FacebookPersonal account

J Apr 03, 2021

My account was hacked and stolen. Since that time I have submitted my identification 500+ times via email to the support email with Facebook. I received one rational response from someone named Ash on the Facebook App page. Nothing since. Meanwhile the thief has removed my picture, has associated it with a Muslim mosque and asking friends for $. I have been in contact with Facebook by email over 500 times. They have responded a few times with -

" Hi,

We can't give you access to this account or help with your request until we receive an accepted form of ID that matches the information listed on the account. Learn more about the types of ID we accept in the Help Center:

Thanks,
The Facebook Team"

I have also posted numerous times on the Facebook app page and once received a brief response from me one named Ash. They asked if my account was hacked. I answered and nothing since. Now I am no longer allowed to post on that page. Several of my old Facebook friends have reported the hacked account as have I. The response received is that this does not violate their community guidelines. I occasionally receive something saying they have my identification and to be patient. It has now been 3+ months and the thief is making their way through the friends list asking for cash and gift cards. And has titled the page as a Muslim mosque.

My entire life for 15+ years is on that account. I do have the history downloaded from 2 years ago and would be able to restore. But most of my Favebook friends and groups would be lost for good because there are now 2 accounts with my name and I'm pretty sure that wouldn't be tolerated in groups. One set of groups is my Ostomy support groups which I had come to heavily rely on in the lockdown and Pandemic. Now I have nobody- on line or IRL.

Please help me. Thanks.

• Ka
    kathleen turley Sep 18, 2021

the same thing is going on with me as well. I sent a copy of my ID and all they sent was a code to change my password. Who ever hacked my fb account changed the settings to where i need authentication code after i put in my password. they have totally locked me out of my account and FACEBOOK WONT HELP ME. I guess im going to have to go on a road trip to their main office to get somthing done

• Ka
    Karru Apr 18, 2021

The same thing happened to me. No one to call, no one to contact. I have sent hundreds of emails to every Facebook email I could find. My personal page was taken over and our business account as well. You can’t do anything about it. I ended up creating a new Facebook . And losing ten years of photos and memories. The hardest part is the friends that have passed away and now those memories I had with them on my page that someone else has control of. And we can no longer access our business Facebook, as I had it connected with my personal page. Facebook only cares about their business and no one else’s. I have my attorney working on a lawsuit because someone has control of our business account and Facebook is unreachable, and it is completely unacceptable and has been detrimental to our business.

• Ca
    Carol Dav May 21, 2021

@Karru I would be happy to join that lawsuit also. It is unacceptable that Facebook has their system hacked and refuses to help us get our account back. They are a billion dollar company.