Firestone Complete Auto Care / urgent matter “please assist have been trying to resolve”

United States Review updated:

Good Afternoon,

This letter is out of concern for my grandchild Mia Jackson who has been unable to get a resolution to the problem one of your stores as created - located at:

608 Valley Hill Road SW
Riverdale, GA
Ph# [protected]
[protected]

My name is Ms. Butler an I have been given Mia Jackson's permission to assist in the handling of this situation. The matter started back on March 25, 2019 when Mia took her 2015 Chrysler 200 which had about 62, 000 miles on it into the above mentioned Firestore Care Center in for a simple oil change. She left the shop the same evening to get about a few blocks down the road before her vehicle started knocking an smoking. It was to late to take the car right back, therefore; the next morning on March 26, 2019 Mia began attempting to reach Firestone, but; was now given the run around. Mia than took the vehicle back to the location an was eventually told by the store manager name Emanuel that there was no oil in her tank when her vehicle was returned to her an that they would need to hold the vehicle to correct the problem. It was stated that in error "a new gasket was put over an old gasket"!

The vehicle was left as requested, after a few days went by with no correspondence made Mia tired calling a few times an a woman each time would advise her to hold "only to hang up on her, this happened about 4 different times". Please also be aware that my granddaughter was also given a rental from Enterprise Rent A Car which Emanuel set up "on March 26th located on Highway 85 at Firestone's expense. Mia also gave your corporate office "reach# [protected]" an was given case# 2356196-C by a representative name Cassandra who after making a call to Firestone, she stated that someone would be in touch with Mia within 72 hrs "this to date has never happened".

On April 2, 2019 Mia finally reached the store manager who than stated that their Adjuster/Inspector would be coming out "to date this also has never happened". Mia was able to reach the store manager "Emanuel" again on April 9th in concern as to what is going on with her vehicle? Still no real answer other than being told that someone would be getting back in touch with her within 48hrs! Please be advised that Again this Never Happened. Mia at this point decided she needed to advise her insurance company:

Nationwide Insurance
reach# [protected]

about the situation an status up to this point with her vehicle. She spoke with Tiffany Durham with Nationwide "an insurance adjuster" an was given claim# 782468-GI To my understanding, Miss Durham did go out to Firestone an saw the vehicle yet was only able right now to advise my granddaughter of the same information she had already been given. It was stated that still nothing has been done to correct Firestone's mistake an that she was given No additional information at this point, please note that Mia also spoke with Miss Durham again on April 11, 2019 who still had not been able to get any true update on Mia's vehicle.

Next on Thursday April 11, 2019 my granddaughter received a call from one of the representatives with Enterprise Rent A Car who now stated that Mia now owes them $482.09 for the rental due to the fact that Firestone only paid them for 1 day! When my granddaughter got back in touch with Emanuel, he stated the rental will be taken care of? This is when the situation was brought to my attention due to I have an attorney who can step in. In all fairness, we felt it would be best to first see if this situation can be corrected before pursuing any further if possible.

Another call was made to Emanuel on April 13, 2019 with myself on a conference line with my grandchildren. It was at that point explained to the store manager "Emanuel" who I was an that I was given my granddaughter's permission to become involved with this situation. Emanuel an I spoke an I was informed that there was in fact a mistake made an that they were trying to fix Mia's vehicle. Emanuel was very kind an honest while talking with me until I advised that I was taping our conversation, at that point he immediately stopped talking an gave the phone to my grandson who I than advised to put me on speaker to Emanuel to hear out what I was attempting to say,

I went on to explain that the recording was only for myself due to a lot of people are not honest at all. I stated my only concern is that my granddaughter receive her vehicle back in the good condition which it was when she came in for a simple oil change. I also went on to explain that quite along amount of time has gone by with no results "this is not acceptable". I went on to state that no one what's this to result into a legal matter nor does anyone have time for so much unnecessary nonsense. It was than explained by me that I was sending this letter in hopes that we can go ahead an get this situation resolved "this should have never happened an is truly taking to long to correct". Emanuel stated that Mia would hear from him by noon on Monday the 15th however it is now 6:15pm on the 15th an I have heard no update. I am hoping to hear from someone shortly. Your assistance would be greatly appreciated, all we need is to get this whole situation resolved an made assured that Mia owes nothing, please respond to myself or either of my grandchildren at the following.

Mia Jackson: [protected]@yahoo.com
or Taytvforeveraicloud.com
Ms. Butler: [protected]@aol.com

Ms. Butler. - grandmother

Note: I look forward to hearing back please

Vi
Apr 15, 2019

Comments

• Da
      16th of Apr, 2019

Yeah, good luck on a resolution. I've been trying to get a resolution since January 17 on a bad alternator job they did on my college son's truck at an Austin, TX location. They owe him $438. I've been told my issue has been escalated multiple times. I have had over 25 email correspondence with the Firestone customer service over the last 3 months. I was told a regional manager would call in 48 hours...no call, EVER. Next I was told a divisional manager would call in 48 hours...no call. Finally I was told my issue was escalated to corporate and would revive a call within 72 hours...no call. I guess they think if they ignore us long enough and never call, we will simply forget and give up. I filed a complaint with the BBB and was offered a coupon for a free oil change. That is supposed to be my compensation for an alternator that lasted only 3 months. it was bad when they installed it.

Why does the Firestone customer service keep telling me they have escalated my issue and I will be contacted by a "regional manager" or a "divisional manager"? No one ever contacts me. I am very disappointed in the response from Firestone and the fact that they won't make good on a bad repair work. Since I was unable to get any response from a management level individual from Firestone I decide to try and reach out through the Firestone Facebook page, they seem to respond to comments but I've come to realize those responses are simply "bots" and not real people. I see too many others on that page that have experienced the same thing I have, they get promised a contact from Firestone but know one ever actually contacts them to resolve their issue. The really sad part is that now Firestone has deleted all my posts and blocked me from posting additional comments on their Facebook page. All of this to try and get Firestone to do the right thing. It's sad. Once a great company that was trusted for auto repair now rips off college students.

It is obvious that Firestone will not stand behind its work. I guess they win. I hope they are happy they were able to rip off a consumer. Hopefully, I will be able to educate enough other people on the Firestone business practices so others are not taken the way my son was. Luckily, there are enough other auto service options. Good job Firestone, you should be very proud. It is my new life mission to make sure everyone I know and will ever know goes out of their way to avoid giving this horrific company any money. You know the old retail saying, “Satisfied Customers Tell Three Friends, Angry Customers Tell 3000."

I hope your lawyer can help you and your grandchild. Good luck