FeddersPoor merchandise and worse customer service!

Fedders sells air conditioners at Walmart and Sam's Clubs across the nation. The problem is it takes 6-9 months minimum to have one serviced and longer than that to get any satisfaction out of the company. I live in Montgomery, AL (the state capitol) and can't find a service provider. The ONE that was here said that Fedders was such a terrible company to work with that they now refuse to service any of their products. Also, the one service provider said that 90% of their work was faulty air conditioners that they could not get replacement parts for. I have filed numerous complaints with the company, with Walmart, and with the BBB. Fedders finally sent me another air conditioner that they would only guarantee for 6 months. Now when you get a factory-shipped air conditioner with a 6 month warranty, that should tell you a lot about the quality of the product. Save yourself a lot of expense, frustration, and sweaty nights... stay away from Fedders.

• Ac
    AC_man Mar 26, 2009

I'm an air conditioning contractor. Less than a year ago, I puchased a Fedders window unit from one of my suppliers and installed it for a client. To make a long story short, I need to warranty a part in the unit so I called my supplier. My supplier tells me that I have to contact Fedders. I contact Fedders and get an automated service. That ends up giving me another phone number to an authorized servicer. So I call them and they give me a number to there contact with Fedders. I call him and get his voicemail stating that he will be out for 2 weeks. My client can't wait even 2 days because this unit is cooling a server room full of heat generating equipment. Fedders, what a joke. I think I'll go back to installing Friedrich. They cost more but it's worth not having to go through this again.

• Ro
    Rocco1234 Jul 29, 2011

My Fedders AC failed after three months of intermittent use. The Fedders customer service email address listed on their web site is not valid ([email protected]). Buyers beware . . . Fedders is junk.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices