Experian Information Solutions Logo

Experian Information Solutions

Having problems with Experian Information Solutions?

+1 714 830 7000 (Head Office)
+1 224 698 5600 (Office In Schaumburg, IL)
+1 866 751 1323 (Data Breach Support)
+1 800 854 7201 (Technical Support)
+1 800 478 0650 (Business Data Reporting)
+1 888 243 6951 (Credit Services)
+353 18 469 100 (Ireland HQ)
+44 203 042 4200 (United Kingdom)
+44 115 941 0888 (Operational HQ, UK)
The Sir John Peace Building, Experian Way, NG2 Business Park

Newenham House, Northern Cross, Malahide Road, Dublin 17, Ireland

United Kingdom
Cardinal Place, 80 Victoria Street, London, SW1E 5JL, United Kingdom

Operational Headquarters
The Sir John Peace Building, Experian Way, NG2 Business Park, Nottingham, NG80 1ZZ, United Kingdom

Brazil
Alameda dos Quinimuras, 187, CEP 04068-900, Planalto Paulista, São Paulo

Complaints & Reviews

Unauthorized charges, unable to cancel

CIC Credit Monitoring (aka Experian)

It is terrible what experian did to me -- I was trying to get credit report to the three credit agencies -- just got one from Experian and I could not get information about the other two companies.

In July I got two bills on my MC credit card, each for 9.95, and again this month in August. Both from CIC and MNI Credit Report.

MNI is Mighty Net, Inc., 9040 Topanga Canyon Blvd., Floor 2, Canoga Park, CA 91304, tel [protected].

I am still now to find where CIC is. I have emailed MNI today to cancel what I did ordered.

William Vargas
Manchester, NJ

How to get a refund for unauthorized $12.95 charges!

Experian operates outfits called CIC Triple Advantage and Consumer Info and www.freecreditreport.com. I find myself in the same boat as everyone else who has posted a complaint about CIC on this board. I went to www.freecreditreport.com to get an annual free credit report for me and for my husband under the Fair Credit Reporting Act. Ever since, CIC Triple Advantage has deceitfully charged us each $12.95 for the past 5 months. I just noticed the charges, ran a Google search on CIC, called CIC and requested that they cancel my 'membership' (that's the rep's term not mine, considering I never asked to become a member) and I requested a full refund. The rep canceled my 'membership,' but said I would have to send a letter to the company if I wanted a refund because she wasn't authorized to issue refunds.
If the company had been straight with me -- as I believe they should be required to by law -- and asked if I was interested in signing up for the service, I would have said NO. Hiding charges in fine print is absolutely unacceptable. Signing people up automatically without asking, giving people a "free" 30 day membership, then charging them a monthly fee thereafter? It's just not right. A company should be required to ask you, "Yes or no, do you want to sign up for this service?"

I think you can understand how absolutely frustrating & infuriating it is to request a credit report in order to monitor my credit and maintain control of my finances, while also being screwed over by the very company that purports to be in the business of helping to protect me financially. CIC Triple Advantage is part of Consumer Info, which is part of Experian. Up until now, I thought Experian was a reputable company. I can't believe I got screwed over by one of the three major credit bureaus!

Here's what I did to get a refund and I hope it helps other to do the same:
Call CIC at [protected] to cancel your 'membership' and request an email confirmation from the rep you talk to. Write down the rep's name, time and date you called, etc. File an online complaint with the FTC so that they are aware of the problem. File a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Their seal of approval is on the freecreditreport website and they ought to be aware of the problem. Write a letter to Consumer Info / P.O. Box 19729
Irvine, CA [protected] and explain your situation. Demand a refund within 30 days of the date of the letter. Mail it by certified return receipt request so you have proof of mailing and receipt. I included attachments with mine: a printout of all the complaints posted on this board to show that I'm not the only one and a copy of the complaint I filed with the Better Business Bureau.
Scan the letter and attachments and email a copy to each of the following employees who work with Consumer Info and ask them to review the letter and assist you:
ed.[protected]@consumerinfo.com
ty.[protected]@consumerinfo.com
jennifer.[protected]@consumerinfo.com
brian.[protected]@consumerinfo.com
patty.[protected]@consumerinfo.com
bernice.[protected]@consumerinfo.com
robert.[protected]@consumerinfo.com

Those people are customer service reps, presidents, vice-presidents, etc.
Robert Fosmire emailed back later in the day to say he'd forwarded my letter to an associate and she assured him that my money had been refunded. Also, when I got home from work there was a message on my answering machine from that associate telling me she'd just issued a full refund. We'll see! I'll definitely be back to post more if I don't see that money back in my account. I hope this helps other people to battle this scamming company. There really oughta be laws and severe penalties for this sort of thing.

Good luck!

• Mi
    Michael Hugg Oct 01, 2007

I did as you said and emailed all of those email addresses with a letter stating my problem, the next day I got a reply saying $99.50 will be put back onto my credit card. Thank you so much for this info, the company seems like they are pretty prompt about issuing refunds.

Unauthorized charges

For the past 2 months, I've noticed this CIC*Triple Advantage with $12.00 -charged twice- on my checking account. Finally, called the number with information and then looked up number and name. It was not during business hours, but the voice message said "Experian Customer Care". When I looked up the number, I found several hits with others and the same complaint. Charges not authorized for a "Free" service/credit report. I will be calling tomorrow to have this "service" stopped and charges stopped immediately. I could have used the $72 plus any of their future charges for something else in my budget. Don't appreciate these SNEAKY charges for "services" NOT needed!!! BEWARE of Experian/CIC Triple Advantage!!!

• Sy
    Syleena Mar 01, 2007

I too was being billed by them. I called them up and told them to cancel this account because I've been locked out of it for 3 mos. She told me that I REINSTATED my account in January 2007. I wasn't even in the country at that time! They gave me a 2 mos credit (even though I was entitled to more) and cancelled it. I am going to contact the BBB because this is suppose to be a credit monitoring service, how they going to try and mess up your credit!!!

no name Feb 09, 2009

As a former employee of Experian it gets worse most people don't know that much of their credit data is now being off shored in Chile. And Experian marketing department that sells marketing lists which includes your SSN, Date of Birth, Income, real estate and childrens information is now being off-shored and handled in Costa Rica!

Scam-bad customer service, unauthorized charges!

I'm emailing in regard to the supposedly "risk free 30 day trial period" My name is James Pruitt and I...

Credit report scam!

So, here's how the scam works....the Federal Government encourages certain companies to provide free credit reports. And Jane Public goes online and finds a company called 'FreeCreditReport.com' or 'Experian.com' [also known as: CIC Credit Monitor SVC; Consumer Info; Consumer Information; creditmatters.com; freecreditreport.com; homeradar.com; I Place; I Play Innings; QSpace.com] and enters their credit card number for their 'free' credit report.

At the same time Jane is provided with her free report, the company also signs her up for a 'membership' called 'Triple Advantage' or something along those lines. Unaware that she has signed up for this service in the first place, Jane doesn't notice that 'CIC Triple Advantage' is popping up on her credit/bank statement, charging her an almost unnoticeable $12.95 a month.

When it finally occurs to her that money is being taken for a service she didn't sign up for, Jane realizes that she needs to cancel this 'membership' immediately. But how? She didn't intentionally sign up for it in the first place, and she doesn't necessarily remember which website she used, so how does she cancel it? Calling the bank doesn't do anything, because it's a direct withdrawal that the bank has no control over, so what can Jane do?

There is a number following the charge, as listed on her account. Jane calls that number and waits, and waits, and waits for a human to pick up. If she waits long enough, someone does pick up, and proceeds to tell her: "We're so sorry you want to cancel your membership with us, it's a shame to lose you as a customer. We can refund the last two months of your membership, but that's the best we can do." Jane might settle for this, thinking 'phew, at least it's done now,' or she can call that same number and ask to speak to the manager. [The number that works, as of 3.21.07, is 877.481.6826.]

My suggestion to Jane Public? Don't let them take your money. This company, under the parent company Experian, just settled a class-action law suit with the Federal Trade Commission for illegal business practices for this exact same scam. They are in the wrong, not you. Be polite, but firm. (As someone that works in customer service, being rude to the representative will get you nowhere.) Make them aware that you know of the lawsuit, that their business practices are illegal, and that you will not be accountable for their scam.

• La
    Lauren Mar 25, 2007

Thank you so much for this! this company is despicable; their business practices are deplorable. I can't believe they've gotten away with so much for so long!

• La
    lawrence joesph christian jr Aug 23, 2007

I have some accounts on my credit report that i now is wrong and i need to get them remove. They are ADBA for $120 dollars, DELTA FINANCIAL for $50 and $588 dollars and RMA/NATIONAL for $247 dollars. I know that i didn't deal with any of these people. I don't even know what they are for. Thank you Lawrence J Christian Jr.

• St
    Stanley Binkley Aug 23, 2007

I guess I got lucky just discovered that they had been taking 12.95 dollars from me for last 3 months.
    I put a call in to my financial institution. Had them cancel my Credit card. And they said the would file a complaint for me to try and get my money back. But I had no idea they were signing me up for a service I did not want. I hope they not only get my money back but anyone else who banks with them as well.

• Pa
    Paula Mills Oct 28, 2007

I have tried unsuccessfully to cancel this unauthorized charge from my Chase credit card. Chase did refund me 3 months worth as a "courtesy" but after contacting the 800 # twice now to cancel, the charge remains on my statement.

I think the only way to get out of it is to cancel the card!

• Sm
    smmurphy Feb 10, 2009

The price is now 14.95 and the phone number they include in the credit card charge reference doesn't connect to anything. Not an automated service, not a human, NOTHING.

Joseph B. Mar 10, 2009

I went online to find out how to get my credit report cleaned up and was sent directly to this bogus company where they proceeded to take $29.95 dollars from my checking account when I called to question the charges their "refund dept." refused to issue the appropriate credit to my account, in essence I've been scammed out of my hard earned money-to say I'm upset is an understatement. Where can I go to get my money back; why are they so conveniently positioned right next to your business: how can these low down sob's be stopped in the future and how may I help to do so?

What have you done to stop this since it must have a negative impact on your business? jwbbr-Joseph B.

Credit report is a rip off!

This company offers 3 bureau credit reports online but fails to deliver. Although my credit card was billed immediately, I was unable to access my report over 3-4 days. I was subsequently told I needed a "Private Access Code" to verify my identity, which could only be sent by US mail, although they managed to identify my credit card pretty quickly. Needless to say, this private access code did not work. This service is offered in conjunction with "CIC CreditExpert and LendingTree. Approximately ten days and two hours of phone conversations with all three parties later, they are unable to access my credit report. I asked for a refund, in writing, and was referred back to the same consumer helpline phone number. It seems their business plan is to discourage customers with so many obstacles that they simply abandon the $35 they have already been charged.

• Ay
    Ayal Rosenthal Mar 07, 2007

I have had a very good experience purchasing my credit score form them. Transunion was not as user-friendly but is also good.

• Re
    Redwings07 Sep 01, 2018

I'm have been waiting for this to get taken care of and nothing has been done. The charges are still on my card and I want them removed!! I have emailed customer service several time and haven't heard anything ? So I'm wondering if this is a scam

EXPERIAN *CREDITREP
    535 Anton Blvd, CA 92629
    866-751-1326
    39.98

And this is the company

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices