First Stop LoansRip off

C

I applied for a loan with First Stop Loans and paid the £47.95 fee which they asked for up front. They subsequently sent me one loan company in the post (which incidentally had already written to me themselves asking me for a loan before I even applied to First Stop Loans!). The loan company they sent me was no good as you needed a guarantor for the loan which I did not have. However, when I wrote and asked them for a refund of my fee, as I did not meet the criteria of their loan company, they did not even bother to write back to me and when I phoned them up, I got a barrage of abuse of the most unprofessional, incompetent, rude contact centre staff, unlike anything I have ever come across in my life - they were absolutely horrendous!!! They said they did not do refunds and after a lot of arguing with them on the phone, they said that I should go back on my medication as I was a psychopath!!

I told them they were committing fraud and they banged the phone down on me, but I would not at all be surprised if they were not even a legitimate company - ABSOLUTELY APPALLING RIP-OFF MERCHANTS!!!

• Bu
    Bully Oct 16, 2009

We had a letter from this company too saying our £1000 loan had been approved, we had never asked them for a loan, but several months before had asked and received a loan from another company so I guess they got our details from them or the broker who put us in touch with our company. Anyway the letter arrived just a couple of weeks before we were due to go on holiday, and being a bit skint we thought we would have the loan. Phoned them up they said they would send us a form to fill in and would receive our money within 5 days, no mention of having to send them nearly £50 first! Decided to look the company up on here and came across this site - Glad I did! We got our letter then next day asking for a postal order or bankers draft or if we must a cheque ( which takes 5 working days to clear). How naughty of them! I've written a letter and put it in with the form telling them that they nearly ripped me off like they have many others but found some interesting reading about them on the internet which changed my mind! I don't suppose I'll get a reply but it made me giggle when I posted it!

Andy Zasada Oct 31, 2010

I have also been ripped off by 1st stop and after complaining I did not even get an appology!! When my payment was taken they took four seperate amounts on the same day amounting to over double which I was supposed to pay back to clear my loan. If I had not checked my bank then they could have got away with this and £217 of my money I did eventually get my money back but it cost me 4 unathorised overdraft fees at a cost of £32. If you are looking to borrow money then please take this advise DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY there are many companies who will lend money and treat you very well even once they have got your custom. Stay away from these Ignorant rip off merchants MR BEARD??

• Te
    Telitlikez Iseezit Jun 23, 2017

I got a call from Chris Martin offering me a loan. I was told as I didn't have a guarantor I would have put £50 into my bank account before I got the loan. The £50 was insurance incase I defaulted my first repayment. I was not able to put £50 into my account for ten days hence why I wanted a loan! He called me every day for ten days, this guy was desperate to give me a loan of 1000 pounds. I don't even remember applying to said company. On the tenth day Chris Martin phoned Me again. Today Chris wanted me to go to Asda, Morrisons or Tesco's and buy a 50 pound Apple I Tunes card or 2 X 25 pounds I tunes cards and give him the codes off the back of the cards.
    When I told him I was not interested he became very irate and said because I have wasted his time he was going to black list me and slammed the phone down. Not the service you would receive from a reputable company.the phone number he called off was [protected] he also said extension 5611 please don't be fooled by this so called company I'm glad I wasn't fooled by them please don't be fooled yourself, I'm also reporting the company to the police not that they will do anything but I'm trying