Family Dollar Storesslandering

6 Nov 25, 2019 Review updated:

My aunt went in the family dollar store on 11-24-19 and she purchase a few items (3), and she paid for her items then exited the store and went to her vehicle and decided to take one of the greeting cards out and fill it out. While in the vehicle an employee of family dollar knocked on her window, my aunt rolled down the window and ask if she could help the employee, the employee responded by stating that her friend heard the door beep and my aunt informed her that she did not hear it beep. Mind you in this store there is an exit door and an entrance door two separate doors. So my aunt informed the employee that she has her receipt and that if the employee wanted to she could search my aunts purse. The employee then said NO that's okay and then went back into the store. Later my aunt received a phone call from a friend stating that his mother was being falsely acquised for theft because of a Facebook Post that the assistant manager APe Maree Phillps-Fay posted on her Facebook. Now if my aunt did steal something then the cops should have been called but they were not called and the assistant manager did not seemed worried about it after she approached my aunt. My aunt DID NOT steal anything and this employee need to be reprimanded for her actions and this post can be taken to civil court and she can be sued for the false slandering.

Family Dollar Stores

• Updated by 6256 · Nov 25, 2019

I understand but what bothers me is the Facebook post!

It’s the Facebook post I am really upset about

I did so we shall see

Okay thanks

• Updated by 6256 · Nov 26, 2019

I already spoke with the store manager and informed them of the post on facebook and she informed me that it will be dealt with and that the employee will get written up. the person who posted it on facebook is the assistant manager that is very young and has lots of learning to do. On another note from what I have heard that several employees at this store post pictures of customers of the similar way calling customers out in public.

Nov 25, 2019

They don't call the police on shoplifters if they recover the merchandise. More often than not shoplifter are let go without any law enforcement involvement. Only time law enforcement is involved is if the dollar amount stolen is felony standard with in most states is $500 worth of merchandise. It's unlikely any shoplifter of a family dollar could steal that much, because the price of the merchandise is so low. Maximum I've ever stopped a shoplifter stealing was $80 worth of cosmetics.

•   Nov 25, 2019

@Kmart 9459 But the aunt was not shoplifting or at least that is what the OP said. Even if the aunt was shoplifting they he no right to post their picture on Facebook like that. The main issue here is they are posting her picture and calling her thief for everyone to see without proof.

• W
      Nov 25, 2019

@Zachary2001 The OP was not with the aunt how is he to know if this is true?

Nov 26, 2019

@Zachary2001 It hasn't truly been established that there was no proof. For all we know the aunt never even made it to her car before she was stopped by the store manager and that the aunt tried lying about stealing, but when the store manager acted as though they were calling the police the aunt started profusely apologizing and gave back everything she stole. If the theft actually were true the post would be allowed.

•   Nov 25, 2019

I’d contact the corporate office and show them the post.

•   Nov 25, 2019

Contact Facebook as well, report the profile with an explanation. Though they do have freedom of speech this could be considered harassment.

Nov 26, 2019

@Zachary2001 It would be extremely difficult to call this harassment since there is no way to know if the aunt would see the post nor would the poster likely know if the aunt even had a Facebook account or any means of seeing the post. Only way this maybe considered harassment is the the poster sent the post directly to the aunts Facebook account or email or some other means to guarantee the aunt somehow knew of this being posted.