Etihad Airways — inflight entertainment and smell
Dublin to Abu Dhabi flight
02 Oct 2019
After only 2.5 hours into the flight, the captain announced there was a smell coming from the back of the plane. Some passengers were moved further up the plane but most had to endure the smell. The smell was of gas or leaking battery fluid.
The captain announced that the inflight entertainment service would be switched off for the remainder of the flight. He did not explain what the smell was and we were left panicking and had to ask flight attendants for explanation. The fact there was no entertainment -tv or music -made the flight incredibly long and unbearable.
It is not acceptable to expect passengers to sit for nearly 5 hours without this service and it has affected our willingness to fly with Ethihad again.
Etihad Airways Customer Care's Response, Oct 05, 2019
Hello Laura, we are sorry to hear you were on board of the flight.
The inflight entertainment system has been turned off due to the smell you experienced on board. This was for safety reasons.
We hope we can welcome you on board again. *Isi
More Etihad Airways Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Etihad Airways - booking cancelled not refunded 
- [Resolved] Etihad Airlines - double charging! 
- Etihad Airways - non vegetarian meal served against vegetarian meal 
- [Resolved] Etihad Airways - poor service during flight diversion 
- Etihad Airlines - flight cancellation 
- [Resolved] Etihad Airways - unethical behaviour by staff
- Etihad Airways - service deficiency 
- Etihad Airways - missing baggage
- Etihad Airways - bad customer service and causing unwanted stress
- [Resolved] Etihad Airways - missing baggage