Esin GroupAnother possible employment scam

M

I received the attached e-mail, claiming my Resume was reviewed through CareerBuilder. With our economy the way it is today and with the overwhelming unemployment condition, I wanted to do my part to make others aware as they search for real employment opportunities. I have been receiving numerous e-mails such as this. Please be aware!! Good luck to all on your search for employment...I can relate to what you are going through!

Dear,

After reviewing your resume at careerbuilder.com we decided to propose you a
FINANCIAL AGENT vacancy.
My name is Marisa Floyd and I�m working in HR Department of Esin Group Inc.
Our company is a quite well-known one. It was founded in the USA and deals
mainly with financial services like escrow services for buyers and sellers at
online auctions all over the world.
The job we offer is a part-time position with a flexible schedule. You may work
only 2-3 hours a day (from Monday till Friday).
Our job requirements: Internet access and e-mail.
Successful applicants are offered a trial period (30 days). All agents get
training and online support. We evaluate the employees at least one week prior
to the end of their trial period.
NOTE: During the trial period, termination can be recommended by supervisor.

We are going to pay $2, 300 per month during Trial Period + 8% commission from
each successfully handled payment. So you ought to be interested in every
client! Total income is about $4, 500 per month. Also after first 30 days your
base salary will be increased up to $3, 000 a month.
NOTE: we can give you some additional hours after trial period in case of
satisfaction. Or you may even proceed full-time.

If you are interested, please, contact me at Esin.floyd.[protected]@gmail.com for details

(send us a filled form as attachment).

_________FORM_______FORM________FORM_________
First name:______________________
Last name:___________________
Country of residence:___________________
Contact phone:_______________
Preferred call time:_______________
_________FORM_______FORM________FORM_________

Our representatives will reply within 48 hours.

We found your resume at www.careerbuilder.com. This letter confirms that your
resume has been duly processed and your skills completely meet our requirements
for Financial Manager vacancy.

• Ni
    NigerianScamHunter Mar 30, 2009

This person is simply a "You cash at your bank, send me the money and keep a percentage of the FAKE CHECK YOU JUST PASSED" scam.

Its a SCAM SCAM SCAM. Nice English they use. Hire someone off a resume site without so much as a phone call. I have been playing with this idiot for a few days now. I sent the information to Interpol and the FTC and if you get letters like this, ...don't fall for it. Its another Nigerian Scam aimed at Americans . Send it to the FBI and BBB so that the word gets out. Nothing is this easy. You don't get jobs off the internet in this kind of position. Especially when they say "YOU ARE THE ONE WE HAVE LOOKING FOR". YOU CAN TERMINATE BY A SUPERVISOR ANYTIME. **its a funny attempt to look real but the buttons don't work on the site. The emails are relayed to Gmail, and the BBB has no record of them. In fact the address didn't check out. How Funny. Learn the damn language if you plan to Conn us.

• Li
    Lisa Louise Jul 20, 2009

Thanks for your post - I got an email from Total Group, Inc. that was very, very similar (see below). I really appreciate being able to double check on these groups via the internet and that other job seekers willing to share their experiences. Lisa

Dear Lisa, We have found your resume at careerbuilder.com and would like to propose you an Independent Agent position. My name is James Lorensen and I represent Total Group Inc. Our Department took a look at your resume and I'm glad to inform you that your skills meet our basic requirements. Our company is a world-famous one. We offer financial services, i.e. escrow services for buyers and sellers. Total Group deals with stocks, business sales at closed commercial auctions (the number of buyers is limited) and world-wide online auctions, such as ebay.com, amazon.com and yahoo.com. This is a part-time vacancy with flexible schedule. Working hours: 2-3 hours a day from Monday to Friday. It's possible to work from home and communicate via INTERNET & phone. Job requires internet access and e-mail. No need to pay for enrollment! All expenses are covered by Total Group . We offer Trial Period (30 days) for employees, whose application forms were approved. During this time you'll be getting all necessary instructions and training from our online support. After first 20 days we evaluate whether employee is ready to work with us on permanent basis. Supervisor can exercise his right to recommend termination after trial period. The monthly salary for the first 30 days is $2300 + 8%commission for every completed transaction. Working with a number of permanent customers your real salary will be raised up to $4500/month. After the trial period your monthly wage will be $3000 plus 8% commission. NOTE: After your probationary period you may ask for additional hours or proceed to full-time. If you are interested to know more about Financial Agent position please fill in the form below and send it to: job.total.[protected]@gmail.com We will contact you within next 48 hours after reviewing your form. ------------------------------------------------FORM------------------------------------- Full name ______________________ Residence country _____________________ Contact phone ______________________ Availability time _______________________ ------------------------------------------------FORM------------------------------------- We found your resume at www.careerbuilder.com. This letter confirms that your resume has been duly processed and your basic skills meet our requirements for Financial Manager vacancy. Sincerely yours, James Lorensen Total Group Inc.

MartinezT Jul 25, 2009

I have received 7 such e-mails since 7/23/09 & have been receiving them off & on for the past yr. now. I tried to turn them over to the F.B.I. a yr. ago & no one was interested in doing anything about this. Was told that it is not against the law to post a job offer. Just be aware of what you respond to & remember " if is sounds to good to be true, it probably isn't ." I would LOVE to land a job that pays this well from home !!!

Makaveli087 Jul 29, 2009

I recieved the same letter except the position was differant, it said it was from hotjobs.com (which i did use monthes ago) and they knew my full name. It was also from James Lorenson of Total Group Inc. I figured it was worth a try. Any updates from you guys about these people??

Thanks.

• Hi
    highly curious Aug 06, 2009

I have also recieved the same letter which I will post below. I have tried to check them out and haven't really came up with any concrete "bad or Scam" reports rather I found a positive response @ [redacted] . com. I went to their websites and it seems to be legit. The BBB has no record of them. I have not done anything at this point. I have a bank account with a little of nothing in it, how much damage could giving them access to this account cause me? Does any one out there have any real experience with these guys?

My Email...

After reviewing your resume at Careerbuilder website we feel that you are a good fit for a financial manager position.

My name is James Lorensen and I am working in Total Group Inc.
    It's a large company, headquartered in the USA. Main field of our business is financial services, including escrow services provided for customers of online auctions.

Position we are offering is part-time, with flexible schedule. You are to spend 2-3 hours on average a day (except Saturday and Sunday, no tasks during weekends) working from the convenience of your home.
    NOTE: Internet access and e-mail is required.

Total Group Inc. covers all expenses, no need to invest your own money!

After we sign the contract, you'll be employed for a month of a trial period. During this timeframe, you'll receive all the necessary instructions and training from your supervisor. One week before the trial ends, supervisor will be making his/her decision regarding the employee.

During the trial period you'll be paid $2, 300 a month. Also you'll keep 8% from every money transfer processed. Total income, considering the current volume of clients, will be up to $4500 per month. After you successfully pass the Trial Period, base salary will be increased up to $3000 per month. Furthermore, you may ask for extra hours or even a full time job.

If you are interested in this job offer or would like to learn more, please forward your filled form with your updated contact information to us at: emp.total.[protected]@gmail.com

First name:_______________________
    Last name:_____________
    Country of residence:_____________________
    Contact phone:____________________
    Preferred call time:____________________
    ==============FORM===FORM================

We promise to reply promptly!

We found your resume at www.careerbuilder.com. This letter confirms that your resume has been duly processed and your skills do meet our basic requirements for the Financial Manager vacancy.

Regards,
    James Lorensen
    Total Group Company

• Tr
    tru3jam Aug 07, 2009

Nigerian Scam hunter... I need more than just your comments. I need facts just straight clear, self-explained evidence. How did you come to the conclusion it is a scam? Where did you receive the information from?

I believe everyone received the same formatted letter for the job with the same information. Only difference is the name or where they received our resume. I checked BBB. In addition to the white pages, the address was fake.The number was a wireless provider. Not to mention, James L tried to contact me, but also a different associate Nick Collins sent me information from Entrust group not Total group. The website set up and information were the same. I checked the address for entrust it existed only, but they did not seem to connect. It was as if they provided a real address from a different company using it as their own.

I am confused. I am uncertain if it is legit or a scam.

As anyone worked for this company?

• Tr
    tru3jam Aug 07, 2009

Is it Esin, Total, or Entrust GROUP...( saying in confusion!!!)

• To
    toomqr1 Oct 01, 2009

Here's the one i got. P*** off foreign [censored]es.

Dear,

My name is Melissa Kendrick and I am working at CCN Group Inc.
    It's a large company headquartered in the USA. Main field of our business is financial services including escrow services provided for customers of online auctions.

Position we are offering is a part-time one with flexible schedule. You are to spend on average 2-3 hours a day (except Saturday and Sunday, no tasks during weekends) working from your home.
    NOTE: Internet access and e-mail is required.

CCN Group Inc. covers all expenses, no need to invest your own money!

After we sign the contract you'll be employed for a month of a trial period. During this timeframe you'll receive all the necessary instructions and training from your supervisor. One week before the trial ends your supervisor will be making his/her decision regarding the employee.

During the trial period you'll be paid $2, 300 a month. Also you'll keep 8% from every money transfer processed. Total income considering the current volume of clients will be up to $4500 per month. After you successfully pass the Trial Period base salary will be increased up to $3000 per month. Furthermore, you may ask for extra hours or even a full-time job.

If you are interested in this job offer or would like to learn more please forward your filled form with your updated contact information to us at: job.ccn.[protected]@gmail.com

First name:_______________________
    Last name:_____________
    Country of residence:_____________________ Contact phone:____________________ Preferred call time:____________________ ==============FORM===FORM================

We promise to reply promptly!

Regards,