Expansys.comDon't touch this company

S

Searched several price comparison sites i.e Reevoo etc -All listed a canon HV40 camcorder for £510- -£10 with a voucher code. This was an extremley good price Expansys site seemed to be international and well laid out. Ordered item giving card details and given a confirmed order number. Yet No delivery-. Several emails sent which were ignored. I then missed the wedding I was to film. In the end I rang the 0845 number and Zoe with french accent and very helpful admitted the site put up a wrong price not including vat I complained that my emails were nore answered and got an unsatisfactory answer that they have 500 a day. However I accepted this mistake-but they made no offer of a compromise but as I stilll needed camcorder urgently for easter and the price was still good at £608.90 including royal mail special delivery. Zoe assured me she would deal with the delivery personally.Or so I was led to believe. A whole day passed and checking my emails-They now were holding the camcorder for despatch- but I had to confirm it was to go to my card address(which I had agreed to with Zoe) irritated at losing another day I responded clearly stating yes card address is fine and quoting my dealings with Zoe. Another day passes (I am working ) Another email camcorder still not despatched-As they now want proof of address ie utility bill etc...In all my dealings with many sites I have ordered from I have never been asked this.I am all for security but I was using a debit card which is as good as cash. I have no scanner ( a canonscan 9000f is on order) Just gave my old one away.) I am so piffed off with this company and called Alexandria another french girl. to close and delete all my account details.although polite just tlked over me. I had to repeat my requests 3 times just in case I am charged as i am off to the city to buy one in person albiet a higher price. Close inspection this site appears to put in very low prices to undercut other sites on many products .I believe this is bad practice as you may not actually get the item- But they have calculated that once in their site you may buy other products. Don't touch this company-I can honestly say that when I have a problem it seems to be international companys -see my review of Play.Com.

• Dm
    Dmitry Moroz Jun 02, 2013

Order HTC one at begin of April. Nothing.
    Contact email not answered, contact phone is busy 24/7.
    Just letter with lie about HTC's delivery delay: device present at local market from 2nd of May.
    Cancel the order month ago: at 5th of May.
    Still wait money back, no phone answers, no email answers...
    Attention:expansys is the fraud company!!!

• Dm
    Dmitry Moroz May 06, 2013

Absolutely agree.
    No money, no order, no feedback.
    FRAUD

• Dq
    d-quixote2l Mar 20, 2013

Just place an order with this company for a Krusell cell phone pouch. I completed the payment on-line using my Visa card. They then came back to me asking me to provide the name on my credit card and my billing address. Those information are already on my on-line credit card payment in the first place. I called a number in Hong Kong that is on the email and told them there is no way I am going to post that type of information on an email. Then, even worst, they came back again in an email with a supposedly secured link asking me to send copies of my credit and driver's license. I called them again and asked if they have employees engaged in fraud or something and requested them to cancel my order and to never email me again. If they cannot clear the payment made on-line or by Paypal, this company is questionable. I also advise staying away from Expansys. I don't think it is a legitimate operation.

• Pr
    Progressive Thinker Aug 29, 2011

I paid for two hard drives from Expansys via PayPal. 18 days later they email me requesting photo id preferably my Passport. This exactly why I use PayPal. I don't know them they are an online entity requesting my personal ID.
    Sounds like a scam, smells like a scam. 18 days I should have had my items already and not being held to ransom. I finally got through to call centre after nearly an hour only to be talked over and fobbed of with a promise that someone would call me - we will see.