ADVERTISIMENT

ExtDeviceSetup.comFake website for arlo support

J Mar 02, 2021

I searched for a Windows download for the Arlo camera system and fount the site https://extdevicesetup.com/arlo. I clicked to download the install that errors out at 99% from and computer, location or browser. I clicked on the chat option letting them know the link doesn't work. They wanted to access my computer to see why it was failing. I said the link is bad because i've tested the download from other locations as well. They still wanted access and when I said why is access needed when the link is bad... They then confessed that they are a 3rd party company and they charge for services. I asked why the website has the Arlo logo making it seem it's the actual website and why they didn't disclose this info in the very beginning before wanted to access my computer. This is a scam company. Beware!! They have put bad links for the downloads not to work in order to gain access to your computer.

Comment Guidelines