EssayWriters.net β€” online scam

I got fooled by the www.essaywriters.net. This online research company makes tall claims of providing bimonthly payments and amazing support for writers. I worked tirelessly for 48 days and made 36 assignments for them, they kept making excuses at the time of paying me. They tried to tell me that their quality department was checking my completed assignments!

They are very shrewd and cunning, they stop responding to my messages completely. They owe me 1200 USD. I even gave them telephone calls but they kept beating around the bush. Their support representatives are almost spastic and do not understand English at all! If you read their typed messages, they spell waste (refuse) as 'waist' and when they had to message about being paid, they spelt it as 'payed'. I have heard that are actually located somewhere in Ukraine. Some of the made up names of their support representatives are: Lisa Fuller, Kate Smith, Daniel Fireade, Austin Smith, Susan, Helen Mann, Laura, Jessica, Jenny, Andrew. Their supposed president is Steven Lloyd.

The assignments are of school kids or college students who have money to cheat. These people are very notorious, they even stop responding to live chat as well. They are a freelance writers' graveyard. Do not get duped guys... If somebody can help me, I'll really appreciate it.

Do not get trapped, you will curse your as I am doing now :(

• Ew
    EWN's Bane Sep 17, 2008

Here is what I did:

1. Make a formal complaint to their host Domains by Proxy. Tell them they are hosting a fraudulent website. Better yet, call up DbP but be sure to have a written complaint.

2. Write a similar complaint to the Ukrainian Embassy (yes, EWN is based in Ukraine). Search the office address in your country.

3.Provide copies of your complaints to Essaywriters.

Make sure you have screen shots of your account to show how much they owe you.

• Di
    dina Sep 26, 2008

I have started writing for essaywriters.net. They owe me about $130 now and they kept on moving the pay out to another date. They also accused me of plagarism when I don't think they have at all read my work. Worse part of it all is that the students ordering are actually the ones who are the ones plagarizing since they are claiming somebody elses work as theirs.

• Fo
    fooled by essaywriters.net Jan 29, 2009

Me too I was one of the poor writer being fooled by essaywriters they are criminals. Accusing their writers having a plagerized work where in fact the reality is they dont have any intention on paying their writers. They owe me $150, at first they told me I'll be able to get my salaries after a week when I spoke with their no brainer staff named susan, she told me that I would be able to get my salary on the next schedule pay day and when I tried to access my account a day before the said salary I was so LUCKY for I was not able to log in and when I ask again this no brainer susan what happen to my account she told me my account was terminated! Be aware of this site!

ant Feb 07, 2009

It is true they dont pay their writers.They refused to pay me 450 dollars siting that i had a plagiarised work.

• Pr
    Prity Mar 25, 2009

It's a fraudulent website and they owe me $500. I feel dumb being used by them in this manner and Susan, is so rude and harsh. I received so many positive feedbacks yet they are not making my payments. The customers on the website are even more stupid than the customer support people. I don’t know how to get my money. I wish I could sue them!

ckyeu Apr 07, 2009

I made the mistake of operating several parallel accounts with them as from 2006. I must admit that at first they were generous. However as from last year (2008) I have lost over $ 2000 unfairly.

I am lost for words... :(

ckyeu Apr 07, 2009

Last night, they terminated my account and told me they wont pay. Reason given, I caused damage to the company yet there was no complain at all... I lost $ 800 just like that. I was working there 100% so i am actually not expecting any other money on 15th or later.

It is very devastating. Last month they put an account on hold on 30th just before paying.

Jantesa Apr 07, 2009

I too ran into a problem with these people. They owe me 450.00. They gave me the same excuses as the ones above, claiming plagarism. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and I plan to file one with the Attorney General of my state. These people are just crooks. They have two ratings at the BBB. Essay Writers is C- and Universal is F.
    There must be something we can all do.

ckyeu Apr 07, 2009

Guys, we cant just let them go like that, I know bestessays.com is where they get work from clients, I understand there are numerous sister websites that get jobs for the same company. What can we do to bring them down.

The administrators are so STUPID and ruthless. You can get stress related health complications if you work with these idiots!

• Ek
    eklord Apr 26, 2009

I totally agree with all of you. They owe me $315, but refuse to give it to me. This accompanied by writing for a stupid customer, who got an F on the paper for cheating to begin with, so since I had two complaints all together on my work after doing a so-called investigation; they decided to put my account under investigation after giving this guy a partial refund, despite his directions not being clear to begin with. I was furious. This was all over two negative complaints, but they took the side of the customer, instead of the writer, which really pisses me off. I want my money, and this company needs to go to court to give us all our money we have rightfully earned.

Thank you everyone for sharing. I am glad to not be alone with this.

• Ek
    eklord Apr 27, 2009

I have filed a complaint with my state and with the FTC about this company. Fight back and hard, don't let them win.

Here is the latest conversation with the company, that I am going to use as proof against them.

Chat Transcript
    Visitor: Elizabeth Lord
    Operator: Stacey
    Company: 2pssup
    Started: 27 Apr 2009 21:19:01
    Finished: 27 Apr 2009 21:26:29

Elizabeth Lord:
    When am I going to get paid?
    Welcome Elizabeth Lord! Your request has been directed to the Customer Service department. Please wait for our operator to answer your call.
    Call accepted by operator Stacey. Currently in room: Elizabeth Lord, Stacey.
    HI
    What is your ID number?
    hi
    Hi
    i de-activated my account
    Just a second
    I want paid now
    Elizabeth Lord:
    I have filed two complaints against you. Pay me
    Stacey:
    QAD had done a major check on your account
    Stacey:
    and it was decided to cancel your account together with your payment
    No, I want paid, that is FINAL
    Stacey:
    This issue will be transferred to the superior
    Stacey:
    We will get back to you in messages
    Elizabeth Lord:
    You better because now your but is in the deep end now due to this boat load of crap
    Elizabeth Lord:
    You are a fraudulent company that has no business being in business, consequences will follow

Cheated and Abused Jun 04, 2009

Not only that, it seems they are also calling up the writers who have lodged complaints against them; this time, it's in the disguise of law professionals who are also writers and had been cheated by EW.net. I was approached by one and it seemed that the person was speaking while muffling the voice with a cloth; though it was a female name but the voice resembled that of a male. Now, I forwarded her all the proof that I had and mentioned about it at essayscam.org (since she asked me to gather up people), only to receive a phonecall within the next 5 mins and she was downright abusive. It seemed that she was terrified and claimed that I made her risk her life. She forced me to take the post down else she is going to sue me at the International court and even accused me of being an agent to EW.net. It's a 50-50 situation and I'm in a dilemma; I tracked the ip-address from which she had sent me the mails and it's an ip-cloaking site. Any comments? Sorry, I cannot provide her name and contact id here (privacy policy issues).

• Lo
    lordcloudx Jun 29, 2009

I've set up this blog to safeguard my works and give essaywriters.net a little scare

• Am
    Amber666 Aug 18, 2009

Can I just say thank you so much to everyone for writing about your experiences, I was just about to register with this company and now I'm going to reply and tell them to get lost!!!

Seems as though i've had a lucky escape, and I know it must be a tiny consellation but when the company is Googled now these complaints come up, so if any future potential writers look them up you guys have exposed the company for the fraudsters they are.

I hope all of you get your money and wish you the best of luck for the future.

• Wr
    writerpg Oct 16, 2009

I knew something wasn't kosher when they kept repeating their payment schedule. I kept looking for the bite where they ask for money. Seeing none I signed up, albeit with a few false details. I then did the test but I still wasn't feeling quite right. So I googled them and here I am. I won't be accepting any assignments from them, that's for sure.

• Ca
    Captec Nov 16, 2009

Everyone take out as many assignments as you can, and delay delay delay in completing it...which means never...and then all register under assume names the following month...until they have no more customers.

• Pu
    Punalur Chandrasekharan Nov 19, 2009

Dear writer friends,

I am a writer from India. I have already delivered 26 assignments without needing any revision. The customers were also very satisfied. Pl see: [protected]
    Very satisfied Very satisfied Yes Yes
    [protected]
    Very satisfied Very satisfied Yes Yes Great work and service
    [protected]
    Very satisfied Very satisfied Yes Yes Zanaib is an excellent writer. The service that he provide is superb.

Two days back when I demanded my payment they put my account on hold as Lornso Horrt said. I have warned them today that it would be very disastrous for them. I am seriously thinking of placing a complaint before the cyber crime cell in our country. From the first work onwards I have taken copies of transaction, anticipating a swindle in the end. Today I informed them about this too, and that they by their act they invite the waterloo. I want to take up this cause at least to save the interest of our fellow writers. Whoever can help me, please do. I've already written to Google.com not to extend any service to them to help humanity. Please help me move further in this regard. PLEASE DO NOT WRITE FOR ESSAYWRITERS.NET AND THEIR 2 OTHER AFFILIATES. I DONT THINK THAT THEY ARE UKRANIANS. THEY ARE PHILIPPINOS.

Regards
    Punalur Chandrasekharan

• Ba
    barillo Dec 01, 2009

THIS is all too depressingly familiar, I have just completed 55 assignments with them and they have a bizarre payment system. out of $1000 + I have received only 129.00. (this also highlights how low they pay and clearly anyone writing for them is desperate to earn money, which makes it even worst!) The earnings seem to fluctuate as they deduct payments for 'penalties'!

I am an excellent writer with a teaching degree and I have been working long hours and producing excellent work. They apply penalties and never respond to actual personal messages. I have never been able to actually access live chat, either.

I am so glad I stumbled across this site and information, I may not be able to get more money from them but I intend to cause much awareness and expose their 'reputation'. It really upsets me that they market themselves as a reputable and professional American company. I certainly would not have signed up for a Ukrainian company!

Last night I got a perplexing message from them from quality assurance about my inaccuracy and damage to their reputation. This is after 55 assignments and only 4 negative feedbacks. Mind you, they were the customers fault! I will now immediately stop working for them. Clearly this is a lead up to not paying me the $900 owed. Their payment system is bizarre, ie they state they pay every 2 weeks, yet my payments are scheduled for January - from November! Sadly the only reason I did this work was because I was upset as I have just been told there is no work for me next year at my School...

Furthermore, I suspect that they are charging their clients 3 times or more what they pay writers, so these poor ESL people are being ripped off as well. Finally how can these students hope to pass off this work as their own- surely there will be authentication issues?

The best thing I can do is PUBLICISE AND PUBLICISE AND PUBLICISE their shonky ways and name to prevent other writers like myself from wasting hundreds of hours. I would have been better off washing dishes in a coffee shop! Boy do I feel stupid... ab

• Hy
    Hya Jan 17, 2010

Essay Writers is a complete fraud. This is the strategy they are using now: Give you the 'group stage', where you can order 10 or more papers at any given time, then when you have written papers worth over $500, they as usual use the Quality Department excuse to defer and to later cancel your payments. All of you who have been 'invited' to the group stage, BEWARE, its just another strategy to swindle you out of the max amount they can get!

madforstarters Jan 17, 2010

In my current case, they told me of technical issues, and keep moving the pay date into the future. Now, they tell me (I just got out of the chat room with "susan" that i will be paid by wed. It is 118 they owe me, not a lot, but enough to make me mad... I guess i won't be holding my breath- for my pay- But, what I will be doing, is posting ALL of the papers i have written for them on the internet, If enough students get burned, than they won't have a customer base to burn the rest of us.

• Th
    th63 Jan 21, 2010

I deactivated my account with Essay Writers.net yesterday after they missed their first payment. I am very familiar with their pattern of behavior, since complaints about them are posted all over the Internet. They might pay the writers at first but then they just stop. They owe my $4, 700, but I know I will never get any of it. I was lucky to get paid for the first four months, but that was during their busy time when they needed writers. After that, they just stopped paying and will then bring in some new writers later.

Just study the message boards like this one and it will became very clear that they always follow this pattern. If they were actually in the US, the Justice Dept., FBI and Federal Trade Commission could go after them for fraud. Anyone with complaints about Essay Writers.net should direct them to those agencies.

• Di
    disgruntled_writer Jan 27, 2010

They are not in the US. They are located in the Philippines. I am another cheated writer. Since their server is located in the Philippines, they are liable to Philippine income tax on all orders processed through that server. I have already told them I will report them to the proper revenue officials as they are not even registered as a corporation in the Securities and Exchange Commission of the Philippines. Given their status as a de-facto corporation, they can be sued but they cannot sue back in this country. I hope this information helps.

• Ra
    raynejasper Feb 24, 2010

..no.. they're not Filipinos at all.. I'm from the Philippines and I was once a writer of their sister company that is writers.ph.. when they refused to pay me, I ask where is the location of their office is but they said it is restricted and confidential.. I threatened them that I'd file a complaint and personally find their office through the help of authorities.. I found out later that they are just using the Philippines but they don't have any office here.. they are not even good English speakers and they have a different accent.. So I guess we're all being fooled..

• Wr
    writer.ph Mar 06, 2010

they are Filipinos, and they have a office in a Makati, changed their company name though.

• Fa
    farrukh kidwai May 18, 2010

I realised that Essaywriters was cheating on me when they apparently delayed two orders filing a case of plagiarism when theyw ere not at all plagiarised.

from that day on, I decided I will take tehir revenge. I got in contact with the customers. How i did it?

I contacted by sending the draft. remember there was a draft taht you could upload. It was never checked by their QAD. i managed to hurt them quite badly. But now they got to know somehow and have cancelled my account. but they still owe me 242$. I'm gonna get deep inside them to get back my money. I've a lawyer in U>S who is going to send a showcause legan notice to their parent company which is uniwork inc.

Then i will see what can be done.

• To
    tonilla May 29, 2010

i think those who took our money will never have inner peace for i believe that one day they will have a taste of their own medicine.

• To
    tonilla May 29, 2010

yesterday they canceled my account just because i continuously questioned them about the fines they were always imposing on my completed orders. As a new writer they have never paid me. If there is any one who can assist me in getting my money back please respond. I have worked with uvocorp and rarely do they impose fines nor are they interested in staying with your money.

andrew wain Aug 13, 2010

I agree with the complaints posted. Essaywriters.net wait till payment date to inform writers that some of their papers were either plagiarized or of low quality. I asked them why they had to wait till pay day to inform writers of any weaknesses in their tasks and impose fines and all they could say was that they check all papers before payment. I then asked them whether I had the copyright rights over the tasks and informed them i would immediately donate all the papers I had written to other companies. They asserted that they still retained the rights over the tasks even when their client rejects a task. I believe they get paid and freeze writers.

• Pa
    parenthetical Oct 20, 2010

Wow! I was about to sign up with them to write resumes.

If anyone wants a legitimate firm which pays like clockwork, check out DemandStudios---you can make an extra $30-45 a day easily, or try and pursue it more vigorously---they have plenty or work. Good luck to all and thanks for all the warnings about essaywriters.

Katlee Apr 04, 2011

This is about writers.ph. I signed up with them and started last month. I read the messages posted her and I decided to test whether it is true. So last month, I did one job for them that costs 30 dollars and the client really liked it so I was given bonuses. I did another job but then I cancelled it because of some issues. Anyway, they promoted me to become a Junior writer but said that I should be reprimanded for the cancellation of a job so they will monitor my account closely and will lower my rate per page. I did not work for the coming weeks and instead waited for the first pay day. As like all your stories, they imposed a fine on the cancelled job and they did not give me the funds I did for another job. Why should impose a fine on me? I'm sure they only refunded the client as the client paid them at the beginning. But why do they have to take the funds from my account? Well, they are really a fraud. And good thing I did a test otherwise, i would have worked for a month and did not get anything. Anyway, for those of you who wanted a legitimate company, PremiumWriting.com is good. I worked there for 6 months now and I was never fined at all.

Katlee Apr 04, 2011

here is what I did, in your list of orders, in the messages option, you can choose to send an email to the client. just tell the clients you are not paid and if they want a proof whether the writers for their respective order were been paid or not, they can ask proof from writer.ph. im sure people from writers.ph and essaywriting.net cannot provide these. the best we can do is ask the clients to stop patronizing these companies. of course do it fast... before they terminate your account.

Katlee Apr 04, 2011

Nope, they are not Filipinos. Many people I know here in Philippines worked in their in-house office in Makati and made various complaints as well. The Ukranian owner used Philippines as a base because Filipinos are reputably good writers. Having an office makes it look legit but it's all a front. I am also from Philippines and I know these company is not from Philippines.

• Hd
    HDS222 Jun 01, 2011

HDS: I am also one of the victims of essaywriters' scams. They are fraudsters and criminals. They played that "Quality Mantra" with me. They often adopt a dubious company policy saying "Dear so and so according to our company policy you have failed to meet our quality requirements so your payment for the current period has been shifted to (about two months ahead). I lost more than $2500. They keep on shifting payments so that writers are now in a catch 22 situation because if they give up all that money is gone. On the other hand if they continue unpaid amount accumulates. They are either in Kiev or Ukraine. Not in the Philippines.

john kamau Aug 09, 2011

all the sentiments raised in this blog seem to be true. the company seems to assume that it will excel without having regard to the interests of their writers. they seem too much preoccupied with impressing their customers.
    further, i have realized that the more money you make, the higher the penalties they fine you. such that you cannot make any reasonable amount. Writing for them will never be a profession any more like it used to be in the past. they have also recruited thousands of writers to enable them exploit us with ease. After all, someone else will be willing to do the work for us. The guys are also rude. But, wait. Kenyans will beat them at their own game. Thanks for giving us a platform to rise. we don't care much about your exploitation. Just for a short time and we are done writing for you.

• Hb
    HBella Oct 20, 2011

Stop deceiving all of us! You cannot lie to everyone--all the time.
    I left low score http://bestcustomwritingservices.com/Reviews/primewritings-com/
    I suggest you to do the same.
    Stop deceiving all of us!

• Hb
    HBella Oct 20, 2011

http://bestcustomwritingservices.com/Reviews/bestessays-com/ - add your comment, and help people to avoid scam

• De
    delia coy Oct 30, 2011

The registration of Uniwork Inc/writers.ph has been REVOKED by the Philippine Securities and Exchange Commission for fraud, misrepresentation and falsification. Yuriy Mizyuk, Ukrainian, Kevin Dockery (American), Initorio, Sumaculub and Ricky Manolong (Filipinos) who are incorporators of said corporation are now included in the Watch List of the SEC.

READ the SEC decision: http://www.sec.gov.ph/decision/mar%202011/case%20no.%2006-10-119.pdf Mizyuk was already deported by the U.S. government in the early 2003 for crimes involving fraud and swindling. Filipinos have stopped writing for essaywriters dot net. The only ones remaining are those from Kenya and Pakistan.

• Mu
    muathe May 23, 2012

you are so right i am a writer with essaywriters.net and these people are scumming people off their money they terminated my account claiming of low quality paper yet i had positive comments from the clients and they took away with my 3400 dollars

• St
    Stasy11 Oct 22, 2012

To put it mildly, it's a little bit strange for me to hear such things about this company. I've been working for it for quite long period and in this course of time haven't had any major troubles. Some inconviniences happended, indeed. But they were only due to the somehow seasonal type of work and some shortage of orders, but it lasted not for long. What concerns other staff I'm totally satisfied and completely disagree with mentioned above.

• Pa
    Panky1 Nov 14, 2012

It's a little bit surprising for me to read here such responses, as I was working in this very company and was accuretely paid. Of course, it wasn't golden moutains but I received what I earned. I mean everything was dependent on the number of order I accepted. Since I combined the work for Essaywriters with my studying, I was moderately paid, but still paid.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices