Fitness 19 Chino CAunauthorized charges, bad customer service

I wish I would have done some consumer research on Fitness 19 prior to joining the new location in Chino Ca in 2014 because apparently Al Garcia has been ripping customers off for years. This so called manager "Al Garcia" is just horrible. I wonder what his motivation is? Just to make people’s lives miserable because he's miserable? I added my husband on to my membership. He paid the sign up fees from his own debit card, then we agreed that the billing would come from my account combined monthly. They charged my husband twice for the sign up fees and gave my husband the run around for 2 weeks to get the money back. A month later we discovered that they were charging my debit card and his debit card for the monthly fee. When I called to take care of it, again I was given the run around. I think the manager trains his staff to play dumb and give customers the run around, either that or he really is that stupid. I feel sorry for the employees that work there. This Al guy is a real [censored]. So turns out that they had my husband open on 2 accounts. Al had the nerve to tell my husband it was not their fault. That any ONE person can have 2 memberships at the same gym and he was not getting his money back. AMAZING. A real piece of work this man is. I'm trying to make light of this, I'm really upset beyond words, but in the end I feel sorry for this man. He must live such a miserable life to gain pleasure treating customers this way. And the final slap in the face was a third unauthorized charge over $60 that nobody can explain. 3 times within a 3 month period for a grand total of over $130!!! I have never felt so much anger towards a business. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

• Sp
    Spy1981 Feb 04, 2016

we all know its Jesse Mendez stating these lies. You better lawyer up. This is called defamation.

anonymous for safety Jan 27, 2016

Everything is correct above, I've worked for the man for months and he's evil, he has a list were he has all debit/credit cards on file and just runs them randomly. Even has his employees run it for him. Calls it "playing slots" I couldn't stand Being there much longer coming from a real gym 24 hr fitness, were there's actually a corporate number to file any complaints, he thinks he's the alpha of fitness 19 because he's best friends with the owner. Anyway just a little rant.

• Ta
    tanning Aug 21, 2014

I use the tanning bed and recently I have noticed spit running down the walls in the tanning room. The bottle of cleaner has been empty for a week and I have seen one person after another going into the bed and they do not clean it. This is against health and safety laws.

MarathonerLady Apr 21, 2014

I wish I would have done some consumer research on Fitness 19 prior to joining the new location in Chino Ca in 2014 because apparently Al Garcia has been ripping customers off for years. This so called manager "Al Garcia" is just horrible. I wonder what his motivation is? Just to make peoples lives miserable because he's miserable? I added my husband on to my membership. He paid the sign up fees from his own debit card, then we agreed that the billing would come from my account combined monthly. They charged my husband twice for the sign up fees and gave my husband the run around for 2 weeks to get the money back. A month later we discovered that they were charging my debit card and his debit card for the monthly fee. When I called to take care of it, again I was given the run around. I think the manager trains his staff to play dumb and give customers the run around, either that or he really is that stupid. I feel sorry for the employees that work there. This Al guy is a real [censored]. So turns out that they had my husband open on 2 accounts. Al had the nerve to tell my husband it was not their fault. That any ONE person can have 2 memberships at the same gym and he was not getting his money back. AMAZING. A real piece of work this man is. I'm trying to make light of this, I'm really upset beyond words, but in the end I feel sorry for this man. He must live such a miserable life to gain pleasure treating customers this way. And the final slap in the face was a third unauthorized charge over $60 that nobody can explain. 3 times within a 3 month period for a grand total of over $130!!! I have never felt so much anger towards a business.