Fidelity Brokerage Services Logo

Fidelity Brokerage Services

Having problems with Fidelity Brokerage Services?

Fidelity Brokerage Services Customer Service Contacts

800 5446 6666 (International)
1803 1532 0623 (Indonesia)
1800 911 0010 (Colombia)
1800 288 2872 (Mexico)
+1 800 343 3548 (Customer Service)
+1 800 835 5097 (NetBenefits)
+1 800 544 5555 (Fidelity Automated Service Telephone)
+1 800 544 2976 (International Trading)
+1 800 544 3455 (Managed Accounts)
+1 800 323 5353 (Fidelity Visa Gold Check Card)
+1 888 551 5144 (Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature Credit Card)
+1 888 377 0323 (Fidelity HSA Debit Card)
+1 800 952 4438 (Existing Fidelity Charitable Accounts)
+1 800 262 3518 (New Fidelity Charitable Accounts)
+1 800 634 9361 (Existing Annuities)
+1 800 345 1388 (New Annuities)
+43 800 200 288 (Austria)
+32 80 013 236 (Belgium)
+852 800 961 111 (Hong Kong)
+54 800 222 1288 (Argentina)
900 Salem Street
Smithfield, Rhode Island

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Fidelity Brokerage Services Customer Service. Initial Fidelity Brokerage Services complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Fidelity Brokerage Services above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Fidelity Brokerage Services. Discuss the issues you have had with Fidelity Brokerage Services and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Fidelity Investments — sanjay chakladar of fidelity investments

A warning about Sanjay Chakladar Sanjay Chakladar tries very hard to act American. In fact, he is a little...

Fidelity Investments — sanjay chakladar / fidelity investments

A warning about sanjay chakladar Sanjay chakladar tries very hard to act american.In fact, he is a little...

Fidelity Investmentsnon disbursal of pension funds

Fidelity investments was supposed to disburse my pension funds 10 months ago... Still waiting... Filed a complaint with sec. Corporations should avoid fidelity at all costs.

Johnson and Doshier Mar 16, 2012

I filled out the request to have my pension disbursed to me first week in December 2011 and here it is March 16, 2012 and I have had so many problems and excuses from this company that its pathetic. I worked as manager in the customer service department for BOA mortgage area and they are no different there. I have seen some things that a person wouldnt believe a company would do. Anyhow that is a whole different story. First they told me I didnt complete exactly right, however, the system said it was ok and I was being mailed documents to go over, get notarized and send back. Weeks went by and nothing. I called and the rep at Fidelity said I would have to start over. I did, and same thing. Finally, I got paperwork, and sent it back overnight the same day, this was last week in January. Every week the computer says you can expect your check no later than February 10, then they change it to February 17, then to February 19 and now it has March 16, 2012 and was told it was changed to March 23, 2012. And now, they tell me this is just a estimate. How can Fidelity send me letters that say You can expect your check No Later Than February 17, 2012 and every week they change the date a week out? I have went round and round with the reps and several have put in research tickets, escalated it, and no one calls me back. Damn, this is like being stuck in A Fidelity Pension Nightmare and when will it end? What can I do? Who can I talk to? I am to the point of giving up on life altogether. This and whole situation has me in Depression so bad. Pleae, anyone send me some advice.

Johnson and Doshier Mar 16, 2012

im thikin they probably keep it longer and longer to collect the interrest off your money. My grandpa had problmes with Fidelity a few years ago, 2009, and it made him sick to the point he had to appoint an attorney to help him. its awful he had to pay 3 thousand five hundred to lawyer and then 2 weeks after he got the money put in his bank, he died. i have no respect for Fidelity and I pray God's judgement on them as with what happened to Enron, Countrywide and others that areso scandelous, evil, and take advantage of people that worked most of their lives and allowed Fidelity to use their hard earned money and now they think the money belongs to Fidelity and they can treat people any way they want to and not follow the law. well, there is a law far greater and a God that is far closer than most think. Goodbye Fidelity, judgement day is near. That is from God In Heaven, Jehovah-Jireh, Jehovah Shalom, Jehovah Nissi

• Mi
      Michael Vdovets Feb 01, 2016

Really disappointed with Fidelity customer service and handling my IRA accounts. I had business dispute with my partners in 2007 and they rerecorded court filling. This case was dismissed in 2007 by the court; Fidelity had never notified my of a claim against my accounts. I made few deposits to my account since 2007 and again Fidelity had not notified me that there are lock on my account. in 2013 Fidelity internally had restated same claim on my account from 2007, and again no notice to me of this restatement. Unrelated to this I called Fidelity with the question and Fidelity rep told me of a hold. I had immediately submitted copy of discharge order from NY court and local dismissal order of the claim. regardless they refused to release and Fidelity is insisting that I need to produce the original release stamped within blue seal (9 years later after the release of a claim) which means travel to NY from Chicago. They are ignoring copies of a court order and release statement from the court; only originals dated within 90 days.
      Customer service representative flatly refused to escalate my claim to the higher up, stating that he is the deciding authority. Wonder if Fidelity ever monitors these complaints or they could not care less. Just in case, If Fidelity truly checks on complaints the person that insists that he is the highest authority at Fidelity, his name is Cade Wolston; (Fidelity File# W028727)

Fidelity Investmentsmiscommunication from representatives

I spoke to a representative on 02/24 asking about a loan that would be available to me. She stated if I paid off a second loan and told me what amount to pay off, I would be eligible for a new loan. I called back today to inquire about the loan (03/03) I am being told that there is no other loans available to me. I asked to speak to a supervisor and to listen to the call on 02/24 since I had made my payment for the outstanding loan based on the communication I received. They said it would take them 5-7 days to pull the call to listen to it. Are you serious??? First I wait all this time and then when I call back I am being told to wait another amount of days to be told that I would not be eligible for another loan. The supervisor I talked to was so unhelpful.. His exact words were " so I am not understanding what you would like us to do".. Not even apologising for their mistake.. I am done with this company..

Fidelity Investmentsbad faith

Took a lot of time to have allof my accounts sent to fidelity. After being told teat you need $50, 000 to be partof the porfolio advisors. The fee wasn't bad compared to othr advisors. Now after spending hours with teh fidelity agent I get a letter out of teh blue with no advanced warning stating fidelity wil nolonger advise you as of december 31, 2010. No reason given. I sent a letter to the person that signed the letter"wqhatis teh reason?" I get a very rude response in that fidelity gave meall teh reasons. Still no reason. Scottrade here I come

• St
          Stay Balanced Dec 25, 2010

Lowest fees don't mean best service. Anytime a firm doesn't want your business, they have a good reason to take a pass. Why slam the firm in public? I am sure they did nothing wrong. They sent you everything in writing, you just didn't take time to read it. Make sure you read the paperwork at the next firm, or we will have to read about your misunderstanding again. If you want full service, you will need to step up and pay a fair fee. (which means higher) than what you are paying currently. If you want to save money, then you will need to do most of the work. Fidelity felt you were not a good fit for their program, they saw the future, you would not have been happy, so they declined your business. Everyone was served well in this deal.

Fidelity Investmentsretirement fund contributions

On April l5, 2010 I mailed via US Mail an IRA contribution to Fidelity Investments for the 2009 tax year. The deposit slip and check both indicated the IRA contribution was to be used for the 2009 tax year. Fidelity received the IRA contribution on 4/20/2010 and ignoring the letter' postmark, the tax year designation on the check and Fidelity deposit form and deposited the IRA contribution for the the 2010 tax year because it arrived one day after their arbitrary receipt cutoff (4/19/2010). As a result I have needed to file an Amended return with both the federal government and the state.

My complaint is as follows:

(1)Fidelity failed to disclose in any of their written or online literature that an arbitrary cutoff date of 4/19/2010 was in effect. If I had know this was the case I would have electronically transferred the funds or sent the contribution registered mail where I could have provided proof of postmark.

(2)Fidelity deposited the IRA contribution clearly designated for the 2009 tax year into the 2010 tax year. They did so without notifying me of the issue. If I had not been carefully reviewing my accounts for unrelated issues, I might not have caught the issue until the following tax year or at a minimum would have caught it later. Further, I am unable to withdraw the 2010 IRA contribution without fund redemption fees, since the money is already invested in funds with 90 day redemption fees.

In summary, the Fidelity cutoff date is arbitrary and harsh with respect to US Mail. Further they have not fairly disclosed the existence of the cutoff date, nor did they act properly in depositing the account for the 2010 tax year when they were specifically asked to deposit it for 2009. Finally, they admitted that while the postmark date is controlling with respect to a 2009 contribution (must be postmarked by 4/15/2009), they deliberately fail to check the actual postmark date.

The above practices are egregious and place burdens on everyday tax payers and in my case, in addition to an amended return, will result in IRS penalty fees.

• Tr
            trader4000 Aug 10, 2010

People can't be held accountable for your ignorance. Maybe by learning to not procrastinate you could get a lot furthur than you are now. I don't understand how poeple can always complain about service from any type of company when you wait for the last minute to do anything. You sound like the kind of person that would expect the world to bend over backward and have unrealistic expectations. Best of luck moving forward. And by the way, the compliant you have is irrevelant because it is an irs compliant, belive it or not, investment companies can't change tax laws. best of luck

• Be
            beautee Mar 19, 2012

Change to Fidelity

Fidelity Investments — retaliation, fraud and malicious acts of bad faith

Through my experience with Fidelity, I totally agreed with the other investors who have similar horrific...

Fidelity Investmentscomplaint against fidelity investments

1)) I have invested Rs.10000 under tax advanatge fund and given purchase request on 5th of february( Transaction no - [protected]), which is under process as on today after 13 days.After that i regeistered the complaints in Fidelity thrice, but still neither my invested amount is returned to my account nor it is reflecting in my Fidelity folio.

2) I have submitted KYC form along with online application form on 03/02/10 - sent through normal post as per their advise.Also as per their guidlines mentioned in the KYC application form, i have sent my Original Pan card and Voters ID card to Fidelity-Mumbai adress. Still i have not got any acknowledgement on the same and even i have not got my original pan card and voters ID card back

Pls guide me on the above issues, also let me know the correct platform to discuss this issue.

I shall be ever gratefull to you

Thanking you
          Vasude Bankapur

• Ke
              Kevin Mar 04, 2010

I have had an account at Fidelity for many years and it has been frustrating. The salesmen have become very high pressure, getting your money out of your account is difficult - I have had to call the chairman's office 3x to get my money, and they charge you to close your account. I am closing my account this month.

• Ed
              Edward Wang Feb 15, 2011

I recently rolled over my IRA accounts from Fidelity to wells fargo and were charged $50 for closing account. I talked with a customer service representative, he said this fee is charged for keeping my account information, that I didn't ask them to keep.

• Pe
              Pete57 Feb 03, 2012

Have been dealing with fidelity since November trying to get the correct amount so I can start my retirement and they refuse to get me the correct information. I have given them all the correct paper work. I am told they have bumped my case up to high but that has been 3 weeks ago. They never call back with any updates.

Fidelity Investmentsphone rep. misinformation

I spoke with Jusin Catal regarding rolling my Fidelity funds into a 457(b) and asked if there would be any account closing fees for either of my funds. Justin stated that if a $50 close fee applied, notification of that fee would appear on my sell screen when I sold the shares via their website.
            When I performed my close sells online, no notification appeared onscreen, leading me to believe that no close fees applied.
            When my transaction notification came through on the next business day, a $50 close fee was listed for one of the funds.
            When I spoke to a rep named Chase about the matter, he said that although the rep misinformed me, the fee could not be recovered because it was already deducted.
            I will never do business with Fidelity again, as this was the second situation in which I have been misinformed by one of their phone reps that caused me irreversible fees that I was told I would not encounter.
            The first situation was in regards to the ability to contact them collect during my extended time outside of the country. That also was incorrect information that caused me about $72 in low fund balance fees.

Fidelity Investmentstax fraud

A long-ago employer of mine had some type of investment account with Fidelity, in my name. I found out about this many years later, and asked Fidelity for a distribution. Fidelity said they would be glad to send a distribution, but only to an address I no longer lived at. This may seem absurd, but they made it clear that they would only turn over the money by mailing it to an invalid address. So I gave up.

In 2007, Fidelity closed the account without warning, mailed a distribution check to me, and sent a 1099-R notice to the IRS as well. The check went to the wrong address, of course, and Fidelity says it was never cashed. I found out when the IRS contacted me demanding payment of taxes.

Fidelity still refuses to turn over the money. I asked Fidelity to at least correct their 1099-R filing, and they refused to do that as well. They refused to provide any written documentation to me or anyone else. The IRS says that I don't have to pay anything if I just get Fidelity to acknowledge the error in writing, but Fidelity refuses to.

It's one thing that Fidelity owes me money and won't pay; what's disturbing, however, is that they willfully violated federal law. I'm pursuing legal action.

Fidelity Investmentsillegal bond trading activity

Fidelity reneges on it's Bond trades by mysteriously removing the trade after it already fills. From what I noticed twice when this happened both times (May 28, 2009 and June 23, 2009) they seemed to find cheaper shares to replace my sold ones with thus sending me the bonds back into my account and taking my trade and money away (stealing money out of my account as well as stealing my trade).

the trade went through on many forms of Their site, it was filed in the History or transactions, the Balance changed to support the trasnaction, Positions showed the shares gone that were sold, Third Party transactions showed the transaction took place, and orders showed filled with date time and transaction number. Over 30 minutes later it was wiped out without notification or justification or legality to do so. It is illegal to change a trade let alone claim to guarantee trades and not fulfill that guarantee nor make right of such acts being caught red handed.

To rub salt into the wound the supervisors of the Fixed income desk are the ones who handle the complaints even though that is a conflict of interest this is how Fidelity handles such issues.

If you have such issues with Fidelity trading like this or missing dividends and interest payments like I had twice before also, then contact the SEC web site and fill out their complaint form.

In the case of the missing dividend they posted but then vanished like this bond trade, in essence literally taking money out of my account and only placing it back after you notice and complain. How many people don't notice nor complain and how many Fidelity reps are allowed to continue to rip people off because their process of dealing with customer issues is geared towards the thief being allowed to give the client the run around avoiding investigation

• In
                    intelichoice Aug 12, 2009

Michael,

Sorry to hear about the poor service. I work for a full service brokerage and may be able to provide some solutions that will enable you to prevent this from every happening again. Let me know how I can help. -Tom

Fidelity Investments — excessive fees

We recently transferred our ira accounts from fidelity to scottrade and were charged $50 for each account...

Fidelity Investmentspoor service

I have been with a few different brokerage companies over the years…my recent experiences with fidelity investments takes top honors for the worst brokerage house. Worst. Brokerage. Ever. They miss on every level.

Fidelity has one thing going for it…it’s too big to fail, so one can feel comfortable parking money there. It’s not a good brokerage house with with to do any market trading…in fact, it’s one of the worst.In brief: every single transaction you make has to be checked…they constantly make mathematical errors. Every transfer in and out of your core account has to be checked…every single stock purchase has to be checked…every commission charged has to be checked. And then it’s hours on the phone getting it corrected…then it has to be checked to make sure it’s corrected…then it’s more phone when it’s not. Their website consistenly has technical issues…charts don’t work…and quotes are often corrupt. Today their quotes were consistenly off by more than 100 points on the dow…i don’t want quotes…advertised as real-time…that are actually five minutes ago. And one doesn’t know that these quotes that are advertised as real-time are delayed five minutes unless you are comparing to something else that is accurate. If the market is busy…particularly in the first half hour of the trading day…you can be locked out of your account. When you complain to fidelity…you are advised to use the back up system…something they call & ldquo;fast”…a phone ordering platform. That would be great…except when you are locked out of your account on their website…you are also locked out of your account on the phone system…so much for fidelity’s solution.

Their order routing system is inconsistent. I have had stocks trade right through my order price with no trigger. Trading the market is hard work…when the market closes…i want to relax…i don’t want to spend hours poring over my account and it’s transactions…every little detail checked…and then spend hours on the phone getting it straightened out.

I am an active trader…i have an account worth a little under a million…that qualifies me for something called a & ldquo;premium service account”…i have suggested to them that they change the name to a & ldquo;no service account” because that’s what you get…no service. Oh, they are so polite on the phone…so profuse in their apologies…but nothing changes. One week I spoke to six different service reps from the premium service department and got six different answers to a question…the reason I had to speak with six different reps was because every time I acted on their instructions…it was inaccurate information and triggered a problem with my account…so call again…be given more inaccurate information…act again…and trigger another problem…no one at fidelity has any accountability…no one takes ownership of a problem…it’s always & ldquo;too bad, it’s your problem, sir”…put more diplomatically. I started making all my communications with fidelity through their internal email program…so I would have all this inaccurate information on record…to no avail…they are not, in their opinion, responsible for any inaccurate information dispensed by their service reps…good one.

I have, in the last three months, since all this market volatility started, sustained some large losses in my portfolio or missed some fantastic opportunities…all because of fidelity’s incompetence…i will move my account…it’s not an easy thing to do…particularly now…it takes me out of the game for several weeks while the transfer takes effect…but it has to be done…i will not allow them to destroy my portfolio any more than they already have. I suggest that anyone who is looking for a brokerage house…beware…once you lose your money…it’s too late…and fidelity will help you lose your money.

• Al
                      Alan Tuckerman Nov 27, 2008

I agree - Fidelity stinks. I learned that you get what you pay for. People go to Fidelity because they spend so much money on advertising talking about how cheap and efficient it is. But there's this little thing called value - I'd rather pay more and get good service. I tried to do it myself and it was easy when the stock market was going up, but when things turned south I realized I'm not an investment specialist and that it makes sense to find somebody I know & trust then pay a little bit of money to take care of my life's savings.

It sure beats having a 'relationship' with a website and a 1-800 number!

• Wi
                      William E. Booth Nov 16, 2009

They can srew up a 2 car funeral. My annuities are to be distributed on the 15th of each month.
                      They distribute to my bank account on the 17th to the 19th.
                      I use my debit card at a local store (1 mile from my house) and when I get home the withdrawal has been made.
                      They have a song and dance about why this happens and tell me I cannot change the date.
                      This screws up my budgeting for my regular billings.
                      I wish I had never got involved with them.
                      William E. Booth

• Ba
                      babalouee Dec 04, 2016

I totally agree with the others regarding Fidelity's poor service. It almost seems like they go out of their way trying to make a customer's life miserable with dealing with them. TD and Schwab are way more helpful and provide real customer service. Whatever you do, don't ever try and open a trust account with Fidelity, it's not worth the time and effort. Give your business to someone else.

• Fi
                      Fidelity Customer - No More Mar 10, 2018

Fidelity - Horrible Service, Fraud, Incompetence, and Unethical Business Practices

Fidelity used to be great for over 30 years with them, now I hate them so much that I am transferring all my accounts to a reputable outfit that cares about customers - Charles Schwab.

Fidelity is so nasty dealing with their many, many problems, are dishonest and even lie regarding the extreme Web page unreliability. heir web page functions are always breaking down, and turmoil from bad changes on weekly basis. Really poor quality operation.

When you complain, hours and hours on phone with clerks who have no authority, are very
                      unhelpful, and even lie and tell you no one else is having problems. t is sickening to do business with Fidelity. They make me sick, and I am taking my business elsewhere.
                      Everyone I talk to and read about on blogs seems to have same problems with Fidelity and also hate dealing with them, and find them very unhelpful.

Its so shocking that they just don't care about customers anymore, and have become so dishonest and unethical

Fidelity Investmentsresponsiveness to theft of info

I received a letter from bank of new york mellon dated aug 27 stating that my personal information was "lost" (Long story). I don't do any business with them, but they are a stock transfer agent. Fidelity is my brokerage, and I simply needed fidelity to answer some questions about what info they would provide a stock transfer agent for my different accounts. I was told that the "risk department" would need to call me. I have been promised a call-back 3 times now over the course of a week, all within 24 hours, and have never received any call-back. They will happily take money and trade, but if anything is needed on their part, I have received no response. I have escalated to a "supervisor" with the same result. It is impossible for me to understand the extent of my vulnerability without the cooperation of my broker, since bnym is unresponsive and has no interest in me as a direct customer. Other brokers that I am now looking to transfer my assets to have provided the exact same information without me being a customer within 24 hours without issue.

Fidelity Investments — failure to pay late charge on check that arrived late

I have a home mortgage with a payment due date of the first of the month. However, a late charge is not...

Fidelity Investments — refuses to release funds

I operate a small 501c3 non profit, and received a stock donation worth about $20,000. I opened a fidelity...