Family Dollar Storesdog food

Am Sep 16, 2019 Review updated:

My dogs have gotten very ill very sick after buying a dog food from family dollar. I didn't know why they were sick until I decided to look at the dog food bag and noticed that the dog food sold there was a year expired. I. L brought it back to the store to show the bag expiration date and my dogs have ate the whole bag. They been throwing up and diarrhea and they just came from the vet and they were fine. I am making a complaint of this store having and selling expired goods to its customers. This is unacceptable and my dogs are very very very stress very sick. My email is [protected]@gmail.com
And my name is amy archer and my fiancé asim minitee. If my dogs pass away it will be your stores fault I am very scared for my dogs as there health is at stake and this is a dire situation. As my fiancé and I walked in the store all I mean all of the pet food from cat to dogs are expired!! Some 3 years expired! Bad business the 2 employees today 9/16/2019 at 7:09pm we're very apologetic and gave us a card. I'm not happy as no money in the world can make my k9s german shepard's who are registered service dogs with the federal government my phone number is [protected] I work preforming surgeries so if I don't answer please leave a message.

Family Dollar Stores

Comments

•   Sep 16, 2019

You bought your dogs a cheaper dog food and then they got sick. The blame is on you for buying them cheap dog food and not a quality food.

•   Sep 17, 2019

Your poor doggies, being forced to eat El cheapo crap from dollar stores.

No one else's fault they are sick but your's.

•   Sep 17, 2019

Match made in heaven, these two!

Neither of you looked at the expiration dates???

•   Sep 17, 2019

You fed an apparent service dog this crap???

You don't need a service animal, you need a nurse maid!

• Co
      Sep 27, 2019

Although the owners should buy a better brand of dog food for their fur babies, this isn't there fault. Family Dollar could and should be sued for allowing customers to purchase expired food. You have to display the product as expired or being near the expiration date. As customers, we place our trust in stores that they will provide properly dated items on their shelves.

PS- To the dog owners: Please research which food you buy for your pets. This brand of food has been recalled numerous times for making animals sick.

•   Sep 27, 2019

@Conyers resident but they bought it at family FVKING DOLLAR!!! DOLLAR!!!

you get what you pay for. and they thought they were getting a major deal when they saw it at family fvking dollar so they didn't bother to look at the expiration date. do they eat expired food? and if they do and get sick do they sue the store that sold it? they shouldn't. this is what you get for eating YEAR EXPIRED OLD FOOD!

seriously, dogs are great but vet bills are horrendous so you need to watch what you do to and feed your animals. el cheapo crap from A DOLLAR STORE is not responsible to begin with.

• Co
      Sep 27, 2019

@Um is not an answer! I'm not sure why you keep saying DOLLAR, DOLLAR. Do you think everything in the store is a dollar? It's not! I'm sure they paid anywhere from 15 to 20 dollars for that bag of food. It didn't cost a DOLLAR!!!
    Now should the owners purchase a better brand from their Vet for a dog of this statue? Absolutely!! However, Family Dollar is still at fault. By law they are required to check food expiration dates. Anything approved by the FDA for consumption cannot be stocked on shelves after the expiration date. It is illegal! If the dog owners choose to hire a lawyer and fight this. Family Dollar would be responsible for the Vet Bills and an legal fees. It's not the consumers responsibility to check for expiration dates, it's the stores.

•   Sep 28, 2019

@Conyers resident I keep saying DOLLAR to remind people that they are paying pennies for items that should never be sold that cheaply.

Do you know that this isn't a fur baby but an employee? This is a service dog! That's an employee!

Of course it is the owner's responsibility to check for expiration dates! You mean you don't do that for yourself? Fine then. You can represent these two mo5ons in this ridiculous lawsuit.

•   Sep 27, 2019

I see a date it was tagged and put out for sale but not an expiration date. I also see kitten food as well as dog food but no mention of a cat being sick.

Dailydogstuff.com says it IS legal to sell expired pet food. I’ve not delved into that article yet but it probably deals with “best by” date and specific wording.

Dollar stores generally sell edibles close to expiring or past the date. The dates are estimates and not science. That’s why some food items are bad before expiration date.

Years ago we bought Prime dog food in twelve plastic pouches. I opened the box and green worms were inside the box. Summer heat I figured and we drove back to the store to exchange it. The clerk told us that four other boxes had been returned for worms. The manager didn’t take them off the shelves and kept selling them. We changed stores for dog food.

•   Sep 28, 2019