First Plus PlatinumFrustrated

Recently I fell prey to the sweet sound of a 7500.00 credit line. I understood that I could only shop online however, it was not made clear that I would have to pay a deposit on anything I bought that cost over 5.00!!! Not to mention... there was nothing to buy!! No clothes, or electronics, nothing!! I looked under womens clothing and it was several pictures of two hats, a few dresses, and a few coats. No sizes, no colors, just DEPOSIT REQUIRED.

The deposits were half of the price of the item... Whrer's the credit?? I have definitely been ripped off! I could get better items at a yard sale, which is exactly what this site reminded me of, a yard sale! Most of the maybe 10 computers/laptops had been refurbished. If I am going to pay 1, 000.00 for a laptop... I will buy a new one!

Frustrated!!!

• Ki
    kittu reddy Feb 26, 2015

Hi..i recently purchased this..and i got the kit...its big scam..and f****** fraud...please don't take it...be aware guys.

• Je
    jeffery neal Dec 08, 2013

I would like my order to be canceled please before anything is taken off of my card ive tried to call the support line and enter my number and it hangs up on me I don't approve of this at all this is a messed up buisness that don't even need to exists. My name is Jeffery Neal get my name off the list or I will sue my lawyer's ready.

• Vi
    Viola Herd Jul 13, 2011

I recently also applied for this card but when i got to the page that asked for a credit card information i did not give that . As soon as this card comes in the mail i will cancel it. I realized when i got to this page that this was just one of those cards that you have to use at there overpriced stores.

• Ye
    Yestuda Apr 08, 2010

If anyone would happen to know how to get a hold of this scamming company I would really like to know!!! The phone numbers or websites do NOT work!! I feel like a fool for applying to this card to help my credit line. It does not help my credit line if any, it hurts it!!

• Ad
    ADallas Jun 14, 2009

Wow...Glad I found this website before falling for these SHACKSTERS!

• Mr
    Mr. Davis Jun 12, 2009

This company DOES NOT sell credit card info to anyone. The only charges on the accounts are clearly written in the offer details(almost touching the submit button) as well as the terms and conditions. I would love for someone to post an image or link that shows otherwise. As for the reason they go by multiple names; they have multiple marketing partners that want an "exclusive" offer to market. They still use every name and have active customers on each brand and provide 24 hour customer service for each. That's like saying Proctor and Gamble is a scam because they have multiple brands of toothpaste...It would be funny, except for the fact that these false statements go against one of the only companies providing credit to sub-prime consumers. How many brands does VISA have...thousands? I tell everyone here a little secret...when you sign-up for a trial program and you don't want to get charged membership fees, cancel during the trial. Even further more...If you get 3 trials as part of your purchase and you don't want to get charged membership fees, cancel all 3. Every customer is clearly told about the trials and is sent multiple emails telling them to cancel during the trial if they don't want the membership. Plus, their membership fees go towards paying off your balance if you use the card, and there is not a minimum payment if you pay you membership fees. And they have an awesome roadside assistance and benefits package. Anyone who claims they cannot reach their customer service, please post the phone number here, I am positive that no one will be able to. I urge everyone to read the terms for anything they sign-up for and to contact customer service by phone or email if they have any concerns...have a great weekend!! Thanks!

• Ba
    Barbara Jun 04, 2009

I just recieved this First World Platinum and the first thing I did was Google it and am SOOOOO...glad that I read all these complaints. I would not have done it, but it is going to make me be careful on anything that I get like this, through email or just through the mail.

Thanks to all!!!

Trilby May 22, 2009

Okay, I just checked and the first two things that came up were:
    "Don't buy from this website they only take wires and are a Scam from China, once you send money you will never hear from them again."
    and
    "Domain tools shows this guy has 130 domains and all of them are the same site that gets taken down often and he just uses a different domain"
    and
    " the $ is Too good 2b true & there are Soo many of them... Are all of them with a telephone # from China All scams ? Thanks So Much !!"
    These quotes are from a yahoo site that reports on websites, Alexa a fairly well known site that does the same thing has nothing on them and then a LOT of Craig's List complaints come up. Following THAT you get several, and I'm talking like a dozen? sites that are in pure Chinese.
    I don't think that I'd even contact them back, by the way they also go under the name h8888, thanks for asking because now I know too.
    Trilby

Trilby May 22, 2009

You know that you can google them (the name www.hi8888.com) and see what comes up (I'm really curious about that bizarre name, so I'm going to), if nothing I'd still be very suspicious, and also check with the online better business bureau.
    There are tons of websites that you can check with if you google just to find the scam services that are out there.
    Worst comes to worst and you can't find ANYTHING on them (and I wouldn't do business with them unless I could and it was ALL good), then contact them and tell them that you're interested; but won't do another thing, AND DON'T, JUST DO NOT GIVE THEM ANY CC or DEBIT NUMBERS, until they can provide you with SEVERAL (more than three or four) UNBIASED (not their cousin or brother in law~they should be able to give you people from all over the country, and you can verify that once they give you the names and addresses to contact yourself) recommendations.
    If they are a good company and want to build a reputation then they should be more than happy to provide you with whatever it takes. If they can't or won't then just don't take a chance because the old adage if something seems to good to be true then IT IS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, has proved right over and over again on the web over the past several years, and there are literally THOUSANDS of scam artists out there.
    One more thing...with that website name I personally am VERY uncomfortable, if they have the intelligence to run a business then all they really have to do is go to something like godaddy.com, and get a cheap site name that makes a heck of a lot more sense than hi8888, what the heck does that STAND FOR anyway?
    Good luck.
    Trilby

Kam May 22, 2009

anyone know anything about an electronic supply web store called www.hi8888.com ? they have plasma 52" tv listed at 300-400 bucks. I'd love to know anyone that tried this website..

• Al
    Allen May 18, 2009

People work so hard for their pay and wage and you have predators who will take it all away. Thanks for all the NFO and this spammer will be exposed for the thieves they really are

Trilby May 15, 2009

Wow, I'm really sorry that happened to you. Everytime that has ever happened to me, and YUP, I've been had more than once, my bank has to issue me a new card if it's my debit card, because they say that the only way that they can guarantee that these people in question won't have access any longer is if they don't have the right number, this is because A. they change their company names frequently, and use different ones for unauthorized charges, and B. they SELL the numbers to other frauds like themselves and then the NEW criminals charge the card. People I'VE NEVER EVEN SEEN, and for things that I not only don't get, but have NEVER HEARD OF!!!
    The FBI has a division, I know this because I registered with my bank in California that I'd been defrauded with my debit card and they turned it over to the FBI, who then contacted me about it. They have a long LONG list of people who do this, and have problems catching them because they change their names so much, BUT they (the FBI) told me that when they get enough complaints about certain 'individuals' (as that is evidently what it is, just some person sitting at home at their computer stealing money from innocent people like us), they can 'profile' patterns and then by doing that they find a lot of them and arrest them.
    This is a FEDERAL crime, as in a FELONY. Let's remember that convicted felons lose their right to vote in this country, that's how serious it all is, and they lose that right for LIFE not just as long as they are in jail.
    So what I learned from that experience is that it is VERY important for us to follow up with our banks and INSIST that they report the fraud that was perpetrated on us to the FEDERAL BANKING AUTHORITY. They (the banks) have an OBLIGATION to do this, a LAWFUL obligation. So, if they don't do it, and you'll know because the people they report to will contact you, then CHANGE banks because if your bank won't report it than they are not a good financial institution.
    No matter how much of a pain in the neck it feels like, it's important to complain, ESPECIALLY when someone else is spending your money WITHOUT your permission and your bank can't stop them unless you make noise. Go one step further, and tell your bank to complain about them and you never know, your complaint just might be the one that gets these criminals, these FELONS, caught!! Rock on~Trilby

• Fi
    firstworldrippoff May 15, 2009

I fell for the same so called credit card scam and I know about sites like these I should have known it was 2 good 2 be true. I never shopped with them, and after I checked out the site and this site I decided to cancel but first checked the account I used to pay the $2.98, well heres the scam they get your card #to pay the 2.98 and then sell it to everyone to charge you for services they never provided to you but yet charge your card and sign you up for them. They also charge you 39.95 every month whether you purchase anything from their site or not (which requires a deposit!), and there is no cash advance on this so called credit card either. there is no credit here only FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD dont give these people your card# they are no ligit!

Trilby May 05, 2009

WOW! I couldn't agree more with all of you. Those of us who checked in with Google and saw this overwhelming avalanche of alerts that all of you people who got scammed by this company and were considerate enough to post for us, are SOOOoo lucky that you guys posted!
    There is no way that I can thank you except to tell you that I really came close to falling for this scam and like of a lot of Americans today, we are on the ropes financially. My husband is a self employed writer on the internet, which has so far been good, but takes time to build up a large clientele and they don't always pay up on time, so we are dependent on them.
    I have MS, and so on good days can do some writing and administrative work for my husband, but can't work outside of our home and we have a 3 1/2 year old grandson who lives with us and who we are in so many ways blessed to have in our lives to this degree. We are grateful, we are good people, but we are BROKE; and this economy isn't helping!
    So thank you, thank you, thank you, to all of YOU Good People out there. You restore my faith in humanity and remind us all that in bad times it is CRUCIAL for us to all stick together.
    I am SO grateful to you for posting your scam alerts and complaints, this is how WE THE PEOPLE, just like in the Declaration of Independence, but nowadays we're the consumers, STILL have the power, and can STOP these theives if our elected officials and watchdog organizations can't seem to. WE have more power collectively when we stick together and get the WORD OUT. We CAN stop them DEAD in their tracks!!
    Hang in there everybody! ~Trilby

• He
    Heather Renae Apr 29, 2009

"WE MAY USE INFORMATION THAT WE HAVE COLLECTED FOR ANY LEGALLY PERMISSIBLE PURPOSE, INCLUDING SELLING OR TRANSFERRING INFORMATION AT ANY TIME TO THIRD PARTIES, INCLUDING INTERNET MARKETING COMPANIES, FOR ANY LEGALLY PERMISSIBLE PURPOSE. By submitting that information to us, you affirmatively and expressly authorize and consent to and grant to us and any affiliate or other third parties the right to use your personal information for any legal purpose including, without limitation: a) effectuating a purchase from us that you make at the Website; b) transferring your personal information to a third party to effectuate a purchase from a third party advertiser at the Website; c) marketing purposes such as sharing your information with affiliated and non-affiliated (i) financial service providers, such as mortgage lenders or brokers, insurance companies and title companies or (ii) non-financial companies such as third party advertisers, retailer or direct marketers; d) providing promotional offers to you by means of e-mail advertising, telemarketing, direct mail marketing, pop-ups, pop-unders, SMS cell phone text messaging, instant messaging and/or online banner advertising; e) tracking compliance with both First World Platinum’s affiliate marketing terms and conditions and with the Website's terms and conditions, if any are so provided; and f) for validation, suppression, content improvement and feedback purposes..."

"You agree that we may contact you at any time with updates and/or any other information that we may deem appropriate for you to receive in connection with your continued use of the Website. You affirmatively consent and expressly authorize that we and/or affiliates or other third parties may send and you will receive commercial messages via electronic mail, text messaging, instant messaging, or other electronic means, including to your mobile device at the address you provide. You may be charged by your mobile provider for such messages, and you agree to pay any transmission costs, if any, directly to your wireless service provider. .."

I understand that most of these agreement terms are not traditional things that you would agree to with other companies. While I may be wrong, they still seem a little extreme and unnecessary.

• He
    Heather Renae Apr 29, 2009

I am so sorry to all of you who had to fall victim to this scam to be able to keep other consumers from doing so as well. I came to look up the company after reading their privacy agreement. I have never really paid attention to them before, but one thing you may not know is that when you agreed to it on the first page, you agreed that they could sale your information to third party companies, and share the information with any company they work with or an affiliate. They do not limit who they sale the information to, and you agree to marketing text messages, IMs, and other various, ridiculous things. After reading that I had to find out more about the company. I figured it was too good to be true and I needed to satiate that curiosity that sparked. I really do apologize and would be offering to work with the victims legally if the a fore post had not.

I hope you all get reciprocation for what you have gone through.

• So
    solvingproblem4u Apr 20, 2009

Thank you everybody. I just about fell victim to this scam. I am so sorry to all of you that have been ripped off by this BS company. The person that had all their checks bounce, I would go to your Branch Manager and explain to them the circumstances surrounding these charges and advise them that you did not authorize these charges to be deducted from your checking account. Check with your state laws, but most banks require you to sign a EFT, or auto payment disclouser in HAND WRITTEN signature. Without the company providing this information to you or your bank, they cannot legally charge you for such deductions, as electronic signature does not constitute a legal binding agreement between you, the company and your checking account. I would seek advise from your branch manager regarding the charges and fill out some forms declaring an unauthorized transaction.

To the remainder of you that have been scammed, again I am sorry for your heart aches and thank you all for posting and informing the public regarding these crooks. I guarantee you that I have now devoted my time to investigating this company and reporting any findings to the MEDIA, NEWSPAPERS, WEB PAGES, Ect. If found out to be any illegal activity, I will report findings to the FBI, FTC, and any other legal agencies I need to.

If you have any useful information regarding this company/s and have fallen victim to this scam and have been hurt financially by such, please let me know also, as I will begin to look into CLASS ACTION PROCEEDINGS against this company/s and its subsidiaries and will continue to post here as progress moves forward. You can reach me via email at... [email protected]

DO NOT USE EMAIL FOR ANYTHING OTHER THEN INFORMATIVE INFORMATION PERTAINING TO ILLEGAL ACTIVITY WITH SAID COMPANIES!!!

• Pa
    Paula Olson Apr 18, 2009

In response to Mr. Davis: My Visa has an 11% interest rate (not 20%+ as you suggested) and no monthly fee. When I use it, I don't have to put any monies down to make a purchase and I'm not stuck with a limited choice of items to purchase.

I received an email from this company and after reading the terms and conditions, searched the internet and found several places where people have gotten "taken" by this company. I will tell everyone I know not to fall for this ridiculous piece of crap and try to rebuild their credit elsewhere.

• Mr
    Mr. Davis Apr 02, 2009

You guys are crazy...have any of you actually used the site? They have a touch-screen Mp4 player that goes for over $200 retail and you only have to put $40 down, plus 5000 other products. Plus, there is 0% financing for at least the first year and 7.9% fixed after that...and your membership fees go to pay off your balance and you don't have a minimum payment if you pay your membership fees. Anyone who has a VISA card and complains about First Plus Platinum is not very informed. How does your 20%+ interest rates taste, considering that First Plus Platinum has extended the 0% financing indefinitely due to the economy. There is actually a company given people with bad credit a chance for legitimate credit and you guys want to bash them. They disclose all the fees on the sign-up page as well as the terms and conditions, if you don't want the other trials you can email or call to cancel during the trial without being charged. They disclose it very clearly about the additional trials and send multiple emails about what they have signed up for, also detailing the fee schedule. Can someone who claims they couldn't get a hold of them please post the phone number you called? I would love to test that.

kandice schultz Mar 30, 2009

Thanks guys, I almost fell victum to the scam. They would not leave me alone, keep wanting me to give them my banking info and ss# and never even ask if I had a job...made it kind of suspicious.

• Ta
    Taunya Mar 27, 2009

yes I WAS ONE OF THE UNLUCKY ones they got but cancelled the same day because I found this site...only now I cant get vcomm(the phone service) on the line to cancel them...but I will get Verizon to block them as soon as I see them on my bill.

• De
    Dean Mar 26, 2009

they got me too! no one will answer there phone its a bunch of crooks, scam artist whatever you would like to call them!

• De
    Dean Mar 26, 2009

Fred bailey work for them!

Mandi Mar 26, 2009

Yeah, I got totally screwed by one these same companies. First Primer, exact same thing...'we will give you a credit line of $7500.00. Didn't relieve that you could only by online and had to pay half of the price of everything!!! Put my checking account information in and everything, tried canceling it after I found out what exactly it was and could never get anyone to talk to me on the phone nor answer my cancelation emails, NOTHING. They deducted $190+ from mu checking account and I ended up bouncing all kinds of stuff and forking out more money because of a B***SH** scam like this one.

• Go
    goomah Mar 16, 2009

Awesome info thanks you guys.. I was on the second page and was about to put in my credit card info when I decided to google it and came upon this site.. thanks you guys.. if it wasn't for the slight misfortune of applying for the ripoff card you wouldn't be able to alert unsuspecting people like myself of the scam at hand..

Mike Mar 05, 2009

HAHAHAHA. Thanks "fred bailey"or whatever YOUR real name is. I guess you are just a concerned citizen that has looked up these products and found all these Fake people posting Fake things about this harmless company and all their amazing websites.

Let's be honest. There is bad stuff written about these products all over the web. The only fake posts are the ones that are positive. I gave all the information I had to the FTC and they requested screen shots of the website so I did that too. Also, I showed them the payment page, where WAY below the submit button was information about me being opted in for 2 other things (voicemail and IDTheft protection) that I didn't even know about. It wasn't even in the terms. The FTC was very interested in seeing that scam.

In these hard times, the government is going to want to blame companies for taking advantage of people. I promise you this will be one of the companies. I can't wait to hear about it!!!

• Da
    David Mar 01, 2009

I have a friend who came to me with the same frustration with first world
    platinum card I was very curios so he came over and we checked out the web site that can not be previewed without joining. What are you afraid
    of ? Well I'll tell you there all right !!! A deposit required that equals the product cost at retail. You really give no credit every thing on your site
    can be purchased for the price of your deposit. The products you want are few. I'm sure the U.S. Attorney will catch up with there scam shortly.
    And Fred must work for them. Lets see you allow the people you offer your credit line to, preview the site before they join. LoL never happen.
    Dave

• Fr
    fredbailey Feb 13, 2009

Ann, or Patti, or whatever your real name is, please stop this nonsense! If there is a scam, it would have to be you and your minions who posted these questionable comments! It is so obvious that this so called report (and some of the succeeding comments) is a complete fabrication! You are nothing but a paid hack who was tasked to bad mouth this company. Stop lying and spreading wrong information to the public using websites like these.

These sites aim to help and protect consumers, not mislead them! And please, try to be more creative and have the decency not to post the same article on different websites so people who have eye for truth won't discover your dishonesty.

For the public's information, this same "report" was also published in /link removed/ (please check out /URL removed/) with the same content but by different complainants, making the accusations incredible and preposterous.

• Da
    Danny Newman Feb 07, 2009

I just want to logon to my account and it don't tell me were. HELP

• Fr
    Frank Grasso Jan 14, 2009

I happen to recieve this in my junk mail as well, go figure..

Anyway, googled the name and saw all the complaints, you can never be to careful this day and age and that offer is to good to be true..

Thanks for the heads up, another good guy came on top today..

Frank

• Ro
    Robert Harrison Jan 07, 2009

Thanks for the heads up on this scam! I just receive this offer and almost took a chance on it, even though I doubted that it was legit. Its right up there with the lottery winner scams so prevalent now.

Kaley Nov 26, 2008

If it sounds to good to be true... it probably is.
    I totally agree with Tony. I may have fallen for this scam, too, if I hadn't decided to check the company out, first.
    Thanks for posting this.

• To
    Tony Harrison Nov 24, 2008

This is when I appreciate the internet. There are so many scams out there that the only way to check them out is through the internet. I may have fell for this scam like so many others probably did if someone else didn't share their story. Even though it may not have been a good experience for them, it does help others avoid the same trap, and for that I thank you.

Mike Nov 14, 2008

I just wanted to give everyone an update. This credit scam company is still coming out with "cards" with different names. If the company was legit then why do they have so many names. Here is the latest one I have reported: First World Platinum Credit - firstworldplatinumoffer.com

Mike Nov 07, 2008

You are right, and just to let you know you have been ripped off in more ways than just one. When you bought this they also illegally opted you in for voicemail and ID theft and are charging you monthly fees for both. You porbably have no idea. Read the fine print on the second page of https://www.firstplusplatinumoffer.com and you will see what I mean. Make sure you cancel ASAP. And don't let them lie to you by saying that they report to the credit bureas and that this will help your credit rating. That is a lie. that most people fall for. The company goes by so many different names. If they were legit than why so many company names?

Aliases:

Vertek Group, VanteX Group.com, awarecart.com, First Plus Platinum Credit - firstplusplatinumoffer.com; Centennial One Platinum Credit - centennialoneplatinumoffer.com; AWBC Platinum Credit - awbcplatinumoffer.com; Approvals With Bad Credit; Global Gold Credit - globalgoldcreditoffer.com; First National Gold Credit - firstnationalgoldoffer.com; First Universal Platinum Credit - firstuniversalplatinumoffer.com; ID Watchdog, Commonwealth Gold - commonwealthgoldoffer.com; VComm