EZ Smoker / E-CigaretteEZ Smoker

EZsmoker
PO Box 7726
Van Nuys, CA 91409

This company offers a free e-cigarette and you pay $9.95 for shipping according to their Internet advertisements. However, after you provide your bank card details or credit card details, they will repeatedly charge your card with bogus charges hoping you don't notice. Beware of this fraud and avoid making transactions with bank or credit cards for products from this merchant!

EZ Smoker

• Ji
    Jill123 Oct 08, 2009

I agree with this, this rebill behavior is wrong!

• Jr
    Jrryskinner Oct 08, 2009

I have become a victim to the same company. They advertised that you only pay the $9.95 for shipping and there were no terms and conditions or a time limit for the trial. They have charged my account for $89.95 and $29.95 so far and I am not certain if I should send the product back or keep it as proof. I have heard of people sending the product back and being stuck because they have no proof that they have sent the product back regardless of a shipping receipt. If I had known it would have cost more than the initial $9.95 I would have not purchased this product! I have contacted them (smokeanywhereusa) via email a week ago requesting information as to why I was being charged more and how to ship the product back to receive a refund. I need advice to this matter.

• Is
    isitascam Oct 13, 2009

Ordered online, no confirmation email. Hum..
    Package arrived, no paperwork... Sent email to get a RMA and to customer service ( both @smoke51).. I have no way to get contact with this company.
    When I got my cc bill, same charges 9.95 + 29.95 + 89.95..

There was a telephone number on my cc statement next to EZ smoker [protected].. Just a recording, but it tells you if you would like to return your product send a email to [email protected] A few minutes later I did get a return email with an address:

This is a copy of the email::::

Thank you for participating in our risk free trial offer. We are sorry that you would like to return your product. We would like to extend you a limited time offer in the form of $50 gift certificate coupon should you choose to keep your product. You can use your coupon at smoke51.com for anything of your choosing such as accessories or filters . If you still would like to return your product please mail it to the following address. Please allow 7-10 business days for us to receive the product (post office transit time) and credit your account.

Please note: DO NOT SEND MORE THAN ONE EMAIL your email will be answered in the order it was received, if a 2nd email is sent from the same email address to our server the new email will now place you back at the end of the queue. Please allow between 24-48hrs for us to be able to answer your email and respond to your comment or request. Thank You.

Attn. Free Trial Returns
    3101 W Hallandale Blvd. Suite 100
    Pembroke Park, FL 33009
    USA.

If you would like to keep your product and use your gift certificate please use coupon code "riskfree2009" at our online store http://www.smoke51.com.

The Smoke 51 Team
    Thanks and regards,

Makers Mark Oct 27, 2009

I was also scammed by this company. When you are trying to just get the supposedly free trial kit that does cost you 9.95, you are bommbarded with succeeding pages on your screen that try to get you to purchase additional packages. Be sure and check your credit card for charges from firstsave.com in the amount of 20.02 this is a site that charges you for joining a saving club when you agree to purchase the 9.95 free kit! I would also like to thank the prior posts for the Email address and phone numbers for ez smoke.. Makers Mark

• Ve
    very unhappy angie Oct 27, 2009

This e-mail to let you know I never received the smoker, and I will be disputing this with my bank because you have charged me for something I never received. I would like to know how I can resolve this. As for the product there seems to be a few problems with other people so I would not like this sent to me any longer consider this cancelled.

• Su
    suspicious buyer Oct 28, 2009

alarm bells went off in my head when I viewed the web site and the text over lapped portions of the ad. When I was able to piece things together I didn't like what I was reading. I began to smell a scam and further research seems to confirm that. Thank you for giving the consumer a forum for airing grievances with firms who practice deceptive trade practices.

• Ev
    Everyday Sucker Nov 06, 2009

This company is committing out-right fraud! They should be censored by the Federal Trade Commission and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law!

• Kp
    kprofthestars Nov 19, 2009

I totally agree. I too oredered the "free trial" BUT...I went back to the web site and found a "terms of agreement" ( Very small print) It says That after a 7 day trial, if you want to keep the trial you agree to be billed 89.95 for the e-cig kit PLUS agree to the VIP membership of 29.95. It was hard to find, but I did find it I have, as everyone else tried to contact these people to send this trial back and get NO ANSWER! I have sent email after email to no avail! They are a scam, but I should have looked a little closer to the "fine print"

• Em
    Emily from FL Dec 04, 2009

WoW! Was about to see if my mother would order this product for me as a Christmas gift. But now I am definitely NOT GOING to purchase this product from this company--nor probably any other one! This is ridiculous! Where is the Business Bueruea (however u spell that!) when you need them!??? Take heed fellow humans!! This company is scamming people all over the world! DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THEM UNLESS YOU WANT TO SPEND ABOUT $150 FOR ONE FAKE CIGARETTE~~!!!--EMILY-GAINESVIILLE, FL

• Sm
    SmokeitOut Dec 06, 2009

From Smokeitout.com

Companies like this are giving the "Electronic Cigarette" industry a bad name! The auto rebill process is bad business practices no matter what industry or sector. I am not familiar with this company, but I saw their ad on TV the other day and went to their website and it does appear the text is overlapping and looks a bit messy. If you buy with a credit card you can do a chargeback if you feel ripped off and completely unsatisfied, this goes for any company.

There are plenty of legit companies out there selling 'electronic cigarettes' who work very hard for your business and in it for the long haul. Please visit my blogsite for more information and browse other legit companies there, do your research before you buy as it is a great product!

http:/smokeitout.com/

• Sp
    speakingthetruth Mar 12, 2010

I am planning to buy this product so i can quit because we all here know that if we dont we will never see our grand kids grow up. So what i am wondering is, why is everyone b****ing on here? Honestly to me its a hell of a deal for $150 if with this product i can quit a live a long healthy life. Hope you all quit! and stop being a b and crying over nothing.

angelbabiescoach Apr 27, 2010

It's good to see that the owner of this company is monitoring this board and has seen the massive amount of complaints on the practice of their business and has decided to make a comment as asinine and stupid as this! No one is ### and crying on here about the product. It is NOT a deal for $150! They are ### about the fact that the company is LYING about the fact that they are OFFERING the product as a FREE trial for only $9.95 in shipping then under handed-ly charging them almost $110 10 days later for it, and repeatedly charging them $30 dollars a month whether they want the product or not...THAT IS ILLEGAL! So EZ SMOKER, since I now know you are reading this, you had better watch out for a CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT! One is a comin!!!

RepEC51 May 11, 2010

First of all i would like to make it known that Speakingthetruth is not the owner nor an employee of this company. I am an employee of this company. I understand that some people may feel they were not completely disclosed on the terms of the offer. We do offer refunds for all clients that did not decide to keep the product and returned it. If you are one of these people that did return the product and did not receive a refund i encourage you to contact our customer service department so we can rectify the situation. Our customer service hours of operation are from 9am - 5pm eastern time Monday - Friday and the phone# to contact us at is [protected].

• Lo
    LoriOtto Aug 07, 2010

I considered purchasing this product until reading the above comments. I do not want a bunch of xtra echarges on my credit card! The hassel is not worth trying the product.
    Lori

RepEC51 Aug 09, 2010

Hi Lori,
    I am an employee of Vapor Corp which is parent company to Smoke 51 and EZ Smoker. If you would like to just directly purchase the product you can visit our website www.smoke51.com. On our site you can make a direct purchase without receiving any recurring charges. What i suggest for you is to try our Krave 500 this is one of our newest models. It is a disposable E-Cig that lasts for 500 puffs and when its done you simply through it out. We regularly sell the Krave 500 for $19.95 but i would like to offer you a 51% discount code to be used at www.smoke51.com the code is FRIENDS51% or if you like you can purchase a full kit, the code is good for anything on our site.

• Ph
    phydeaux Aug 11, 2010

thankyou for your site...i just found it. i have tried all methods of quitting and am still smoking so thought i would try this new to me method. wanted to check it out...and from the comments i think i will just continue smoking unless i can find find an honest ecigarette producer. again, thanks for your
    site. will be using it ofetn. carolyn mccaffery

another concerned citizen Oct 22, 2010

My boyfriend wanted to order this and I warned him about all these so called " free offers...just pay shipping " only to have them keep charging your card. I told him to use his PRE PAID VISA card, and ONLY put the total amount for shipping on it, nothing more. That way, they CAN'T take any more money out, and you have just beaten them at their own game ! Do this for pretty much anything you order, if you aren't sure and READ THE FINE PRINT ALWAYS !!!

Savy Shopper Dec 21, 2010

Hey Guys
    Anyone ever hear of Entropay, card444, pegcard, or any of the other virtual visa card companies??? Most of these you can load with a debit card, credit card or bank account some with paypal. SHOULD I choose to try a company like Ez Smoker or any other web company I am NOT 100% sure of ...I load a virtual visa with 1.00 more than I intend to allow them access to ...charge ALL you want therer is NO MONEY there till I choose to load is...scam me??????? Noooooooooooo not gonna happen

Savy Shopper Dec 21, 2010

I'm sorry I forgot to mention "another concerned citizen" has a very similar( and GOOD) idea with the prepaid card except with a virtual card I don't have to leave my house to get a money pack to load the prepaid card ...guess that makes me lazy huh

RepEC51 Dec 21, 2010

EZ Smoker is in no way a scam!!! it is explained very clearly when you speak with the representative on the phone exactly what you will be charged and when you will be charged. Also we do not advertise anything as a free offer but a trial offer.

• Ju
    judy lentz Jan 06, 2011

I agree there needs to be a class action law suit against these theifs. I got one better I am gonna dispute the fees on my credit card keep the product and send them the 9.95 I was told the product would cost me!!!That was 9.95 by check!!!ha ha

• Ph
    phillip conrads Jan 11, 2011

placed the order on jan.5, money was removed from my account on the 7th. Today I was notified the package has been shipped and should arrive between the 17-24 of Jan. When I ordered I paid for the express mail priority 3-5 business days, this was important. The operator dropped the ball on this one. When I called back and talked to Nick, he informed me the price is 39.95 and not 69.96 for the same product but I was still charged 79.96. Most definitely disturbing so early into the shipment

• Sm
    smarterthanyou123 Jan 11, 2011

I'm not sure what's more [censor]ed. Smoking real cigarettes or fake ones...

• Mp
    M Perez Jan 12, 2011

I have been smoking an e-cig for close to a year now and it's the best thing I could have done. It was really easy to switch over and has saved me alot of money. I have even made money as an online sales rep and haven't had to do much of anything. The brand I smoke is GreenSmoke and the company is absolutely legit. They don't offer gimmicks and the product appears pricey but it definitely saves money and they stand by their product 100%. I really didn't write to you to advertise but I just wanted to let you know that e-smoking can be a good experience but expect to pay up front. GreenSmoke offers a 30 day money back guarantee and warranties their batteries for
    1 year. I have worn out several batteries and had them replaced very promptly with no problem at all. Customer Service is great! Check it out at www.greensmoke.com/maryperez I'm not sure if you can click on this but this is the website with my sales rep extension. Message me back if you have any questions. I've smoked for over 30 years and switched to GreenSmoke and never looked back.

• La
    laurellango Jan 21, 2011

Like most people I check the ratings w/the BBB and according 2 them ur ratings are very poor so needless 2 say I will b checking with other companies that are honest, after all its my cc that is on the line and I can't afford 2 b ripped off. Repec51 since u are speaking on the behalf why don't u practice on how 2 b honest instead of looking at ur bank account. Remember the Bible clearly says, "what u do in the dark shall b revealed in the light". I know everybody wither same complaint can't b lying.

• La
    laurellango Jan 21, 2011

Has anyone out there know if they will except a prepaid visa card. If so did the proceed 2 inform u as 2 how much u need 2 have on ur card?

• Sh
    Shaerone Jan 21, 2011

I guess the best way to buy from this company is with a Visa or Mastercard gift card. That way they can't rebill.

• Lo
    lovelaughlive Jan 23, 2011

I think that everyone is over reacting, just a tad. Here we are blessed with an alternative to quit smoking and nobody is seeing the positive side. Like all things in life, nothing comes without a price tag. I agree that it is a bit irratating that EZ smoke does not highlight the "extra charge" disclosure. But, isn't that up to the consumer to search for that type of information when purchasing a product?? I'm on both sides, I just think maybe everyone should focus on the more positive

RepEC51 Feb 03, 2011

It is very clearly disclosed to everyone that calls in about the EZ Smoker that they are giving you the product for $9.95 and charge you for the replacement cartridges. There is no scam about it at all some people just prefer to hear what they want instead of what is actually being told to them. If you have any problems with the EZ Smoker you can always contact their customer service department at [protected].
    Laurellango,
    Yes there are a couple of people on here with the same complaint and we have over 10, 000 customers that have not complained and are happy with the service because they listened and understood the offer. So I am more inclined to believe the majority over the minority plus I am the manager of the customer relations department and review phone conversations on a regular basis to ensure our call centers are explaining the offer clearly and correctly.

john f. bundschuh Feb 07, 2011

wrong!!! i ordered because of a t.v. commercial that said FREE. i have no complaints yet cause i just got it, but i was told its just vapor and nicoteine.i told the rep. my physical problems. when i got there was a warning it could be bad 4 people who had diabetes, high blood pressure, and heart problems. i have all 3, yet the rep. did not mention that.

RepEC51 Feb 07, 2011

john f. bundschuh
    The reps you are speaking with are not doctors. For any questions like that you should always ask your doctor and not a representative on the phone that is taking your order.
    It does say you get the product for free on the commercial and you do get the kit for free but you have to pay for the cartridges as was explained to you over the phone.

• Ga
    Gail Stegall Feb 07, 2011

I to was lead to believe that you recieved the complete kit from the T.V. offer for only $9.95 then after that
    you would be billed for the additonal filters after the first 30 days. When I recieved the kit the enclosed bill
    stated that I was charged $69. plus shipping and handling plus sales tax! I have called several times to the customer service # and they always give me some excuse. Also when I recieved my order it was incorrect they sent the origional favor instead of the menthol and I am still waiting for the correct order.
    Gail Stegall
    [email protected]

RepEC51 Feb 08, 2011

Gail Stegall
    I am sorry you misunderstood the offer. You do receive the kit for $9.95 but you are charged $69.95 for the cartridges that will be needed to use the kit and that will continue each month there after until you decide to cancel.

• Ik
    iknowitwaytowell Feb 10, 2011

Well i really hope they do this to me...i will personally fly down to where ever the hell they are and demand or otherwise get my refund all of the money they been chargin out of my account...i had enough with these online product thats why i rarely or if ever use the internet to buy product unless it is a site that i have been recommended by a fellow friend...sorry for you guys problem with these i have been thru a lot with these kind of scams...i have to close down 2 of my bank accounts...different banks because people out there got a hold of my informations and started usin it for the wrong reason.

• Ke
    kentuckian1 Feb 13, 2011

I too have been scammed by this product. I was told the same thing pay 9.95 and the item was free, I fell for this and when speaking to the person who took my order he was selling these other things which i told him i wasn't interested. After receiving my product, I checked my banking account which showed 9.95 plus 79.95 ..I tried to call and only got a recording, I am very dissatisfied with the product. Seems that the only way to get rid of this billing is to cancel the card you use to make the purchase, and get a new one. I too think that if this is the way that business is handled it should be reported to the proper authorities... If anyone is planning on buying this product I got one word... Ripoff!!!

• Ka
    kallo201 Feb 13, 2011

i oderd the easy somker awhile back n it never sent n they still charged me n thy said it was a free tril but charged me 70 dollers!

• Pj
    pjoh113 Feb 14, 2011

I called to find out what the total price was for this risk free offer, the rep. kept saying 9.95 plus shipping and handling charges He then continued with his script which he then asked for my card number. I gave him the info. then he continued with his script. He then said something about billing every month and a charge would be charged of 69.95 I then told him no thanks I don't want this product, he then put me on the line with his supervisor who stated that the card has been charged and that I would not be able to back out of the order at this point, but he was really rude in the process I began saying you do not have permission to bill this card and he disconnected. I then had to monitor my card for days to make sure they did not bill me. This was a terrible experience. I will go buy one of the electric smokers from the smoke shop. This is an awful company no matter what they say.

• St
    Styla Feb 15, 2011

Thank you to everyone for warning me about this scam place. I was so excited to get on here and get some e-smokes. You all just saved me a bunch of heartache. I am NOT gonna purchase from these ppl and I hope that everyone who sees their ad on tv comes to this website first.

RepEC51 Feb 15, 2011

The company is not a scam they are giving you exactly what they are offering on the advertisement a FREE electronic cigarette. All you end up paying for is the replacement cartridges. This is all clearly explained when you contact the call center to place the order as well. We have tens of thousands of clients and only a couple of complaints so I am sure there are far more satisfied people then unsatisfied people.

• Ly
    Lyzitt Feb 18, 2011

To Rep EC 51
    check spelling re: throw not through.