Fanworks IncNO FAN, NO REFUND

I have had an unbelievably frustrating experience with Fanworks; I sincerely question their status as a business, and not a scam organization. My story is that I ordered a fan on May, 19, 2008. As I live in Arizona, when I asked how long it would take to arrive, the rep stated within 1-2 days. I called the next week to see what had happened. After the usual waiting 15-20 minutes for service, the rep stated it was out of stock, and would be shipped on June 2nd. When it hadn't arrived, I called on June 8th. I was told at this time that the fan was "in Denver" and would be shipped "as soon as it arrived on June 29". After returning from a trip, I called again on July 8, and was told that the "truck had been rerouted due to gas prices", but was scheduled to arrive that week. Two weeks later on July 22, I was told by a new representative that the fan had "been discontinued by the manufacturer in China"!!! I had had enough and requested a refund, but the computers had "crashed" (their words), and would have to call back the next week! I did call back six times on six days in a row (7/27-8/3), and never received a response. Finally I reached someone on August 4th and when I was told that their computer system wasn't "able to accept refunds at that time", I requested a supervisor, was put on hold and then disconnected. Finally, I managed to cancel the order on Friday, August 22nd, 2008. As I had most unfortunately passed the credit card limit of 60 days, I have been at their mercy ever since. I AM STILL WAITING FOR MY REFUND AT THIS TIME, DESPITE PROMISES MADE BY "JENNIFER", "DEVIN" AND "KERI". I have left of a total of 16 voice mails and sent 16 e-mails. Incredibly enough, a single e-mail was answered on January 23rd by Keri stating that "I will do my best to get this taken care of as soon as I can." She hasn't replied to any e-mails since. Phone calls are useless. I am stunned that an organization with such unethical and even apparently criminal practices is allowed to openly operate and scam in Arizona. FANWORKS IS A SCAM AND THAT CONDUCTS ORGANIZED THEFT FROM INTERNET CUSTOMERS.

• Ka
    katsand Apr 27, 2009

Same story as everyone else. Just spoke with an attorney in AZ and they told me that basically my case would most likely go my way but to collect the money would probably harder to do. His other suggestion was to make sure to contact the Attorney General's office about this and that if enough people have the same complaint they may be able to work it from their angle. So please please contact the Arizona Attorney General's office and file a complaint. http://www.azag.gov/. I am posting this on all Fanworks related complaints to get enough people to contact the AGs office.

• Fr
    Fred Robertie Apr 06, 2009

I ordered 7 ceiling fans - total price $1050.00 which were never delivered. After repeated phone calls and a range of different excuses the phone number went unanswered. We have had no further response from Fanworks.

Joe Mar 07, 2009

We also ordered a fan back in December 2008 and our charge card was charged immediately. We received an invoice showing a delivery date of 1/12/2009. We went through the same process of trying to get ahold of them to see when it will be delivered. They told us that it was backordered and that we would see it in February. Here we are and February has come and gone. We tried to contact them but with the success.

• Ki
    Kim French Mar 04, 2009

I also ordered a fan for $350 which was immediately charged to my credit card on 1/18/09 and am now seeing they are out of business. I have left many many emails and voicemails and now wish I had looked closer into their business before losing this hard earned money...

• Tr
    Tracie Mar 04, 2009

I also ordered a fan from the ceiling fan outlet.com aka fan works. My credit card was immediatley charged and I did not recieve the fan, I became concerned when I tried to call and send e-mail and I never got a response. My last e-mail it was returned undeliverable. I hope I am able to get my money back thru the credit card company but I am not sure if they are not in business if I will be able to. I also intend to persue with the AZAG.

• De
    Debbie Feb 26, 2009

I have filed with AZAG and got a reply that they are no longer in business, but that is not the case so I just today faxed them a bunch of documents and also reported it to the Internet Fraud dept of the FTC. I got my money back as I disputed it on my credit card at the first hint of scamming, but I will not stop until they are arrested!

• Ze
    ZEEK'S CONSULTING Feb 20, 2009

Same story here. They ripped me off for $600 on 10-14-08. Lies, lies and more lies. I work for my money and this really ticks me off! It's now 2-20-09 and I've been waiting on my refund for over 3 months now. I don't expect to see my money again. I ordered the same fans from Bellacor and recieved them in less than a week, just like they said. Fanworks is a scam ripoff and I intend to pursue this with the Arizona Attourney General.