Faded Glory Jeans CompanyBad service

P

I recently bought a new pair of Faded Glory black jeans from Walmart. They are the stretch, straight leg, eased fit jeans. I have bought many pairs of Faded Glory jeans in the past and they always seem to fit and last for a long time. These, however, have a terrible odor. They have a chemical, musty smell. My husband and I both noticed it when I tried wearing them. I washed them thinking that it would help to get rid of the odor. To my surprise, when I took them out of the dryer they still smelled and everything that was washed with them smelled the same way. I sprayed them with Febreze and hung them outside in the cool air - no luck. They still smell. I am rewashing the other clothes with the hopes the smell will come out of them. How do you get rid of this terrible odor?

• Zo
    Zoeymama Aug 01, 2017

Same here. they fit great but the chemical musty odor is terrible even after several washes. Everything i washed with it was infected alsoI I hung them outside and my other clothes luckily smelled better. Jeans however still stink. I bought a couple pairs. Theres this one in particular that reeks! Is the company doing anything about it?

• Be
    Bee92 May 27, 2016

I am absolutely outraged at faded glory! I am normally a size 16 and I had to buy a Size 20 shorts, on top of that since I liked the Bermuda shorts I had to pay 17 dollara and 5he super short ones are 7 dollars. Seriously this is absolutely ridiculous!!!$

MariaD1992 Aug 28, 2015

I currently wear the same jeans everyday for work and if you buy these jeans return them immediately please! I have really bad rashes all over my legs and they are so itchy also the black jeans color goes on my skin and they freakin smell really bad!!!

Comments

• Ke
    kerryjen Jul 10, 2015

I am right there with the comments about the jeans being made so cheaply. I bought a pair of tan capri's toward the end of the season last year so I only wore them once or twice. I pulled them out this spring, wore them 1 more time and washed them. When I put them out of the wash I was surprised to notice the jeans has split along the sides of both back pockets along the stitching. I tried to take them back to Walmart and showed them there must be a defect since they tore in the same placed on both sides after only being worn 3 times. Being last seasons inventory and without a receipt I could not get my money back or a replacement paid of jeans. They refused to return to faded glory to report the poor quality of the jeans.

• Cm
    CmercuryK Mar 28, 2015

Why is it when majority of people are right handed is the hammer loop on the left hand side of all carpenter jeans?

• Ph
    Phil Lueders Dec 11, 2014

We bought some jeans online, manufactured across the big Pond, and yes, they smell like gasoline. I'm not interested at all in how to get the smell out. We just put the pants out in the garage where petrol-smelling stuff belongs. Meanwhile we are preparing to send them back to the good idea people who put the (most likely toxic) junk in the fabric. Don't get the smell out, get your money back...if possible. Consumers are expected to keep on lowering their expectations and just accept this kind of shady business. Instead, we should demand accountability and explanations.

Sam W. Mar 30, 2014

I have bought about 10 pairs of these jeans this last year and every single pair the pockets ripped out on. The jeans are still good but with out pockets they are useless. The pockets are made out of cheap material. [email protected]

• Ga
    Gabrielle2 Jan 28, 2014

I am having the same problem with a pair of jeans made in China, but they aren't the Faded Glory brand. It smells disgusting, like really gross plaque mouth or something! It keeps getting worse with every time I wash them! They fit so good it's such a shame. They are stretch dark wash jeans "KanCan" is the brand.

• Da
    dacegw Jun 20, 2013

I bought a pair of faded glory jeans & the smell like cleaning fluid. I've washed them 3 times & still can't get the odor out. I can't return them without the tags & receipt.

• Up
    upset and disappointed mother Apr 25, 2013

I bought several pairs of little girls stretchy jeans. My daughter wore a pair and the same day the knees are ripped and in teh middle of the leg in the but has ripped. The bad thing is she only wore them the one day. I am so dissappointed that I can't buy jeans and my kid wear them for a while before they rip. Please response to upset mom. [email protected]

• Na
    nananna Sep 24, 2012

My husband wears this jeans and we have gone thru half a dozen pairs already.These jeans have a tendency to start splitting in the crotch area every time.Very tired of this.These jeans fit him great and he is comfortable but after a few washings and wearing them they do this.And it doesn't matter what color they are, they all do the same.

SavvyAbby Mar 18, 2012

Stinky Jeans!!! And washing them does nothing!
    I bought 2 pairs of $13 jeans from walmart light blue & dark blue. I feel bad for the Chinese ppl that have to work with this chemical!!

Faded glory needs to use normal dye, Chinese ppl are probably becoming violently ill because of this toxic crap (I know I would be). And duh, the customers don't like it either!!

F-ing faded glory, stop trying to save .05 of a cent (or whatever the number is) per pair of jeans, by using toxic smelling dye. I'd gladly pay $20 for these jeans, if they didn't f-ing stink. They fit great btw, BUT due to the smell they are unwearable. Thank you.

• Ji
    jim La Mar 08, 2012

We have bought several men jeans at walmart. And all of them have either ripped at the same belt loop or same place on right back pocket.ALL of them have done it. WE are very disappointed in them! Good price on the jeans and we see why, the rip and split in the same place on all the ones we bought!!!

• Ds
    D. schneider Jan 19, 2012

I cannot find the Faded Glory stretch jeans, #FL404178, I would love to order many more. Please tell me how.
    My Wal-Mart and the surrounding ones do not have that style anymore. [email protected]

• i bought a pair and they fit so good and was so proud .but i wear size 16 aveg they was the strech style.i am sorrie to say down the center sem the material just split.i was wondering could the company replace my jeans.my add is 1201 gavin rd bonifay fla 32425, im very disopointed .i have no way to send pictures.

• Ro
    Robbopo88 Jan 01, 2012

Very Cheap jean's in workmanship, They rip so easy around the pocket area's, It's sickining.

• Ro
    Robbopo88 Jan 01, 2012

Yes To who this may concern. I've been buying faded glory jean's for many year's But now i know i'm going to swicth brand's, Because the last 8 pair's i got rip so easy, Mostly around the pocket's, It's like they have cheapined them so much, I'm very disapointed in the quaity of rthe jeans, So even if cost goes up i would suggest you try to put together a better jean, Thak-you and have a nice new year, Robbopo88 .

• Ze
    zedeboy5 Dec 02, 2011

bad smell on black jeans. won't wash away or air doesn't help get rid of the smell.

• Ze
    zedeboy5 Dec 02, 2011

i'm glad to see i'm not the only one complaining about the smelly black jeans. they can't be worn at all because of this. i have tried airing them outside and have washed them three different times. still smell bad.

• Co
    COUNTRY BOY Oct 11, 2011

THE PROBLEM I HAVE IS THAT APPERANTLY THEY HAVE CHANGED THE WAY THEY MAKE THE JEANS. I HAVE BOUGHT SEVERAL PAIR OF FADED GLORY BLUE JEANS. NOW I NEED SOME AND CANT FIND ANY TO FIT. THE SIZE THAT I HAVE HANGING IN THE CLOSET FIT PERFECTLY BUT I TRIED ON SEVERAL PAIR IN THAT SIZE AND NONE OF THEM FIT. I LIKE THE REGULAR FIT JEANS NOT THE RELAXED FIT SO I AM A LITTLE PICKY BUT I MEAN COME ON THIS IS REDICULOUS

• Le
    lee quinton Aug 11, 2011

Faded glory -- please go back to the seven belt loop system -- can't cost you that much -- if I have to pay a little more at least I get what I want. I bought one pair and was so dissatified with only five belt loops that I stopped buying your brand. Lee

MaryOCC Jun 04, 2011

Playtex bras, in one style or two, also have this terrible odor. I have come to think it is something that causes the stretch in the garments. I get sick smelling it. You cannot get rid of it no matter what you do. I bought a pretty doll with a lovely dress from a store and it was "made in china" and had the same stink. In that case there was nothing stretchy but the whole thing stunk.

• Ex
    exgi Jun 03, 2011

I do not buy my clothes anymore that are not made in America. Some of the one's I bought on the past have had holes in the pockets already and they were new. I am now buying online Made in America. I spend most of my time online when I need something because I want American made products not some cheap junk from China, India, Mexico or any other place. European items are still made with pride just like American made.

• Ca
    catladie Parsons Jun 01, 2011

I'm afraid I did the same as all of you above...it seems that walmart and the chinese manufacturers simply DO NOT CARE! And it isn't just black jeans...some of the denim colored pants are the same. It smells to me more like a strong gasoline based bug spray! Like all the rest of you, I can't find ANYTHING that takes out the smell. Hopeing to find a way to get rid of it somewhere on the net. Good luck to all of you and i know where I'm NOT buying pants or jeans anymore!

• Re
    Redber1980 Mar 23, 2011

I bought several pairs of faded glory jeans and have been for over ten years. They have changed the way they make there pockets. They must be thinner or something because all the pockets have ripped where they sewed to the pants. I have some older pairs that are 4 or 5 years old that the pockets are still holding up. This is the only brand of pants I have been buying for over ten years, but this might change things. Kevin

• Am
    Amber355 Feb 28, 2011

Had the same thing happen to me. My jeans were Levi, bought at JC Penny, and made in China. The odor is VERY persistent, still present after several washings. I don't normally sniff jeans before buying, but I think I will start.

• Lf
    LFritts Dec 10, 2010

returning my jeans today! they made me sick! I can see that is has been a problem for some time and is still problematic! Too bad there aren't laws against this like there are on food. I think these jeans are hazordous to our health!

• Je
    jeanexpert Aug 19, 2010

The smell will disappear if you wear underwear and tend to your personal hygiene.

• Mo
    Mom Linda Mar 14, 2010

OK, I've been through this two times already. I bought stretch jeans at Walmart, and the
    smell was horrible, except I didn't notice it until I got home.

So, I said OK, no problem, I will just wash them, and that smell will go away. Anyhow,
    I washed these jeans, and put them in the dryer over ten times and the smell got worse.

So, I just put them in the dumpster, and thought I should never buy jeans from Walmart
    again. Of course I wasted a lot of water and electricity.

Then, a few weeks later, I bought some stretch jeans from Kohl's, my favorite store. And,
    the same thing happened. I never noticed any smell, until I got home, and the same thing
    started over again.

I did wear the jeans once, after several washes, thinking it was just my imagination or something like that. However, the smell is still there, and I don't want to waste anymore
    money, like throwing them out. So, they have been hanging outside for several days, and
    that nasty smell will just not go away.

It was great to see that others have been experiencing the same problem. What can we
    all do about it?

• Sh
    Shug1983 Mar 05, 2010

I purchased several pair of their jeans and they were all fine except for the dark black pair of jeans - they had the same smell you guys reference. It reminded me of a carbon chemical type of smell associated with old copiers. I imagine it's the dye. I have washed them several times and the odor has not went away. I don't wear them because the smell ends up giving me a headache. ALSO, the first couple times I washed these a lot of dye came out of them and stained other things in the washer.

• Wa
    Wal-Mart Faded Glory Jeans Feb 24, 2010

I recently bought these black stretch jeans from Litchfield Wal-Mart [protected]) that have that odor too. I've washed them 4 times now and also soaked them in vinegar. I put baking soda in last wash. It didn't take the smell out but it lightened it somewhat.
    I don't know what else to do with them. I love the way they fit, but I can't spray them down everytime with febreeze before I can wear them. Thats getting expensive.
    I've already thrown away my receipt. Bad thing is...I'm not in the habit of smelling my clothes before I buy them. I didn't notice the smell until I wore them the first time.

• Fa
    FadedGlory Sep 14, 2009

I was just looking for a site to compain about the same exact problem, with the faded glory black stretch jeans. I bought mine about a year or so ago and barely ever wear them because they smell so bad like oil or some chemical. I've gained some weight so because they are stretchy, I just tried them on again, forgetting about how they smelled. All of a sudden I noticed this black stuff all over my fingers and my stomach along with the smell. I thought this is some kind of oil. When I touched the zipper or the metal button, more would rub off onto my fingers. So I got a wipe and started to wipe the zippers and buttons and brads of both pairs I had and the stuff kept coming off and I have already washed these jeans at least ten times in the past, and yes they did make the other clothes washes with them also smell...each time. I read the tags again and realized that they were made in China. What is China trying to do to us. I think this needs to be checked out. Could this stuff be being absorbed into our skin and what kind of illness could it be causing. ???????