Etihad Airways / changed route flight and damage luggages and laptop

Dear Sir/Madame,

I am writing you this letter because of our recent flight from Jakarta to Amsterdam.

We were supposed to have only 1 transit in Abu Dhabi to then continue our flight to Amsterdam but instead our route got completely changed and we got transferred onto another route and got 2 transits (1 in Abu Dhabi and an extra one in Belgrade). The time of arrival didn't change but our route did. And the unfortunate thing for us was that we paid and expected the quality of Etihad, but instead we got something way worse. The airline that flew us out from Belgrade to Amsterdam did not have the same features as Etihad and the service over all were not what we paid for. To top this all off, 2 of our suitcases got lost and we couldn't get in the house for a whole day. When they finally got found they also all sustained heavy damages as well as my laptop that got broken because of the rough way they treated our baggage.

When we arrived at Schiphol, we directly put our complaints regarding to our damaged luggages. Reference number: AMSJU12027/27AUG19/1247GMT

And the other reference number when our 2 luggages didnt arrive, reference number is: AMSJU12026/27AUG19/0843GMT

These are information regarding our booking reference/ticketnumbers:

Boekingsreferentie(s)
VANDERVEGT/PENNINAMISS
607-[protected]-46
VANDERVEEN/SIMONMR
607-[protected]-42

I hope you guys can understand our frustration from all this and I hope we can find a good solution for this together. How could you just change our flight back to Amsterdam and gave us a bad local airplane from Belgrade where we didnt even get our breakfast at all. This caused me a terrible headache [migraine]. We were travelling with 2 children under 12 years old but we didnt even get any souveniers for children. As i always travelled with other airlines before, my children always got souveniers like bags or any other toys.

Please be kindly to refund me for my flight ticket as well as my damaged luggages and laptop.

Kind regards,

Indri van der Vegt

• Etihad Airways Customer Care's Response, Sep 14, 2019

Dear Indri,

Please contact our Baggage Claims Team directly via email: [protected]@etihad.ae

They will investigate this and get back to you once it has been reviewed.

Thank you. *Rose