Esserman International VwCar repair & payment

Ripped off by VW and Esserman International VW

I took my 2005 VW Passat TDI in for service at Esserman International VW in Miami FL for a vibration problem. They told me it was the motor mounts, I Told them I had them check and did not agree with them but if noted of my concern, do the repair. It did not fix the problem. The Service Manager told me, they would put on my original mounts and I could leave with no charge! Oh, but my mounts were leaking now! I believe they broke them, for I had them checked by another shop previously and was told they were ok. Then they suggested that I raise my car back to original ride height; I explained I lowered the car at 17k and over 3 years ago. And up till now it was fine, now at 66K miles. I then ask if they would call VW and see if they would OK a repair that I had researched online which seemed to me to be a possible source of the vibration and is a candidate for a full out recall by VW. The repair was ok’d by VW and I was told my part was $1000 in labor and VW was supplying the parts. Both VW and Esserman never said anything about if it did not work I would be paying MORE FOR THE REPAIR!!!
The Customer Advisor, Joe Benitez emailed me that my total was $2259.01.
I assume $1000 labor and the balance for the motor mounts.
I sent back that assumption in my return email. With no response, guessing all is good.
I call and check on the progress every few days (calls from my advisor Joe, are few and non-informative.) Finally a call 2wks later, car has been there almost 3wks. Joe calls to tell me the repair did nothing and to come by and talk to the service manager. I come by late that day and I’m told that not only did the repair not stop the vibration but that I now had to pay for all parts and labor for the job!! Asking how much? Joe told me, the Service Manager would call me the next day!! Still waiting on his call. Repairs not needed, ambiguous dollar amounts for repairs, nothing in writing.
THIS IS NOT THE WAY TO DO BUSINESS!!
I went in to try to resolve this problem and was accused of being a liar, not keeping my word as a man!! All this from Albert Luaces Service Manager and his rude and Neanderthal Customer Advisor Joe Benitez. When asked for the paperwork and totals, Albert showed me some documents and as I tried to calculate the figures I took a post it from the table and asked for a pen. Then seeing that Joe had a pen clipped on his shirt I went to reach for it, and was told “not to touch it” waiting for the service manager to say something or to give me a pen!! But, Nothing!! So I decided to leave, this was going nowhere. I reached for the paperwork and had it ripped from my hand and was told, “it was not mine to take!! Not offered any copies, I left.

Now what? Car held hostage 4wks going on 5wks what is a WV owner whom has taken his car to the EXPERTS for repair do?

Vw Customer Care says my car is no longer in Warranty and they can’t make the dealer do anything! Esserman Service did not even want to repair my car from the beginning!

Please help me out!! Let them know what you think and how you feel!!

Paul Silva [protected]@hotmail.com
VW Customer Care ref # [protected] [protected] ask for Jessie
Albert Luaces [protected]@esserman.com
Pancho Diez-Rivas General Manager [protected] ext 1100

• Ha
    Hazmatdiscount Jan 29, 2010

Essermann Int'l and Essermann in Miami Lakes are cout from the same cloth. This type of attitude and bad service and work has been happening to me with my jetta since the first 7, 000 miles up until now that my car has 58, 000 miles. My car has been between bothe essermann's every 3-6 months over 50 times and this last time because of an internal screw up at essermann my car was there almost a month, the first two weeks it just sat there and did nothing. Volkswagen did nothing as well and all they do is apologize, say they documented it and read you preprinted excuses from there computer screen . They say I have to resolve it with my dealer, can you believe that ???????? I even got a call one time from the essermann in miami lakes a week after they worked on my car to tell me I had to rush back because one of the idiot mechanics forgot to install a part in my engine and my car could lose control at any moment - a week later !!! Florida's Lemon Law is a waste of time they treat you like you are trying to get away with something and always side with the car manufactuer (which sponsors the program by the way) in my opinion essermann volkswagen should lose there license to sell volkswagens and VW needs to police there dealers and actually do something to fix the wrongs they do. I will never buy a volkswagen again it is a piece of junk and I bought the top of the line jetta. You should go talk to the owner Essermann himself he has his office on the second floor above the sales department at essermann international you will get a big laugh then because he is the biggest shark of them all !!!

• Ni
    NiteRain Feb 06, 2010

Florida have laws in place made to help out in situations like this. They can't just work on your car and do whatever they want. They first have to give you a quote of the estimated work, and then have you sign a piece of paper confirming that you accepted. If you didn't sign anything that said you were responsible to pay such and such an amount, then I would run this by a good lawyer, because you can get all of your money back and a little more for the stress they have brought on you. Actually, I have had a problem with Esserman Nissan just recently, where I pay for part, that they sold to someone else, and they didn't even try to re-order it. I have decided, reorder the part, check to see if it works, and never deal with Esserman *whatever goes here* again.

• Ri
    Richard Essermann Apr 11, 2010

I just love my new car i drive it all over town and do the people look thank you Richard Essermann at [email protected]