
    They've told me I'll get a refund so now i'm waiting.
    Thanks for the tip-off above! Because I too bought gels and power bars from gotbody.com and I thought they were trustworthy! At least I received their ordered product OK.
    So look out for gotbody.com etc and be careful!

smf2129 Jul 26, 2009

I got a $29.95 charge also and i immediately called customer service and apparently when i tried a free sample of a product online, it automatically signed me up for a fitness program online, which i had never even heard of. I read all the fine print before i even got the free sample and it had said nothing about this FITNESS HUB company. This made me furious! i called customer service and told them to cancel my supscription and that i wanted a refund. He said that they would refund me the $29.95, so we will see if it goes through to my account, but this stuff is ridiculous!

Smeggy Jul 26, 2009

digging into this more - it seems there's is a legit company Fitness Hub, and this isn't anything to do with them (at least according to them)
    I'm currently on hold to the NV company who's number appeared on my charge. Not holding my breath...

Smeggy Jul 26, 2009

Same thing happened to me. $29.95 appeared on my credit card for Fitness Hub. Like a previous poster I'm VERY careful not to sign up for any bogus programs. I believe mine came from a purchase of gel shots from GotBody.com. I called my credit card and had them remove the charge. I tried the customer service number listed above but it goes straight to voicemail. This is definitely very shady. It's a shame because if it was gotbody that the charge came from, I'll never use them again. They had good prices so they'll lose alot more business than this extra charge they tried to con me with.

• Su
    supiano Jul 24, 2009

I have been charged $1.17 for a newsletter and $29.95 for a product I never orderedd. When I called, customer service told me they would cancel my "account" and no more charges would appear. However, she could not refund what had been charged.

• Dy
    Dyiemond Jul 08, 2009

I recieved a charge on my debit card also but it was for $29.95. I called the number on my bank statement an was informed that i needed to cancel within 21 days which I did. Only to find out this company comes with the bromolite an they cannot cancel it for you. They are no connected at all. After speaking to a supervisor i was refunded my monies. They were pleasant in handling my refund.

• Bl
    blondieml Jun 30, 2009

I just got a charge from Fitness Hub also and do not know where it came from I will call a customer Service rep and find out what's going on. I ordered a dietary supplement about a month ago but nowhere on my transaction was there fit factory or fitness Hub. I always double check and make sure that I am not being scammed into reacurring monthly charges and no where on that form when I checked out was anything about other charges. I am not happy about this what good is internet shopping when you have to worry about the multitude of ways that people are trying to rip you off.

Comment Guidelines