EyepothesisI had no idea this was a scam

J

I got an email about testing products, then reporting back to them, then getting to keep the item. I never gave them my debit card number. I sent them an email to ask how the got my card number and who gave them permission to use it. I didn't. I did not hear back from them. I called the phone number on my bank statement. I just got a recording. I couldn't talk to a person because it was a machine taking the call. I really need that money. I am on disability. I had no idea this was a scam.

• Ge
    GEORGE R. WOODS Nov 19, 2008

My name is george woods. You have a transaction pending on my checking account. First of all your company tricks people by put 1. 85 for
    Shipping to get them to bite. It's actually 8. 00 being taken. I think this is bad service. Hidden fees and all that. I cannot afford the 78. 00 transaction pending to be taken soon. I am a single father of three. And the last time i checked, money does'nt grow on trees. My lawyer will me contacting you as well. As soon as the bbb gets done with you. I need you to cancel my socalled membership now please. Put my money
    Back and don't send anymore spam to me thank you

This is rediculous

• Vi
    Vicky Rupe Jan 25, 2009

I receive a free trial, however I did cancel my order. My card was still charged. I am far from being happy. I did however contact the attorney general so It won't be long before this company will be contacted. If anyone else and I know you have please help by also contacting the attorney general's office.

• Mi
    missy Jan 25, 2009

I also ordered a free trail, I received it and cancelled it before I thought would be a 10 day trail. My credit card was also charged.
    This company should be put out of business. I offered to return he product which burns my skin and I cannot use, but they refused to help. Please let me know where I can file a complaint about this company
    Thanks

• Ka
    Kay Berry Jan 28, 2009

I agree with all of the customers thast haved complained regarding the products:
    Eyepothesis
    BellaBrite
    Ultimate Facial
    I AM CANCELLING MY ORDERS. dO NOT SEND THESE PRODUCTS NOR BILL ME!

• Bn
    bnkr Jan 30, 2009

I will be complaining to the state attorney general in my state as well as CO. They did not respond to my cancellation until after their stated period of time was lapsed. This is unfair and deceptive trade practices.

You have 60 days in my state to dispute a credit card charge. Take that route since this company is not responsive to complaints...if you can in your state of residence.

I think their customer service dept is the company defense department! They have no interest in serving a customer, only tricking them to get their money!

• Bn
    bnkr Jan 30, 2009

just search the word eyepothesis, read the complaints and know that I agree with all of them. Never fall prey to a flashing ad on the internet...it leads to no good in most cases.

• Me
    Melly Mel Feb 03, 2009

Companies like this one do these types of things due to the fact they know they can get away with it. Perfect example, the guy who took pepole money to clean up their credit scores. He was to pay their bills instead he pocketed the money. His punishment given to him the the Attorney General, he can no longer operate that type to business. In the meantime he living high on the hog. I was taken in with the old, "free you only pay for shipping". The disclaimer was hidden in the are you 18 years or older. I also called customer service, which was a waste of time. I refuse to let this go. If there's anyone who has taken action and gotten satisfaction please share with the rest of us.

• Ju
    Judy Mar 12, 2009

Has anyone tried to stop these people from defrauding people like me? I only wanted to try the product and, as all other products have proven, it doesn't work. How can they legally charge you for something you have return?

• St
    storm mcmurray Mar 26, 2009

they say u only pay shippinning and the product is to be free but thats a lie thry charge u anyways its all a scam the product does not work like they say

• Bo
    bonnie Apr 03, 2009

I ordered a "trial" of this product and before I could even try the product I was charged $78 There was no invoice in box, just a poorly packaged jar. I called customer serv (big joke) and basically they are charging you for travel time and give no rational reason for this poorly timed trial. They were of no help, so basically they are preying on those who have physical and financial limitations. This company is totally a scam

• Ki
    kim May 12, 2009

cancelled 2 times and they keep trying to charge my credit card, wasted 1 hr trying to get my bank to remove their charge and refund me my money!

• Ni
    nieve Sep 17, 2009

I read the complaints...and agree. The company is a scam. I couldn't get a refund..and my bank was no help either.These people should be punished for their actions.If not in this life time...then in HELL !!!

• Sh
    sharron Ann Calhoun Oct 03, 2009

This company should be put out of business due to its scaming innocent peole that they deal with. I cancelled a product and they still billed me causing a over- draft fee to my bank and they refused to pay for over-draft fee. I will report to the better business breau.

• Do
    DOREEN BABCOCK Oct 04, 2009

dear eyepothesis company, 10/4/09

my name is doreen babcock & i ordered this product on my credit card...now they keep sending me shipments of the
    product without my permission & keep billing my credit card automatically and i want them to stop sending me any-
    more shipments of this product & i want them to stop billing my credit card # i gave them i haven't used up the last 2
    shipments they sent me...please stop sending me anymore shipments & stop billing my credit card automatically i
    did'nt expect you people would go ahead & just take it on your selfs to keep sending me shipments & billing my credit
    card i want it stopped...as of recievement of this message...thank you very much DOREEN BABCOCK APT 8
    117 WHEDON ROAD SYRACUSE, N.Y. [protected]

• Ar
    artifist Oct 29, 2009

Company charged my credit card $78.41 even after a request to cancel the order had been verbalized. Upon attempting to deal with the situation a representative from the company (whom I think is the only person in the office) was very rude and threatened to hang up on me.

• Ju
    Juanita Pagan Jan 21, 2010

Eyepothesis supposed to have a 24 hrs.service I've being trying to get someone on the phone and the only thing they say the office is curently close .
    How are we going to get our money back for something I didn't get ?
    This people are doing some kind of fraud and get we are paying for this FRAUD.
    What is the law doing about this?
    Juanita Pagan Gines from PR

AngelWong Feb 24, 2010

STRONGLY AGREE !!! The same thing happened to me too !! I don't know how to get my money back, the product is JUNK !!!

john tpey Feb 24, 2010

This company is full of ### and they told us we didn't send back the product in time and refused to give a refund to us and also the other company ivory white did the same thing to us. I filed a complaint with the attorney generals office and also with the BBB. I also called the prosecutors office and filed a complaint because I wont let them keep my money. I'm still waiting on the attorney generals office to let me know what I need to do next. I have made it my goal for the year to get them both shut down for good and to possibly give back money to consumers. They are both shady and should be shut down. I know if I ran a business like that I would be shut down where I live in Indiana. I'm also finishing up a web page to let consumers about both companies, Eyepothosis and Ivory White. They are in the same building and I'm sure they are scamming thousands daily. The sad thing about my situation is I was doing this for my wife to try these things to make her feel better from her cancer, she has passed away since but I just feel so used by this company. Spread the word everywhere as I do, I hand out flyers to people and post them in all business that will let me so people know. I also have been in contact with all the magazines and papers that they advertise in to let them know what kind of company they are advertising for.

• Th
    THE BIG MISTAKE Mar 16, 2010

PLEASE LISTEN TO OUR STORIES WE ARE NOT FALSE ADVERTISING UNLIKE EYEPOTHESIS MY CREDIT CARD HAS ALSO BEEN CHARGED WHEN I CALL I AM ASKED TO ENTER MY TELEPHONE NUMBER AND WHEN I DID THEY SAID THAT MY NUMBER DID NOT EXSIST WEHN I WANTED TO SPEAK TO A REPRESENTATIVE THEY ASKED IF I WAS CALLING ABOUT A FREE TRAIL AND I TOLD THEM YES THE ONE THAT WAS CHARDGED TO MY ACCOUNT AND THEY HUNG UP ON ME PLEASE PLEASE I CAN NOT SAY IT ENOUGH PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM EYEPOTHESIS...

• Mr
    Mrs. Pollyanna Dreamgirl Apr 26, 2010

Received what I thought was a "free trial sample" for filling out a survey. Called to cancel membership within allowed days, but found out $78.41 had been charged to my credit card. Person I talked to on the phone was very snippy and said "We DON'T give out free samples"!

After reporting to the Better Business Bureau, my State Attorney General's Office, and filing a dispute on my credit card, the $78.41 was refunded on my credit card. I had offered to return the unopened sample, but have not heard that they want it back.

Joanne M. Moreno May 24, 2010

Hi, my name is Joanne on 5/10/10 I gave my name, address, dob and cc# for ONLY ship & handling for a a "free" sample of EYEPOTHESIS-20 min eye lift, no problem there...i go to my checking account and see that a charge of $78.41 was taken out of my account. I am very angry since no sooner did I place the FREE order that this repersenative, Dan, asked if I just placed this oorder and if I wanted to continue getting it on a auto shipment, I said NO NO NO, I live on a fixed income on SS, please look into this matter and I would like a refund or I will have to contact a friend of mine in the legal department. Thank you for your time and attention to this matter. The bank was wachovia, date of withdrawel 5/2010, again thanks. My email is [email protected] if you could kindly send me an email with some kind of reply, thanks
    Sincerely, Joanne Moreno

• Pp
    PPradhan Jun 13, 2010

I AGREE with ALL the complaints listed.

Taking the product returned and charging us for it is CLEARLY against the law. I am more than willing to support any legal action against these frauds. I am also happy to initiate an action if I can find an attorney willing to help me without any further financial burden on my side (perhaps sue the company for his/her legal charges). I am open to anyone who can educate me about any related consumer law(s). You can email me at [email protected]

Got the trial product, used it ONCE, and returned the product according to their policy. They received the product 2 days late and so decided to charge me $78, which is supposed to be the cost of the month's supply of the product they sent. The $78 fee was according to the contract so I could not do much.

1. Called them asking if they could waive the fee although they received the returned product 2 days late. They said 'no'.
    2. Then sent them emails and left voice mails (because they did not pick up the phone) explaining that they now have the product AND they charged me for it, and so they should give me back one or the other. This is clearly robbery. They said NO again. The response to all my emails was 'please give us a call...' But when I did, they did not pick up the phone. The series of email exchanges lasted more than a month until I was finally able to talk to someone on the phone.
    3. It seems like the only thing the customer service knows how to say is 'sorry, we can't give you back the product or the money'. but they did not really have any proper explanation. They said my case is "old" and so they cannot 'reopen' the case. They also said they never received one of my voicemails and accused me of lying.
    4. I was sick of talking to the customer service so I asked them to forward the call to their supervisor. They openly declined. I sent an email to the supervisor. Some customer service lady got back with the same 'please give us a call' message.

• Cm
    c. mcclarnon Jun 28, 2010

I returned the unused sample and cancelled my account then I found out that my credit card had already been charged $78.41 for the product. I called the company and was told that I wasn't eligible for a refund. I argued with them asking why they took the money out of my account after I had cancelled, they gave me no answer, got very rude and hung up on me. Companies like this need to be put out of buisness. They are nothing but SCAMMERS !!!

Janice L Condy Aug 17, 2010

The same this has hapened to me. I ordered a free trial and now this junk keeps coming irratically and more and more charges are being applied towards my credit card. How can I make them stop? I can't afford this. What a rip of!!!

• Li
    Lindakay Aug 23, 2010

was sent this Eyepothesis, and the ad said I had up to 8 days to cancel. My emal is [email protected] I don"t want any sent to my home. So CANCEL my order.

• Ca
    Carolyn Mortenson Sep 05, 2010

I agree totally with complaints. I returned the trial (after calling and obtaining RMA number) within the specified period of time; however, they charged me $78.41 and the bank will probably charge me OD. I am on Social Security Disability Income -- this was my grocery and gas money for a 2 week period. I explained to them that this meant I could not get adequate food or gas for this period, they did not care. The reason they charged me was that even tho' I returned the unused product, I did not return the torn open cellophane envelopes (3 of them) that contained the used eye patches. The returned left over product was in a bottle. I never dreamed, nor was I told that they wanted these 3 empty, torn envelopes back (I didn't consider that 'unused product").
    Also, they will not allow you to speak to anyone up the ladder at their company. you have to write their 'Director' Brian Lint to even make a request. He is 'above the rest of us so far that he cannot talk with customers'. They could care less about retaining a 'customer' or about a human that they have scammed.

christina blaylock Feb 06, 2011

i signed up for a free trial of this product and found out that it is a big scam...even through BBB...I want out before i'm charged additional fee's on my credit card w/o my permission. I should have looked furhter into this but i did not until the product arrived and i went online to check it out and googled and showed several websites reporting this as a scam, I have already put in a request to cancel before it get's too far,

• Sh
    Sherry Black Apr 12, 2011

I recieved a trial sample of this product but called and cancelled the order but the $19.43 was taken out of my account, so I called and the lady told me because I canceled the order it was never taken out of my account.Well, the bank statement shows I was billed.Now Im sure Im probably fighting a loosing battle with these people from what I have read about this company.Legal action should be taken against companies such as these.

• Wa
    waco61 Jun 24, 2011

this is a scam and i am very pisssssed how in da hell are they going to charge someone and i never recieved my trial for 1.03 then you send me a pkg for 78.4
    1 and never recieved my trial they should be reported to the police that is there way of getting people 's information offering a trial then baam we get charge for something we never recieved that is called slander and theifs if you ask me

• Cl
    clarissa R Jul 05, 2011

I have bought many different types of products online and never encountered a SCAM like this one... I had went ahead a placed an order for a free sample you just needed to pay for S&H. I would have never been part of a product company that has an automatic monthly product sent to you with out trying out the product first. When I did receive the product you weren't able to test the product or you would loose the $80 refund, which they did not specify it would be taken out of your credit card before you even get the product, not allowing you to even cancel the full charge and I had never opened the product, was still in my trail date, and wanted to send the product and all of it's contents back...I am so very disappointed in this company that could care less about their customers!!! This truly was a huge scam and I will be trying to do what ever to get the refund I deserve. Good luck in doing the same...7/6/2011

• Ka
    karerenea Jul 07, 2011

Similar to everyone else's complaints about this company, they stole $78.41 from me when they refused to refund my money. What company in the world does not issue refunds when you return a product? Their website claims they have customer service reps who will assist you with anything! The only thing they kept repeating was "there is no manager available" and "we will not refund your money".

• Re
    Rebeca B Dec 13, 2011

I signed up for a free trial, they charged my card several times to pay for "shipping" in the amount of $3.87. THEN, they gave a 5 DAY period to "try" the product... However the product never arrived within the 5 day period!! So when they charged me $78.41 conveniently on the day that i called to cancel, they told me that they would stop billing my card, HOWEVER they cannot refund my account, even though I return the item in it's original unopened package, which is STILL at the post office since I live in a gated community, they were unable to deliver the first time. I don't care but I should be able to return any item I please, I cannot possibly be forced to purchase something I do not want. And a 5 DAY TRIAL period??? That is ridiculous. Delivery alone takes from 5 to 7 days!!! End of story, they will not refund my money, and needless to say I have never ever done business with ANY legitimate company like this. I have never been told NO you cannot return your unopened, brand new product. What the hell!!! Do NOT purchase from these people!

• Ca
    Carolyn Beckington Dec 13, 2011

I have closed my account with them over 2 months ago...they keep sending the product & billing my charge card...every time I go to my acct. On the computer they say that the account has been closed...how do I get any recourse? If I send back the product, I'm afraid they won't credit my charge card? Seems like a no win situation!!!

• Vi
    Vickie Hensley Feb 10, 2012

They took 300 dollars before I realized they were deducting from my checking account. I did not receive the trial package as I had ordered. This is a big scam. My husband does our banking and he noticed a deduction 3 times for the same thing and ask me about it. How do I go about getting this rectified since all I get is an automated answering machine?