Firehouse PromotionsScam solicition

We received a call from a lady identifying herself as a representative of Firehouse Promotions. They are working with the Marion Fire Department, putting together message boards for every household in Marion, Iowa. She solicited our business to purchase a 2x2" square ad on this message board for $400. She then offered it to us for $300, as a last minute deal. I told my husband to hold off; started doing some research on the Internet, and found many complaints about this company. It appears to be a scam. I found complaints listed for other states, the closest being Moline, Illinois, but nothing in Iowa. Watch out people in Iowa!

More Firehouse Promotions Complaints & Reviews

• Fi
    Firehouse Promotions Oct 26, 2009

I am the head of Administration at Firehouse Promotions, Inc. We do in fact have a contract with the Marion Fire Department in Iowa. We have also produced and shipped the fire department and the Advertisors their product. How are you able to comment on something that you did not have any involvment in?????

• Ro
    Rodney P Apr 02, 2011

I am A Public Educator with a Fire Department in Illinois.
    Fire House Promotions contacted me and said" they will give us up to 5000 boards at no charge, I asked how they will get their money and they said Public education Grants but some businesses have their advertisements on them. Come to find they are contacting local businesses and telling them that "I have asked them to call on behalf of the Fire Department. "Not True
    They are a scam!!!

• Ra
    Razmik Dec 31, 2013

They are the Biggest Scam Scums!.
    I unfortunately fell in to their trap and paid them for an ad that ended up in Fairfax Virginia City Hall pending disposal, and the number of the boards were 200 in total.
    I wish I had seen this review prior to my being sucked in to their scam.

Angie Mendoza Nov 25, 2015

They are now calling businesses in Fort Wayne, IN. Thought it was odd that they were calling from the Fort Wayne Fire Department, but the call came from a Moline, IL number. [protected]. Their website looks thrown together and non-specific.