Fit For Life NetworkNON RECEIPT OF $81 REFUND

I was solicited by 2 young men who were going door to door selling magazines to earn points for some kind of contest. I agreed to donate a magazine to our overseas troops (ESPN Magazine $81 total cost). This was on 2/21/2009. On 3/21/2009 I sent proof of payment to: ACA Clearinghouse, P O Box 1060, Kittridge, CO 80457. A refund of the full $81 was requested. I was advised by your toll-free recording to allow 6-8 weeks for arrival of the refund. No refund was received in that time frame. So on 5/22/2009 I called [protected] and left a message as requested. No one called back in the 48-72 hour time frame so another call was made today to the other toll-free no [protected] and another message was left. The receipt no. is L00000763 per postcard previously received from ACA Clearinghouse. Please contact me by telephone [protected] or email [protected]@comcast, net ASAP.

Sincerely yours,
Richard Sawatzky

More Fit For Life Network Complaints & Reviews

• Fi
    Fit For Life Network, Inc. Jul 12, 2009

I am replying to the customer's complaint. Fit for Life Network processes orders through a clearinghouse, American Cash Awards, and was not made aware of the situation.
    When Fit for Life became aware of the complaint, the customer was issued a complete refund.
    Thank you.

• Ru
    Ruby C.... Jul 16, 2009

I too have been taken by this organization. I keep calling them & no one ever answers. They say to call during business hours which I do. I am calling because I ordered a subscription to Instyle back in February of this year. It's not July 2009, and I have yet to receive anything.

When I call this so called clearing house I get an answering machine, & never a live person. I have called at all hours of the day. The answering machine informs me that they are helping other customers and then proceeds to tell me to call back and hangs up on me. Their customer service is horrible, and I am so disgusted with the way they treat their customers. I would like for someone directly from this organization to contact me. Ruby C. [protected]@yahoo.com to hopefully resolve this issue!

I no longer will order from anyone coming door to door saying they are raising money for college. I would rather write them a check to their college than to deal with these type of companies.

Buyer beware some organizations are just out to get you. Such as The fit for life network.

annonymous7 Oct 06, 2009

People Going door to door selling magazines are not out to get people anyone who thinks that they are being scammed by the company is wrong.. I have worked for Fit For life for over a year and i know myself that its not the company that would be scamming someone it would just be a bad sales person at the door... every one that works for the company is in a nationwide contest to win a trip and a thousand bucks. its at their discretion what they use the money on. if they wanna use it for college they can and if they want to use it to get wasted on a beach in cancun they can do that too.. we do not tell them what to spend it on...

• Gb
    GBertand Oct 22, 2009

I had placed an order back in May wit your company and the guy said it would take about 2 months for me to get my magazines... it's been 5 mo and I just got one of my magazine suscriptions that I ordered and the other one still no where in sight... called the # for cs [protected]. I explained to the lady who answered the phone that I wanted to cancel 1 of my suscriptions since the magazines has not arrived she said that because I did not cancelled within the 3 days after purchase I couldn't do it (not like I knew the magazines were not going to be delivered after 3 days of buying them)... I explained that also they had said that my magazines would arrive sooner than 5 month and still no show on those magazines. I just can't believe how if they don't provide what paid for, why they won't refund... please let me know what can be done.

Thank you.

• Dd
    ddclare Dec 04, 2009

i have had the same problems. I call the toll free number over and over again! i get no reply. I canceled promptly and my money has not been refunded yet, and it has been well over 6 weeks. I feel very ripped off. If someone can help me with my situation please email me at [protected]@jacks.sdstate.edu, and i will give you my receipt information.

• Yo
    youwishyouknew Dec 27, 2009

OK, here is the deal with Fit for life. I used to work for them and I will tell you how they work. it being December-January they are more then likely in southern California or Las vegas. Spending that 81 bucks and everyone elses money and still taking money from other people in Las Vegas or whereever they are. If you want to talk directly to a person that works for that company there is only one number to call and that is there Hiring line all the other lines are phony answering machines set up by them. More then likely the mailing address is some p.o. box that no one checks so if you where to send them a letter no one would ever get it. Here is the number to talk to them [protected] or [protected]

• Sc
    Scammed in San Diego Feb 02, 2010

Everyone who is still holding out hope that this is some sort of legit business, please give up now. It is a total crock. I just had a very charismatic young man at my door. I looked at the list of magazines, and listened to his schpeal. He then had me fill out a form in triplicate. I didn't sign it, and got suspicious when he said I could only pay in cash or a check. I started to think it was a possible identity theft ring, since he was asking for my signature, full address, my husband's name, etc, (even through I was considering paying cash). I told him i wanted to talk to his supervisor by phone to verify who he was. He presented me with what looked like a real id card from another state from a DMV, but the closer I looked the more nervous he got, since I could tell it was a fake. I walked to my phone with him in view at my door the whole time, and as I went to call, he said "What time is it?" I said, "4:30(PST)". he said, "Oh they are closed now, you won't get to talk to anyone". He acted nervous and said that his "ride " would be coming around the corner any minute to pick him up and had to hurry. I called anyway and called [protected]. I got an answering machine with an older woman's voice.. sounded sweet but very rough and very unprofessionally recorded. I came back to the door and told him I would not be able to go through with it since I could not verify it. He tried to get me to sign the form anyway, saying that the company he works for is very high pressure and they would be upset at him if he didn't get a signature on the "voided" form i had previously filled out when I was going to order a magazine. I scribbled something illegible to get him to leave, and then followed him down the street. He was NOT in any hurry to be picked up, but knew I was onto him. IF THE company is legit, they would have a number to be reached with someone who answers.

I was ALMOST taken, but am so glad I didn't give him cash. If you were scammed, just chalk it up to a hard lesson learned. I seriously doubt you will get anything you ordered.

• Er
    Erdam Mar 16, 2010

I got a little scared after reading most of the posts because I have ordered the magazines Nov 13, 2009. Its now March 16, 2010. Its been 123 days since I ordered and on my receipt it says I would receive it within 120. I called one of the 888 numbers above at customer service and was surprised she even had me in the system considering I gave him 50 dollars in cash. She was able to tell me that the order was placed on 11/13 but not "processed" until February 8, 2010...so now I have 120 days from that. I was thinking i got ripped off by this young man who came to my door, but I feel more comfortable that I wasn't...I mean they wouldn't have me in their system if he had just spent my money. The whole reason I bought the magazine was because I supported the young man in what he was trying to win and do. I'm not too upset I haven't seen the magazines yet...they were more of a bonus. If I don't ever receive them, then I will post again.

• Th
    That0neGuy Mar 17, 2011

I worked or FFL Network Inc and it is no scam. If you were scammed, it was the sales agent that pocketed your cash and tore up the order form. You people need to wisen up, if the kids asks for a check writen directly to them, the kid is scamming you. If the kid asks for a cash donation, the kid is camming you. If the kid says you can donate the magazines across seas, the kid is scamming you. If the kid says he can get you a magazine not on the list, he is scamming you. 90% of the time if the kid is pushing for cash, he is trying to pocket it. If you do buy a magazine, just use a check. There are some, yet few, honest kids in the contest. The contest is real and the prize is real: a 1000$ dollar cash prize given to the kid who earned the points. Just because some people aren't smart enough to tell when a kid is pocketing your money or actually going through with the contest does NOT mean the company is a scam. You have to put your trust within the kid. When I did the door to door thing I can honestly tell you I put all money and orders through to my superior so I can recieve the points earned. And yes, sometimes it takes a really long time to receive the magazines but if the kid was honest, you will get them.

• Lo
    LongBeachResident Oct 26, 2012

I was solicited by a seemingly very nice young sales person claiming to be selling subscriptions for our troops in Afghanistan to raise money to go to college. I paid $135 for two subscriptions, later realized online that this place was shady, sent a written request for a refund the next day, and have received nothing back. I tried calling their phone number and an answering machine picked up that just said "memory full, " indicating that it is an answering machine nobody ever answers. I guess everyone gets ripped off once in their life and this was my turn. But it hurts and I hope one day some starts a class action law suit against these criminals.

• Ro
    Roger Dan Dec 29, 2012

Just had a visit from two seemingly nice young guys with a new variation on the subscription scam. They first said that they played rugby for the University of Texas and were collecting money to earn a trip to Australia to play a top Australian rugby team. First clue...one of them was 5'5 and 140 soaking wet. Sat down and they explained that the magazine would go to the wounded warrior project along with a care package. Showed me a list of organizations that were putting the packages together. I asked to see student ID...none Asked to see driver's licence...none. He said his mom and dad lived three blocks away. Asked for a telephone number to call...offered an out of state number...Checked on white pages to see if his parents had an address or telephone number. None...the kid said that his dad was a Mass. State Representative so his address was unlisted. Then I said let's hop in the car and visit them. He said if I agreed to a $500.00 commitment he would go with me. Threw them out of the house.

• Cr
    Craig Cancilla Jan 22, 2013

We purchased a $58.00 subscription with a $15.00 P&H fee from a 'Fit for Life" rep. He was handicapped and a very good talker. That was in June of 2011. Never got the magazines. Can not seem to reach any one at "Fit for life" for a refund. Ugh!!

• Pa
    p.a.b. Mar 11, 2013

this is for those who have worked for fit for life I have someone that works for them and I'm very worried and concerned. what I do know is that they only get paid 12 dollars per sales for a 8 to 10 hour day for 6 days a week I understand they have to pay for their own food so if they don't make a sale they don't eat. they go door to door in all types of weather. the bosses seem to have the only phones which is hard to get ahold of that person that works for them. why is it only 18 to 24 years old that they hire is it because at that age they are easier manipulateds please only respond the truth no matter what the truth is thank you.

• Ud
    udontknow Mar 21, 2013

I have a friend that works for this company I really hope she isn't apart of a super scam...I hope kids aren't stupid enoughbto work for these people...

• Jm
    JMcCann Feb 16, 2014

These people are thieves. They also are forgers.
    They specifically LOVE to prey on elderly. Their representatives use bogus stories and push their way into the homes of the elderly. They'll steal from purses, checkbooks, medicine cabinets, anything and everything they can push into. Always in pairs with someone driving them around.
    Their 'corporate' office will state they know nothing. Wait until you see the cancelled checks that clear their bank in less than 48 hours from when you or your family or neighbors are ripped off.

Don't hesitate to slam the door in their faces. Don't hesitate to call law enforcement.

They commit felonies on a daily basis as if it's something as simple as chewing gum.

Check out the mathematical problems they have on the receipts they give you.

$28 + $28 + $15 DOES NOT = $127

They're NOT a 501C charitable organization, either.

Elderly beware.

AND, if you've been subject to their thievery, CHANGE YOUR BANK ACCOUNT INFORMATION ASAP.

• Cl
    Clista11 Mar 07, 2014

Is there any way we can get a lawyer to do a class action lawsuit against this company???? There is no way to contact them and this is ridiculous!!

• Aw
    Awhobson Jul 27, 2014

Absolute scam of an organization. I learned a tough lesson that will cost me $25 for a canceled check and the pain of changing bank account numbers.

• Am
    AML2 Oct 21, 2014

I am absolutely livid with this organization. They came to our door on October 17, 2014, while I was at school. My 87 year old grandfather, heart transplant recipient and stroke surveyor, answered the door. He told me two young girl laughed as our dog barked uncontrollably. He said that he couldn't hear them well and didn't understand them, but thought they asked for a $50 donation. We donate to specific charities, but not to riff raft off the street. The girls took a blank check and filled it out. I just checked the bank statement and saw it was written for $159. I am going to pursue this check fraud to the fullest extent.

• Dk
    dkegel Nov 05, 2014

I lost $63 to these guys in July of 2013. Never got any magazines from them. An obvious (in hindsight) scam. Still have my receipts though, in case anyone wants to sue them.