9:00 AM - 10:00 PM

Family Dollar Stores / employee conduct

Sh Mar 26, 2019 Review updated:

I stopped by this store on my way home from work around March 20, 2019, and could not go through the entrance as there were 2 women standing right outside the door, smoking cigarettes. I had to go around and enter through the exit. While I was in the store, I noticed one of the women re-stocking the shelves so apparently she was an employee of the store.
While it is nice that the employees go outside to smoke, it doesn't do much good if they choose to smoke right in front of the door. They should move away from the door, so at least the customers can get inside the store without having to walk through clouds of smoke.

Comments

• Te
      26th of Mar, 2019

You couldn't say excuse me and walk past them?

• Su
      26th of Mar, 2019

@First Born Triplet Is that a local or state law? I’ve never heard of that before.

• Um
      27th of Mar, 2019

It depends on the type of building it is. A government building, especially open to the public, the rules are very strict.

• Su
      27th of Mar, 2019

@Um is not an answer! I went to court recently (I won) and the bench outside the doors is marked “smoking area” and it’s about two feet away. I mentioned it to the court officers coincidentally and they said people have the right to smoke. I said I had the right to breathe in clean air. :)

• Um
      28th of Mar, 2019

@SubSquirrel I hear ya. A couple of months ago our management office issued a letter about the dos and don'ts of smoking (anything, including weed) in the buildings, around the buildings and within apartments. It was mostly don'ts. You were allowed to smoke cigarettes and pot in your apartment so long as it is not posing health hazards to immediate neighbors or the office is not getting any complaints.

All would be fine and good but lately someone on the floor below me has been reefering the absolute shi7 out of this allowance. Luk they light up 1am on a Monday morning/Sunday night.!! GFY! That is intrusive and when they light up 6days out of 7 in an average week, double GFY.