FFBankruptcy.comBreach of contract

T

This guy took $2, 900.00 from my Father to file my Dad's chapter 7 Bankruptcy (no written retainer agreement). In a little over a year he never even finished the paperwork, never had my Dad sign the paperwork, never filed the case. My father died in June 2008. This lawyer said he would file the BK posthumously to protect the estate. One month later when we checked on the progress of the case, he lied and said he never agreed to file the BK posthumously. So I asked for a refund of the $2, 900.00. His secretary (and wife) Kelly Walsh, refused to refund one dime. I asked for my Dad's file and a copy of the written retainer agreement between Tim Walsh and my father. I was told there was none. I requested an itemized statement justifying the $2, 900.00 fee being used up without refund. They refused, no statement because there is no way they could ever justify not refunding that money. The file consisted of an incomplete chapter 7 petition and they still have not sent me the diskette required if there are more than 5 creditors in a BK. I have asked. They ignore me.

I intend to report him to the California State Bar but do not know how much good that will do as Lawyers do not police their own too well I would imagine. If you need to file a BK or anything else this Walsh guy says he does, do yourself a big favor and don't give him a dime let alone your business!

• My
    My Biz Aug 10, 2008

I too have been a victim of this lawyers incompetence with my own dad. This Walsh prepared a Trust and after the death did nothing to help us know what to so next. Gave us wrong information and we lost a home that had been in our family 50 years due to this lawyer's screw ups. YOU CANT TRUST THIS FIRM WITH YOUR LEGAL NEEDS.