eTollCharges

The automatic toll pass installed in the vehicle we rented was not fully explained at the rental desk. The result was the daily surcharges fees exceeded the total cash tolls accumulated. In addition, Budget does not know the toll fees at time of vehicle turn in. The customer must go to www.e-tolls.com to get the actual toll charges while the vehicle is rented.

• Hu
    Humble Sage Jun 18, 2010

We had $40.00 worth of e-tolls and a $20 surcharge for traveling at times and places we did not do. We have receipts to prove that we were elsewhere--but how to document my claim? E-tolls called Budget and Budget verified that the monitoring device was in the car we rented and that we travelled in specific places at specific times and racked up the tolls on the Atlantic City Expressway. We were never on that road. All of this is clearly wrong and something is very amiss. I suspect error or fraud at the Philadelphia Airport Budget Car rental place. I will try to get my money refunded.

And yes there was no notice that such a device was in the car and that it would accumulate toll charges automatically and would charge my credit card without prior notice. The $60 charge just showed up on my credit card bill a week later.

Will call my local congressperson