FAIR COLLECTION AGENCYTHEY HAVE info on my credit report that I know nothing about

R Review updated:

these people have put on my credit report that i owe them $10, 000 i know nothing about this i have never lived in MARYLAND my wife and I purchased our home in 12/26/06 from WELLS FARGO so I don't know what this is they started calling my home in 3/09 and I also told them that they were calling the wrong no.

Sadies Dec 22, 2012

I had the same problem when I had my credit run they came up, it was for a bill 5 years ago during that 5 years they never contacted me, when I contacted them they said that they didn't have access to my info which was far fetched for a collection agency, Then once I had my bill payed they took forever to send conformation to me, when I tried calling to get more info they were extremely rude and told me that there were no supervisors that I could talk to, they also talked over me and ignored my questions all in all I found them to not be professional and to have a disregard for basic laws.
    I would warn anyone dealing with them to be ware and research your rights.

• Bo
    BOOM1234 Jun 13, 2013

[protected] is FAIR COLLECTIONS & OUTSOURCING. The president and founder of this company is, Michael Sobota. Michael is a very bad business man. Michael likes to taunt individuals who know more about the laws within the FDCPA as well as the laws that govern his state for collection agencies. He has openly asked me to file suit against him so I am here ti tell him... OK, MICHAEL, LETS GO ;-) His exact words were "I get sued everyday, do you think I care? Sue me, whatever you have the time for" (as he laughed) If you or anyone you know has been contacted by this company, contact [email protected] collection sand outsourcing.biz and a class action lawsuit will be filed. Please record ALL calls and DO NOT pay this company until they can validate your debt. They must legally validate the debt so please do not be scared when they try to scare you by saying "don't worry I can prove your debt" they cannot prove the debt 65% of the time. Please contact me if you have been contacted by this company.

Marciabg Jul 19, 2019

@BOOM1234 This company is a big FRAUD. An apartment placed me in collections for no apparent reasons and these people taunt me until I pay the debt. They report it each month as a new credit and I know that’s illegal. They will not removed it from my credit even though it was fraudulent.

• Pi
    pissedoffatFCO Dec 05, 2013

I received a letter from FCO stating that I owed $500-600 in fees from an apartment I lived in a year ago. I called to find out the exact amount and work out a deal to pay off any balance I had with them and the representative informed me that I had a second debt with the same company on my credit report for over $6500.00!! I told her I have no idea what your talking about, I never received anything from the apartment community that I owed that money, nor did FCO send me a letter stating that amount. The lady tried to tell me that I didn't pay my rent one month and said on the 22nd of that month there was a 25 dollar insufficient funds fee charged. That was a complete lie. I have the email saying thank you for your payment there is no balance due. I asked them for proof of this debt and they informed me they needed a ledger with the information from the apartment community. The lady told me to call back in a week and see if they received it yet. It sounds to me like they need time to make up fake charges. We'll see what "proof" they come up with.

• Jt
    JT Nov 27, 2014

Got a letter from them, my name was co-signed to the apartment we left many years ago. We even chcecked out with the main office and cleaned the place. The main office never gave us back our deposit! We thought screw it, it was probably for carpet cleaning. There were no damages and etc. We have not heard anything from them in many years. now suddenly 5 years later FCO comes up and slaps my credit report. WHAT THE HECK? WHAT CROOKS! They're out to buy a bunch of paper from apartment offices and tries to unjustly collect. I am going to ralley a group of people to sue their pants off!

• Po
    POinFburg Jan 28, 2015

I received a call from these people that I owed Brittany Commons Apartments over 1200.00 for back rent. I requested proof multiple times until eventually FCA provided a "ledger" with three categories listed under "damages". No damages were reported on final walk through and no one can provide photo proof to charges. When I stated that they need to sue me for damages and recover in court FCA started hemming and hawing and backtracking. They eventually put a collections notice on my credit report which I am in the process of disputing. I believe the apartment and the collection agency is in cahoots as no one can provide proof of these damages. I don't trust these guys as far as I can throw them. I am currently pursuing legal option.

Jack Ernie Jan 29, 2015

Just received a letter saying I owe $3123.25 for Applechase Apartments, Capano Management?? but if I pay by 02/28/15 they'll take 20% off and call it paid in full for $2498.60. It also says "another responsible party on this account is Sherri L. Cudd...WHO IS THAT?? This all seems like a huge scam, where they scare some unsuspecting person(s) into paying off at the 20% discount. Not getting a dime as I know this isn't me!! Never even lived in the supposed Applechase Apartments, come to think of it, I've NEVER lived in an apartment in my life!!

• Th
    Thomas Friend Feb 28, 2015

I just received a letter from FCO that stated I owe $5400+ to an apartment complex we moved from over 4 years ago. We were fully paid up and did not have any issues with the final walk through. They too are asking for a percentage of the total in order to finalize the agreement. I will not be paying, but want to know if you think they will target the credit bureaus. So far nothing. If so, is the only way to combat the issue is to file a dispute?

• Co
    ColeenMD. Mar 04, 2017

@Thomas Friend Sounds familiar. That's the same amount on my issue??? Strange wow what is up with that??

maxedout Jul 15, 2015

Look people, we need to all get together and sue this scam of a company. Im down for a class action suit. Who's with me?

• Au
    Austinnn Sep 01, 2015

THESE GUYS ARE CROOKS AND SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN RIGHT AWAY. I too received a letter from these guys saying that I owed $7000 to an apartment complex called Bella Vista in Woodland Hills which we moved from over 3 years ago in which the apartment complex would never return our call or emails. I would be interested in suing these guys and do anything to shut them down. They should not be in business.

• Co
    ColeenMD. Mar 04, 2017

I've emailed them twice with the same questions about a individual that works in Syracuse Ny that was a so called friend. I co signed for a apartment, the complex never notified me about her not paying rent. She emailed me saying she was paying and just straight up lied . I have emails where she has threatened to ruin my credit and that's what she has done. This is totally beginning to make me angry. They are a collection agency so why had they not garnishing her wages??

• Mo
    molly bush Apr 23, 2017

Ppl have been bothering me since January... Finally showed up on my credit... My story is like everyone else's... Rented an apartment then left.. No issues only rented the place for 4 months... Two years later get a call saying we owe for not paying our final bill... Which I have A bank statement to prove we did.. Now I have a ding on my credit... Currently disputing the claim

• Do
    dowc Jul 19, 2017

I have the same issue as above, the collection letter showing creditor is 660 Washington, Equity Residential, I call them, they said I am the co signer to sponsor a person called Jin Yuan Li, I have never know this name in my life, i have no idea where, when they use my name as this person's co signer to lease an apartment in Boston, I live in NJ. what is that, I have file the complain to the police.