First Capital SecuritiesFraud and scam

I received a letter and a check for $4875 informing me I was the $125, 000 winner of the 'North American Shoppers Sweepstakes'. WOW, LUCKY ME! I am instructed NOT to cash the $4875 until I contact the 'Tax Claim Agent' at a provided phone number. Hmmm, I thought this was an advance on my winnings? This is clearly a scam and I can imagine the 'Tax Claim Agent' would require a little bit of information like my bank acct. number, soc. sec. number etc.

What catches the eye with this scam is how genuine the check looks. The best I've seen so far.

• Da
    david Dec 01, 2008

just received a check for $4875.00. Too bad it would have come as a welcome this time of the year.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices