Federal Crime InvestigationHarassment and Scam

J

This is the second round of calls I've gotten from these people. Last time they were in MO, this time they are in Buffalo, NY. Phone number now is [protected]. Last time it was Patrick something, this time it's George Gomez. I contacted HR at work to let them know and to block the calls. Also filed a complete with the Federal Trade Commission. Last time those two things made the calls stop. Maybe it will work this time too. If you do talk to them, tell them you want and mailing address to send your written request to...see what they come up with and cross reference with google maps...the place doesn't exist. I think they might even be working from cell phones that they can throw away and purchase new numbers at will. Just a thought. There are laws that these people are breaking. Last time I dealt with them I quoted the laws to them from the FTC's website. In theory, telling someone they are breaking the law and quoting the laws to them should make them stop. In this case, this guy then threatened to call me non-stop. At one time I had my phone at my desk at work lit up with three calls and my cell phone with two calls. I would answer and place them on hold. If they were going to waste my time, I was going to waste their's. Each of the numbers was slightly different but all very similar.

These people have no idea if you owe money or not. And if you do, and question them, they have no idea how much, or what "client" they are representing. If you owe money, you have a right to request a written copy of what you owe and to whom you owe it. If the company calling you can't provide it, do not pay them. Report it to the Federal Trade Commission.